[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STEEEEEEEVE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: steve.jpg (95KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
steve.jpg
95KB, 1440x1080px
STEEEEEEEVE
>>
Mass Effect 3 was a fucking disaster
>>
>>383841323
I'M OKAY
>>
>>383841685
You sure?
>>
>>383841457
Playing it for the first time now, it's not bad. Does distinctly feel shallower than 2 and 1, but still fun
>>
>>383841981
It's only fun because it has the best combat
>>
I really hope Andromeda isn't the last we see of the Mass Effect universe.

I'm playing through it right now, and although it's nowhere near as good as the first or even the second, I still feel it's an improvement over ME 3.

It's really depressing Mass Effect is the only Sci-Fi RPG we even really have. Need more space rpg's
>>
>>383841981
What were your past major choices? That affects a lot
>>
>>383842243
>I still feel it's an improvement over ME 3
how
>>
>>383842375
*affects enjoyment level
>>
File: Grunt DLC.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Grunt DLC.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>383842243
Really? I don't outright hate Andromeda as much as some people do, but I still think it's a bit of a mess compared to any of the original games.
>>
Andromeda's writing is probably the worst in any BioWare game ever.
>>
>>383842375
I could see that. For example I let the rachni queen go in me1, so to see it/her? return here was pretty cool, but I wondered if that quest isn't pretty much the same of you'd killed her instead and the game makes up an excuse for there to be more
>>
>>383842559
CiSnquesisition is up there too
>>
>>383841981
gameplay wise, its alright. its everything else thats bad.
>>
>>383842243
Trials in Tainted Space
>>
>>383841981
>PlayING it
You haven't seen it then yet you dumb nigger
>>
>>383843725
the quest is the same even if you killed the queen in the first game.

with the qurions vs geth, it still happens even if you bring legion with you in 2 and show them that the geth are willing to talk and maybe make peace.

the differens if you save the genophage data or not in 2 is that eve gets to live and wrex will not be mad at you for deleting it.

the ending of mass effect 2 dont matter. Cerberus gets the human reaper even if you blow it up.
>>
File: 13a.jpg (417KB, 640x2400px) Image search: [Google]
13a.jpg
417KB, 640x2400px
>>383841323
Man, this game broke something inside of me. I mean, I'm still mad about it 5 years on, which is ridiculous. I don't even want to play the first two anymore because of how bad this game was.
>>
File: 1486104429135.png (1MB, 1053x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1486104429135.png
1MB, 1053x1162px
>>383842243
>I really hope Andromeda isn't the last we see of the Mass Effect universe.

I do

I hope Anthem fails and Bioware gets fucking wiped off the face of the earth.
>>
>>383842243
>I really hope Andromeda isn't the last we see of the Mass Effect universe.

i hope it is.
>>
>>383844834
i replayed the series. 1 and 2 are still good games but fuck me if 3 was not the worst story in video game history.

you could see and feel it was not made by the same people who did the other 2 games.
>>
>>383845079
Man, I don't know if I can play through it. I'll see characters or situations and immediately think of what happens in Mass Effect 3. It's like a huge cloud that hangs over the series.
>>
>>383844834
I thought the elves didnt go to helms deep in the books anyway
>>
File: tianic.jpg (63KB, 594x531px) Image search: [Google]
tianic.jpg
63KB, 594x531px
>>
File: Rockstar-Games.png (819KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
Rockstar-Games.png
819KB, 610x343px
What if these guys had the rights to the Mass Effect series ?
>>
>>383845079
That's because the lead writer was around for the first two, and 3's lead writer came in on the second before taking over for the third.
It also doesn't help that the game was an 18-month rushjob that had the devs callously disposing of a planned ending due to leaks.
>>
>>383842243
Bioware and EA fucking shifted their big Mass Effect project onto a D-team that wasn't prepared for a game of the scale they were making, and those working on Anthem supposedly despised the Andromeda team for trying to "take away" resources from their new baby project. Bioware themselves set a fire beneath ME to try to go for a 'new horizon' that is just Destiny x Iron Man.

At that point it's better to just let it die with some semblance of whatever dignity it has left, because it's clear Bioware would only revisit it in earnest if Anthem blows up in their faces. And even then, after 3 and Andromeda, I don't really want to see anymore.
>>
>>383843725

Precisely, knowing past the illusion that the event would be brought forth in the exact same way regardless of your previous decisions made it feel like your choices didn't matter....x amount of years ago.

To go against those decisions that had cemented in the players mind for so long is a recipe to leave them with a bad aftertaste for the experience you are crafting int he present.
>>
>>383846030
It would just be another aggressive parody about American society, but set in space
>>
>>383847226
This. Rockstar is probably even worse at story telling than Bioware.
>>
>>383846307

Not to mention the oft- mentioned rumor that the 3 writers + casey locked themselves in a room as a group and brought together that first ending with no flex room to adjust it.

That's not how development works, if there is no cross-communication you are dooming yourself to incongruous experiences.
>>
>>383847310
Agreed, Rockstar has its schtick. Mass Effect doesn't fit in that thing at all.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.