[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Square Enix goes full jew mode for Deus Ex Mankind divided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 32

File: 65654754856948.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
65654754856948.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>Square Enix goes full jew mode for Deus Ex Mankind divided
>augment your preorder
>sjw themes everywhere
>cut the story in half or even a quarter to try and sell more games down the line
>this pisses everyone off
>game doesn't sell as much as they wanted
>they shelve the franchise
WHAT THE FUCK? 2 NUKES WEREN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU NIPS. SOMEONE SAVE DEUS EX FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Deus Ex of all series didn't deserve this fate
>>
>>383854030
All true
Except >sjw shit
>>
>>383854030
>sjw themes everywhere
>1 subtle gay guy and some black people
>>
>>383854030
>SJW
Stop reading right there.
>>
Why does this surprise you? Squeenix are the ones that has insane sales expectations for games like Sleepy Dawgs.
>>
>>383854030
Square wasn't directly responsible for developing MD though, it was edios.
>>
>>383856280
it's usually the publishers fault for the money grabbing schemes though
>>
>>383856280
The actual game is pretty serviceable. Should have been a bigger improvement from HR but it was alright so I can't fault Eidos too much. I don't know how the politics of this "Deus Ex Universe" shit went down so Eidos can't totally be absolved from blame, but it's pretty clear that Square Enix interfered too much and effectively sabotaged the franchise.
>>
I really don't get it.
>Try to milk series hard and it dies
Or
>Just make a solid fucking experience and have consistent reliable income
>>
File: 4L_PFKSrNIS.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4L_PFKSrNIS.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>383856343
Vidya journalist here, I'm pretty sure devs didn't even know about this jewness. Fuck, our review copies didn't have the shop. Not even joking
>>
>>383856742
you'd think they'd learn by now since milking always ends in failure.
>>
File: 1491375806621.png (254KB, 598x629px) Image search: [Google]
1491375806621.png
254KB, 598x629px
>>383856280
>>383856343
SE is apparently obsessed with pulling in CoD numbers for everything, which is strange because their marketing is fucking dire. MD was a pretty prime example of this, even people on this board hardly noticed when it came out. I don't know why the fuck they don't bother to follow up the relatively large budgets with actually effective marketing campaigns, or why the fuck they feel the need to fuck with a perfectly good project.
>>
>Hitman and Deus Ex died for this
>>
>>383857469
Hitman is still alive. The devs took it back from right under the jews nose.
>>
At least Hitman got away from that hell hole
>>
>>383857561
They tried to kill it though. They tried to kill one of the best games of the year just so FF15 wouldn't have to take the blame for putting the company in financial jeopardy.
>>
File: 1495307890984.jpg (50KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495307890984.jpg
50KB, 400x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBtkU2eJ4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVbj4GuuZTA
I know, I know
>Jimcucksition
>>
>>383854030
don't add subjective sjw bullshit when it's not warranted or you'll look like a retard to any sane person. aside from that, the situation with square enix is worse than you think, they actually told eidos montreal to add microtransactions with only a few weeks left until release when they were in bugfixing mode. They also made them split the story up into multiple games, and now we will never get the conclusion to MD's story now that it's been canceled. They need to sell off the IP so someone can reboot it.
>>
File: 1481725186792.jpg (70KB, 277x406px) Image search: [Google]
1481725186792.jpg
70KB, 277x406px
>>383857469
That's what pisses me off the most about it. At least Hitman got away from SE, but to make a sequel and a prequel to that tripe while throwing two classic series with far more potential under the bus offends me.
>>
Dont forget the mobile game
>>
>>383857469
didn't LiS sell more copies than the last Deus Ex and Hitman games combined despite being made on a much smaller budget?
>>
>>383857807
on top of this, they ordered eidos montreal to add a minigame to keep people playing long term, which was that stupid infiltration mode that no one played, a complete and utter waste of development time. They probably had a hand in the lack of story continuation in the DLC too.
>>
WHAT THE EVER-LOVING SHITFUCK DEUS EX GOT CANNED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
>Square Enix decides "All PC users are thieves" and enforces bullshit always-online server connection for a single-player Hitman game
>they also fall for the "episodic release" meme
>Hitman fails to do well thanks to the combination of "why should i buy an incomplete single player game now instead of wait for when it's done" and "why should i have to connect to Sqeenix's shitty servers to save my progress in a single player game?"
>Hitman fails to perform well thanks to these circumstances
>Sqeenix dumps the developer who will now go it alone, but had to cough up money to Sqeenix to let them to take the Hitman IP with them probably
All because FF14 had an abysmal release and spent a year letting people play for free when they were expecting it to generate income, and then FF15 was panned/flopped/forgotten
>>
>>383857093
Sterling claimed to have ears inside EM and what he claims is perfectly in line with what you said. SE:E intervenes in projects constantly. If the studio has pull up the company chain they can either tell them to fuck off or bitch to SE:J and hopefully get a resolution in their favor. SE:J apparently intervened to protect DX:MD's development from SE:E's bullshit after the Thief fiasco at least once, so after what happened I'm guessing a number of SE:E employees lost their jobs or were censured.
>>
File: BobPageDXMD.png (134KB, 318x488px) Image search: [Google]
BobPageDXMD.png
134KB, 318x488px
>tfw his voice actor will be dead by the time they revive Deus Ex again
>tfw by then the game will be set in the past rather than the future
>>
>>383854030
>cut the story in half or even a quarter
Never finished the game, eh?
>>
>>383858370
the game's main quest is quite short and leaves a few plot threads hanging. it's pretty obvious that it was originally going to be longer, was considered too ambitious and evolved into the "Deus Ex Universe" nonsense.
>>
>>383858293
why didn't he have red hair in mankind divided anyways
>>
>>383858251
>>383857093
square enix europe ordered eidos montreal to add the microtransactions two weeks out from release. they are directly responsible for fucking over the thief franchise and now the deus ex franchise. They killed two of gaming's most beloved franchises of all time.
>>
>>383857093
>video game journalist

do you lead a fulfilling life? was this your dream?
>>
>>383858560
he was in his goth phase, growing dissatisfied with the Illuminati council because they totally didn't understand him
>>
>>383858540
It's pretty obvious that it wasn't going to be longer. If you play the game, it's pretty clearly designed around what we saw as being the arc of the game, with the illuminati as the setup for the next game. They made the mistake of the sequel hook being more interesting than the main plot. There's no way they could shove that into the same game without it being cancelled for using the budget and dev time of two games, or rushing the ending to cram it all in.

>>383858729
He can sleep with any indie dev he wants. Seems like a sweet gig.
>>
>>383859016
yes, it's designed to be only the first arc because of square enix europe's meddling. remember their plan to turn deus ex into "deus ex universe" with more frequent releases. The devs wanted to create a good, satisfying story, but it's hard when your publisher can't keep their grubby hands away from the creative process.
>>
>>383859016
the rumor of the game having been split into three was started by Jim Sterling of all people, not only a fat fucking retard can make up shit without having any idea how much it costs to make a videogame, but people will eat it up as well and assume it's real
Gamers are so fucking retarded that if they hear or read something once, they will never ever do any fact checking and always assume it's true, which is how you end up with all these crazy conspiracy theories
>>
>>383859357
Then it's not "half a game".

