[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After replaying both DS2 and DS3 recently I can definitively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 13

File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88KB, 332x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88KB, 332x330px
After replaying both DS2 and DS3 recently I can definitively say that DS2 is the better game and experience.

>DS3's bosses are literal garbage half the time with only about 4 being standouts. The big issue here is that a lot of them are really big and cause your lock on to go haywire constantly while the others usually have like 2-3 really bullshit attacks that just require you to pray to god. DS2 has really uninspired bosses half the time but at least they are playable and not really annoying.
>Weapon variety in DS2 is way WAY better. There is only a few weapons you can use in DS3 without noting that you are playing at a severe handicap. It feels the entire game was made with only the longsword in mind and it really feels like that too. You can pick whatever stupid shit you want in DS2 and have a good time with it.
>Enemies in DS3 all have these really fucking annoying Tantrum attacks that just go on way too fucking long. All enemies seem to have huge combos that just never fucking stop.
>While DS2 makes no fucking sense in it's world layout I feel that's the point. You aren't really traveling to and from real areas but more places in time. DS3 also doesn't make sense with it's areas and is super fucking awful with a lot of them. First off a good third of the game is a fucking awful swamp that is complete ass. Then you run through some dark catacombs and come out to snow world anor londo. But why wasn't it snowing in the swamp? Why is the profaned capitol there, just sitting under everything in a sunken out mess, wouldn't the entirety of irrithyl be really unstable sitting over a huge cave system like that?! It also makes zero sense and I wasn't a huge fan of it, also starting off on high wall is REALLY hard for a beginner area and I wasn't a huge fan of that either.
>DS3 also feels REALLY linear, like even more so than 2. I felt there was almost no exploring in the game since it sort of shoe horned you forward to areas.

cont...
>>
File: 1450565918527.png (18KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1450565918527.png
18KB, 240x200px
>>383809027
>>
Why the fuck would you use lock-on on a giant enemy? You realize you don't have to use lock-on for every fight, right?
>>
All games are good
>>
>>383809027
cont...

>The DLC in DS3 is objectively ass. It feels like they took a page off of markipliers 'oh wow so hard' handbook and made the shit fucking stupid hard and not in the good way. Slave Knight Gael having 10 million hp is obnoxious no matter how you swing a fork at it, freid having three fucking forms is also a god damn mess given her last form is the hardest. Not to mention the areas are jammed packed with some of the worst enemies in souls.
>The enemies and bosses really show you that you are meant to take 2-3 hits no matter how you play. Heavy armor is more of a burden than anything and it really shows when everything hits you for half your hp in one of their tantrum swings.
>In DS2 enemies hit hard but you can mitigate a lot of it by focusing more on heavier armor and such and it really shows, DS2 also probably has the best fucking DLC of any of the games which helps a lot as well.
>Last but not least, DS3 really reeks of bloodborne when you are still crippled with the movement of souls. While enemies recover fast and move even faster you are still rolling around all slow and trading hits just to drink an estus. Lothric is a good example of this as that whole fight there is next to zero chance to drink an estus or heal before he just lol teleports you or warps off your lock on and you have to guess which way he is before he fucking one shots you from a distance. I really like bloodborne but only in the fact that you are playing bloodborne. If you could move like bloodborne in ds3 it'd be great but you really can't and contrary to that, the bosses are built around being super fucking fast and aggressive. It doesn't work.

END
>>
>>383809027
nigger why are you greentexting all this shit
>>
>>383809749
more like bullet points
>>
>>383809201
I agree, though DS3 certainly has the most problems of the bunch.
>>
Every second of gameplay in DS2 is fucking garbage and worse than any second of gameplay in the rest of the series because the game controls and plays like shit.
>>
>>383810827
Have you PLAYED 3?! The game controls like wet ass comparatively. Th only bad part of DS2 is adaptability which is all sorts of retarded but once you know about it it's not so bad.
>>
>>383809027
>First off a good third of the game is a fucking awful swamp that is complete ass
Takes like 15 minutes to get through Farron Keep anon, unless you're just really shit. The only thing that would really extend your time there is the gaints and they die pretty fast anyway.
>>
>>383809169
You don't really need to use it at all.
>>
>>383811367
>Farron keep
>Road of Sacrifices
>Cathedral of the Deep
>Arguably Undead Settlement.
>>
>>383809027
>while the others usually have like 2-3 really bullshit attacks that just require you to pray to god
Example? I can't think of a single boss attack in DaS3 that I can't consistently dodge.
>>
>>383809027
nice try faggot, but DS 3 has some of the best bosses in the whole fucking series.

