[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

Why does this board hate the Switch? I don't see it as the best console around but what's with the distaste for it. Is it simply fanboyism for the competition or is there legitimate criticisms there?

Thoughts?
>>
>>383805535
I hate Nintendo's gimmick consoles with a passion.
Just make a normal fucking console with some power and I'll buy it.
>>
Nintendo is like Apple, shitty overpriced products that are sucessfull because of fanatic fans that are beyond reason
>>
There's about as many people on this board who defend the Switch with their lifes as people who hate it
>>
>>383805689
That would be a boring market tho, if the choice was just three different PC boxes that are pretty much the same.
>>
>>383805689
The Gamecube was a normal console and it sold poorly though compared to it's competitors back then.
>>
>>383806132
Nah I've only seen people hate it. In fact ive seen entire threads where people argue despite all of them agreeing on their stance on the Switch. How can you have a argument when all parties agree its silly!
>>
>>383805535
Because it's literally a mario machine, it has like 1 or 2 games.
>>
>>383806193
I'd rather have another "boring" Nintendo console instead of a half-assed handheld hybrid.
>>
>>383806336
What exactly bothers you about it tho? It plays games doesn't it? What more does it need?
>>
It's too damn expensive for what it is. The console and controllers need to be at least 25% cheaper, there needs to be a way to get the games we already bought on Wii U for a discounted price (or at all like the Virtual Console), the online is more baffling than shit I was using in the 90's, it's a giant tablet you haul around but it doesn't even have Netflix or Youtube, etc etc.

It's like Nintendo's core idea was decent and then they managed to fuck up everything else imaginable. It'll probably be worth getting in a few years but at the moment it deserves to be mocked.
>>
>>383806750
What makes you say it will be worth getting in a few years? It's not likely that they'll drop the price because then they'd make the console at a loss per unit sold so given what you said there's really no reason to get it down the line.

There's only one port currently from the Wii U that being Mario Kart. I don't think its littered with them.

Also why do you need Netflix on it when you got that at home or on your phone ??
>>
>>383806496
>Joycons
>pro controller sold separately
>32GB internal storage
>not enough games for a two-in-one system
>paid online
>voice chat via smartphone app
>no Monster Hunter

I'm just tired of Nintendo's "innovations". I want games, not gimmicks.
>>
>>383805886
so why do you think it's shitty? You didn't really answer the question.
>>
>>383807046
>32GB
My dumb phone came with 64GB internal storage.
And that was 2 years ago.
>>
>>383807046
>>no Monster Hunter

Not him but what if MHXX comes over? That's technically a MH game.
>>
>>383805689
1) Nothing gimmicky about a portable console that connects to the TV
2) Nintendo handhelds have always done better than consoles
3) Another identical PSbox won't sell well for nintendo and they know it

4)Nobody cares what you will or won't buy
>>
>>383807046
>putting in an item of a "I won't buy this" list into a "I hate this" list
>>
>>383805535
What is so hard to understand? The console is underpowered and overpriced with an even poorer gimmick than the wii. Nintendo died somewhere in the wii u's lifetime and won't recover.
>>
>>383807018
>there's really no reason to get it down the line
There's really no reason to get it now, either. You'd think a system that touts itself as both a handheld and console would have more games, though.

>There's only one port currently from the Wii U
There's at least three; Zelda, Mario Kart, and Pokken.

>Also why do you need Netflix on it when you got that at home or on your phone ??
Even the Wii had it. Why can't the Switch?
>>
Neogaf took over.
>>
File: btfo.jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
>Spend months saying that the Switch was going to dominate
>Spam /v/ with endless sales threads during the initial few weeks of success that the Switch has
>Get mad when /v/ retaliates once the Switch starts selling like shit

Chat shit, get hit
>>
File: 2983380129830912980.gif (989KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
2983380129830912980.gif
989KB, 500x279px
>>383805535
that feel when you bought a switch and don't even use it anymore because no fucking games and not even splatoon looks interesting in the least.
>>
>>383807018

>What makes you say it will be worth getting in a few years? It's not likely that they'll drop the price because then they'd make the console at a loss per unit sold so given what you said there's really no reason to get it down the line.