>>383859441
I've seen people honestly claim the DLC is them "completing the story". Once people hate something, they're happy to find anything that makes them feel justified.
>>
>>383859016
>it's pretty clearly designed around what we saw as being the arc of the game, with the illuminati as the setup for the next game
They literally marketed the game by saying that Adam's gonna find the Illuminati. Guess what, he fucking didn't. Besides Bob and Manderly, Jensen knows next to nothing about the Illuminati members by the end of the game.
>>
>>383859441
Once you finish the game you'll have the feeling that something's missing and I would kind of agree with Jim on this end. It was a waste of money
t. Person that bought it day one and finished it
>>
>>383859848
Exactly, this is not something a developer wants, for a player to feel empty and unsatisfied after finishing their game. They clearly have the writing chops to create a compelling story, as we saw in Human Revolution.
>>
>>383859585
That's great, look at the game itself. The illuminati stuff is really obviously stuff setting up for the next game, hence why Adam doesn't find out much in MD.
>>
>>383859441
It's a misunderstanding of an obviously true thing, that the original plan was for Mankind Divided to be a more ambitious project which shifted into Deus Ex Universe which was then promptly canceled because lol. The pointless TF29 characters and the fact that Janus's identity ended up in a guide are symptomatic of a change of scope at some point.
>>
>mfw Deus Ex got axed because of that big pile of shit that is Final Fantasy
>>
>>383860032
>Janus's identity ended up in a guide
Wait what is that real?
>>
>>383854030
>last DLC for MD is actually really good
>ends with showing that Adam clearly does not trust Delara, likely suspects her to be an Illuminati sleeper agent
>no resolution to that or anything else in MD

Fucking bullshit is what this is, my man.
>>
>>383859585
Given System Rift and the Eliza side mission, I would imagine Jensen is clued in enough to know about Dowd and Everett as well. I'm just going to assume he never read Sarif's secretary's computer because otherwise he would piece together Lucius DeBeers was involved pretty easily.
>>
>>383859848
>getting a feeling is the exact same thing as claiming for a fact that the game was three times longer (and so they would have lied about the budget publicly and noone in the world would have found the truth outside of Jim fucking Sterling) but it was cut up in three parts because of greedy publishers that to this day refuse to release parts 2 and 3 even though they were already at least partially developed just out of spite, because obviously not releasing something you already invested money into is completely retarded and a loss of your investment
Yeah sure ok
>>383860032
find me one (1) dev interview or any other proof besides muh feelings of emptyness
Yes this game was obviously commissioned to eidos montreal as a lead in to other games, but there's no way it was ever intended as being three times longer because they'd be so incompetent they would have no idea how much something like that would cost, with the answer being an unreasonable amount of money
>>
>>383860009
The thing is that the next game won't come for about 7 years at best because Square has put the franchise on hold in favor for some Marvel capeshit cash grab
>>
>>383860032
The Janus leak isn't really good evidence that they had much more planned. We'd have a lot more leftover stuff than that.

>>383860213
What exactly did you expect? Did you think he was going to take down the whole illuminati in a DLC?
>>
>>383860197
The team is working on the Marvel Game(s) now.
If anything, Mahvel killed Deus Ex
>>
>>383854030
>sjw themes everywhere
FUCK OFF
>>>/pol/
PISS OFF >>>/pol/
FUCK OFF WITH THIS BULLSHIT
>>
>>383860213
A criminal past is god tier

I would unironically be happy if we got a Deus Ex game that was a collection of episodic missions akin to ACP and System Rift
>>
>>383859848
Nothing's missing in MD any more than something was missing in Mass Effect 1.

The immediate conflict of DXMD was resolved and closed, but just like any game that sets up a sequel, it prepares a grander plot. That one got left hanging.
>>
>>383860205
Yes it is, the Prima online guide showed it for a bit.
>>
>>383860351
Deus Ex got axed because it wasn't profitable enough to make up for the costs of Final Fantasy and was too expensive of a title to keep producing next to Final Fantasy compared to the returns it made.
>>
File: 1490576119879.jpg (67KB, 920x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490576119879.jpg
67KB, 920x720px
>>383860197
>FFXV is such a gigantic black hole of money that SE siphons funds from Heavensward
>XV finally gets released
>think that maybe XIV can use its profits to develop more content
>7R will likely be as much of a bloated piece of shit as XV and siphon even more money from Stormblood
>>
I do like Marvel, I hope the games are of the same quality as ne-dues ex. I would be pretty happy with that, also if they don't use MCU costumes/models like shitty fucking MVCI
>>
>>383860496
Don't worry, they've made a crappy cash-grab mobile game of FFXV, so it'll be profitable now!

>>383860397
I'd say ME2 too. No one had an issue that they didn't wrap all that up in one game.
>>
Say what you want about DXMD, but at the very final scene when Delara comes in and the music prepares up this big reveal, that shit was insanely hype. Those 4 synthesizer notes are pure kino.

https://youtu.be/ERUdTey7t6E?t=1m2s

Too bad I'll never get to know what happens next
>>
>>383854030
>sjw themes everywhere

Did you even play this game?
>>
>>383857093
That seems a little far-fetched considering they'd have to code it in.
>>
YO. here's someone that playtested for the game last summer. Best summer job I ever had. Literally 9-5 work time of just sitting there and playing through the campaign at my leisure. Edios HQ testing room is cozy AF too.

And if you're seriously calling the this game a work of Sjw, then you're probably unaware of this franchise history or just like to be the ones that's get mad at the people that get mad about SJW issues
>>
>>383854030
shelving deus ex is the best thing that happened to the franchise

slav dev needs to make a spiritual sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o

fuck nu ex
>>
>>383860282
you're misunderstanding, it wasn't supposed to be three times longer, it was supposed to have a satisfying story arc. that could have been done without making it a longer game. It could have the same amount of missions, but more story development contained therein. they were directed to stretch out the story in order to write multiple games at the same time.

No developer is going to shit talk their publisher in a public interview, isn't that obvious?
>>
>>383860282
>find me one (1) dev interview or any other proof besides muh feelings of emptyness
You're not going to find one, it's just circumstantial evidence. The Eurogamer article that talks about the MD sequel's cancellation does mention it though

>Much of this remaining story was once intended for Mankind Divided, Eurogamer has heard, until the game grew too large in scope and had to be curtailed. (Even with this, Mankind Divided's development took five years). It's unclear if this untold story will now be left unresolved - or tied up in another medium, such as a graphic novel.
>>
>>383860641
The last cutscene in a criminal past was pretty fucking dope too.

