[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name ONE reason why playing in release order would be better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: metal-gear-chronological-order.jpg (331KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-chronological-order.jpg
331KB, 800x600px
Name ONE reason why playing in release order would be better than chronoLOGICAL order.
>>
because newer releases add more quality of life changes that make it harder to get into the older ones
>>
The engine and graphics update as you go along.
>>
every game is a masterpiece. Play them in release order.
>>
>>383872045
I played 2 first and I absolutely disagree
>>
Because they were developed with release order in mind, but who the fuck really cares
>>
they assume that you've beaten the previous games first, it's like Star Wars

chronoLOGICAL order is a good idea for replays, but I would spend my time on something more interesting
>>
Because the story was written to be best understood with knowledge of the previous games.
Also, >>383872045
>>
>>383871951
The story doesn't make a lick of sense regardless.

Start with 1 so it doesn't disappoint after masterpieces like 2 and 3.
>>
the story is so disjointed and convoluted it doesn't matter and release order is better for fun
>>
>buy the HD collection
>see they're desplayed on chronological order
>start MGS3
>have a blast
>play Peace Walker
>awesome gameplay
>start MGS2
>Controls are fucking atrocious and I can't get past the tanker level
Play in the release order
>>
File: 52d.png (85KB, 210x434px) Image search: [Google]
52d.png
85KB, 210x434px
>>383872564
>he started by playing subsistence
2 and 3 literally control the same apart from the camera and a few other minor tweaks
>>
>>383871951
In movies chronological order often makes sense but in vidya it just doesn't, because there's much more to vidya than the stories. If you're replaying a series, then chronological order might be the thing to do.
>>
File: !.jpg (276KB, 1077x1037px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
276KB, 1077x1037px
>>
>>383873034
STOP THIS REEE
>>
>>383871951
Only retards play in chronological order and recomend it.
>>
>>383872996

No because its not just narrative progression there is a historical mechanical progression as well. It's important to play MGS in release order in order to see how much the series evolved with each entry. In fact, they're designed in mechanical progression, so even if narratively MGS3 is first its mechanically building on what was introduced in MGS2 so it makes no sense to play it first. Even MGS4 and MGS5 follow MGS3 in mechanical progression so I would argue its important to play MGS4 after 3 so that you can see how they built on the mechanics introduced in that game.
>>
>>383872762
Yeah well but peace walker went in between. Made the difference really jarring
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.