[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That new console smell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 41xM31QiwdL._SX425_.jpg (16KB, 425x345px) Image search: [Google]
41xM31QiwdL._SX425_.jpg
16KB, 425x345px
post memories of when you first got a console
>be 13
>Mom goes out to wait in line at target and actually manages to get a wii day one
>comes home and surprises me with it
>that magic of turning it on and thinking "this is the future"
>proceeded to make mii's of all my friends and family members
>playin waggle games with neighbors and family and having a blast
>>
File: jimgaffiganpipe.png (311KB, 590x548px) Image search: [Google]
jimgaffiganpipe.png
311KB, 590x548px
>>383876374
I made Miis of random ugly people at my local Golden Corral
I was a weird kid
>>
>>383876374
>playin waggle games
what about OTHER game...
>>
>>383878289
WII GAME
>>
>>383876374
>Save up my money to buy a PS3
>It's heavy and huge as shit
>Start playing portal 2 because I didn't have anything else even though I already finished it on my friends Xbox
>Halfway through the light goes red, makes a sound and the console turns off
>Won't turn back on again
>Can't find receipt

I still have that piece of shit
>>
>WII LAUNCH IS COMING
>Wait in line since 2pm
>even walk in and get Red Steel turned out to be a mistake about a week later the day before launch
>it finally comes and we get it
>theres one zelda copy left when i get up to the counter and i never played zelda besides the Oracle games and LttP for GBA so i didnt give a shit about TP, guy behind me thanked me
>bring it to my dad's gf-at the time
>play it for about 2 hours downstairs; wii sports + red steel
>wake up at 6am to head back to our grandparents' house and so dad can go to work
>halfassedly pack the wii back up in its box, knowing itll just be opened and plugged in once we get to grandparents'
>so the box is barely closed up now and my short kid body pushes the box up and slides it into the trunk
>dont notice the opening of the box is on the side facing me and its coming undone
>and just like a bobsled slipping down a halfpipe the wii console -- JUST the console -- jets out toward the pavement and crashes, leaving a very small mark in the corner of the bottom, next to the WII logo
>get to grandparents, figuring its made of nintendium and the dent isnt noticeable anyway, its ok
>dad hooks it up
>standby/power light comes on
>nothing on screen
>we make sure to check everything about 5 times and even try to put discs in, it doesnt accept anything whatsoever
>welp.
>im just sad that such a small thing did it in and dad says he'll send it in
>i patiently wait, contrary to me in the weeks leading up to the release
>finally comes back with no charge supposedly? i think my dad didnt want me to think he had to pay more for it but who knows
>spend years with it and have an amazing time
>until i jacked it full of homebrew and played the everloving fuck out of it all over again and watched it slowly disintegrate into a nonfunctioning brick around 2012
>still have txt files of all playtimes from 2011 still saved on my laptop
>>
>getting N64 with SM64 and fighting with my brother to play first
>we'll take turns, an hour on, an hour off
>i win, but just sat mesmerized by mario's face for probably the entire hour
>he takes the controller
>i tell on him
>parents say i need to share
>sit in seething anger as he plays

>finally my turn again
>get lost numerous times in bob-omb battlefield

Despite being as upset as i was, it was definitely an experience that made me realize "holy shit this is the FUTURE, and its all in 3D"
>>
>>383881463
*playing with mario's face
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.