>but atleast they are playable and not not really annoying

the fuck are you talking about, MOST bosses in DS II are complete shit, and the ones that arent shit are annoying as fuck.
>>
>>383811681
>Arguably Undead Settlement
Actually, it's not arguable at all because it's not a swamp, dumb fuck
Cathedral of the deep has ONE stretch of muck that you're required to go through. And to preempt your complaint about the DLC's, I'll state again that having ONE swampy area does not make the whole level a swamp.
>>
Is Dark Souls the new Zelda?
>>
>>383812846
>>383811681
Even if you are thoroughly exploring every area I don't see how you could spend more than about 90 minutes total in all swamp areas combined.
>>
>>383812512
I'll try and be specific about each.
>Vordt's second phase has that run around like a wild best portion of the fight that causes the camera to go haywire and is very hard to dodge properly even on a good day
>Tree is just a bad boss, it's boring and I hate bosses that funnel in a shitload of enemies.
>Sage is a mess of a fight with too much to focus on when he gets low, it's also really easy to get womboed here just from stuff you weren't aware of. Overall an easy fight but also easy to have bad RNG
>Abyss watchers, granted is a super good fight
>Deacons is an easy fight but that curse thing they do if you are playing defensively feels very cheap
>Wolnir is a FUCKING mess of a fight, it can either be laughably easy or 'stop going into the abyss you shit' and being damaged by shit you are unaware of. Really feels like a gimmick fight and not a good one.
>Pontiff just never fucking stops, he's a good fight outside he feels like a bloodborne boss here. It's very difficult to hit him and it really feels like you should just trade or parry him and get it over with. Also I noticed sometimes he'll just randomly swing at nothing.
>Aldrich is probably the worst boss in all of souls. The homing lasers, the arrow spam and the teleporting really add up to making a really unbearably unfun encounter which should have felt amazing but feels cheap.
>Yhorm is a gimmick fight that feels neat but there's nothing to it.
>Dancer is fine outside she likes to just go apeshit sometimes and non stop attack, overall a good fight.
>Dragonslayer armor is REALLY good and I would of liked it a lot more without the fucking butterflies in the back firing shit at me in what should of been a duel.

Cont...
>>
>>383809027
NeoGaf level of opinon, fuck off there
>>
I disagree
>>
>>383809027
>DS3's bosses are literal garbage half the time with only about 4 being standouts

Thought I might be open to reading this and seeing your opinion but you couldn't be anymore wrong in the first sentence
>>
>enb shitting on DS2 right now

lmao
>>
>>383809027
Both 2 and 3 are shit
>>
>>383813782
>Lothric is a fucking goddamn mess and I hate him. He's either the easiest boss in the game or the hardest depending on how he feels that day. He is insanely aggressive, never stops attacking and it's neigh impossible to heal given he never stops swinging. The big issue is his teleport laser thing he does. It's large, tracks you and kills you in single instance most of the time. You really have to guess most of the time where he will show up and there is really little skill in figuring it out. The second part of the fight is just as annoying but more so, he seems less aggressive now but with added aldrich homing lasers here now for good measure. A really poorly done fight.
>Old Demon King is fine, nothing really terrible with him outside his suicide explosion which is more funny than anything. Sort of forgettable.
>Ocerios is an odd fight as in it's really easy but super annoying. He feels like he has too much Hp for what he does, just runs around and spins. It's fine and easy for the most part but I'm not a huge fan of the whole enemy being the hit box in situations like this.
>Champion Gundyr is a great fight but he has the whole 'i have no stamina' thing that pontiff has going for him. Overall a very aggressive and fun fight to try and overcome.
>Ancient Wyvern is a meme fight and the kunai with chain snake thing is harder than it should be.
>Nameless king ala 'errr muh god man so hard THANK YOU MIYAZAKI!' is an easy fight that deals a lot with the whole 'where the fuck is he' in the first phase that leads to the most telegraphed attacks of all time in the second phase. You faggots were knee deep into sucking off miyazaki for this shit. It's a fun fight but it's not hard or particularly interesting.
>SoC has a lot of tantrum attacks but for some reason doesn't hit for shit with any of them but one. He really feels out of place given how simple and easy he is.

Cont...
>>
>>383813782
I didn't ask you to review each fight, I asked for an example of a boss's attack that is impossible to consistently dodge...
>>
So can you only move on 8 directions in DaS2? I recently started playing it and turning feels weird. I fell off cliffs three times so far.
>>
>>383811000
You're fucking insane. 3 mixes BB and DS beautiful, all the movements feel fluid and weapons control fantastically. Compare that to 2's awkward animations and lack luster roll, it's not even a fair comparison
>>
File: Dead Zones.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Zones.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>383814468
Dead Zone. Controls are just very imprecise.
>>
>using lock on
>>
>>383809027
>DS3's bosses are literal garbage half the time with only about 4 being standouts.

