[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw, DaS1 was shit. DaS2 perfected the formula.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56KB, 256x369px
Find a flaw, DaS1 was shit. DaS2 perfected the formula.
>>
>>383830652
I agree
>>
What's with all the DS2 shills today?
>>
>>383830652
Dark Souls 2 was and still is the best game in the series. It did everything right, but nu-/v/ hates everything good.
>>
>>383830652
There's been a lot of DaS2 threads today, and I for one am glad. The DaS2 sucks meme has gone on long enough.

The game is actually fucking great.
>>
>>383830652
Soul Memory
>>
Are you all high? This game was by far the worst in the series, theres a reason the meme started. Between the glitchy ass button mapping, shitty multiplayer and imbalanced bosses, im surprised this game is even still counted among the trilogy.
>>
File: 1499616712300.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499616712300.png
2MB, 1600x900px
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>383830652
It was fuck ugly. I'm still pissed they didn't go back to the prerelease lighting engine for SotFS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbT03r_9Zo
>>
>>383831274
>Stam regen is tied to equip load
Effectively keeping DaS2 a backstab/shortsword fest. Just like DaS1
>>
>>383831576
The unfortunate truth is that even current consoles are so shit they couldn't handle it reliably.

It'd also be a ton of work to go back and re-re-re-do every area, given that probably very few areas were fully/nearly fully designed in the original visual style.
>>
>>383830652
>If I keep saying it it will become true!
Fuck off faggot, accept you are wrong and stop posting this 5 times a day.
>>
>>383831576
Actually, this one's a bit better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IWnkOJMcT0

That opening shot alone looks fucking amazing, what we got (and what they kept for SotFS) is such bullshit.
>>
>>383831905
>Unironically hating DaS2
begone DaS3 babby. Go back to your weebshit katana meta.
>>
>>383831804
>even current consoles are so shit they couldn't handle it reliably
Debatable, but I get where you're coming from.
>It'd also be a ton of work
True, 100% agree. However. They sold me on those graphics back when and didn't fulfill, then they had a second chance on better hardware with SotFS and they still didn't live up to the promise. It's not unreasonable to be disappointed.
>>
>>383831603

Learn to play and get good before posting please.
>>
>>383831576
>>383831804
>>383831926

Also, it wasn't fucking ugly. It just allocated the hardwares resources on different priorities, like realtime dynamic shadows. The game still looked and looks great. fuck your memes.
>>
>>383832372
It's an visual mess. It's inconsistent, bland, some areas lack lighting. Watch that second video and tell me the flat, featureless lobby looks good in any sense of the word.
>>
>>383832353
>get good
You need to be 18+ to post here.
>>
Dual wielding actually sucks dick, offhand deals % less damage, so its not actually worth it outside of very few combinations.
Can't throw stuff freely without binoculars. Applies to bows and spells too.
Restricted movement while chaining attacks.
Agility.
Poise taking years to recover, stone ring effectively removes it from the game.
Retarded scaling with gaps in damage increase before 40.
Bad sound design.
Bad animations.
Bad graphics.
Lifegems everywhere.
Repairable rings of sacrifice.
>>
File: besto game.png (237KB, 315x735px) Image search: [Google]
besto game.png
237KB, 315x735px
Dark soul 2 is clearly the worst entry in the ser-
>>
File: OPisGay.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
OPisGay.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>>
>>383832863
No shit the PC version of DaS1 got a bad score, the port was atrocious. Still a better game though.
>>
>>383832994
>8.5
>bad score
DaS1 was an 8.5/10 game, honestly I'd score my initial 360 playthroughs even lower than that, 7.8~ish. The performance problems were ridiculous.
>>
File: besto game 2.png (272KB, 314x722px) Image search: [Google]
besto game 2.png
272KB, 314x722px
>>383832994
T-The PC version was shi-
>>
>>383830652
flaws:
soul memory ruined matchmaking
movement is so messed up it requires mods to fix
floaty combat with all the weight removed
most bosses are horrible
no memorable characters
mediocre level design
noonexistant world connectivity
>>
>>383833245
Fair enough.
>>
Defintetly not as bad as people make it out to be. People love nitpicking here.
>>
>>383832850
There's nothing wrong with repairable ring of sacrifice. You sacrifice a ring slot and souls to benefit from it, and at early levels, because you don't want to spend 10k souls repairing, you use it just as. often as the other games. It just makes it so that the ring becomes a viable option lategame without going through NG+ to farm more of them.
>>
>>383832103
I didnt even play DeS3 yet you cunt...trying to finish this mess of a game.Its a Fuckinh shore the wasted up Lightning is fucking Disgusting
>>
>>383832656
you have to get good to post here
>>
>>383830652

Except for early warping, bad enemy placement, no levelling up at the bonfire plus shitty world map, it was ok.

I don't get why they haven't done a "Complete" version of 1 that fixes the later stages, runs at 60 fps and has a better lighting engine, and on PS4, Xbone and PC.
>>
>>383833331
I'm not in this conversation but I'd like to pop to say I appreciate you being fair
>>
Dark Souls II is preferable to me since PC version actually ran beautifully.

The health system was great, I remember in Dark Souls 1 I would just jump off a cliff if I wanted to go somewhere. It made dying seem trivial. In the second one it made it extremely important not to die.

The rest I think the fairly similar but these two stand out and to me makes it the better one. I know its like a meme at this point but I havnt seen anyone make a decent argument why the first one is better
>>
>>383831274
Thank you good sir!!! Finally!!
>>
>>383833245
That was literally everyones first dark souls. I honestly find it more funny that the game was less souls than anything.
>Downgraded graphics on release
>Surprisingly good review.
>B team
Payed off to write it.
>>
>>383837695

You are welcome friend. I will never stop. DS3 babbies brought it on themselves when they shitposted DS2 after DS3 released.
>>
Stop it
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.