[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are you childhood gaming friends now anon? >Friend group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 1497368777362.png (111KB, 232x241px) Image search: [Google]
1497368777362.png
111KB, 232x241px
Where are you childhood gaming friends now anon?
>Friend group is PC bros all through highschool
>All sorts of lanning, online multiplayer, MMOs, local multiplayer with controllers, every genre under the sun
>College starts and I'm the only one who keeps up with PC
>Try getting into a few new multiplayer games but I'm stuck being at the mercy of whatever retards I get matched with, absolutely hate it
>Go on a genuine racist tirade after my 5th spanish speaking team in DOTA 2 in a row and swear off the game forever
>The last online multiplayer game I have had any fun with is Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed
>It's pretty much dead now
I rejoined fucking World of Warcraft when Legion launched I was so desperate for some PC multiplayer for fucks sake. I joined a guild on goddamn Moonguard because it was the only realm with a community.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>383867983
>childhood gaming friends

>childhood
>friends
>>
>>383868072
was just going to make this exact same post desu
>>
>>383867983
You are playing the wrong games, baka OP.
>>
>>383867983
One is hardcore into meetups while the other is trying his best to do stand up.

Still hang out with them once in awhile when our schedules match for free time.

Also, still hang out with some high school buddies too from time to time.

I play games more with my online friends though so it all works out.

We've even met up once before and went to a LAN Center before.

Had good times and still have good times.
>>
>>383868487
Oh, and another childhood gaming friend got deported to Mexico and went on to get married and have a kid.
>>
File: 1499448484610.png (68KB, 175x259px) Image search: [Google]
1499448484610.png
68KB, 175x259px
All my friends are either normalfag family men and basically stopped gaming or broke because they spend all their money smoking/drinking or in prison.

My internet friends that I've never even seen before are practically all that matters now and the rest are distant memories.
>>
>>383867983
>One dropped off the face of the earth a few years after highschool.
>One went to medschool and is never online anymore.
>Two just got very distant over the years and usually don't even respond to me anymore.
>Best friend still plays vidya whenever he can, but is busy working two jobs and doesn't have the time often.
Shit sucks, we still did LANs regularly every month or two up through 2013 and then things just fell apart from there. Wish I could win a lottery and bail my one friend out of the financial hole he dug for himself.
>>
>>383867983
>tried to force himself on the girl I'm currently dating
I wasn't seeing her at the time, but still
>now living in Georgia, making the occasional Facebook post that reads like a ">tfw too intelligent to" post
>>
>>383869096
You don't bail friends out of financial holes they dug for themselves, they'll just go right back in. Fucker needs to learn the hard way or he won't learn at all.
>>
Mmm lets see
>ones an alchoholic cook at a thai kitchen
>one never left the house after highschool
>one failed a paramedic course
>>
I still play games with them, actually
Everyone lives far apart and is busy, but usually after everyone is done with work we'll log onto discord and play a game or two. It's nice.
>>
>Got into a small community of Warcraft 3 gamers back in 2004
>Still playing games with them daily 13 years later

Good feeling. Never met any of them in real life and don't want to, feelings are mutual. We just have fun fucking around in multiplayer games and talking about singleplayer games we love.
>>
Still playing video games together. Some of them are even roommates, and a couple hooked up. I've known them for 10-15 years now, which is much longer than any friendship that started out face to face ever did.

Thanks video games
>>
Sorry OP.

You fell in love with a side of vidya that requires another person to potentially get the most enjoyment out of it.

I fell in love with the single player and have no such worries
>>
File: i'm fine.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
i'm fine.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>>383867983
>tfw friends never moved from our city
>tfw most of us went to the same college (2 went to MCAD)
>tfw we all finish around the same time
>we hang out 3-6 times a week to just chill
>tfw im making all this up on an anonymous image board because all my friends are fucking dead or drunken low lives.
>tfw im the only one who went to college
>>
>>383867983
>group of friends for about 10 years now
>get together on a weekly basis to play boardgames
>they won't play anything other than moba's or FotM games online
it's a mixed bag.
>>
>>383869432
Wasn't exactly his fault, more a shitty family situation dragging him down. He started working right through high school to try and support them but all they did was fleece him.
>>
All my friends were annoying assholes, our parents forced us to hang out. I hope they're dead.
>>
File: 1437292208043.png (138KB, 234x260px) Image search: [Google]
1437292208043.png
138KB, 234x260px
All moved away
Main friend in particular completely fell off face of Earth (moved away, no texting/Facebook/email/etc.) I'd track him down if I had any idea where he was but oh well.
>>
I don't know. I lose contact with everyone because I'm self centered I guess. Can't blame anyone else when it happens literally every time.
>>
>>383870710
not the person you're replying to but learning from my family's mistakes I'll tell you this; help a loved one out, but only give them enough help to get them back on their feet. never keep helping them just because they ask for it or are in a bad situation.
it sounds easier than it is, but you really have to be fairly cold about it.
>do you any extra vehicles you are using/don't need
>are you paying for someone's expenses when you don't need to be
>can you nix something that is costing you significant monthly expenses
people don't stay poor because of their situation, unless they have a mental disability. they stay in that economic class because they are bad with money for one reason or another.
gifting people money will never help them in the end.
>>
>>383871430
His main issue is credit card debt. His awful family realized they could fleece him for thousands by getting him to sign up for a bunch of cards while he had great credit, promise to cover the payments for the stuff they bought or financed in his name, but then in the end leaving him with the bill. On his way to recovering but it will be another two years or so of working two jobs before he's out of the hole, which is why I would want to bail him out if I could. He is a hard working guy and isn't bad with his money, family just exploited him while he was naive.
>>
>>383871980
I can respect that, but people with good intentions can also be the hardest to teach.
the best way to learn a lesson is the hard way.
in the end do what you will, but I'm just saying think about the situation and don't rush to aid too hastily.
>>
>>383867983
>two friends are engineers that still live in town as me that we all grew up in
>we've been co-oping through dying light

That game is great co-op. And in the beginning zombies are actually scary. Also like the music however sparse it may be
>>
>>383867983
Dad would beat me if I played video games, then he would have his way with me and make me lick his tattoos. Mom told me men had no value and that women were superior and didn't let me go outside unless it was to school. Brother beat me if I did good at video games. My tulpas have to work through me to play them. Even in my 30s I still solo whatever I can in MMOs and then play with randos when I can't.
>>
File: Lonely-Island.jpg (45KB, 704x261px) Image search: [Google]
Lonely-Island.jpg
45KB, 704x261px
Couple of the guys still around but they never evolved into PC gamers. Keep my PS+ subscription just so I can join the occaisional console multiplayer invite. One of my childhood friends is trying to get into DOTA2 but he'll eventually give up and go back to overwatch. at least he plays that on PC. Other friend just plays stuff like eurotruck simulator and factorio by himself. I spend most of my free time playing nintendo games wherever I can, always alone desu
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.