/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 24626644906_bc9f14df15_b.jpg (265KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
24626644906_bc9f14df15_b.jpg
265KB, 1024x576px
What the fuck happened to SNK and escpecially King of Fighters?
>>
arcades died
>>
>>383848492
>I bought SFV instead of this gem

Huge fucking mistake, I feel like such an idiot.
>>
they've lost a lot of money from jumping to pachinko and then back to gaming again

they're currently in the best place they could be since the Neo Geo died

as long as they keep slinging those ports over to PS4 and bring out the occasional king of fighters with 2D sprites (if they can afford it), they'll be all good
>>
File: 1315108658355.jpg (634KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1315108658355.jpg
634KB, 1000x1250px
Just bought Fatal Fury Special on Switch today.

I also have SamSho IV, KoF 98, Waku Waku 7, World Heroes Perfect, and Galaxy Fight.

Should I consider getting Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury 2 or any of the other KoF games?

SamSho 1 is also getting released next week.

Wat do?!
>>
>>383848492
>graphicsfags
>people convince themselves out of buying it because they think nobody else will play it
>also somewhat high learning curve due to having to learn how to move/open people up
>doesn't have flashy anime graphics like ASW games to attract normies despite having generally cooler characters
>>
>>383850108
>having generally cooler characters

>tfw no modern fighters have cool characters like Freeman in them anymore

;_;
>>
KOF14 is one of the best fighting games out right now. The graphics aren't even that bad. The 2.5D adds a lot of style that wasn't possible with sprites.
>>
>>383850572
SNK's roster of characters is generally very good. I was surprised that even the newer characters from XIV (aside from Shunn'ei and Meitenkun) are pretty good.
>>
>>383848694
As far as non-mobile SNK games go, 2D sprites are over.
>>
>>383849256
Keep supporting them.

>>383850108
KOF doesn't need to go full anime. It's not supposed to be, either. Buuut, normies have normie taste. What else is new?

>>383848492
They released one of the most satisfying and less cringey modern fighting games out there.
>>
It got a new game?
>>
>>383851689
But which KoF do I get after 98?

Should I just wait for Real Bout Fatal Fury since Fatal Fury Special is basically Super Fatal Fury 2?

Do you think Art of Fighting will ever come?
>>
>>383850691
I didn't even notice the graphics were a problem until people complained about it, I thought they were fine. You'd think they'd be more focused on the gameplay, but nope.
>>
let's say that KoF15 will have 50 characters at release again, but with different teams. who do you think will be cut and who do you want to come back?
>>
>>383851689
>KOF doesn't need to go full anime
You mean it doesn't need to go full high fantasy right? Because KOF's been "full anime" since Fatal Fury.
>>
>>383848492
They went bankrupt in 2000

shenanigans with koreans lead them to getting SNK IPS back in 2005

Went to near bankruptcy in 2013 after releasing KOFXIII, became slaves to the pachinko

Get bought out by the chinese in 2015, KOFXIV released and now they produce revenue by making shitty mobile games and porting their titles to everything instead of shitty pachinko games.
>>
>>383850691
>KOF14 is one of the best fighting games out right now
damn right underrated too.
near 50 chars, while SFV has all the chars locked behind grinding or microtransactions.
One of my fav fighters
>>
>>383851310
Chun'ei is actually breddy gud as a character, it's just his fashion sense that needs work.
I haven't used him enough to give myopinion on him as a fighter though.
>>
>>383851819
Out of the Neogeo games, if they port KOF 2000 and 2002, you should get them. Maaaaybe 2001, if you want to pull off glitches with friends. It's considered the pinnacle of the dork age of KOF. '99 has 10/10 atmosphere and music, but it's basically a gimped 98 with a gimped assist system and a gimped back roll and a gimped roster.

All the Real Bout are worth getting.

Get SamSho5sp if they release it on the Switch. Also, get 2 instead of 1.
>>
>>383848492
Fuck these two fags. When can we get New characters?
>>
File: 1473459988648.jpg (640KB, 1502x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1473459988648.jpg
640KB, 1502x2100px
>>383852658
Say no more.
>>
>>383852658
We already did, dingus.
All I want to know is when is Terry getting his full 98 moveset back+Buster Wolf and Power Stream instead of his shitty FF2 one+Buster Wolf (and sometimes Power Charge) that he's been stuck with since KoF12.
>>
>>383852021
>it doesn't need to go full high fantasy right?
Partly this, but I was also talking about chara-design. Back in the Shinkiro days, they always went for that semi-realistic style. And when the games did go full stylized, people started complaining.

Also, the Fatal Fury OVAs are just Obari's interpretation.
>>
>>383851357
it would be a real shame if they didn't give it another go
if Garou 2 happens they have to
>>
>>383848492
Theu went bankrupt (3) THREE TIMES and got bought by chinks
>>
>>383853152
Three times? Did I miss something?

First, there were the Eolith days. Then, it was after XIII. So, what was it, the other time?
>>
Should I buy this game? no one talks about it and I've never played a fighter, is it good? Is it fun? Is it hard or easy to get into competitive?
>>
>>383853787
It's hard, it's fun, and it's dead unless you're chinese or you live in Mexico City.

It is published by Atlus, and those guys put games on sale whenever the wind blows, so if get it and you'll have fun for a bunch of hours learning the characters at least.
>>
>>383853787
It's harder than SF5 and arena fighters (it's actually on par with 90s fighters), but easier than GG.

You have to get out of your way to consistantly get matches online though. Networking with Discord, Reddit, any forum/FB groupe that talk about fighting games.

Nobody takes ranked seriously.
>>
>>383853338
2001, 2003 and XIII
>>
>>383853787
it's a fun game
but it's hard, for newcomers especially
you need to learn at least 3 characters
the game is a year old so what you have left is people who have the game figured out
and the game also being a year old means the online is pretty much dead
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.