[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bb thred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: download (9).jpg (6KB, 257x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
6KB, 257x144px
Just started this game out. You were right /v/ its pretty nice.
>threaded cane is cool
How the hell do i get good at parrying? It only works like half the time. Also how do you activate the dlc? Also,
>bloodborne thread.
>>
time those parries so that you shoot them right as their attack is coming down on you. some of the easier enemies you can nail on the windup to their attacks like the cathedral spooks with the canes.

for the most part it's basically just something you'll learn, it becomes an instinctive thing. there's an early boss that works as a good parrying training camp too.

you can access it once you've beaten Vicar Amelia, though it's recommended to be probably level 60-70 or so with at least a +6/7 weapon as it's pretty tough.

enjoy mate, you only get to do it for the first time once.
>>
>>383880272
I loved dark souls 1 AMD played through it at least ten times. Played through ds2 once. This game is by far as good as ds1 if not better.
>>
Practice parrying on the brick ogres, thats how i managed to get into it
>>
You parry when the attack is about to hit, not right when it starts
You can get to DLC after beating Vicar Amelia but it's hard to do anything if you go that early, other than pick up some new weapons
>>
>>383880372
i played the ever-loving fuck out of all three dark souls by the time i finally got to bb, i won't rank them cause they all offer something different but bb definitely is pretty high up there.

only problem is the bad habits that carry over, bb is all about being aggressive, exploiting the rally hp recovery, and generally being fast and up in their faces. a lot of ds is being patient, defensive, and waiting for openings which more often than not will get you buttfucked in bb.
>>
I just picked up the saw in the dlc. Is it worth upgrading to beat the living shit put of everything with its l2?
>>
>>383881067
>when your souls instinct kicks in and you repeatedly jump away to heal and get interupted and hit over and over
Probably just me being bad but still
>>
>>383881241
If you're going for a strength build then it's definitely worth it.
Saw is the exclusive territory of stronk hunters.
>>
>>383880010
>How the hell do i get good at parrying? It only works like half the time

No, it works 100% if you get the timing right.
>>
>>383881241
the pizza cutter? yeah it wrecks face, especially with papers. a bit slow but that damage and scaling.

if you can manage to grab the beasthunter saif that thing is also amazing. that zippy little closer dash is the most useful against bosses.
>>
>>383880010
I want this, but don't want to shell out for a ps4, not that I don't like it.

I just have everything else I want on pc.
>>
>>383881418
then i'm bad too because that got me pretty bad early on. bb's got a bunch of enemies and bosses that i swear are designed deliberately to fuck over people working on muscle memory alone from souls games.

Gascoigne's werewolf form jump attacks sure broke that backwards dash/take a sippy habit real quick.
>>
>>383881547
Eh, PS4 prices are pretty low and it'll drop even more as the time goes on, maybe one day you'll get it. Or don't you have any relatives or friends with a console?
>>
>>383881547
I got it for Persona 5, BB, Yakuza and Nioh and it was well worth it, I have 500+ hours in all of these except maybe Nioh.
>>
Just finished nG+ and like with all souls games it was piss easy, does it get harder again with ng++Or does that not come til later?
I want to go into the +s so i can actually experience different weapons but i also want the challenge, i cant decide if i should keep going or just say fuck it and go ng
>>
>>383881704
Glad to hear its not just me
>>
>>383882503
Well what do you expect, it's just inflated stats. Try chalices if you haven't
>>
As a guy whos played the fuck out of dark souls 1, 2 and 3. Im having a hard as fuck time beating this game. Even the easiest of bosses i manage to die to rapidly like wet nurse and micolash.
>>
>>383882503
main story besides DLC is not that hard, chalice dungeons on the other esp. with added curses(defiled and etc) will tear you a new one
>>
>>383882727
other hand*
>>
I'm planning on playing Bloodborne soon but I'm wondering if the online is active enough to bother using up my free 14 days for it. I refuse to pay for any subscription by principle and I don't plan to summon for any of the boss fights if I can for my first playthrough, so it would pretty much just be for bloodstains and any sort of emergent gameplay from getting invaded. However, if the only thing left are twink faggots who float around the starting area with level 1000 equipment then I just won't bother with online.
>>
How are the npc quests in this game? Buggy as in souls3? Also stupid to get like in souls 1/3?
>>
File: Moonlight.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
Best weapon coming through
>ancient arcane greatsword that channels the power of the cosmos
>causes the wielder to see sprites of moonlight and drives them mad
>probably comes from the Great Ones themselves or was made to slay them
>only pure weapon in the game that isn't a cobbled together hunter tool
Please don't bother replying to me about pvp as if anyone cares about the meta
>>
>>383882696
Be more aggressive, stop backing away from the boss, and stay to the sides/back of enemies rather than trying to bait/punish in front of them.
>>
>>383880010
Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapborne
>>
>>383882958
They're really short, and easy to miss. Not really on par with DS1 NPC's in my opinion.
>>
>>383883029
>implying the trick weapons aren't masterpieces of engineering
>>
>>383882921
Actually tell me something can you still voice chat and the basic stuff when not using PS+?
>>
>>383882682
I have my skill capped at 50, vit at 50 and end at 40 so i wont be gaining anything, ill probably just dump into arc mostly but i guess strength might give me an increase but i can leave that for later
>>
>>383880010
>How the hell do i get good at parrying?
Practice
>how do you activate the dlc?
I strongly recommend saving the DLC for a second playthrough. It interrupts the momentum of the main story due to being set in a different dimension.
>>
>>383882921
you can only get invaded in like 2 areas until you kill the bell maiden mob, then youre safe. if you're invaded it's most likely a twink as most real pvpers just do it in chalice dungeons now
>>383882958
npc quests are quite straight forward imo
>>
>>383883045
to add to this, they are way more simple compared to 3's obtuseness of questlines. Thank god
>>
File: Kos_Parasite_Concept_Art.png (397KB, 569x529px) Image search: [Google]
Kos_Parasite_Concept_Art.png
397KB, 569x529px
>>383883029
actually disregard all that, kos parasite is best weapon
>>
>>383882921
Invasions during your playthrough are pretty uncommon
There's always world PVP going on in one of the end game areas, it's mostly filled with the players of shittiest playstyle however
You can join a fight club if you'd like but they're full of people who farmed gems
>>
>>383882921
It was still somewhat active when I played it back in February of this year. If you're that concerned with a lively game, maybe wait for it to be on sale before you start playing.
Honestly though, invasions are at their most limited in BB and not worth playing for, so all you'll be really missing out on is co-op and messages.
>>
>>383880010
I just started the game with the cane, how do you use it, it's so shit I feel like start a new game with the axe
>>
File: bloodletter.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
bloodletter.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>383883234
OP here, disregard that I suck cocks. I was meaning to post this
>>
>>383883045
I don't mean quality. I mean shit like yondel, where you magically need to know that you need to die and level up five times before you touch the brigde, or same shit with siegmeyer who only spawns after seeing patches.

