[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they ever fix that shitty game like they said they would?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (54KB, 1114x715px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
54KB, 1114x715px
You guys all stopped making fun of it. I never preordered it or bought it or anything because I'm not a fucking retard who hands over money to enjoy the experience of getting fucked over for no reason. btw
>>
oh yeah, that game existed

kinda reminds me of the Wii U
>>
File: doll.jpg (119KB, 400x469px) Image search: [Google]
doll.jpg
119KB, 400x469px
bump
>>
I wouldn't say fixed because its still the same shoddy gameplay loop, but it has had a couple big updates that give you more shit to grind for.

People stopped making fun of it because it got old, same as TOR and every other trainwreck that comes around. That and the first update proved they actually were still working on the game and not just hiding in a bunker with the cash, which was looking more and more likely after fucking months of silence.
>>
Ask again a month from now.
>>
No. All they added was big ships, subnautica bases, and a rover.
>>
>/v/ shits all over this game
>no one ever loaded a maus-class cargo hauler full of stimmed anti-matter, piloted it into a sun, and proceeded to birth a black hole that would eat an entire star system before imploding , leaving nothing but void space in its vicinity
>no one ever did the fugitive hitch hiker sub quests
>no ever ever ran stolen ships to trading hubs, creating chaos, and watching parties uninvolved get glassed by space feds
>but NM'S is boring
Right...
>>
>>383863605
>no one ever met another player
kek
>>
>>383863825
>he actually wanted multiplayer in a comfy space exploration game
Sorry, but I've seen enough 720noscope, African warlord impression, griefing videos to know that I'd rather fly that operation solo, chief
>>
>>383863605
is the joke that none of this can happen?
>>
>>383863825
but you can, it's just extremely unlikely

even if you somehow manage to get at the same spot at the exact same time, you may still be on a different plane of existence
>>
>>383863605
As someone who kinda regularly plays, every couple weeks for just a chill out session, none of this can actually happen lol.
>>
>>383863976
I still find all of that situation hilarious
>So, here we are. On the same planet, same spot. We can't see each other.
>WOW OUR SERVERS ARE SO AMAZING IT'S A TESTAMENT TO OUR SERVER GUY
>>
>>383863967
Yeah, I was absolutely thrilled when I bought this multiplayer game and it turned out to be a single player one instead.
>>
>>383864335
it's a multiplayer experience, you can share your discoveries with your friends, and even post about it on /v/
>>
>>383864335
That onus literally falls on you, dude. The devs tweeted right before the game came out that the NM'S is a single player game. Beyond spelling it out for everyone, I don't know what you wanted them to do for you there
>>
I see we're still ironically shitposting about how the game was never meant to be multiplayer, etc.
>>
>>383864481
Wow, he tweeted right before the game came out that this multiplayer game he's been overhyping for the past two years is actually a single player game after everyone preordered it? Where can I find him so I can personally duck his cock and fondle his balls as the most based developer in the universe?
>>
NMS is gonna be great, imagine teaming up with a bunch of guys from /vg/ and go completely rogue, just camp out a system until the space militia comes gunning for us, then we just move to the next system and raise hell there.
>>
>>383864710
Most women find sarcasm a huge turn off, so in case you're wondering why you're single and alone - there's something you can work on ironing there, champ.
>>
NO
MULTIPLAYER
SUCKERS
>>
>>383864880
This isn't even good falseflagging. Go outside you lonely husk.
>>
They definitely improved it, but it still isn't all that fun. There have been hints at a big one year anniversary update happening in August with some kind of ARG as a part of it
>>
>>383864481
The problem is that they explicitly talked about multiplayer elements in interviews, particularly how the only way to see what your character looked like would be to see another player, and how difficult it would be to accomplish. They made it clear that it was a single player experience, but they also claimed it would have, at the very least, the ability to see other players.

So yes, they should have spelled it out instead of tweeting vague contradictory bullshit. "We talked about this feature but we can't get it working, sorry. There will be absolutely no online interaction beyond uploading discoveries."
>>
>>383864481
no, he didn't even do that. If he'd flat out said "It's a single player game, we had to cut the multiplayer" that would been honest. Instead he phrased it "don't go into this expecting a multiplayer experience, the universe is so big that the chance of meeting another player is incredibly rare" leading people to believe that there was still multiplayer, but it was just very rare that you'd meet up with another player.
>>
>>383860939
Bayonetta
>>
>>383863227
>That and the first update proved they actually were still working on the game and not just hiding in a bunker with the cash
Reminder that the first update was an incredibly shallow base building update, that came out right when the steam sale started. They weren't trying to improve the game, they were trying to get more sales
>>
>>383860686
Blunder of the Decade.
To say this is wasted potential is ...
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.