[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charge moves are bad outdated game design.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Guile-sonic-boom.jpg (917KB, 1300x996px) Image search: [Google]
Guile-sonic-boom.jpg
917KB, 1300x996px
Charge moves are bad outdated game design.
>>
ITT OP cannot into charge partitioning or just got bodied by a Boxer/Claw.
>>
>>383846278
quite sure he just doesn't like fighting guile.

I also hate fighting guile in pretty much every sf.
>>
>>383846278
>ITT
You're stupid.
>>
I don't think there's anything wrong with charge moves. I just don't know why they exist. How can you not accomplish the same exact thing with a quarter circle?
>>
>>383846278
Everyone gets bodied by Boxer
>>
>>383845937
>>383846769
some people prefer different styles of play, I prefer charge to quarter circle moves
>>
>>383846769
Charge moves are more restrictive and thus can be made into more powerful attacks because of the way their inputs work
The perfect example of this is the 3DS version of Street Fighter IV where you can rebind attacks to a single button and Guile becomes a death machine because he can perform advancing Flashkicks which are not otherwise possible.
>>
>>383845937
It fits a different play style. Charge characters tend to be much more defensive, I don't see anything wrong with encouraging different styles of play it adds variety.
>>
I hate characters that are hybrid charge and normal, like modern Chun.
>>
>>383847219
>Chun
Death to all the fucking reds.
>>
>play Tekken
>play Steve
>one of the most technical and rewarding skill based characters in fighting games

>play SF
>play Balrog
>UNGA BUNGA HOLD BACK AND PUNCH
>>
>>383845937
*on Super/Ultra Mechanics
>>
>>383847808
I got Tekken 7 today and decided to start out playing Steve on a whim
I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing but he's fun as shit
>>
it annoys me that his flag tattoos is facing the wrong direction
>>
>>383848271
If they did it the correct way, all the simpletons would complain that it's backwards.
>>
>>383847117
Dictator, Boxer, and Claw are all very aggressive characters though.

>>383845937
Charge motions were intended to simplify special inputs but ironically ended up becoming a pleb filter.
>>
>>383848424
Aggressive Guile has been a thing since original SF2 as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qtv2XLGRV8
>>
>>383846278
>>383846871
>>383848424
>guys look look I know the 1337 FGC names
stop please

we don't live in japan, just call them what they're called
>>
>>383845937
Charge inputs are a great way to give characters overpowered tools by limiting their usage. It encourages defensive play and opens up the possibility for different playstyles. You can find creative ways to get around the limitations and that is what makes it interesting. It is in place as a limit but the goal of the player is to find the most efficient way to weaken the limit. Guiles bazooka knee is a common example because you can charge while still moving forward.

If anything, i would argue that regular fireball inputs are fairly arbitrary considering they arent a limit on the player in any way.
>>
>>383846769
For Guile in particular, its lets them make his Boom really, really good, with the caveat that you can't advance and just throw one whenever. You gotta take that time to get your charge, either by parking it and waiting, or hiding it in another action, whereas you basically always have access to a normal motion. This is the reason that most charge characters are fucking crazy in 3DS SF4, where you could just have a touchscreen shortcut for specials that he could whip out whenever.
>>
>>383845937
Fighting games in general have stagnant design because the "fanbase" for the genre refuses to acknowledge any game that actually introduces new mechanics.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.