[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're in agreement that this'll end badly, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 17

>>
Kojima hasn't made a good game in over a decade now. He's literally the M Night Shyamalan of Video Games.
>>
Kojima hasn't made a good game in over a decade now. He's literally the M Night Shyamalan of Video Games.
>>
>>
idk dude there's like 2 trailers
>>
>Death Stranding is a 2019 science-fiction action open world video game developed by Kojima Productions and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for PlayStation 4. It stars Norman Reedus as the Son of man, a cyborg super soldier sent back in time from 2048 to 1939 to kill Jaime Sommers (Emma Stone), whose son will one day become a savior against mercenaries and machines in a post-apocalyptic future. Mads Mikkelsen plays as the Übermensch, a man from the future sent back in time to protect Sommers.

You heard it here folks.
>>
>>383859387
>>383859460
>>383859558

Could you repeat that?
>>
File: tucker-carlson-tariz-nazeem.jpg (23KB, 347x290px) Image search: [Google]
tucker-carlson-tariz-nazeem.jpg
23KB, 347x290px
>>383859664
This sounds like the Terminator.
It's not bad, but it is bullshit.
>>
>>383859862
That's the joke you fucking idiot.
>>
>>383859862
ur dumbie
>>
>>383859664
>literally just ripping off Terminator
literally a fucking hack
>>
>pointless celebrities and open world

What could go wrong, guys?
>>
>>383859176
no
>>
>>383860101
>implying this is the first Kojima does it

Fun fact: Big Boss's portrait in the original MSX2 version of MG2 was '''inspired''' by Sean Connery, who was well known for the role of James Bond
>>
>>383859704
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
>>
>>383861135
>first time
I mean.
>>
>>383859387
>>383859460
>>383859558
MGSV is the best videogame of the past decade
>>
>>383859664
>>383859862
>>383860101
>thatsthejoke.jpeg

Also that is literally Kojima.
>Madds is the good guy.
Yes PLEASE
>>
>>383859664
Everyone now re-posting this a fact because they're too dumb to realise its just baseless speculation.

The trailer has some similarities in terms of cinematography to the first Terminator film, but there's literally nothing else supporting the theory.

Might as well say its going to have the plot of Junior because the dude looks like he's had a C-section.
>>
>>383863363
>Might as well say its going to have the plot of Junior because the dude looks like he's had a C-section.

If we try hard, can we link the Dead Stranding trailers to every Arnold Schwarzenegger film
>>
>already wasting budget on 3 trailers and celebrities
yeah i've seen this episode before
>>
File: yui cake.png (219KB, 474x444px) Image search: [Google]
yui cake.png
219KB, 474x444px
I can't wait for the big reveal that kojima has become a giant fucking SJW and this is a poltically charged SJW game and /v/ collectively loses their shit that their god emperor video game man is a fucking hack after ignoring it for the last 15 years.
>>
>>383863826
how would that be news?
kojima got exposed when MGS5 released
>>
>>383859664
>reedus
T-1000
>stone
Sarah Connor
>madds
Kyle Reese

I'll bet the ending is that Reedus fails and the child gets born and in the sequel we get not-John Connor.
>>
>>383864495
Also
>Jaime Sommer
>Sommer
>Connor
He's not even trying to hide it.
>>
Kojimas only confirmed a few things so far during interviews; black holes are almost certainly the method of time travel, the baby is not a clone (that c-section scar tho) and that its definitely a 'fuck you' to Konami.

I saw a post from someone claiming to have worked on the project on 2chan, he had a single photo of a page of text in japanese:

3.9 Ga: Abiogenesis - The word became archaea, and it dwelt among earth.
7.3 mya: Homo Sapiens - Sahelanthropus. Bipedal missing link between chip-human divergence
2026 C.E - Homo Sapien Sapiens - CRISPR/Cas9 commercialization leads to unprecedented mass privatization of gene drives. Biology's most ambitious endeavour 'Project HGP-Write' is complete. LEGAL, MORAL, AND ETHICAL contentions spark political unrest.
2089 C.E. - Homo Ludens - At the edge of singularity, in an era marked with tremendous invention, reverse-post evolution engineering would prove game-changing, as a new breed of synthetically advanced hybrids would rise. Greatness in strength, agile in nature, and flight to concur, they'd prove superior in every shape, mental and form.
And when a government-led virus outbreak leaks, it's a mutation in the hybrid offspring immune to its effects that would hold the key to a cure. This would set the stage for the first time in mankind's history for his place to be tested in society, and on earth.
The war on the Code of Life as we knew it........would begin!

Probably made up but it sounds like some shit the nips, especially Kojima, would come up with
>>
>Blow budget on A list actors

Thanks Kojima. Maybe you should watch less movies you fucking homo.
>>
>>383860118
>pointless
>implying the few lines of Kiefer's that were kept in the game weren't the best VA Snake has ever had
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-09-23-01-30.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-09-23-01-30.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>383859176
We all know the answer to that. The real question is: is Stranding a word? Seriously, never heard it before in that form. Stranded, of course. But not this
>>
>>383859176
>a hideo kojima game
>bad
alrighty then
>>
Could kojima even shit out an acceptable game in this day and age without a fucking hollywood budget?
>>
>>383864674
Paying an actor for a 3D render of their head and some voice acting is a whole lot less than having them show up every day to act on set.

