[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>expansion is better than the base game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Half-Life_Opposing_Force_box.jpg (161KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_Opposing_Force_box.jpg
161KB, 300x361px
>expansion is better than the base game
>>
File: images (3).jpg (31KB, 325x453px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
31KB, 325x453px
>>383838321
>>
>>383838572
wait a minute that card
>>
>>383838321
I've never really understood the praise.
Yeah it's a slight improvement in terms of gameplay and level design, but consider it was released like two years later isn't that to be expected?
The plot, progression and variety felt better in the original because the scope is bigger
>>
>>383838321
I actually prefer the original. Is that a controversial opinion?
>>
File: 1472385144608.jpg (54KB, 742x412px) Image search: [Google]
1472385144608.jpg
54KB, 742x412px
>gearbox software
>>
>>383838321
It's good but not better than og halflife
>>383840416
No that's the right opinion, OP is the one trying to be controversial and derail his own thread.
>>
>>383840551
I have a feeling that people here really like OpFor. And well, I like it too, just like the original more.

The rest of my opinions on HL series are kind of controversial, though.

HL1 (GoldSource) = Episode 2 = Black Mesa Source > MINEVRA Metastasis > Lost Coast = Episode 1 > Half-Life 2
>>
>>383840485
I will never not hate that faggot.
>>
>>383840861
>hl2 lower than Episode 1
Explain? The rest I understand
>>
>>383840305
One year
>>
>>383840861
is EP2 the apogee of the HL2 games
>>
>>383841014
Personal preference. I actually really, really like Episode 1. I love the design of Citadel so spending more time in it and tinkering with some of its equipment was fantastic, even though gameplay-wise it's pretty much walking sim with simple puzzles. I loved Lowlight, abandoned underground stuff is my shit and the pre-patch elevator battle is the hardest Half-Life combat experience (and even post-patch it's no slouch). I'd honestly play an entire game set in a similar setting, some cavernous, long abandoned post-urban underground full of luring monsters, kind of like a post-apo Arx Fatalis (I should probably play Metro when I finally get a decent PC). It also has the best antlion guardian battle in the series, because you need to dodge the guardian while plugging the antlion holes, which are a pretty cool addition. It has my favorite environment puzzles, that shout-out to OG HL trapped building was pretty neat. Lastly, the hospital sequence is just boss, moving through the hospital and blasting both zombies and Combine while aggressive soundtrack was blaring is one of the most memorable combat setpieces in the series for me. And zombine is a very good enemy design.

Honestly I'd maybe put it even higher. I really don't hate any HL game, though. HL2 disappointed me somewhat but I still like it overall.

>>383841470
It introduces some of the best enemies in the series and focuses on constructing fun setpieces with the older ones. It's a refinement, really.
>>
File: Spore_Launcher_reload.jpg (194KB, 1102x417px) Image search: [Google]
Spore_Launcher_reload.jpg
194KB, 1102x417px
>>383840551
I'm not trying to be contrarion, I swear.

I just like the weapons a lot more. The wrench is a lot more powerful than the crowbar. Same thing with the scorpion gun vs the bee gun, and the Desert Eagle vs the Revolver. The teleporter gun wasn't exactly practical, but it was an interesting idea. The barnacle makes you think during the platforming a lot more, too. The spore launcher's really cute, especially during reloads. It just feels like there was a lot of thought put into it, you know?
>>
>>383838321
Ah yes, the peak of randy's life, as a game developer and in general
>>
File: 1415938.jpg (465KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1415938.jpg
465KB, 1920x1080px
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.