[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't it dethrone Super Smash Bros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: cover_large.jpg (161KB, 526x589px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
161KB, 526x589px
Why didn't it dethrone Super Smash Bros?
>>
It spawned a really shitty ship.
>>
>>383801014
A really shitty roster.
>no Crash
>no Spyro
playstation all-stars my ass.
>>
It's not a fighting game
>>
>>383801296
Neither is Smash.
>>
>>383801239
this, also
>MGS2 Raiden skin preorder exclusive instead of default
>>
>>383801239
Seriously this, these are probably 2 of the most recognized play station characters and they're absent
>>
They didn't add any fun.
Only shit
>>
Instead of going all in and copying Smash, they went with a very mediocre KO system. That, and the roster was garbage, and the artstyle for the characters didn't mesh well.
>>
File: 12715510.jpg (55KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
12715510.jpg
55KB, 604x453px
>>383801014
>playstation all-stars
>fat princess
>>
>>383801239
I would play the fuck out of a SSB with Crash, Spyro, R&C, Jak and Sly characters. Characters from "adult" franchises can fuck off.
>>
>>383801014
Poor roster, poor competitive viability. A good sequel could fix both problems.
>>
>>383802115
but.. guns...
>>
>>383801014
clone characters
>>
>>383801014
I got the game free on psnplus, its generally an super farmfest to win and everyone online is kratos
>>
It plays worse than fucking brawl
>>
Rather than just copy Smash 1:1 it decides it doesn't want to be a knockoff while being a knockoff and opts for you attacking to gain specials that you can whiff to kill for points and have some characters have amazing ones while others play themselves. The roster isn't that great and most of the decent stuff was either cancelled or is locked behind DLC.

The special system is what put me off, it felt like I was missing kills constantly due to how short and shitty some of them would be, and how working toward the highest tier would sometimes not even net you a kill with some characters while others it was basically impossible not to get 4+ kills with theirs.
>>
It was very fun, I would buy a sequel
>>
The super only kills mechanic was completely stupid and it just incentivized to use only top tier characters if you wanted to do anything, rather than just using your favorite character and make it work.
For example, Sir Dan had shit bar gain, shit supers and his level 3 was literally the worst super in the game, even compared to level 1 supers.
>>
Just go all out in copying Smash (because frankly you're going to be called a Smash clone no matter what) and try to get a better roster (Crash, Spyro, etc).
>>
>>383801014
One hit KOs was a shitty core mechanic. Doesn't feel fair or rewarding. It's like Smash Bros being based around Final Smash attacks. Movesets and movement felt a little wonky, too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.