This is also Sony we're talking about, they'd see the investment in some currently popular talent as an investment.
>>
>>383864805
Kojima discussed the theme of 'waves' and repetition in the game, could be a plural because the event reoccurs
>>
>>383863826
Beign a leftie pinko commie bastard is not the same as being retarded, SJWs only make shitty point and click games because they're mentally handicapped.
>>
Honestly the dumber the plot, the more excited I'll be for this project
>>
>>383865171
SPOILER: You fuck up a time warp and end up back at the start of the game to double the playable length, like in bravely default
>>
>>383865060
It's worth it to give him a hollywood budget, because he is a creative genius, and when allowed to roam free, he WILL produce 10/10 games.
>>
>>383864495
Who needs spoilers? Reedus and Madds dies in the end and Stone gives birth to John Connor and in the sequel, Reedus comes back as a good guy to protect Stone and John Connor from another cyborg super soldier (T-2000).
>>
>>383865380
Yeh like mgs4, peace walker and 5

Oh wait, those are literally the worst games in the franchise
>>
>>383864805
>The real question is: is Stranding a word?

I steered the boat away from the dock and punched the throttle, stranding the woman on Rape Island forever.
>>
>>383865347
>first playthough
>weak, almost helpless
>achieve some sort of power but its too late everything goes wrong
>game ends with history repeating itself
>ng+ is the actual game, return as a god, totally different storyline at some point, this is how you actually 'win' the game
>>
This will sell a lot. 10/10 rating. I can't wait for /v/ triggered threads.
>>
>>383865329
>Honestly the dumber the plot, the more excited I'll be for this project

His best plots are based around the hero going into a base to kill a robot. I don't think it will work the other way around.
>>
>>383860101
There's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>383864616
this actually sounds good besides the Government released virus and immune baby thing, like the 28 Weeks Later plot was fucking trash I never want to think about that again
>>
File: BLACKHOLE.png (881KB, 1741x979px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKHOLE.png
881KB, 1741x979px
THIS IS THE RIGHT THEORY

>alien that oversees a bunch of planets and is responsible for our own evolution (2001 A Space odyssey)
>humans create their own evolution with the power of bio engeniering or some shit like that (fetus with special powers)
>the aliens responsible for us have been watching us, our uneedy slaughter of every form of life for vanity and worthless gains have let them really unpleased
>they end up seeing our try at managing our own evolution the ultimate betrayal
>they invade earth and start harvesting everything they can (black goo from every living thing in the ocean)
>the same black goo is used by their agents (Mads Mikkelsen) as some sort of universal fuel that can give life to the dead and even grant power that defy everything that is natural
>these agents are hunting that last few humans that managed to escape with their Star Children (the fetuses with special powers)
>>
>>383865094
>Sony
>not incompetent hacks themselves
>>
>>383866475
You do understand what a publisher is right
>>
File: ito2.jpg (104KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
ito2.jpg
104KB, 465x700px
Also, I don't believe it will be bad, I mean, Kojima is free from his chains first time in a really long time, I am happy that he is free from MGS and open to go crazy on something new.

>MGS 4 turned out not so good because he had to tie a lot of knots, he didn't even want to continue with that but he knew Konami would end up giving it to someone else if he declined, it is his baby after all

>MGS V was dissapointing because of Konami, at first the Fox Engine was only supposed to work on next gen console but Konami made them make it work on the old ones (ps3/xbox360), I heard it took a LOT of effort to make that work, and that was what caused the cut content, we would have had 6 chapters and a bunch of customization had it not been for Konami

Also, I hope Junji Ito is secretly working on Death Stranding, I love his work so much.
>>
>>383866223
>>383866795
This is boring compared to the WWII Terminator plot line.
>>
File: ito.jpg (154KB, 564x853px) Image search: [Google]
ito.jpg
154KB, 564x853px
>>383866886
That is what I think it is about, it even matches with a bunch of stuff Kojima is openly into like the 2001 A Space Odyssey movie, his favourite of all time.

>star children
>an alien race that oversees the evolution of other races
>political shit since the whole bio engineering to create the fetuses and connect them to a host was really controversial

Sounds really Kojima to me
>>
>literally 2 trailers
>no gameplay
>"this'll end badly"
>>
Until we see any gameplay or get a more coherent idea of the story, it's not really possible to judge the game. The fact that we've got nothing but vague cinematic trailers with celebrity guests doesn't really make the game look appealing to me though.
>>
File: 1447131986969.gif (462KB, 200x164px) Image search: [Google]
1447131986969.gif
462KB, 200x164px
>>383859176
My prob with this game is there's too big a deal about it being made by Kojima as well as who's in it than talking about what really matters. Gameplay. Kojima needs to get it through his fucking skull this isn't hollywood.
>>
>>383867819
>creator of one of the best franchises ever, with gameplay that got better each release
>huuurrrrr just because it is Kojima it d-does not deserrrve the attentium