At least we get to finish his story one day.
>>
File: 1499676854931.gif (1012KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1499676854931.gif
1012KB, 500x700px
>>383860397
I'd have no problems with cutting the grand story into more games but don't put the franchise on ice after the first part
>>
>>383860641
>>383860794
By the time we get another Deus Ex game Bob Page's voice actor will be dead.
>>
>>383860740
>the proof is that there is no proof because they are afraid of saying it!
ok, Jim Sterling did specifically mention at one point that they cut up the game to release it as a trilogy though
>>383860784
>Eurogamer has heard
from Jim Sterling, yeah. All this argument is based on stuff he said and nothing else at all and there's nothing to back him up
>>383860847
This seriously fucks me up
>>
File: 14b215f02de7f6ae558043157156.jpg (68KB, 1199x608px) Image search: [Google]
14b215f02de7f6ae558043157156.jpg
68KB, 1199x608px
>>383854030
>expecting Square Enix to not fuck up somehow
>>
>>383854030
As someone who works for Square you would be blown away by how many of people's complaints about last year's Deus Ex and Hitman were 100% the devs fault for being insanely mind blowingly incompetent, not Square trying to jew anybody. The entire reason Hitman was episodic was because I/O was like 2 years behind schedule of their own fault, not because Square wanted to nickle and dime
>>
>>383855682
>>black people
>black
>people
>>
>>383860986
>from Jim Sterling, yeah. All this argument is based on stuff he said and nothing else at all and there's nothing to back him up
What makes you think this? Eurogamer claimed the next Deus Ex was canceled independently, last I heard Jim Sterling claimed it was still being made. The Eurogamer article is backed up by the fact that Eidos themselves said last month they only have two games in production right now, one of which is the Avengers. From leaks we can deduce the other is Tomb Raider.
>>
>>383861065
What did you do for them?

And what were the exact complaints directed towards the developers?
>>
>>383861065
>not because Square wanted to nickle and dime

Yeah cause they haven't been known for wanting to do that for the last 10 years or so.
>>
>>383860986
>>383860986
How do you know they didn't have their own source within the company? Secondly, you sidestepped my point that this isn't necessarily an issue of gameplay scope, it's an issue cut story content. The pacing of the story was much slower than the other deus ex games, and this wasn't an accident.
>>
>>383861183
aren't the working on gaurdians on the galaxy at eidos montreal instead of deus ex?
>>
>>383861065
>augment your pre-order
>no marketing
>microtransactions at the last minute
>the dev's fault
how will you spin this
>>
>>383858629
Fuck off, microtransactions werent the reason the game died, especially if they were introduced that late.
The DLC fiasco, Denuvo and being half a game is what killed the bloody thing.

Reminder that HR sold well after they "accidentally" leaked a big part if the game which gave it a ton of positive buzz. Meanwhile MD goes full Denuvo and dies. Rly gives the ol noggin a joggin'
>>
File: 1499665206438.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499665206438.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>tfw game is goat but the main story is too short
>>
>>383861375
They have two games in production and one in pre-production, I assume the last is gotg. or maybe's it's tomb raider and gotg is already being made.
>>
>>383861410
i think they really fucked up with the climax
it didn't felt like the last level
>>
>>383861384
I honestly don't think Denuvo hurts anything nearly as much as /v/ thinks it does. The average consumer doesn't give a fuck about it
>>
>play the first level
>designed for point and shoot assault
>told the later levels are better
>saw a few things but nothing interesting

Sad because it felt like it had potential
>>
>>383860397
Except Mass Effect 1 tidied up every single plothook except the vague "reapers are coming". Thats why it was satisfying. The game works perfectly well on its own.
>>
>>383861384
no, micro-transactions weren't the reason and I wasn't trying to imply that they were. What I'm saying is that asking a dev to do that so late is evidence of extreme incompetence on square's part. Given that, the other rumors about square's meddling start to sound more credible.
>>
>>383861183
I never said Sterling started the rumor of the cancellation, he started the rumor that MD was meant to be longer and include the next two games but was cut short. He's the only person who has said that, never disclosed any sources and never got any facts to back it up. The Eurogamer article obviously made reference to his rumor, since it's prefaced with "Eurogamer has heard" before saying that an hypotetical second game would have been part of the first one before these supposed cuts, they would have cited a source even vaguely if it were anything more than a rumor, lingo like that is meant to cover your ass if it turns out to be false
>>383861265
I don't give a shit about how the game feels, all I have been saying is that this entire discussion is based on a rumor that was started by Jim fucking Sterling who is a retarded fat fuck who dresses like a vampire the masquerade roleplayer, as if he were some kind of authority on the matter and worth listening to. There's no proof of this ever happening anywhere outside of his baseless claims, and saying "the game FEELS like X" or "the fact that there is no proof is proof of a coverup" doesen't really cut it, I don't trust the guy and so I would take any of his claims with a grain of salt. After all he did say that a new deus ex is still being developed, which turned out to be false, so I don't even know why the fuck he is so important now all of a sudden
>>
>>383855754
>>383855682
>>383855429

>Spot the Reddit cancer
>>
File: 1490201562288.png (534KB, 792x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1490201562288.png
534KB, 792x1150px
>>383861065
Most of the complains about Mankind Divided were about jewish practices. Hardly enough people even played the game to actually complain about the game itself. The general reaction to the game was "it was ok, but the story sucked".
>>
>>383861691
So does MD. The only thing you don't really know is what happens to clone Jensen, but he most likely gets deactivated anyway.
>>
>>383861494
tomb raider isn't made in montreal, they're done in califronia.
>>
>>383861691
So go to ME2 then. The Reapers are a bigger deal in ME2 than the illuminati in MD, but no one really cared that the game's plot was basically just setting up for the next game.
>>
>>383861512
I know I'm just one person but I played through the new prey twice in one week really considered buying it and never did because of denuvo.
>>
>>383855429
I always thought of the Aug stuff as trying to parallel to rl social justice
>>
File: eurotrucksimulator2.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
eurotrucksimulator2.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>383861231
nah
>>
>>383861231
>t. nu-male cuck
Go back to /reddit/ dude
>>
>>383861832
>So does MD
Wrong. At least for me it didn't feel like it had a satisfying ending. Even the credits feel rushed, with that awkward cut between the secret cutscene and back, playing those 2 songs over and over until it drops you to the main menu. It just doesn't feel right
>>
>>383861947
>try to make a fantasy world with discrimination that doesn't really correspond to real life much
>both sides hate you for it
>>
>>383861947
the "aug stuff" is literally cyberpunk 101
parts of society being segregated and discriminated against
I bet /v/ will go absolutely apeshit once CDPR releases footage of Cyberpunk 2077 and they see poor niggers being the target of discrimination and the player character having to help them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysWXsuGPHQ
>>
>>383861812
My biggest problem was the level design seemed terrible.

>Hey guys no longer have to kill all the people or anyone this time
>only 1 side path that's an obvious "you should go this one specific route to do it"

Just felt more like it was an afterthought than being able to have the freedom like before
>>
>>383861947
cyberpunk as a genre is inherently left-leaning, it is a exploration of the dangers of runaway capitalism. All types of inequality are explored. This is basic stuff, I love how conservative reactionaries are suddenly up in arms about things that have been baseline for decades.
>>
>>383862224
>not making your own paths with icarus dashing
NG+ was a lot more fun since I could have it at the start. There's a lot of places where you can pretty much sequence break with it.
>>
>>383861769
"Eurogamer has heard" in context is obviously implied to have been heard from whatever their source of the main claim of the article is. The information they got is true, they probably weren't playing rumor pick and mix.
>>
>>383861512
The average consumer also doesn't go on forums to talk about and generate discussion about a game. Enthusiasts do, and when enthusiasts either dont generate discussions (or spam poor reviews as with Dishonored 2 performance problems), it definitely hurts sales.
Pirates and responsible customers who dislike Denuvo or being an online DRM system are a very small minority, but they are a moderately big group in the enthusiast base which generates online discussion about a game.

