[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lawbreakers and it's aesthetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: LawbOW.png (2MB, 1200x1066px) Image search: [Google]
LawbOW.png
2MB, 1200x1066px
This game is the perfect example of why visual design matters so much in a video game. While it is kind of cruel to compare this to other Arena Shooters like Overwatch, I feel I need to make this clear.

Lawbreakers might have some fantastic movement and decent combat with fast-paced action, but it means NOTHING compared to good aesthetics. The game would have been a serious GOTY contender if they fucking removed the art department.

The characters in this game all fucking blend together. They're so dull in terms of colours, and they blend in to the map. Everything looks so similar, so generic. Nothing is visually distinctive.

Now, compare this to TF2 and Overwatch. TF2 and Overwatch might have many problems in terms of gunplay and so on, but Pre-hat TF2 and Overwatch all have one key thing that Lawbreakers lack. All the characters look so different. They move differently, they are very distinct and pop out compared to the environment. Look at Roadhog, DVA and Rein. None of them look alike. But you could grab 3 characters from Lawbreakers and you'd have no clue who's who.

Each character needs to be visually distinctive. Look at the Overwatch guys. Hanzo's sillohette is changed by the arrows and his animations are totally unique. Roadhog's profile and movement are clearly different to Junkrat's gait or reaper's plodding. Pharah's sharp edges and Mercy's wings mean that you can easily tell them apart from any other character and even the environment. Same with Pre-hat Tf2. Every character looked different.

But fucking LAWBREAKERS. Everything looks so fucking similar and ugly and washed out. Nothing has colour and it all looks the fucking same. Everything blends into the background, or becomes dark blobs in the distance. Which is inexcusable.

This game is great mechanically but it's going to become another fucking Blunderborn because Cliffy B couldn't fire the garbage art department and make video game characters instead of """real people"""
>>
>>383820181
Overwatch sucks just as much dick as tf2 and this game
>>
Overwatch is awesome. Suck a nut. Stay bitter
>>
I just wish there was a competent anime shooter.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.