[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Street fighter was never good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
Street fighter was never good
>>
>>383837596
Yes it was
>>
>>383838240
It was always garbage and only became popular because of arcades.
>>
>>383838351
Nah. It's good shit yo.
>>
>>383838240
>>383838510
He might just be talking specifically about the first Street fighter
>>
File: 1480711094845.jpg (810KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1480711094845.jpg
810KB, 850x1201px
>>383838510
word. its fucking dope and has been for decades. i hope it one day returns to its former greatness but seeing as the genre is withering its not likely
>>
>>383838775
Yea it makes me a bit sad, I'm really only getting into fighting games recently, is the genre really dying? It seems like with Tekken 7, MK, Injustice, and then MVCU and Dragon Ball FighterZ on the way the fighting genre has been incredibly strong
>>
File: 1468831350112.jpg (145KB, 549x850px) Image search: [Google]
1468831350112.jpg
145KB, 549x850px
>>383839076
not really dying, but certainly declining. on one hand, they literally play street fighter tournaments on ESPN now, so its not so much a "special niche genre" anymore. on the other hand, developers (capcom especially) is trying to get more people into the genre by dumbing it down to the point where you barely need to have any skill to play. its not exactly drawing in the amount of people they are hoping for, but it is sure pissing off people who have been playing for decades.

fighting games will exist for years to come, but they will never be a mainstay in the gaming industry and will never be as good as they were back in the day - i hate to sound like an old fart, but things just aint like they used to be
>>
>>383839617
That's unfortunate, but yea I suppose if it's being shown nationally like that it'll be tough for it to die. But as someone newer (or rather only recently attempting to truly get good) why exactly is SFV worse than its predecessors? Just easier combos?
>>
>>383839907

There's no real barrier to the upper levels. By comparison, if you played 3 without using parries you'd never make it past pools at locals, and in 4 you'd pretty much never reach A rank online without consistent FADCing and plinking or mastery of 1f links. 5 threw away pretty much all of that in favor of making everything into target combos, which leads to rigid setplay, and turned V-Trigger into a poor man's focus cancel.

Overall, this just leads to less variety in fights and less interest from serious players.
>>
>>383837596
Haha little bitch baby boy can't beat baby's first fighter
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.