A price drop of some kind is highly likely. Nintendo eventually sold refurbished Wii U's on their website for $200 which was a good price. It's also worth waiting so you aren't just stuck with one or two games.

>There's only one port currently from the Wii U that being Mario Kart. I don't think its littered with them.

Zelda is a port too and Nintendo has mentioned they'll likely port more games. If I get a Switch I don't want to buy Zelda again. Sony had quite a few games that if you bought them on the PS3 you could upgrade to the PS4 version for $10 or free. When I got my PS4 I was surprised I already had Hotline Miami, Shovel Knight, and Resogun in my library without paying anything extra.

>Also why do you need Netflix on it when you got that at home or on your phone ??

Because the screen on the Switch is twice the size of my phone. Why in the world would you be okay with paying $300 for something that can clearly run Netflix but no, you have to use your phone instead because Nintendo is too incompetent to add it to their machine.

This is by far the greediest Nintendo has ever been. Some of the software is still good but I really wish more than ever I could get it on my PS4 or PC.
>>
>>383806236

And it is objectively a better console than Wii, WiiU and Switch and aged better and is remembered more fondly
>>
>>383805535
>this board
>implying this board is a hivemind

Also, most of don't Some of own own one, others are waiting for stores to have them in stock so we can get one, or otherwise are neutral towards it.

Mostly just a few assblasted Sony fans trying to make it look like it has a lot of hate, and unironically think they can do the "NOGAEMS" joke back at Nintendo when it already has more good exclusives than the PS4.
>>
as a handheld, its brilliant

as a console, I think nintendo could have stepped up their game. the dock is a horrible piece of plastic (I just noticed today that it is indeed scratched my screen protector (was the bezel, but still, wtf)). the dock should have added power to games, to bring them closer to current-gen graphics. I would have gladly taken a few second initialization (when switching from handheld/docked) instead of the near-instant thing they have now, if it meant better graphics

also no media apps/browser in this day and age is crazy. especially when it would have been perfect

I know nintendo likes to space out their releases, but they really should have brought virtual console (GCN/Wii/Wii U) asap, including with 3rd party ones. should have at least had the wii U games like metroid trilogy, xenoblade, super mario galaxy etc

oh well, I'm excited to see where it goes and I'm glad I got one at launch
>>
>>383809146
Nobody is forcing you to buy a Switch, why get mad at it? You can just choose to not buy a Switch, there's no gun to your head
>>
>>383805535
Because Sega should have won
>>
>>383809501

I'm mad because I generally like Nintendo games. I own all of their shit including a Virtual Boy. The Switch feels like a colossal rip off. Nintendo is shitting all over their fans while they just take it. I want to play Mario Kart 8's battle mode without spending a fuckton of money on a game I largely already own. I want to play Mario Odyssey without buying a handheld I don't want.
>>
>>383809501
>why get mad at it

Not him but, sooner or later, I'm going to be stuck buying one for Nintendo games. It sucks knowing the Switch is the best Nintendo can do and that it isn't going to change until next gen (if at all).
>>
>>383809917
Just don't buy it then, simple. If you feel like its a rip-off don't buy it, like how hard is it not to buy something. Just use your PC to game. You wanting to play like two games is no reason to want a system and no reason to hate it. Accept you're not gonna play them and move on with your life.
>>
>>383809295
what makes you think that the switch can emulate the Gamecube up to the WiiU if the PS4 cant even emulate the PS2?

that shit requires legit power. GCN/Wii backwards compability only worked on the WiiU because that had literal GCN/Wii parts in it.
>>
>>383810175
Don't buy the console if you hate the console why are you all acting like nintendo has a gun to your head.
>>
File: Generation 8.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Generation 8.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
The Switch is going to be the first Nintendo console to get mainline Pokemon games. That's honestly notable and something it has over all the previous Nintendo consoles, game wise at least.
>>
I don't care for it because it's just a port machine. Well, a portable port machine.