Me and a couple friends refuse to buy Denuvo games, and while we might be a trivially small minority with others similar minded, we are also the exact people who go on forums and shit to talk about the game.

Denuvo just reduces sales. Pirates wont purchase the game just because they cant pirate it. They'll either wait or just play something else.
>>
File: 1494893473227.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494893473227.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>383855429
>Except >sjw shit
This.

Most of the themes were clapistani social studies tier segregation with a matching childish delivery. It didn't say anything profound or do anything special with these themes; it just rubbed the player's face in them constantly.
>>
>>383861834
leaks have shown that EM are involved in the next tomb raider m8
>>
>>383862453
You're probably being too optimistic about game journos honestly, they barely do any research on any given subject other than a google search and that started long before all the gg bullshit and never went away
>>
>>383857469
Life is Strange is literally better than both of this. And no, I'm not a waifu faggot.
>>
>>383861903
Are you underaged? ME2 had a ton of criticism leveled against it for being utterly worthless in the grand story department. The game started and ended in the same place. Nothing happened throughout the game.
>>
File: 1459209042705.jpg (68KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
1459209042705.jpg
68KB, 600x563px
>>383862350
>People literally pay a fortune to become smarter, faster, stronger though augmentation giving them a massive advantage over plebs
>Somehow this setting isnt going to bring up the tentions within severely unequal societies because doing so would be SJW cuck shit

Fucking cuckservatives.
>>
>>383862086
The game will definitely have that but I'm sure the player will also have the option to fuck them over.

Assuming the game ever stops being vaporware.
>>
>>383862610
most of the deus ex team are probably on guardians of the galaxy since they have expertise working on sci-fi properties, but I'm actually really sorry to hear that the studio is working on tomb raider, I hope you're wrong.
>>
>>383861832
Well, maybe the game just felt rushed then, because the ending just comes out of nowhere and leaves a shit taste in your mouth
>>
>>383862537
It's kind of a problem with it being part of the setting. We can't exactly have a sidequest where Jensen convinces everyone that augs are actually okay.

The other issue is the genuine SJW shit. Getting more profound would get even more complaints about how it's trivializing the real world's inequality.

>>383862738
No one called it "half a game".
>>
>>383862350
Lol yeah it's just like how you can read history books to see the byproduct of socialism gone too far.
>>
>>383862830
>I hope you're wrong.
We won't know until they announce what the projects are. We only have rumors now.
>>
>>383862672
it's more that I don't see a reason for them to pick up on jim sterling's shit if they obviously have somebody else telling them things
>>
>>383862785
except this is a prequel where the augments are working arms and legs for handicapped disabled people
>>
>>383862086
I think CDPR is a bit more sophisticated than eidos montreal, and based on what they've said as well as their previous games, I'm expecting a lot of leeway in how you play. Think the original Deus Ex, but you can join the corporates, police or be an outright villain. I'm already anticipating roleplaying various types of characters in different playthroughs. I know I'm probably expecting too much but if anyone can do it, it's CDPR.
>>
File: Screenshot_43.png (642KB, 780x577px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_43.png
642KB, 780x577px
>blaming publishers for dev failure
>>
>>383862957
>no one called it "half a game"
Did I say so? What the fuck anon. You're the only one trying to draw parallels between it and MD.
Merely pointing out the fact that saying "nobody complained about ME2 story going nowhere" is objectively false, you underaged dipshit.
ME2 (while being a pretty mediocre game) ties up the storythreads it builds for the most part, and most importantly it ends with an absolutely stellar final mission that leaves people feeling good, the suicide mission is great, even with the human reaper garbage and other stuff. MD finale meanwhile is like a drawn out fart.
>>
>>383863024
Obviously both sides can go too far, and often do. I'm not seeing what your point is.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 320x213px
I am glad it failed and this franschise is dead.

The words Deus ex literally trigger me together with "kleptocracy"

Once I was having this discussion where it got to insulting and he kept saying "guts has deus ex moments" and I was saying deus ex was a shitty game franchise and stuff not knowing it actually meant something

Hope all the creators kill themself or Japan gets another 1000 nukes from Putin and Trump
>>
>>383863305
You're hyping yourself up way too much.

>>383863408
You seem angry. Did something bad happen at school today, anon?
>>
>>383863161
I was just talking about cyberpunk settings in general, not DX:MD in particular.
>>
>>383863381
>Blaming devs for a Publisher failure
>A Publisher known to be the kikest of kikes.
>>
File: 1493581944261.png (148KB, 645x772px) Image search: [Google]
1493581944261.png
148KB, 645x772px
I really just want a clear answer on who is responsible for the hot garbage that is Breach Mode. It clearly soaked up massive development time and took away from the main campaign.
>>
>>383863381
>dev makes game, it has problems but it's decent
>publisher markets it badly and uses shitty practices which undermines the product
>publisher cancels franchise after sabotaging it
>let's blame the devs
???
>>
Daily reminder that the Japs constantly lobby the government of the US against any kind of tarrifs or restrictions on them buying up western companies but lobby their own government for the reverse to be illegal. The nips are the Jews of the asian world.
>>
>>383863665
I don't even get why they didn't make it its own thing from the start. It needed a little bit of work to be fun, but I'd rather have had another sidequest or something.
>>
>>383863708
yes that's usually how running a country works anon
you want to fuck others as much as possible and protect yourself as much as you can
>>
>>383863665
All SE games have a certain microtransaction component. Look at everything they've published and they'll push some bullshit microstransactions tied to it.

Even Bravely Default allowed you to buy the fucking stop time potions.
>>
DXMD had the best side quests.
>>
>>383854030
just play the original game and pretend MD doesn't exist
>>
>>383863867
honestly after one moderately successful game in a decade is not the right time to go full kike
>>
>>383863619
>muh systemic problems are the reason for all personal failure
>>383863669
>undermines the product
>is literally just a unfinished game made by incompetent devs
what shitty practices? some shitty bonus helix points that nobody bought?

that going to suddenly make the game more complete?
>>
>>383863925
It's hard to think of even HR existing in the same universe as the first game anyway. Without the call forwards the prequels would feel totally unrelated.
>>
>>383863475
>get btfo
>resort to ad hominem
Like pottery
>>
>>383863665
square enix europe wanted something to encourage long term playtime. Every publisher is heading towards "games as a service" this means they want gamers coming back to their games over and over and spending a long time immersed in their worlds, thus creating more hype, more sales and more micro-transactions. Square's idea for how to do this was a minigame, an obviously ill-conceived idea that runs contrary to the nature of deus ex as an
immersive rpg experience. Do you really think the developers themselves wanted to do this?
>>
>>383863843
What, companies don't exist to make things for me? Next you'll tell me capitalism isn't based on increasing my happiness.

>>383864091
>just saying "u underage" is BTFO
>>
>>383855754
Kill yourself, you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1497055524730.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497055524730.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>383863867
Having a little bit of microtransactions isn't the worst, but BM is an abomination. You can only get so far on your own skill without getting brickwalled on bosses that require magical ammo, time trials that require both speed and hax, or some other obnoxious bullshit where you either gr1n8d f0rever or put your money down.

