[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me, or is this game actually really hard? Trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: smbox_english.jpg (108KB, 547x400px) Image search: [Google]
smbox_english.jpg
108KB, 547x400px
Is it just me, or is this game actually really hard? Trying to enjoy it, but the bosses are really difficult I'm finding
>>
it can be tough

the best speedrunners die on bosses all the time
>>
It's just the spore spawn, the others are really easy if you explore.
>>
Ridley is the only hard boss. The others I complete it. Draygon takes 2nd in difficulty
>>
>>383877989
>Draygon takes 2nd in difficulty
that boss dies in 2 seconds if you have enough health using the grapple beam
>>
Welcome to the era when Nintendo still made games with a fair amount of challenge. I was surprised some years back when I really got into ALttP too, I expected a much easier time than I got but it was a blast.
>>
>>383878110
But it's natural progress to have grapple beam at that point right? Each time I've played SM I've had it for the boss, and I don't remember the map that well. It's just about figuring out what to do for it to be the easiest boss in the game.
>>
After learning grapple electrocution the only hard bosses in this agme are Phantoon and Ridley.

Currently playing Zero Mission for the first time and having a much harder time personally, though maybe it's because I played SM as a kid so I got used to its challenge faster.
>>
>>383878420
Yeah, you're supposed to get the grapple beam to get the first intended power bombs. It's just a detour after Crocomire. Cool people get the power bombs in lower Brinstar, before even entering Norfair.
>>
>>383878490
Oh yeah and another note, I had a nephew try to do the Kraid fight and he got wiped after running outta missiles and falling into the spike pits too much.

Had him hand me the controller and do away with him before he could spawn his floor in like 2-3 seconds.
>>
>>383878598
Getting that early super missile right as you enter Brinstar is so fucking dope. Completely breaks the Kraid fight.
I love how early you can get stuff in this game. You only really need morph ball, bombs, missiles and supers to get most items in this game.
>>
>>383878740
I was having a streak of handheld walking simulators and interactive movies when I first played Zero Mission which was my first Metroid game, I didn't know what to expect but I played it for the whole day, almost crying when it felt like playing an actual fucking video game for once again. It's a rare feel nowadays.
>>
Yea some bosses were hard. Good luck with AM2R
>>
>>383877259
Is this a joke? It's probably the easiest 2D Metroid game.
>>
>>383879910

Draygon can be pretty mean if you don't know the grapple beam trick.
>>
File: 1494857469281.jpg (102KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494857469281.jpg
102KB, 750x750px
>>383877259
i just finished my first playthrough a week ago, the only boss i found difficult was the golden chozo statue (crocomire was annoying as well but i didn't consider him to be difficult)
the thing that i found hard was wandering around trying to figure out where to go, at least before i got the X Ray scope
thinking of starting a new playthrough since i only have a handful of snes games and i'm really itching to play something on it
>tfw i think super mario world is really, really hard
>>
>>383878553

The way I think they intended you to get the power bombs on a speed playthrough was to get them after fighting Crocomire. Because everything lines up if you walljump up to the wave beam, which allows you to get to Crocomire without going through the ice beam's location.

Of course the game has been perfected so much people don't even need to get the grappling hook anymore.
>>
File: 1499746217971.jpg (73KB, 539x386px) Image search: [Google]
1499746217971.jpg
73KB, 539x386px
I just recently replayed this and Phantoon was really the only hard one where I died once and almost a second.
Ridley came close.

The entirety of Maridia can go fuck itself. Every time I end up there I just want to kill myself. At least jumbo shrimp has the decency to let you end the battle early by using yourself as a live current.
>>
>>383880046
Even without it phantoon is probably harder. Especially if you use super missles.
>>
>>383880865
Knowing about power bombing the glass tube only made it worse for me because I spent so much time trying to explore that area of Maridia without having the tools necessary to do it
dealing with water physics pre-gravity suit sucks serious ass
>>
File: 1485125593565.png (195KB, 417x578px) Image search: [Google]
1485125593565.png
195KB, 417x578px
>>383880865
>get stuck in Maridia
>bombing everything
>im finding hidden energy tanks/missles rather than the route to progress
>bout to drop game
>accidently power bomb pipe area
>a little nook opens up
>>
>>383881076
On top of that if you make it to the right side of the wrecked ship, the energy tank isn't there yet for some reason
>>
File: 1497239826419.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1497239826419.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>383880865
>Maridia
>All those locked doors
>Confusing layout
>Large rooms that are annoying to climb without skillful walljumping and shit
>Going up and down the tube transport
>End up in the right corner where you're supposed to get Spring Ball
>Have to come from the top to enter door
>More confusion
>Couldn't find that one fucking shootable floor that leads further in to Draygon
First playthrough Maridia was pure hell. I can appreciate the area now, because I know where to go, but fuck I was stuck there for a good while.
>>
>>383881306
it's still confusing I just played through SM again after a few years and my dumbass got so lost that I ended up killing Phantoon before I had the grappling beam.
>>
I remember that flying snek boss in that tiny room was surprisingly hard.
>>
File: smguide_pg3.jpg (322KB, 1202x873px) Image search: [Google]
smguide_pg3.jpg
322KB, 1202x873px
>>383877259
Replaying Super after Fusion and Zero made me realize what chumps the Bosses in Super are. You've got so much more room and missiles feel like they do a lot more damage. Draygon is probably the only really tricky one if you've missed out on a lot of Super and regular Missile pickups.
>>
Explore more. That's what the power ups are for.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.