Already dropped your opinion. DS2 is the epitome of BIG PERSON WITH SWORD BOSS FIGHT SIMULATOR. Absolutely zero boss variety, I don't even hate DS2 like most of the shitters here, but come on man, DS3 has better bosses than DS2 and it's obvious as fuck.
>>
>>383814541
Agreed. You can't even chain R1s and R2s together in dark souls 2. Your character just fucking stupidly stands there and does nothing unless your R1 animation is completely finished, there is no switching from R1 to R2. It's garbage.
>>
>>383814541
>3 mixed bb and ds

And that's bad you idiot.
>>
>>383814558
PC wins again.
>>
>>383814387
I think Nameless King is great fight, but everyone seems to jack off over him being difficult when he's actually one of the few completely fair fights in a game chock full of bullshit. He is unfortunately preceded by a technically easy but unbearably broken and unplyabale fight with the King of the Storm though. Unlike the other From cocksuckers, I'm not willing to forgive a boss that exemplifies the developers doing nothing to improve their camera of seven years and five games just because it's not that hard.
>>
>>383814387
DLC boss time woooo

>Wolf man and Wolf is a fucking terrible boss and you cannot defend this shit. You are NO LONGER allowed to complain about royal rat authority.
>Freid is 'how long can we make a fucking boss' the encounter. If you die on the third phase you will turn off the game, I PROMISE YOU. It feels like another bloodborne boss snuck their way into the game and it's really a bad encounter. It feels like it should of been something you fight three times in three different occasions and then it would of been at least passable.
>Demon princes is actually pretty good. You really have to manage them well or else they will just shit on you. It's a two phase fight again but they don't have an insane amount of HP so it's pretty good.
>Church fight isn't even really a fight.
>Dark dragon nigga has TOO MUCH FUCKING HP. I can get him down to half and thats like after 4 minutes and you could still choke at a point and have to restart it all over again. WHY DOES HE HAVE SO MUCH FUCKING HEALTH!?
>Slave Knight Gael is the pinnacle of what is wrong with DS3 to be honest. An absolute absurd amount of health where you aren't even sure if you are fucking hitting him given how slow his health bar moves. All of his attacks in the second and third phases are these 'just keep rolling nigga' moments that really feel out of place in a fight like this. To top it all off the third phase has this GOD DAMN lightning that you cannot avoid and can end up killing you if you get unlucky. He literally could have had half of his HP and it still would of been way too fucking much.
>>
>>383813782
>>383814387
>>383814918
Most of your problems seem to come from you not paying attention to your surroundings, in addition to and because of your over-reliance of the lock-on method. If you pay attention, learn to identify the wind-ups and openings of each attack and learn to time your dodges, each fight becomes a cake-walk. I can't really argue with the boring/gimmicky fights though, Yhorm and the Ancient Wyvern were especially disappointing.
>>
>>383814904
Yeah the second phase is a lot of fun, he's a neat encounter without being overly fucking stupid.
>>
>>383814764
If you didn't like BB, sure, but otherwise it's exactly what the series needed. An aggresive playstyle is THE best way to play souls, and that's exactly what BB was about. I think the mix could have used a few tweaks, but overall 3 is still a fantastic showcase of the old and the new
>>
>>383813782
>>383814387
>>383814918
To be blunt it sounds like you are just bad at the game. Have you ever tried pushing circle/B?
>>
>>383814705
Read the rest you inept.
>>
>>383815109
See that's where I disagree. I am paying attention but the fucking teleports from Aldrich and Lothric are obnoxious. It's not like I see aldrich's arror spam and go 'what do i do?' i know what to do...FUCKING RUN for a good goddamn 10 seconds. It's awful. Lorian teleporting to slam is a real 'spin the camera REALLY fast man' deal that feels awful to find out where he's about to fucking obliterate you if you don't run to him fast enough.
>>
>>383815170
>aggresive playstyle is THE best way to play souls
No, it's the best way to play Bloodborne, you know, with the health regen stuff
Dark Souls is about strategic combat, NOT rushing your enemy and getting to know their patterns and attack at the right moment.

