[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphics are the least important part of a game.The industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2007.jpg (121KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2007.jpg
121KB, 1024x764px
Graphics are the least important part of a game.The industry pressures you to think the opposite because they are the easiest part to do well. By placing the PR emphasis on graphics, companies can constantly act like they're pushing the envelope in an attempt to distract you from the fact that their products are lackluster, uninspired, or unfinished in multiple or sometimes all other respects.
>>
>>383793402
okay
>>
>>383793402

I kind of agree. I played Morrowind, the Oblivion, then Skyrim. Each game noticeably worse just to make way for muh graffix.
>>
While I agree, what are some recent examples of the industry pressuring people? preferably not just casuals acting like it's the only reason one should play Uncharted
>>
>>383794350
I say the industry is pressuring people, but I don't mean that in a direct and pointed sense. It does happen like that sometimes, but not that commonly. Mostly what I mean is just that companies are exerting passive pressure on the consumer to care the most about graphics because they base their own PR near-entirely around them. I don't think this is necessarily even intentional, it's just because doing graphics well isn't hard compared to doing game design, soundtracks, or story well. Those all require varying degrees of real creativity and thought, while having good graphics can be achieved by throwing millions of dollars of mindless grunt work at a project.
>>
>>383795356
Right, I was expecting something like trailers (Skyrim Enhanced) or western game reveals like at E3 which start very slow and people just cheer at the graphics but not much happens in that exhibition, just slowly walking while an NPC keeps barking instructions on a linear path and the player just shows the scenery to the crowd

I also realized it's ironic that even though graphics are pushed as the most important part, games keep getting visual downgrades out the ass (cough ubisoft cough), but I suppose that's better than cut gameplay features
>>
>>383793552
This. Sad but true.
Graphics is how you win casuals
>>
>>383793402
Artstyle is far more important than graphics.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.