I honestly enjoyed the writing in breach and it honestly felt more polished than a good deal of what was on display in the main campaign. Shame I never got to play the rest of it.
>>
>>383864019
The game is relatively complete faggot, it just has a shitty narrative.
>>
>>383864091
Seriously, if someone was mean to you, we can talk about it. You shouldn't just lash out at everyone else.
>>
File: 1470683794252.jpg (104KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1470683794252.jpg
104KB, 500x403px
>Deus Ex is ded
>MGS is ded

Thanks Japan
>>
>>383855754
Kill yourself
>>
>>383864154
This is why it needed to be its own thing. Why did I pay for a game that has a mode that you need to pay to enjoy?
>>
>>383864019
see second link >>383857726
>>
>>383864186
>literally everyone says its unfinished halfassed game thats maybe 1/3rd of an actual game
>ha ha ! you faggot!!! its a narrative!!1
>>
>>383863161
That's patently false though, there was even a sidequest in HR where a businesswoman was pressured into getting pheromone-sensing social augs so she could compete with other firms.

It's a prequel but they kind of pulled a Kojima and retconned the tech to be more advanced than it was in the originals.
>>
File: Alex.jpg (36KB, 483x570px) Image search: [Google]
Alex.jpg
36KB, 483x570px
Why did they put pic related at the start of the game. Surely everyone goes "fuck this" and uses the steam refund system immediately.
>>
>>383864337
Did you actually play the game? It's pretty much content complete, people just say it's a third of a game because of the pacing of the story where it feels like it ends on the second act+Jim Sterling's faggot rumors.
>>
>>383861950
How can anybody consider these vermin humans?
>>
>any kind of social commentary is now magically SJW shit
>especially in a genre whose literal entire premise is class inequality and corporations trampling human rights

I want /pol/ to leave
>>
>>383858097
Fucking Breach. I honestly would have played it more if it at least had the main game's aesthetics or something. Breach looks like fucking ass on top of being a chore to play with a million dialogue-based 'cutscenes' to sift through here and there.
>>
File: 1407680817744.png (571KB, 1920x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1407680817744.png
571KB, 1920x1109px
>tfw DEMD was my GOTY 2016
>>
>>383864318
>muh anonymous sources
>listen and believe
>400 lb sociopath wearing a shower drapes
>>
>>383864203
>if someone was mean to you, we can talk about it
Well we are talking about MD, right? The game was a pretty big disappointment, so I suppose you could call it "being mean". That's why we are talking about it right now, aren't we?
>>
>>383861796
>spot the edgy /pol/ tard
>>
>>383864558
>DEMD
What game is that?
>>
>>383864382
It shouldn't bother you, mostly she's just Jensen's link to a resistance group.

If you're getting mad about her presentation you're looking for things to be mad about.
>>
>>383864461
No one who calls it less than 80% of a game played it.

>>383864498
I don't mind the art, but the chat is annoying. I can read way faster than it scrolls. The actual spoken dialogue in-game was skippable nicely, why not breach?
>>
>>383864461
>its pretty much content complete
literally everyone on the planet disagrees with you, you're wrong, shut the fuck up and stop perpetuating a narrative that apologizes for dev failure. it was a failed game
>>
>>383864497
they literally do have "aug lives matter" written somewhere tbf
>>
Who was that crazy redhead who followed Jensen around everywhere, even being present in the background of cutscenes?

Did people ever find out?
>>
>>383864558
>"I only played a single game in 2016" the post
Good for you lad. Vidya are poisonous, you should stick with anime
>>
File: latest[1].png (472KB, 461x608px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
472KB, 461x608px
>>383864658
>literally everyone on the planet disagrees
>thread is full of people who agree
Posting from the space station. Shitposting in zero-g.
>>
>>383862350
Yeah no wonder DX1 was so left wing
>>
>>383864347
Nope in deus ex JCs Augs are way better
>>
>>383864769
>2 samefags getting shat on by the entire thread hating MD
>>THE ENTIRE THREAD AGREES MD IS PERFECTLY FINE
Psychosis much?
>>
File: Deus Ex__Breach Mode.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Deus Ex__Breach Mode.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
>don't get lucky enough for an S Rank weapon
>becomes literally impossible by the time the enemy upgrades get high
>>
>>383864558
I agree
Fuck these faggots
You have to go back to /a/ though
>>
>>383864769
>thread full of people who agree
literally no one is agreeing
you are all using publisher to blame for dev failure
then pretending the dev never failed

you're so up your own ass in a narrative you can't make coherent logical sense, its either one or the other, not both. you stupid libtard, you can't have your cake and eat it too, you have to acknowledge the faults in order to assign blame.
>>
>>383864649
I tend to not monetarily support games that prominently feature niggers.
>>
>>383864673
Paralleling contemporary events is extremely common in literature, m8. If you actually played the game you'd know most of the protesters aren't exactly portrayed in the best light, either.

Do you really think if the original Deus Ex had been released a year later it wouldn't be full of commentary on the Iraq War?
>>
>>383864658
It doesn't matter if they disagree with me, because I'm right and they're wrong. The game has a comparatively equal amount of content to Human Revolution. It has a story with a beginning, middle and end. There's literally no justification for saying it's only a third of a game.
>>
>>383861796
>Everything I disagree with is reddit
Nice reddit spacing by the way, fuckboy
>>
>>383864347
The old deus ex had shit like nano augs plus JC had more insane shit than Adam
>>
>>383864931
>literally no one is agreeing
You need to say it a third time for it to magically become true.
>>
>>383854030
The companies pushing the more progressive shit are also the companies fucking their customers the hardest.

Pretty weird.
>>
>we'll never see our daughteru grow up
>>
>>383865105
the entire fucking thread you are claiming the game failed
youre a moron
>>
>>383864461
>It's pretty much content complete
Agreed, it really technically is a content complete game. My first playthrough even lasted like 30-40 hours without too much exploration going on. But the pacing was fucked and the plot was like a whoopee cushion that just sputtered towards the end. It just doesn't go anywhere at all.
>>
>>383865107
I guess SE thought that Denuvo meant they didnt have to give any shits about consumer goodwill and went ham with marketing blunders and monetazing schemes.
>>
>>383864658
metacritic reviews are positive good, user scores are good on console, slightly low on PC due to performance issues. people here and series fans generally have the same comments: good game let down by the story. It's at least an open question, and likely the result of square's meddling - disastrous marketing and plans for more frequent releases within the "deus ex universe" including a fucking phone game, breach, and other assorted garbage. You're not making a good case here.
>>
>>383865174
No, you need to say "literally no one is agreeing" a third time. You can't say something else if you want to avoid reality.
>>
>>383864983
You know what else has a beginning and an end? A big turd.
Does this spell it out to you why people despise it? I agree that MD is technically a complete game, but the game is severely unsatisfying and the ending is a complete afterthought that is completely rushed.
All the info we have points to the game being originally much larger in scope, and the game still has hints to it in it. This is why people, completely justifiably, feel after the end that the game is missing the final chapter.
>>
>>383865174
The game objectively did fail anon. Deus Ex as a series has been shelved for selling so poorly.
>>
>>383865332
... and it's square's fault we won't get one, not eidos's. anyone who says otherwise has a hateboner for jim.
>>
>>383862718
Meh, 3/10
>>
>>383863665
Ask and you shall receive
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-02-our-player-base-was-absolutely-not-ready-for-this
>>
>>383865298
youre literally retarded, i cant cure stupid
read the fucking OP
then pretend its a success
>>
File: 713BVaLhPzL._SL1500_.jpg (138KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
713BVaLhPzL._SL1500_.jpg
138KB, 1500x1500px
>Are there any mods for his game like FAR for NieR that allow this to run on mid tier PCs?
I want to have it on High, not ultra but I can't walk the streets without unbearable lag
>>
>>383865587
Read the rest of the thread, then say everyone is unanimous.
>>
>>383865628
make sure msaa is off, even a 1080ti can't run with it on.
>>
>>383865628
You could always wait a couple years and buy brand new pc to play all those games you couldnt play at max settings 60fps in 2017.
Chances are you dont care about games at that point tho.
>>
>>383865332
The game has a set up for a future game, and I agree its obvious Eidos originally wanted to make a story with a wider scope. But the product is not particularly unfinished. The game's ending isn't even "rushed", it's just disappointing as fuck. Compared to Human Revolution the last level is actually well-designed (vs zombie mission) and the post-credits scene has full motion capture not just a voice-over.
>>
So what part of Mankind Diviced failing has anything to do with the game itself? It's was a very solid game. Some of The reasons people complain is because of LACK of content. Surely lacking content isn't wholey in the developing team. I don't know why everyone in this thread is taking this as a black and white, clear cut issue.