The best way to kill anything in DS3 is to spam R1 until it's dead.
>>
>>383815186
Nigga I only play the game two handed and roll, I haven't used a shield since 1
>>
>>383815350
>Lorian teleporting to slam is a real 'spin the camera REALLY fast man' deal
Do you play with the audio muted?
>>
>>383815186
Interesting. Trying to defend the game by bringing up the fucking awful ROLLSPAM. It's the worst thing in DS3. Spam R1 five times and still roll 4 times to safety. Now repeat.
>>
>>383815403
yuup and this is where weapons come into play. There is ZERO reason to use anything outside of the fucking longsword. It's fast, it staggers and it does a whole lot of damage. Every other weapon either does no stagger or is way too fucking slow for how fast enemies react.
>>
>>383815170
It doesn't matter if you like bb or not. Souls games always had rather slow combat than fast. It is designed to be carefull and not fucking mash R1 your way.
>>
>>383813782
>>383814387
You seem like you're just really fucking bad at the game.

People have already done "no roll, no armor" runs. Maybe you should acquire some skill.
>>
>>383815489
Than why do you seem to have so much more trouble with dodging than everyone on the planet excluding maybe DSP?
>>
>>383815503
Had headphones on but it will only tell you the general direction he's in. you still have several different locations to start running to while you reorient yourself. It would of been fine if the attack had like a second more delay on it.
>>
>>383815403
Souls games haven't been about tactics since demons, DS 1 is way too forgiving when it comes to shields and the only tactic is to hide behind it till the enemy stops and get a hit in. Forcing aggressiveness on the player bring back tactics, and while I think the execution has been a bit poor in BB and DS 3, shows they can force the player to pay attention and not just "learn the pattern". That same R1 arguement applies to every game
>>
>>383815596
>and still roll 4 times to safety. Now repeat.
If you think that is the proper way to dodge than you are objectively horrible at the game. Have you ever heard of iframes?
>>
>>383815489
Is this supposed to be some excuse? My first run through of the game was with a 2H GA.
>>
>>383815403
>shield turtling
>"""""""""""""""""""""""'strategic"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" combat
>>
>>383815597
I found the Black Knight Greatsword to be pretty fun too. Because it's WA can activate POISE. They should have just kept DS2 poise. In 1 it was flat out stupid and hyperarmor in 3 is a joke.
>>
This whole thread is a mess. DaS3 has one major thing over the other Souls games and that's bosses. Seems more like you're angry because the game is too difficult for you.
Also DaS2 is amazing, just a side note.
>>
>>383815748
>but it will only tell you the general direction he's in.
>you still have several different locations to start running
So it tells you what direction he is in but you still can't figure out which direction he is coming from?

>while you reorient yourself
How the fuck do you get disoriented in a room that is literally a giant empty rectangle?
>>
>>383815721
>>383815664
Yeah I played through it a grand total of 2 times. I still beat it in under 30 hours on my first run. I don't care how much other's play it to get super good at everything the game has to offer when the initial playthrough wasn't positive. Also it's not just dodging, it's the fact that a lot of bosses have a 'keep on rolling nigga' phase of the fight that really feels awful compared to something like fume knight where you had to be careful about when you roll and where you go.
>>
please don't bully ds2friends

they may have poor taste but they're still people who contribute to the series' success
>>
>>383815954
The only people impressed by DS3s bosses are people that did not play Bloodborne.
>>
>>383812752
Most of this post can trade 2 and 3 and be no less correct. 3 has a lot of shitty bosses and 2 has about the same amount of standout good ones like Sir Allone and Sir Allone and Sir Allone and Sir Allone.

>>383814705
>Big Person with sword
>DaS2 13/32
>DaS3 8/25
>DaS2 has a slightly higher ratio but DaS3 has fewer bosses total
>>
>>383816121
I've played BB, DeS, DS1, and DS3 and I can honestly say DS3 has the best overall boss cast. BB has the 2 best individual bosses out of all the games but BB's boss cast without DLC is barely above average.
>>
>>383815817
>proper way
There is no proper way to play the game. And it's not about dodging but about getting away from the enemy without being hit.

But if you want to talk about i-frames, yes DS2 adaptability was stupid. BUT why does every DS3 player have DWGR i-frames? Dodgespam at it's finest.
>>
>>383816014
Well

A. Because you have to react nearly instantly to where exactly he is in the huge room and not just where you heard the sound
B. You react to the fact he's doing that attack and not another and have to very quickly find him before his attack obliterates you and you have to take the fucking elevator again.
>>
>>383816051
>I still beat it in under 30 hours on my first run.
So you beat the game in under 30 hours despite having to "pray to god" to beat most bosses due to unavoidable attacks (which you have still yet to provide me examples of).
>>
>>383816381
>(which you have still yet to provide me examples of).

Because there is none.

