[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on Banjo-Tooie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

What's your opinion on Banjo-Tooie?
>>
It sucks compared to the first one, massive, open and aimless. Too many pointless abilities that only exists to lock things behind doors.

BK1 is 10/10 though
>>
breddy gud
>>
>>383879273
Like Donkey Kong 64, it's too big for it's own good. But I still enjoyed it for the most part.
>>
Wonderfully designed in its own right but perhaps a bit too ambitious for its native hardware and it lacks the tight, concise pacing of its predecessor. That said, it's certainly more of a challenge and the interconnected worlds were cool, even if it sort of facilitated backtracking out the ass in the process.
>>
Superior to the original in almost every conceivable way, a natural evolution of the series, feels like a proper adventure game. The big and empty meme that everyone parrots needs to die. The game introduced multiple ways of getting through areas faster via rolling, copious amounts of flight pads, talon trot unlocked from start, and warp points. Not to mention the huge variety of gameplay styles, actual fun minigames, and some of the best boss fights in any 3D platformer. The overworld was sprawling but interconnected and full of life, as were most levels. I honestly don't have a single major complaint about it, except maybe that Terrydactyland kinda sucked.
>>
>>383880895
Exactly.
>>
>>383879273
I've played it too many times it's seared into my retinas. I wish I could erase my brain and play it fresh again.
>>
>>383879273
Better than the original

>>383881056
I like DK64 better than kazooie too
>>
I dont like it but can respect what they managed to get out of the N64 Hardware
>>
>>383883220
I agree with you fully except for terradactyland. I loved that level.
At least its design. Playing at 10FPS on the other hand isn't too fun.
>>
>>383883220
>Fun Minigames

Tell that to Grunty's Pot of Gold with a wonky control stick.

Also I wish the game had another shooter stage. 3 weren't enough.
>>
I loved it, didn't play the first one though so I can't really compare. Didn't really feel overwhelmed by the big levels like some people though. I guess the jiggies that required you to use the interconnected levels were mostly shit (fuck that dino family and cavemen in particular), but the way to find those shortcuts were sometimes creative.
>>
>>383879273
It was pretty fun. I'd say that the changes made aren't bad, just different, leaving up which is better to preference.
Also, keeping the unlocked moves from the last game is amazing, more games need to do that.
>>
>>383879273
I liked it.

Thought the multi-player was pretty fun as well.
>>
Much better than the first game. People complain about Tooie being too big, but it still manages to have better level design in general than Kazooie did. The minigames are a vast improvement over the bullshit in Kazooie, the interconnected world was fun to explore, and while some of the power-ups are pretty dull (now you can swim even faster!!!) other ones like being able to split up and the individual areas were great.
>>
File: NUH HUH.gif (828KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
NUH HUH.gif
828KB, 500x289px
This is going to sound stupid, but I hated how Tooie removed the jiggy dance.

Hag 1 sucked ass compared to the Grunty fight in the first game. New abilities weren't very interesting. Music was really good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.