I genuinely want a discussion on this and not some shouting contest about Devs vs Publishers. We're better than this. This isn't bloody Reddit.
>>
>>383865514
I want to introduce you to a neat concept here anon.
Its not black and white. Its not either square or eidos.
Its both.
Both of them made massive mistakes that when combined explain why the game failed so terribly.

You're just squeezing your fingers in your ears and yelling "BLAHBLAHBLAH ONLY SQUARE MARKETING IS TO BLAME THE GAME IS PERFECTLY FINE", while an ample amount of evidence has been levelled before you proving without a shadow of a doubt that the game being garbage and unsatisfying in story department was a big part why it failed. The story being shit created a ton of negative discussion, that's a fairly large reason why the sales are poor.
>>
>>383865917
>We're better than this.
Is this thread full of falseflaggers because canadians havent gone to bed yet or something?
>>
>dont adhere to any ideology because im beyond spooks
>mankind divided was a better experience than hr

the train load scenes were annoying tho. it was charming when you started walking the tunnels though
>>
>>383865917
>This isn't bloody Reddit.
it isn't?
>>
>>383865917
see >>383856550
you can't make a sequel that's worse without getting massively shit on
>>
>>383865632
I see two samefags spamming how the game is perfect and everyone else is wrong.
What are you seeing anon?
>>
>>383865917
another issue is the commercial unviability and/or apparent unmarketability of immersive sims. It's not looking good after Prey was also a commerical failure, despite being a high quality product. A counterpoint would be that Human Revolution and Dishonored managed to be successful enough to warrant sequels. What was different with these games?
>>
>>383865917
>/v/ isn't reddit
they're both virtual dick measuring contests where people try to "win" by posting the shortest, "wittiest" comments they can think of (i.e. the same thing every time) in order to get upvotes/(you)s
there's literally no difference between reddit and /v/
>>
>>383866112
You can if you call it HR's expansion pack which is what MD is.
>>
>>383865917
The decision to try to split up the story arc over multiple games instead of simply reducing the narrative to one game was a bad call. When the game ends people feel like the story is just getting started which gives them the impression the game is really short. The game actually has a decent amount of content, but the narrative gives all the wrong impressions.
>>
>>383865859
I think we just needed a little more to make us care about Marchenko as the big bad. Maybe as a miniboss at GARM where he injects you with Orchid when you "beat" him. We see him like twice, and I think you can skip one of them.

>>383866050
Load scenes really sucked, but at least I could alt-tab.

>>383866140
>two
>samefags
>>
MD failed because of shitty PR, anti-consumer DLC, DRM and an inconclusive conclusion. The themes in this game were half-heartedly executed because the writers wanted to project their own experiences of racism. Yet you play as a special agent who barely gets discriminated against because of his authority. The villain was a lame out of place Russian who was villain of the week-tier and there wasn't much of a story developing.

The worst thing out of all of this is that the developers clearly care about the franchise. The gameplay is where this game shined so just about all of those flaws mentioned above can be forgiven because of the great level design. I fear by the time the IP gets picked up again, Square-Enix will hire another developer to make it and we end up with another Thi4f scenario. Even worse is if they take a different direction with the series and reboot it again, remake the original or just retcon Eidos Montreal's games but continue their Deus Ex Universe.
>>
>>383865974
Not really, I acknowledge that the performance problems are because of the developers. All evidence points to square having a hand in reduced story scope however, and that was the main complaint leveled that the game - the story feels hollow and unsatisfying. They also had the brilliance to order eidos to add microtransactions to the main story segment two weeks before release. Obscene mismanagement. You're saying that everything is equal, it's not, one party is often more to blame for something than another, even if it's hard to sort out.
>>
>>383854030
>Deus Ex of all series didn't deserve this fate

It got 3 shit sequels and now maybe it will finally be allowed to rest in peace. That's a better fate than Squeenix continuing to drag it through the mud.
>>
>>383866190
>It's not looking good after Prey was also a commerical failure
It's such a pity too. Prey had so much stacked against it that I'm not surprised it didn't sell well. People who wanted Prey 2 were outraged and didn't stop making that known. People who played D2 previously or even heard of the performance issues were guarded. PC didn't get a demo and the PS4 demo had shitty input lag issues for some fucking reason. The trailers for the game didn't do a good job of showcasing how the average gameplay is either. The whole thing was such a shitshow but the game itself is one solid product. Maybe it'll sell more once the price goes down.
>>
>>383866563
>it will finally be allowed to rest in peace.
I bet dozens of developers would love to get their hands on the IP and make their own version of it.
>>
>>383866383
I'm going to hope we can avoid that fate somehow since I don't see how we, the consumer can prevent a senario like that unless there's a loud, coordinated effort behind the fans and these developers who I felt put their heart and soul into both Human Revolution and Mankind divided.
>>
>>383865917
The level design is poor. Every fucking encounter is designed with a "every build has to be equally equipped for this" mindset. This ironically creates a shallow experience, since every encounter accomodates for a braindead retard with no skills so there's a vent you can just walk through to completely pass by all the opposition.
The game is too liberal in its approaches in that sense, it never tries to challenge the player to find a clever way of achieving his objectives. It doesnt place an encounter that forces the player to utilize skills to pass.
Its disappointingly cookie cutter. You can always just look nearby and find a vent to crawl through with no difficulty or skill involved. Then because "everything has to be rewarded" the optimal way is to still crawl through all the vents and knock out all the guards. The game is too bloody easy.
HR had the same issues btw, MD just doubled on that aspect
>>
>>383866207
ya just like an expansion pack except full price, if only failure were so easy to dismiss, what year do you think this is
>>
>>383866221
I think there was a bit of "damned if they do, damned if they don't" with the ending and DLCs. If they added a follow-up chapter DLC, then it would be spun as "they cut off the ending to sell it to us later". That they didn't left us feeling that the ending is underwhelming and the narrative is unfinished.
>>
>>383866207
Man, I miss when they made 30 hour expansion packs with an additional 6 hours of expansion pack expansions.
>>
File: fw001.jpg (283KB, 1800x1196px) Image search: [Google]
fw001.jpg
283KB, 1800x1196px
>muh SJWs
I've only played a bit of the game but I don't like them either but the augs were always marginalised in other games so how is this any different from how they are treated normally