Come one man
>>
File: Agness.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Agness.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>383867819
Kojima is the creator of Metal Gear known for most notably one of the dullest video game franchise in the history of video games. Each game following the one eyed undercover agent and his pals from FOXHOUND as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the toilet humour, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of cutscenes, all to make the games seem like a movie, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Kojima vetoed the idea of someone talented directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his other games (Death Stranding/P.T. Silent Hills). The Metal Gear series might be anti-stealth (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Deus Ex series in its refusal of darker, mature storytelling and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the writing and themes were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the themes were terrible. As I played, I noticed that every game ends with the same Anti-nuclear message.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that ending was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Kojima's mind is so governed by Hollywood action movie cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain by the same YongYea. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Metal Gear at 13 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to read Tom Clancy." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Metal Gear" you are, in fact, trained to read Tom Clancy.
>>
>>383859176
Depends. Is Kojima going to blow the budget again on some random model?
>>
File: 20170227214908.jpg (884KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170227214908.jpg
884KB, 3840x2160px
>>383859176
it will look fucking good
>>
no one, literally no one besides /v/ thinks mgsv is bad

what does that tell us?
>>
>>383869442
He already splurged on 2 actors. He's going to go all in on this one
>>
File: 1490818941265.jpg (50KB, 551x538px) Image search: [Google]
1490818941265.jpg
50KB, 551x538px
I'm pretty optimistic.

We keep using MGS as an example as to why he made bad games (I think this is even debatable), but it wasn't a secret he wanted out of that franchise sense MGS2.

He has an entirely new franchise to do what he has wanted to do since 2002. I doubt he'll be lazy about it.
>>
>>383867819
at least Phantom Pain was a game and was fun to play, sure it was unfinished and repetitive but you cant deny it was fun to sneak around with the new gameplay
>>
the game is about the biblical rapture
>>
>>383863826
>any Jap
>SJW
The closest they can be is a Trot. Militarism and history are too important to them to be progressives. Besides, Kojima's politics have been very consistent if we look at his games. He's a civic nationalist, anti-war but pro-military (in a self-determination sense,) he's anti-authoritarian and a bit of a traditionalist if we choose to see a consistent theme in looking to the past to enrich the future.
>>
whatever happened to that one shitposter that kept spamming that MGS5/DS pasta, did he really kill himself after E3?
>>
Nope, Sony won
Spider-Man, The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding
Any 1 of these is a system seller but all 3 is overkill
>>
File: Venom Bowie.png (214KB, 599x319px) Image search: [Google]
Venom Bowie.png
214KB, 599x319px
>>383872776
Why would someone fake their own death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2ba3R51aI

>204863 are co-ords to the bermuda triangle (gz helicopter crash) and iceland (ds trailer location)
>the pt radio talks about gateways to alternate dimensions (mg survive, norman reedus's necklace), the men in the sky and how "they" have been manipulating media, don't trust the news (the patriots / konami-kojima controversy)
>moby dick was released without an epilogue, the epilogue was included in later iterations
>kojima has posted an IRL silent hill health drink several times
>has made several tweets referencing "3"'s, like how much he loved the killing tv show but was disappointed how there was no season 3 (there was)
>the second low roar album is called zero and has songs on it such as "phantoms", "don't stop (chapter 1)" and "don't stop (chapter 2)"
>before GZ was even released low roar asked kojima if they could make music for him, point being he could've had this included in the ruse because they asked this before the konami / kojima rumors dropped
>the pt radio even talks about norman reedus hanging himself with an umbilical cord
>time winters (zero) narrates the mg survive gameplay, zero is literally showing us his latest experiment
>when asked about the cancelled silent hills project on stage with Mark Cerny kojima quickly developed a massive shit eating grin, started acting really agitated, both him and mark cerny started cracking up
>ford commerical called the phantom stars mads having a face transplant in cyprus wearing glasses kojima tweeted called 1985
>new playstation ad has the old kojima productions logo in the background
>the contractor who trademarked sony's "v" is also responsible for death stranding and decima
Then check out the poster. PT. Reverse Death Stranding. You get SD.
PTSD
The events of Phantom Pain were a coma nightmare. Death Stranding IS Silent Hills. On top of that the REAL MGS5 will be announced at PSX 2017 December.
>>
File: 1498337001324.png (253KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1498337001324.png
253KB, 645x773px
>>383859664
>open world
>>
>>383865598
>all these games
>implying he was roaming free

If you weren't underage, you'd knew about the whole drama and how Kojima wanted to fuck off of the series for ages but was forced by Jewnami to milk that cow forever. Sometimes I start to think he was trying to sabotage MGS on purpose after 3.
>>
>>383873547
Other than this being absolutely being ridiculous, there's only one reason that I would never believe this.

>Konami willing to take the massive PR backlash for dropping Kojima all in the name of "lol it's a ruse"
>>
>>383859664
Ok so its Terminator kek
>>
>>383859176
NEVER TRUST KOJIMA AGAIN.
>>
>>383859664
couldn't get the license for terminator or what?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.