The only attach that could possibly fit under that description is Midir's laser spam in his 2nd phase but you should technically have enough time to run right next to him before he starts his laser spam.
>>
>>383815908
My last DS1 playthrough was Rapier with some Magic, DS2 was dual katanas and DS3 was Greathammer. Strategic rolles are a thing too, you know. Unlike in Rollspam 3.
>>
>>383816381
Did you read my posts man or are you just farting out shit opinions. I'm decent at souls games and a lot of the bosses feel like they either have tantrum attacks that cause you to roll spam, hit way too fucking hard or do aldrich bs where you just run around for a while. Twin Princes in a unique example of everything culminating in a huge shit show with some of his attacks being a real fucking pain in the ass to deal with and occasionally can just get unlucky. This is ESPECIALLY true with Slave Knight in his third phase.
>>
>>383816340
What the fuck are you talking about? You have nearly 10 seconds after he teleports to figure out which direction he is in and get ready to press circle.
>>
>>383816791
Absolutely not, he teleports mid attack dude, it's more like 5 seconds to get to him.
>>
>>383816653
>that cause you to roll spam
It really sounds like you just don't know how to use the roll properly. You can roll through almost any boss attack by timing properly.
>>
>>383816653
I disagree, these trantrum attacks and Twin Princess can be easily avoided by timed dodges. The problem isn't the boss design but the basic mechanics of DS3. Like how you can roll 14 times with 40 endurance + RoF.
>>
>>383817101
Yes you can, but that's not the problem. The bosses only do these drawn out attacks that you can only evade by rolling BECAUSE you can roll so many times in a row. You might make it even a quicktime event.
>>
>>383816997
> it's more like 5 seconds to get to him
You have a good 7-8 seconds from the time he disappears to the time he launches his beam attack. And why the fuck would you need to get to him? Just dodge the beam you mong.
>>
>>383816653
I'm kinda shit at the souls games but I still managed to get through them.

The Two princes fight really isn't that hard to dodge the fire sword guy's attacks are really telegraphed just don't go slashing in all the time on the second attack just in case he does a third one.

Second phase isn't much different just roll out of the shiny balls and soul spears its not that bad honestly compared to some other DS3 bosses I can think of.
>>
>>383816587
>magic shitter in DS1 talking about strategic combat

Good one
>>
>>383817334
>I don't like DaS3 because you have to dodge attacks too much.
???
>>
>>383817583
OP here, magic is unacceptable in any souls game. This is especially true in 2 with hexes that obliterate everything in the entire game.
>>
Why do you retards keep telling yourselves that Dark Souls 2 has better gameplay, bosses, level design, etc when it's objectively wrong?
>>
>>383815908
I appreciated that shields in DaS2 didn't give you 100% physical block right off the bat. Chip damage encourages players to avoid getting into situations where they have to block and they become better as a result.
>>
>>383817829
Contrarianism.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 750x1000px
>>383809027
I think Dark Souls II is much better as well, pvp is great and the DLC is spectacular I agree, not to mention, Sir Alonne being probably the coolest boss ever.
>>
>>383809027
Not even going to read your long ass shitpost. Just dropping by to remind everyone that Dark Souls 1 is by far the best in the series. The other two don't come close, and Dark Souls 2 isn't even 1/4th as good.
>>
>>383817778
Yes. Take Vordt phase 2. 4 times he charges you with the same attack. 4 times you roll with the exact same timing. With no other option than to roll. Can't move away, can't block, can't tank. After that you can play normally again.

It's a fucking quick time event. You just need to add the button promt.
>>
>>383817829
Dark Souls 2 objectively has better player mechanics, but the enemies aren't designed to take advantage of it.
>>
File: george hitting baseball.png (299KB, 641x478px) Image search: [Google]
george hitting baseball.png
299KB, 641x478px
>>383809027
>literal garbage

Slam dunked your opinion into the trash.
>>
>>383818124

Even if that were true, it doesn't mean the gameplay isn't worse.
>>
>>383817829
It doesn't have better bosses or level/world design.
It does have better weapon variety, PvP, asthetic variety and is overall more unique and creative.

Core gameplay mechanics are purely subjective.

If you want examples just ask.
>>
File: image.png (216KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
216KB, 500x450px
>>383812752
I see you think gimmick bosses are cool
>>
>>383818109
>Can't move away, can't block, can't tank.
Have you ever actually played the game? You can literally stand still and not get hit by his charge most of the time.
>>
>>383818027
Why go on a board to discuss video games if you just shit on people discussing video games?
>>
>>383814558
Ahhh so that's what it is. Played SoTFS for the first time a few weeks ago and I felt like it didn't play like the original. Is there a fix for the sotfs version?
>>
>>383818375
>It does have better weapon variety, PvP, asthetic variety and is overall more unique and creative.
>Core gameplay mechanics are purely subjective.

holy contradictory shills, batman
>>
>>383818515
Hello, reddit.
>>
>>383818008
Sir Alonne doesn't even begin to compare to Artorias. It's the perfect no-bullshit 1v1 in the entire series where the boss doesn't have faggot ass unavoidable attacks, ridiculous shockwave attacks, pointless zoning attacks, random 1-shot kills, or infinite stamina and infinite poise even more imbalanced by the fact that they can do things like cross-map attacks with almost zero recovery time, or summon other enemies to make it harder.

