[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this kills the franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: ClassicSonic (2).jpg (7KB, 176x287px) Image search: [Google]
ClassicSonic (2).jpg
7KB, 176x287px
>this kills the franchise
>>
>>383812283
haha he looks kinda pregnant in this picture
>>
>>383812460
https://youtu.be/TgQvxMKYwu0?t=5m34s
>>
>>383812460
What if sonic gave birth
I wonder what that would smell like haha
>>
I still don't get the retardation of separating Sonic into two characters. They changed his design, if they regret it just go back to the previous one as shamelessly as they went to the exxxtreme!!! version.
At least Link has the timeline excuse.
>>
>>383812283
>Sega brings back Classic Sonic in Sonic Forces
>Thinks fans will like it
>Reveals his presence in the game in the debut trailer
>Fans' reactions range from disgruntled sighs and hatred
>>
>>383812283
>Mania
>killing the franchise
The only thing killing Sonic is Sonic Team.
>>
>>383813160
>At least Link has the timeline excuse.
What's Mario's excuse for Paper Mario?
>>
>>383814750
I think OP is referring to the presence of Classic Sonic as a character, not Sonic Mania.
>>
They should have axed modern sonic when they had the chance
>>
>>383814846
I don't know if Paper Mario is considered a character of its own. If he is, it's the same thing, I think. At least he's tied to a concept, anyway. Is classic Sonic tied to 2D camera games? Are there any of the sort now?
>>
>>383813160
Sonic is using time travel as an excuse. It's just justification to have two different styles of gameplay to appeal to two different groups of Sonic fans so they can sell more copies of their games. Good idea in theory, the biggest problem with Sonic has always been the inconsistent gameplay design for the series, people got into Sonic for different reasons and different gameplay. Making as many people happy as possible just makes sense. Problem is their classic gameplay is shit and doesn't play like Classic Sonic at all, so that's why they're making Mania.
>>
>>383812283
Real sonic back.

The new sonic is in all them games everyones hate.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>383816362
People don't hate the boost games.
>>
>>383815205
>Generations has 2D and 3D Sonics
>3D Sonic still has a ton of 2D sections

WTF Sega
>>
File: Takashi_Iizuka.jpg (120KB, 478x359px) Image search: [Google]
Takashi_Iizuka.jpg
120KB, 478x359px
>>383812283
>>
>>383814951
Different iterations of the same character can't exist at the same time now? Classic Sonic isn't hurting the franchise, Sonic Team's insistence on using shallow nostalgia pandering as a crutch for their lack of focus and confidence in the brand is. Lost World, for example, featured a ton of nostalgia bait (although lacked the classic design itself, oddly) and whole thing blew up in their face.

So I'll reiterate: Sonic Team is killing the franchise, not classic Sonic.
>>
File: 1499415253101.jpg (119KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499415253101.jpg
119KB, 1024x768px
>this saves the franchise
>>
>>383815148
>I don't know if Paper Mario is considered a character of its own.
I think he is as of the Mario and Luigi crossover game.
>Is classic Sonic tied to 2D camera games? Are there any of the sort now?
Currently classic Sonic is tied to Sonic Mania (and its inevitable sequels) more than anything else, to the point where gameplay mechanics from Mania are being incorporated into his appearance in Sonic Forces.

If Sega is smart, they use utilize the classic design for their own branch of NSMB-esque games, instead of shoving him into every game alongside modern Sonic.
>>
>>383816912

Why can't this dude just make Sonic levels like in Adventure 1 again? WHY?
>>
>>383816461
No, but people appear to be getting bored of them. Modernfags autistically screech when you point this out but the writing's on the wall here. Sonic Team can only coast on "good enough" for so long.
>>
>>383816676
Typically to break up the monotony of modern Sonic level design. It's not like it's the same shit though, modern Sonic gets a double jump, boost/airdash, stomp, wisps, it's like the difference between Mario Bros 1 and NSMB.
>>
>>383817705
>I like hot wheels tracks in the sky with no room to breathe and constantly running into walls

I like SA1 as much as the next guy but let's not pretend it wasn't phoned in to hit a rapidly approaching deadline.
>>
>>383818517
Do you prefer the hot wheels tracks that are boxed in and more linear (besides Final Rush/Chase) like SA2?
>>
>>383818517
A lot of that shit could be fixed by adding more modern elements such as drifting. Both Adventure games were rushed and phoned in yes, but you can't say that there's absolutely nothing going on there that could be salvaged and used today. The Adventure formula had a lot of potential, and they kinda played with it, but by the time they were starting to figure it out lmao here comes Heroes and now we're designing the level with team gimmicks in mind and then lmao here comes Shadow and we're designing the level with guns and backtracking in mind. They could have had a good thing going if they stuck to one formula and kept iterating on it, but they kept trying to add new shit that didn't help. Then after Shadow flopped they changed the formula entirely.
>>
>>383818965
Why would anyone prefer either. They're both heavily flawed.

Shame the beta version of Windy Valley was scrapped. It was a lot more open and fun to navigate than anything in the final game.
>>
>>383815205
>Sonic is using time travel as an excuse.
Now Classic is from an alternate dimension. Gens is non-canon.
>>
>>383819213
>Then after Shadow flopped they changed the formula entirely.
06 wasn't that different. I was just really slow paced due to the shitty physics.
>>
>>383819327
I like that beta Wind Valley has so many slopes and ramps and was clearly designed to be momentum focused. But there's not a lot of direction in it and not a whole lot of a reason to go in those different routes aside from curiosity. If 3D Sonic wants to capture the top middle bottom pathway structure of the Classic games, it needs more verticality and smarter design to guide players to different routes. Even Sonic Utopia doesn't fully get this (at least not yet since it's a very early beta).
>>
>>383819507
It was obviously supposed to be Adventure 3, but I'd argue that it ended up being more its own thing than a true Adventure style game. It also did start the Mach Speed sections that became a staple of the boost games.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.