[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it the right time to sell rare gamecube games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

I currently have a few rare gamecube games and was wondering whether it was the right time to sell them or is the liklihood of them going up in value a posibility?

Games I have that are worth money:

Gotcha Force (Very good condition with manual)

Animal crossing (sealed condition)

Fire Emblem path of radiance (great condition)
>>
If you want the money now, sell them now. If you don't need it, then you can wait a bit more.
>>
why would anyone buy a gamecube game when you can emulate perfectly?
>>
>>383795213
Is Gotcha Force really all that rare?

My buddy bought it one day out of nowhere, we spent all night playing, then like a week later he sends me a copy saying he barely had to look.
>>
>>383796442
A good condition one will go for about £90-144

Have a look on every retail site you can find I was just as suprised.
>>
>selling Gotcha Force
I fucking love that game, no way.

THIS IS THE BIG SHOW
>>
File: GG4E08-114.png (208KB, 678x509px) Image search: [Google]
GG4E08-114.png
208KB, 678x509px
Best borg coming through
>>
>>383796412
because not everyone likes emulators.
>>
File: gotchaforce.png (545KB, 640x421px) Image search: [Google]
gotchaforce.png
545KB, 640x421px
>>383797369
Solid choice.
>>
>>383795213
I'd wait. Value can only go up if its rare.

I myself own Skies of Arcadia Legends, PSO Episode 3, and PSO Plus edition. The longer I wait the more the prices are going up.
>>
>>383795213

Generation 6 stuff is not due to pop the value bubble any time soon. Keep your rare shit anon ESPECIALLY if that Gotcha Force is complete. Definitely an expensive title that is a great game on top of being shelf fodder.
>>
>>383797770

no one is going to care about the MMOs outside of collection completionists. If SoA on Dreamcast is any indication I don't think the gamecube version is going to break the 60-75 range anytime soon.
>>
>>383797369
Command Girl is my go to 'gotta win it' borg. She's always in the last slot.

Was able to beat Sho in his first encounter my first time playing with that girl, I love her.

Flame ninja is pretty fun too. I've always found Vampire Knight against bignigs to be pretty great.
>>
>>383796412
moralfags who can't download a game because it "hurts the developers"
>>
>>383797770
>Value can only go up if its rare.

While Gamecube games haven't hit their peak yet this is not fully true for game collecting in general, there is a peak a game hits then it begins to go down with some very rare exceptions and GC games are from the era of DVD cases so getting CIB good copies is a lot easier.

If anyone wants to get into game collecting to watch their numbers go up then it's best to try and guess what is currently niche and cheap but will jump later. Shadow Tower on the PS1 is a good example, when Dark Souls hit I already knew about the Kings Field and Shadow Tower series so I nabbed them all up dirt cheap before they jumped. Shadow Tower was everywhere and going $15 NEW SEALED and now it's $80 loose copy or some shit.
>>
>>383796412
because you can't, fucking emulation meme on /v/ is out of control. Only 25% of games run perfectly

https://dolphin-emu.org/compat/
>>
>>383799518
all of the games OP listed are playable though :^)
>>
File: 1499893912133.gif (42KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
1499893912133.gif
42KB, 192x224px
>>383796412
>not wanting the authentic experience
I'm not even a moralfag, emulating just doesn't feel the same as the real thing.
>>
i got twin snakes for 30 eurobucks a few days ago
i noticed many gcn games beeing pretty expensive on ebay, like
fucking pikmin 2 for ~50
or paper mario for ~100
just when i have enough money to finish my collection
>>
>>383800035
>Paper Mario 100

Man you guys are getting fucked, it can be grabbed for 35 dollars complete Amerifat dollars for the US release.
>>
>>383797960
some gamecube homebrew hobbiest will care about PSO one day. the non plus version can be used to install homebrew
>>
>>383800214
Link?
>>
File: 1407093869887.jpg (102KB, 1140x741px) Image search: [Google]
1407093869887.jpg
102KB, 1140x741px
>>383797369
Sonic Samurai clutched me through so many brutal missions. At least 3 times now I've just barely made it through the vs. Sho and Orochi training thanks to his beautiful ass.
>>
>>383795213
To me the value of games is super low, why bother with official releases when you can pirate games on any system with a small investment. What's my motivation to spend even 20$ on a game if I can spend anywhere between nothing and 150$ to have every single game ever made?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.