It's the best plain and simple balanced and fun 1v1 that you don't have to cheese in any way whatsoever. There's no strategy for it. You just hit him and don't get hit, that's it. No "Maybe tank a hit and damage him once when he attacks because otherwise he has infinite stamina and zero recovery time so he'll probably hit you right away anyways if you try to get him when he's recovering then run back and heal" and no "wait for him to do this attack which leaves him invulnerable for 10 seconds and you can cut off the tail XD"

Perfect middle ground.
>>
>>383818691
You want to argue DS3 is not a best of Souls remix?
>>
>>383809169
Not him, but in my case, my joystick is too sensitive. It's hard to do precise attack unlike in, let's say, monhun on 3ds.
>>
>>383818515
He is discussing video games. He's saying Dark Souls 1 is the best. You're just mad because he doesn't agree that King's Souls 2 wasn't the most garbage Dark Souls game ever made.
>>
>>383809893
You greentexted all that shit though.
>>
File: Artorias.gif (996KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Artorias.gif
996KB, 500x250px
>>383818835
Artorias was fucking GOAT.
>>
>>383818448
Prove it, and I have to correct myself. You can run away from the charge if you have like no equip load.
>>
>>383818949
>GOAT
Wouldn't it be BOAT?
>>
I just played all Dark Souls 2. Nice game, I had a lot of fun and honestly I don't understand all the hate, but there is no fucking doubt this is the Souls game with the worst bosses.
> First, the majority of them are extremely easy and die with a few hits (Covetous Demon, Flexile Sentry, Royal Rat Authority, The Duke's Dear Freja, Old Dragonslayer, Old Iron King, Guardian Dragon, Demon of Song Velstadt The Royal Aegis, Vendrick, Lost Sinner). Also, they are really anonymous and bland. The Abyss Watchers, the Nameless King or the Dancer of the Boreal Valley alone are more memorable than all the DS2 bosses put together.
> Dragonrider is literally the worst boss in the series. It's a fucking standard knight enemy with more health and a smaller moveset, you can dodge all his attacks by just walking left, you don't even have to roll.
> Apparently Dragonrider was so amazing they had to copy paste him and make a second boss fight with 2 of them.
> There are 3 bosses which are literally a bunch of basic enemies in a room, with 1 or 2 slightly more powerful enemies (Prowling Magus and Congregation, Royal Rat Vanguard and The Skeleton Lords). Because yeah, after an area full of rats/skeletons, when I enter the fog I really want to fight more rats/skeletons, not a unique enemy or an epic monster. Fuck That.
> The Ancient Dragon. They had a giant, fire-breathing dragon in a really cool location and they managed to make the fight insanely boring and repetitive.
> Nashandra is literally a joke. I killed her at the second try in one minute using 2 Estus.

The only great bosses in the game are the Last Giant (really easy, but visually amazing), the Executioner's Chariot (cool gimmick, at least is something different), the Ruin Sentinels (they are the first tough boss), the Belfry Gargoyles (they're almost the same from DS1, so they don't really count) plus the ones in the DLCs.
But if we compare the bosses of standard DS3 with standard DS2, DS3 is superior by far.
>>
>>383818424
>implying dark souls 2 isn't chock full of gimmick bosses

>pursuer encounters you multiple times
gimmick
>Old dragonslayer
literally dark souls 1 boss
>skeleton lords
all the enemies!!!
>myrtha
poison everywhere unless you burn windmill
>old iron king
stage hazard: the boss
>prowling magus
all the enemies!!!
>royal rat vanguard
all the rats!!!
>dragonriders
remember that one guy? WELL HOW ABOUT TWO OF THEM LOL
>Looking glass knight
need i say more
>vendrick and ancient dragon
YO JUST GIVE THEM A FUCK TON OF HEALTH AND 1-hit KO MOVES

this isn't even all of them
>>
>>383818862

not even what i said, what the fuck

even if it is, it's still a better game. not sure why that matters ever
>>
>>383809027
>Lore
DS1>DS3>DS2
>Combat
DS3>DS1>DS2
>Art style
DS3=DS1>DS2
>OST
DS3>DS1>DS2
>Equipment
DS2>DS3>DS1
>World Design
DS1>DS3>DS2
>Level Design
DS1>DS3>DS2