Hard to give a shit about a platform with so few exclusives. The Switch has no identity of its own.
>>
>>383805689
why not just play on PC then
>>
>>383810420
>Hard to give a shit about a platform with so few exclusives.
Worked for Sony.
>>
>>383810420
>a port machine
but Zelda is the only port right now
>>
>>383805535
>console
It's not even a console. It's manufactured with phone and handheld parts, it's just a handheld with a dock.
>>
>>383809146
Netflix is probably coming before too long. It's been a feature that came after launch on their consoles since the Wii, and Niconico (Japanese Youtube equivalent) just launched on Switch in Japan.
>>
File: 1-1.jpg (23KB, 417x268px) Image search: [Google]
1-1.jpg
23KB, 417x268px
I hate it because of three reasons:

>I hate the hardware itself. It should have all the advantages of a PC (1080p and 60 FPS standard) with the advantages of a handheld (games that cost under 20 dollars since you shouldn't be focusing on graphics anyway). But it fails at both, overcharging me for games that run terribly and already have tons of DLC and microtransactions.

>I hate the games. I will not consider something on a console good unless it's free of the cancers of the industry. That means it can't be casual, it can't have story, it can't have sex fanservice, it can't have DLC, it can't run like crap, it can't have multiplayer, it must have a good singleplayer first and foremost, and above all else, it needs to emphasize quality over quantity. That means no RPGs with game time over 10 hours. Every single one that promised that was just grinding for 50 hours

>I hate how angry the fans get when criticism is brought against it. I'm not gonna play Splatoon 2 with people who will throw a bitch fit at someone making a small criticism against Zelda or ARMS. I see enough children as it is playing TF2 and DOTA2 and LOL (and furthermore I can see why people call them ASSFAGGOTS as a genre) and I've had to all but give up that game. If they're gonna infest every other multiplayer game, then I'm not even gonna bother

So please, with this in mind, do tell me why I should support the Switch.
>>
>>383809146
> Because the screen on the Switch is twice the size of my phone. Why in the world would you be okay with paying
$300 for something that can clearly run Netflix but no, you have to use your phone instead because Nintendo is too incompetent to add it to their machine.

That's a good point, I wonder why nintendo didn't think to automatically add video streaming software on their 300 dollar tablet that you can install after the fact on your 700 dollar smartphone?
>>
>$300 console
>2 games worth playing, each is $60
>90% of already small library is shovelware or indie ports from upwards of 5 years ago
>power of a 7th gen console, if that
>flimsy/fragile console with loads of physical issues
>doesn't have a sensible controller
>more motion control gimmick garbage
>$60+ for any accessory
>biggest selling point is portability but only runs for 3 hours in portable mode playing Zelda
>one of its biggest sellers is literally Wii Sports boxing with some polish and a $60 price tag
>sold out everywhere

it takes a special kind of retard to buy this abomination. if you own a switch you're the cancer killing gaming because you're encouraging overpriced casual garbage. get off this board and promptly kill yourself.
>>
>>383810890
(You)
>>
>>383805535
I think that's because many people in this board don't own one and its easy to hate something you don't currently have.

>>383809295
That would imply that devs would have to produce two different versions of the same game in the same cartridge on the Switch. And if we assume cartridge limits are 29 GB, its simply not possible and feasible to do that with the dock.

BOTW and Kart look great when played on a console, don't see anything wrong with that, unless you want hyper-realistic graphics in your video games.
>>
>>383805535
it's easy to pick on the big guy
see also: all the shitposts about how terrible america is
>>
File: SMO_Shot_-_Red_Airship.png (721KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SMO_Shot_-_Red_Airship.png
721KB, 1280x720px
I'm waiting for the Odyssey bundle, assuming there is one. That, and only if the bundle is physical, I'd rather own the actual cartridge than have it downloaded onto the system
>>
File: Great thread.png (8KB, 563x240px) Image search: [Google]
Great thread.png
8KB, 563x240px
>>383805535
Pretty sure most of the lurkers don't hate the switch.
Just a lot of retarded shitposting by people who think shitposting makes /v/ fun
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.