[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think Retro is working on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1495589010435.png (998KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495589010435.png
998KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>383812468
super legend of metroid country
>>
>>383812468
Metroid Prime 5
>>
Donk Ex, a cyberpunk conspiracy set in the jungle
>>
>>383812468
various prototypes that keep not panning out or getting shot down by nintendo, between engine programming assistance for other 1st/2nd party studios
>>
>>383812468
Cooking Mama : BBQ Edition
>>
>>383812468
3DS shovelware
>>
Big new sci fi IP, exclusive to switch
>>
Standalone Subspace Emissary II
>>
code name s.t.e.a.m.i.e.r
>>
Either a Kingdom Hearts type game except with Nintendo worlds or Zelda Souls.
>>
>>383813326
Sadly, this is kinda what I'm thinking is going on. We shold have seen their next project a long time ago, their probably in development hell right now and in a couple of years a old employee will bring up all the ideas that they had whom Nintendo shot down.
>>
A gritty reboot of Pilotwings set during World War 2
>>
>>383812468
First-person sci-fi shooter that makes even Destiny blush
>>
File: retro.jpg (125KB, 1341x322px) Image search: [Google]
retro.jpg
125KB, 1341x322px
Half-Life.
>>
>>383812468
They should buy themselves out and go multiplatform. They're better off without Nintendo keeping them on a leash.
>>
>>383814727
The Switch is sold out, announcing things now is a pointless waste of a free advertising opportunity. We'll see Retro's game either later in the year or at next year's E3.
>>
File: recore.jpg (81KB, 275x350px) Image search: [Google]
recore.jpg
81KB, 275x350px
>>383815323
Yeah I'm sure they'll do great alone.
>>
>>383815165
That's fucking ridiculous. Valve comisioning a game is one thing, but giving exclusive rights to another company over their crown jewel? Yeah that'll be the damn day. Caramel's conspiracy made way more sense.
>>
>>383814674
I'd play that
>>
>>383815637
GabeN probably doesn't consider it a crown jewel. If anything he's ashamed. HL1 was the product of them doubling down after Rare BThemFO. They didn't even know the technology for Goldeneye was possible. They thought THEY were state-of-the-art. For HL2, I think he said he has so many regrets he doesn't even want to look back at it. He thinks the best game Valve has made is Portal 2. Put yourself in his shoes. You have this hugely popular series that you're not very fond of and which has caused you more grief than it deserves over its leaks. Imagine having to be constantly reminded about your failures if you greenlit this game in-house.

One day you buy a Switch and decide to play Donkey Kong Country because you're a fan of Miyamoto's and you know Retro Studios has the best rep this side of the pond other than your studio. You're blown away and so you go back and play the Metroid Prime Trilogy and are even more blown away. So you get in touch with Nintendo and book a flight to Austin, TX without saying a word to your team.

A few years later your only remaining game directors remain in the dark about HL3 once their contracts expire they quit. None the wiser that all along you commisioned a team that you feel would live up to your game better.
>>
File: Gabbie Newsaime.jpg (8KB, 196x256px) Image search: [Google]
Gabbie Newsaime.jpg
8KB, 196x256px
>>383817194
I meant buy a Wii U. DOH!
>>
Luigi's Mansion 3
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.