Dark Souls 2 is the worst game in almost all regards
>>
>>383819283

mostly agree except OST, i think 1 still has the best
>>
I haven't played DS3, but DS2 was a bucket of shit full of problems, design flaws, an boring, easy bosses. The Old Iron King DLC was bad, too. Frozen Eloyce was pretty decent though.
>>
>>383819614

Play 3 if you liked 1 (for the lore) and bloodborne (for the combat)
>>
the actual PVE combat in dks2 is dogshit.
>lock on enemy
>all it does it make you face an enemy
>ultraGS downward smash goes way off target if you put even the tiniest input on left stick
Dks2 is a shit game but dks3 is even worse.
>>
File: dasroll.jpg (237KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
dasroll.jpg
237KB, 1280x800px
fuck DaS2, reroll thread? anyone have one of these for bloodborne?
>>
>>383819763
I don't have a PS4 yet, but that'll be the first thing I do once I get one.
>>
>>383809027
the dark souls series as a whole is better when you think of DS2 as it's own game. there's not many major lore points in it and the combat differs greatly to that of DS1 and DS3.
>>
>>383819283
>DS3 having the best combat
Boy, I sure love spamming R1.
A lot of things sucked in DS2 but combat wasn't one of those. Animations were ugly, sure, and aside from shitty bosses DS2 combat was pretty fair.
>>
>>383809583
>The DLC in DS3 is objectively ass. It feels like they took a page off of markipliers 'oh wow so hard' handbook and made the shit fucking stupid hard and not in the good way.
git gud
>>
>>383814558
Wasn't there a mod that fixed it? I don't remember the name but i used it quite a lot in DS2, not sure about scholar since it's shit
>>
>>383819283
That's just wrong.

>Lore
DS1=DS2=DS3 (It all doesn't make sense)
>Combat
DS2>DS1>DS3
>Art style
DS2>DS3=DS1
>OST
DS1>DS3=DS2
>Equipment
DS2>DS3>DS1
>World Design
DS1>DS3=DS2
>Level Design
DS3>DS1>DS2
>>
>>383819763
Play 2 for fun.
>>
>>383819283
I'd argue even the equipment was worse in DS2, since they got really lazy with the movesets. Got an ultra greatsword? Great! The only difference between it and every other UGS in the game is a slightly different 2h running R2 and a slightly different max damage.
>>
>>383820118
This. I don't get why people can't see that DS2 is a different kind of Souls, exactly like Bloodborne is different.
>>
>>383820484
>Combat
DS2>DS1>DS3

Stopped reading right there. if you think DS2 weightless and slow combat is the best you truly have shit taste
>>
File: 02f.jpg (49KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
49KB, 655x527px
>>383820484
>(It all doesn't make sense)
brainlet detected
>>
DaS2 was far more original than DaS3.
>>
>>383820705
What is dual wielding, what are full left handed movesets, what is a usefull backstep, what are logical rolling attacks, what are usefull jumping attacks, what are usefull R2 moves, what is usefull magic, what are usefull bows, what is a guardbreak, what is a delayed backstab (so glad they at least carried this over to DS3) Fuck the fall down parry though.
>>
>>383819283
>Lore
I think DaS3 should go to the bottom here since it can't keep itself consistent and is inundated with dangling references that never come through. DaS2 at least manages itself mildly better despite the terrible method by which it is conveyed. DaS1 however is definitely top dog.
>Combat
It's a bit of a tossup between all of them. If you separated them into character control and combat design then it would be clearer with DaS3>DaS1>>>DaS2 and DaS1>=DaS2>DaS3 respectively where I'm concerned.
>Art Style
DaS2 definitely belongs at the bottom here but I think DaS1 is better than DaS3 at art style despite advances in console hardware.
>OST
I think DaS1 is a bit better here but only because I think 3 is kind of forgettable in terms of music and phase change => music change isn't enough to win me over.
>Equipment
DaS2 has the biggest breadth of possibility but 1 trumps 3 in terms of how good that equipment is actually handled despite the inclusion of WA.
>World Design
3 is indisputably at the bottom here and 1 is far and away at the top. The forced progression order in 3 is a mood killer.
>Level design
On paper I agree with this only because the worst level design in 3 is still far better and less ubiquitous than the worst design in 2. 2 still has its good moments and 3 has its own problems but overall this is a ranking I agree with.

