[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Franchises you wish would return

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Read the title. Dead franchises you wish would make a successful comeback.

>AvP
>Mostly the same, but with more focus on Aliens and Predators, leaving Marines as NPC mooks in most modes with Survival and Infection being the modes that allow you to play as them
>Aliens now have multiple forms they can take with unique abilities: Xenomorph Warriors, Predaliens, Neomorphs, Spitters and Deacons
>Predators have to create/choose a loadout instead of finding weapons on the map
>Alien controls are tightened, requiring leaps to get off floors and onto walls/ceilings, but allowing free switching between walls and ceilings
>Finishers are more varied and faster
>Hand-to-hand combat is more than just blocks, lights and heavies, but the focus is still on sneaking up on your opponent
Any other thoughts?

What games would you guys like to see return from the dead?
>>
>>383811457
Marine Campaign was always the best because you could get your shit kicked in at any second and it could be scary as fuck.

Until 2010 when you could just wave off facehuggers.
>>
>>383812751
See, I never saw the point in playing the Marines. There's a lot of games where you can shoot aliens, even Xenomorphs. AvP is the only one that lets you be a Xenomorph.
>>
>>383813151
There aren't too many good games where you get the iconic USCM weaponry. Going through a level and hearing a ping then seeing the shimmery cloak of a predator while a horde of Xenos also sow up is terrifying.

Ditch the Melee. No marine would be able to punch out a Predator it's what fucked 2010 up the Marines strength should his weaponry.
>>
>>383814497
I would agree with the second part. Punching out a Predator is pretty absurd. Marines should have numbers on their side, which is why I proposed having most maps be littered with NPC marines. In 'standard' modes which would only include Predators and Aliens, they'd be nice cannon fodder to up your score or regen health, and in the 'Marine' modes maybe you could recruit them if you managed to save them.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.