[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC Gaymin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1497812948512.jpg (47KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
1497812948512.jpg
47KB, 430x430px
I have a new PC that I built in December and games are freezing on it. It started around February and it only freezes the game. I'm able to Alt+Tab or task manager freely to get rid of the frozen game so that lets me know it's not a serious issue. The thing I can think that could be the issue is that it could be an overheating issue. Help me /v/!
>>
>>383873320
Any overclocks? May be causing some shit with some renderers.
>>
>>383874141
No overclock whatsoever. I've been afraid of overclocking ever since my friend's GPU melted.
>>
>>383874709
Have you updated your gpu drivers recently?
>>
>>383874798
You know, the issue seemed to show when I updated my 1060 back in February or March and then I read online that if that were the case, I should revert back to the old drivers and I did so and nothing changed.
>>
>>383875283
use MSI afterburner to monitor temps, gpu utilization, cpu utilization, RAM utilization and pagefile usage(RAM overflow). that should tell you all you need to know.
>>
>>383875283
Bingo then. Either update again or roll back.
>>
>>383875571
and if all of those arent overused, then it must be some kind of driver issue or hardware failure
>>
>>383875571
Okay, thanks for your time anon!
>>
>>383873320
>The thing I can think that could be the issue is that it could be an overheating issue.

Monitor your temps, my god man.
Cap your framerates as well.
>>
>>383875283
Go to geforce.com and ask for help of how to completely erase drivers. They know what I mean.
Then clean install them
NOT /g/ FAGGOT
>>
>>383875920
>tfw maxed out overclocked my MSI 1070 with no extra fans goes to 71 max and CPU hits maybe 62
>>
>>383875956
I did this and nothing happened. I used a program that some Nvidia tech wizard told me to use and everything.
>>
>>383876167
Did you restart your PC
>>
>>383876274
Of course I did, amigo
>>
>>383876356
Then reinstalled? Because thats all I know man. Should solve it unless your card is fucked, which it doesnt sound like.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.