Overall I think 2 and 3 have their own merits when competing for worst game but I prefer 2.
>>
File: 1495664144622.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1495664144622.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>383820581
>>
File: Shrugsss.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
Shrugsss.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>383809027
>DS3's bosses are literal garbage half the time with only about 4 being standouts.
The lock on, is a problem, but is perfectly existent in many DS2 bosses too. And the quality of DS2 bosses are far lower. I will give you that at least DS2 didn't try to make every singe boss a fucking final boss with two phases. And playable but boring and unoriginal bosses aren't exactly a good defense.

>Weapon variety in DS2 is way WAY better.
I will give you this one, since you're right about longsword being the only actually good weapon in DS3. But DS2 still has nothing over DS1's weapon selection. The moves are too samey in DS2 and there are very few cool special abilities unlike in DS1 and DS3. The only difference is that the unique and cool weapons are actually viable in DS1 compared to DS3. Probably because of the speed of that game.

>Enemies in DS3 all have these really fucking annoying Tantrum attacks that just go on way too fucking long.
True, but not completely defensible for DS2 either. Several enemies have animation cancels and insane tracking which basically provides the same problem just in a different form.

>While DS2 makes no fucking sense in it's world layout I feel that's the point...
Okay, that's not a good argument. Saying "that's the point" isn't a good reason to not make sense. And the rest of your arguments against DS3 don't make sense either sense the game isn't great, but far more logical than DS2 which by your criteria is all that matters.

>DS3 also feels REALLY linear, like even more so than 2. I felt there was almost no exploring in the game since it sort of shoe horned you forward to areas.
Both are incredibly linear. Neither is beneficial for it. You just have a hard on for DS2 because it technically has more "areas" but most are fucking boring and lazily made.

And I'm not even trying to argue that DS3 is inherently better. I'm just saying, why play either when the better two already exist, DeS and DaS1.
>>
In this thread dark souls trash tier players
>>
>>383821409
You have to remember DS1 and DS2 were made for the same consoles. Only DS3 got the full "Next Gen" treatment.
>>
>>383821628
Want to PvP over it? Just tell me which game.
>>
File: 1494873291744.gif (3MB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
1494873291744.gif
3MB, 400x255px
>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>A third of the game is a swamp
>the game punishes invaders and encourages ganking
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>DLC has so far been shit
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
>>
>>383809169
That's not a really good excuse for them to make the camera go fucking wild when enemies attack. They could have easily programmed it to work better. They've had FIVE games to fix it. It's just like how the camera still gets fucking stuck in a wall. In Nioh (a fucking first in a series) managed to fix this easily by making the wall go transparent. Even monster hunter games do this now. No, FromSoft and Namco are just living off of the hype since they know fanbois will eat that shit up anyways and somehow fucking defend it with silly ad-hominem bullshit, so desperate are they for approval.
>>
>>383821661
DaS2 definitely suffered from the downgrade but it had its own problems.
>>
>>383820275
Not, OP and in fact I do disagree with his first post. But I've beat the shit and I still don't like it. It's just not enjoyable. They've overused this type of battle too much. It's highly repetitive and pointless. And your reward for all of it? Nothing. Nothing anywhere close to the effort put into beating these ridiculously bloated fights.

So I'd rather a more balanced experience that properly rewards the effort given.
>>
>>383820275
The fact that DSP beats it makes your ad hominem lazy and full of shit.

The point is obviously that it's just fucking boring. It's a time waster and the benefits for beating these modes? A couple of subpar weapons that still require grinding to upgrade and nothing to use it on sense everything is already dead. I mean I guess NG+ but do you really want to fight something that has HP bloat, with even more HP bloat? Yeah, no.
>>
>>383818835
I generally agree, but I don't think every fight should try for this. Every fight should be beatable this way, but you should always be able to exploit the enemy with weaknesses or some other outside tool to make the fight easier (or harder in Raime's case).
>>
>>383820118
DS2 is a spinoff from DS1, whereas DS3 is a sequel.
>>
>>383809136
>average miyazaki cocksock thinks a few paragraphs is a "novel"
>>
>>383809027

Basically, Dark Souls I is the best. Demons Souls is good, Dark Souls is good, Bloodborne is good for the first half or so. From just isn't good at sequels (not these days anyway. Haven't played Kingsfield 2-4 yet, so I don't know how they are.)
>>
>>383809027
DS3 has WAY better bosses than 2.

Everything else sure whatever.
>>
>>383809027
>After replaying both DS2 and DS3 recently I can definitively say that DS2 is the better game and experience.
Wow, how many threads we had that sterted like this? Too many
Are das2 fags THAT desperate?
>>
>>383821616

>why play either when the better two already exist, DeS and DaS1.

What about Bloodborne?
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.