I'm sure it pokes fun at SJWs a couple times too from screens I've seen. I consider myself a bitter and hateful person but if you honestly can't enjoy this game because of a central theme like racism; you honestly need to re evaluate yourself and your life
>>
>>383866325
>I think we just needed a little more to make us care about Marchenko as the big bad. Maybe as a miniboss at GARM where he injects you with Orchid when you "beat" him. We see him like twice, and I think you can skip one of them.
Yeah Marchenko was way too much of a generic lackey to be the main antagonist of a whole game. You only seem him twice and he feels like he's just going to be a mini-boss. At least in HR you got to fight the evil Illuminati business chink, in a way.
>>
>>383866507
>you're saying everything is equal
Where? I'm saying that Eidos isnt a fucking saint here who tried to make the perfect game but the evil publisher kept them down.
Eidos made a mediocre game that was brought even lower by shit consumer practices by Squeenix
>>
>>383866961
How many times are you going to make the same post?
>>
>>383854030
Publisher =/= Developer
>>
>>383866961
I'd call it pro-"social justice", but not SJW-y. It's a morally gray issue that's perfect for the series, even if it needed a little more to it. Unlike real life, most augs really are a huge threat, but treating them like that feels wrong.
>>
>>383854030
This is the conundrum with shitty publishers having control of a franchise you like. Either you eat their shit, or they decide to execute something you love because you refuse to support their practices. If you support those shitty practices, then what reason do they have to change them?
>>
>>383867054
[Citation Needed]
Blame Eidos for agreeing to it
>>
>>383867086
Highlight the posts you think I'm samefagging, fag and I'll prove you wrong

>>383867156
>I'd call it pro-"social justice"
That seems fair
>>
>>383867151
They both make shit decisions. The failed because of their combined effort.
The nignogs and "black liv-- I mean aug lives matter" was implemented by the dev, not publisher.
The publisher made really bad decisions when it came to marketing.
>>
If you play all the side missions in mankind divided, read all the stuff. How many hours am I looking at? 20? 30?
>>
It's another
>Make baseless claims in an attempt to not make it seem like dev incompetence
Thread
>>
>>383864203
Why do people still act like this in arguments? I've always found it pretty cringey. Hell I'm agreeing with you and I don't want to agree with you because of this retarded post. I never understood it.
>>
>>383867221
don't buy garbage and hope the franchise ends up with someone who deserves it
>>
>>383867306
reddit mentality of fishing for upvotes by trying to sound cool and badass
>>
>>383865632
I am reading it and I'm not seeing where you're getting your confidence from.
>>
>>383867054
I think it would be as almost as well regarded as HR if it had a faster paced story - giving more motivation to the player and making the experience feel more meaningful, and tied up nicely with a satisfying conclusion, even as it builds up for the next game. Square probably prevented that from happening by forcing their deus ex universe multiple releases bullshit, and then canceled the series when the word about the game was that the story sucked and it failed to sell. I have to blame the publisher more in this case, but eidos can get 30% of the blame for bad performance with their engine.
>>
>>383867415
Read it again? There's multiple people on each side. It's almost like it's something people disagree on.
>>
File: mineycrafta.jpg (71KB, 852x477px) Image search: [Google]
mineycrafta.jpg
71KB, 852x477px
>>383854030
Eidos Montreal makes Deus Ex, Square Enix only publishes it.

Take your gripes up with Canada for producing such gross cuckbags who can't go five minutes without writing something about social justice or properly prepping their bull.
>>
File: 1499303688588.png (2MB, 1440x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1499303688588.png
2MB, 1440x1050px
>>383856280
>The publisher isn't in charge of the product they're paying for
Proof that most of /v/ is just uninformed children, since adults aren't this stupid.
>>
>>383866961
The augs were marginalised in a vastly different manner with a vastly different tone. The thing is, augs should be a class divide not a race divide. That's the problem I had with the atmosphere of Mankind Divided. It's clearly going for the latter, and that's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>383866867
I didn't have this issue in HR nearly as much as I did in MD, but yeah, it was an issue in MD, and I played MD basically the same way as I did HR. Except I Tesla + Punched the boss instead of Typhooning him.
>>
>>383867471
Really? Because so far the most I've read is "I think the game has X good quality, but it's still not very good"
>>
>>383864203
grow up dude, you sound like a faggot with this "cool kid" bullshit
>>
>>383867461
>Square probably prevented that from happening by forcing their deus ex universe multiple releases bullshit

Forcing breach mode onto the developers no doubt dragged out the development of the game.
>>
>>383867496
thank you for that earth shattering insight into the world of game development, tell us more.
>>
>>383867690
Yeah you retards need it cause Eidos are the one who failed at every level to make a good game, not SE's fault
>>
>>383867759
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>383867672
Look, it doesn't matter what the other kids say about you, you're still our special little guy.
>>
>>383867565
That whole divide was a waste of time to be frank. Just pointless cutscenes that don't affect you because you can just kill the person oppressing you and carry on.
>>
>>383867759
The publisher funds the game, therefore they have the power to tell the developer what to do, and order changes to the game as they see fit. It's been detailed in the thread.
>>
>>383867690
>tell us more
Canada is solely responsible for ruining a vast number of franchises simply because of Montreal.

It should be illegal to make games in Montreal.
>>
>>383867461
I agree squeenix gets a bigger share of the blame, but for me MD was disappointing also in aspects that were solely by Eidos.
The level design I previously shortly explained in >>383866867
The gameplay was also a mess with them trying to stuff in so many augs that most of them felt worthless.
The enemies were uninteresting.
And the story has been criticized heavily elsewhere.

These arent dealbreakers, but I'm just saying that for me the game had issues that arent JUST the story or JUST the consumer practices.
The game was flawed in several ways, and the publisher shenanigans just quadrupled it.
>>
>>383867565
It's a little of both. Rich augs aren't feeling the issues. Look at Sarif still parading around in gold augs. The middle/lower class augs were already suffering pre-incident and will suffer more.
>>
>>383866867
>>383867620
I liked that they designed levels with the intention of letting a player with no augs being able to progress through them. It felt like they weren't guiding you to play a certain build like with HR and stealth did. Another thing is they gave more options for combat in this game whereas with HR you barely got enough ammo to play that style.
>>
Mankind Divided may have flaws, but name a more immersive hacking minigame
>>
>>383868021
I actually agree with everything you just said, but the things you mentioned probably didn't cause the demise of the series. If we can point to one big thing would have changed its fate, I think it's the story, or more cynically, it could be that immersive sims just aren't popular enough to justify production costs anymore, and that it would have failed regardless.
>>
>wasted development time with multiplayer bullshit
>ridiculous cash shop and single use pre-order crap generated controversy
>unsatisfying story that goes absolutely nowhere and asks more questions than it answers. HR started with investigating a break in/factory takeover and ended with uncovering a vast conspiracy. MD started with investigating a bomb in a train station and ended with investigating a bomb in a train station
>prague was a well-done area, but only one city isn't exactly enthralling no matter how well designed it is
>themes were weak; HR actually did this better with bits like the prostitutes and workers being forced to get augments and then getting addicted to a drug they couldn't afford. was more compelling and engaging than the apartheid narrative in MD
>little to no innovation in gameplay; adam loses his augments for some contrived bullshit reason and they give you a bunch of hideously overpowered new skills to try and disguise the fact that you're basically playing an expansion pack
>characters were thin with only a handful of exceptions. a lack of connection to the world makes the consequences of your actions mostly irrelevant: i.e. when the bookshop guy gets killed by the gangsters
>weak villain
>>
>>383866221
They also fucked up the last mission of the game hard. One of the most memorable things about HR was that the final mission at Panchea was how much it wrapped up the dangling plot threads of the game and how it constantly SHOWED you the damage caused by driving the Augs crazy like they did. You walk through corpse-filled hallways in what is clearly the aftermath of something brutal, and it builds tension before unleashing the crazed augs on you. The game doesn't have to tell you how high the stakes are, it SHOWS you.