Or das1 siegmeyer where you magically need to go to the swamp a second time.

>>383883212
>>383883212
Alright thanks!
>>
File: 1495479621357-2-1.jpg (335KB, 1024x463px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-2-1.jpg
335KB, 1024x463px
Personally I didn't enjoy it at all, I went in blind and platinumed it 10 days, never having played a Souls game before.

I prefer a challenge in vidya but maybe if you were born in the late 90's / new millennium you'll enjoy it because it gives the sense of achievement with no actual challenge.
>>
>>383882921
Ive been invaded twice but i think i was overleveled because i won pretty easily and im not that good
I got invaded in ng+ mensis today and it just felt cheap
>>
>>383883349
Pump skill and upgrade, becomes of of the best skill weapons. Otherwise if you ain't feeling it, go strength and use the axe
>>
>>383883349
Whip mode is great for crowd control and decent for the few slower, larger monsters you want to keep distance from. Try it out on the large packs of basic enemies in the streets to get a feel of how it's useful. Normal mode is for single targets. It felt pretty weak to me and better as a secondary weapon for crowds rather than the main go-to.
>>
>>383883349
1v1 use the cane form, for groups the tricked the strong attack is absolutely devastating
Obviously its lowest damage per hit so you gotta use irl skill. The axe is boring imo but if you are really having a bad time it will help
>>
>>383883413
I remember missing a quest line on my first playthrough because the area was pretty dark and NPC wearing black armor didn't help
Other than that you should be able to figure it out
>>
>>383883481
If you plan on sticking with the cane, its moveset becomes real useful: has slash and thrust dmg(there's a certain enemy thats extremely weak to thrust/stabs, you'll know it when you see your slash dmg do jack shit to it), low stam usage in both modes, and whip mode for CC and hitting boss weakness for its long range
>>
>>383880010
why do you get so many blood vials
>>
>>383883687
also its whip mode does bonus dmg to beasts and that its buffable with papers/shell so you can shit dmg even more. Not to mention only takes one hand like the cleaver so you can still use your gun
>>
>>383883687
Pretty much all enemies take more damage from thrust
>>
>>383883771
Because those are all the vials you have to work with
When you hit a wall after teating them like an infinit resource you'll wish you got more
Also youl never die just because you ran out
>>
>>383883087
Nah I agree with that, I just prefer a pure sword with no moving parts
>>
>>383883413
Man quests like that aren't meant to be found and completed every single playthrough by every player on purpose. They're meant to happen organically as you explore and try different things in the game.
Since this would probably bother you, one BB quest requires you to "magically" return to the clinic where the game starts and look around.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.