Stopping Marchenko's plot in London in MD feels like the sort of mid-game mission you'd get in HR, not a final plot. It's packed, cramped, and all of the major stakes are simply told to you, not shown. The building is dark and you can't see the nameless hostages Marchenko is threatening with his bombs, and the ability to take a third option and save everyone negates any gravitas to the mission. HR's very first mission has higher stakes and better planning than MD's final one.

It's very obvious that the last moments were incredibly poorly planned at a minimum.
>>
>>383868250
I actually loved this one, because you do it on the fly, in between checking to see if you're clear from patrols, and it still manages to be engaging and fun.
>>
>>383868298
Panchaea is generally considered a fucking terrible level, you're the first person I've read praise it.
>>
>>383869080
From a story standpoint it's good, but the gameplay is awful.

>>383868298
>and all of the major stakes are simply told to you, not shown
Maybe he should've set off some bombs as a warning or something.
>>
>>383869080
I agree it wasn't great. I think it's the pace of story development in the game as a whole, as well as the compelling themes that make HR a better narrative experience than MD. The ending was lukewarm in HR and straight up unsatisfying in MD, but that's only part of the picture.
>>
>>383861950
what's the story on this
>>
>>383868128
No augs should be an almost impossible task. It should be an option only for a player who knows the game inside out and can abuse every single mechanic to get through.
In MD you can go no augs your very first time and the conveniently placed vents make it easy
>>
>>383868298
>>383869212
I guess Panchaea works from a story standpoint even if the level sucks. The stakes in London were meant to have been shown throughout the game, particularly Golem city. The stakes are different so they couldn't exactly have a zombie level or anything, just Jensen trying to stop a terrorist. It just falls back to how lame the scope of the story in MD was.

As an aside I would have set Mankind Divided in the 2030s during the flu pandemic and the near failure of the US. It would've been a way better backdrop than mechanical apartheid in Prague.
>>
ITT:
>WAAAH WAAAH WHY DID THE SECOND GAME IN A TRILOGY NOT SOLVE EVERY SINGLE PLOT POINT AND IN FACT SET UP A CONCLUSION WAAAAH THEY ARE HACKS HACKS
I bet you also think the empire strikes back is shit
>>
>>383869080
I'm not saying the level design for Panchaea is good or memorable, but the atmosphere of it was great and the story elements which made it up were fantastic. Between that and the visual design of the place, it's pretty damned memorable.

I honestly had to fucking look up the last portion of MD in order to bitch about it. I totally forgot the exact details of it, and I played HR two years BEFORE MD.

Like I said, the story portion of the mission which caps HR is so effective because you know right from the beginning that it's about unfucking something apocalyptic, but seeing what happened there and knowing that it's happening worldwide sets a huge amount of weight to it.

Compare that to MD's final mission, where you can badass your way through the mission and save EVERYONE and nothing gets fucked up. You're not choosing to side with one side over another, you're not choosing who lives or dies, and you're not unfucking something that is beyond fucked. You can swoop in and save the day, no questions asked.

You're not even tying up plot points: Rabi'ah? The Illuminati? Hope they're in the sequel, because they might just swap out the entire cast of supporting characters again for shits and giggles!
>>
>>383869828
it would've been well and good if not for the series getting shelved while the plot threads were still dangling
>>
>>383869624
"refugees" near Calais trying to raid trucks
>>
>>383861950
cojelo cojelo
>>
>>383869828
Anon, that doesn't make sense. The "second game" in a trilogy, in and of itself, was never supposed to exist. It was the same complaint Invisible War had when it came out. It's a needless continuation. And now that needless continuation is going from "closure with a greater threat" to "no closure and just a greater threat"
>>
>>383869212
>>383869683
Yeah, that would have been sweet. Or at least have Marchenko go THROUGH with his god-damned threat. I actually saved the delegates first. Marchenko knew it, and I still get a ten minute window to go after him?

Plus, he's fucking weaksauce as a final boss encounter. One EMP to take down his augs and one Non-Lethal Takedown to complete my Pacifist run. I'm not saying I wanted the terrible HR boss fights back, but fucks sakes at least make him hard to sneak up on if I'm not going to kill him.

>>383869828
The problem isn't that it's the middle of the story, the problem is that it barely has any weight to the threads it does tie up and some of the location choices sucked balls.

London was terrible as a level. It's dark outside the building so you can barely see anything, and so it just feels like a bland, boring level. HR was careful to set some of the biggest missions during the day, so that when you looked out the windows at Tai Yung Medical or Panchaea you could see the scope of everything.
>>
File: 1463323504955.png (812KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463323504955.png
812KB, 600x600px
>>383864997
>>
>>383858027
It was also sold for less but it still made more money in the long run than those other games.
>>
>>383870380
no game ever made needed to exist
>>383870673
>it's bad because I can't see outside the windows in a specific level
lmao /v/eddit will make up whatever excuse to hate on a game at this point
just admit you hate everything because it makes you feel smart
>>
>>383855840
idk I kind of liked it. I am a big fan of True Crime so that might be why
>>
>>383871287
No, I hate MD because it was a weak follow up to a great game with a shitty final mission with no sense of urgency or threat.

It dribbles out with no satisfying payoff like the world's worst ejaculation.
>>
>>383854030
>>sjw themes everywhere
Its about how a minority is disrupting all of society. I thought /pol/tards would like that.
>>
>>383871287
That is a retarded argument.
>>
>>383871771
Yeah but you're supposed to be on the minorities side. Why would you think /pol/ likes that?
>>
File: 20170713004802_1.jpg (104KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20170713004802_1.jpg
104KB, 1680x1050px
Are you a bad enough dude to play Deus Ex without save scumming?
>>
>>383868267
>immersive sims
You mean first person action RPGs or what? Anyways lets look at three big examples of such games that also did poorly: Dishonored 2, Prey and Mankind Divided.
They all have certain things in common.
>humongous performance problems at launch which create a ton of negative reviews, and refunds
>denuvo and no demo, yet a 60 dollarydoo pricetag. Dropping full dosh for a singleplayer game is a tall order for most people if you cant test it.
>overblown expectations which result in unreasonable sales expectations.

The market for quality story driven action RPGs hasnt gone anywhere, these games just decided to kneecap themselves from the get go. Dont push out a game before at the very least the performance is solid on a mediocre rig.
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.