[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I have a quick rundown on this? Is it worth 10 euros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: sns_01_blackdesert.png (365KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sns_01_blackdesert.png
365KB, 500x500px
Can I have a quick rundown on this?
Is it worth 10 euros?
>>
>>383792430
>shitty korean mmo
no
>>
>>383792430
>good korean mmo
yes
>>
>>383792430
Pure grind and no customization gear wise.
>>
>>383792430
10 dollars and you got an mmo woth no subscription to sink your time into

its ok
>>
>>383792896
>>383792906
but is it really just all pvp? I'm not that into pvp. I mean, I enjoy it from time to time but I like to grind for shit.
>>
File: 1494566319958.gif (854KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1494566319958.gif
854KB, 380x380px
>>383792430
It's bad
>>
10 euros and no sub, sure.
Just don't expect anything particularly good. It's great as a time-killer for the first few hours when you're just discovering shit and getting used to the combat and classes. It's when you play for any longer that you eventually realize that even for an mmo there is no point in doing anything because there's no real content and most players are afk-fishing, so you only really get to interact with npcs and grind monsters.
>>
>>383792896
this

game has a weird thing where gear is mainly for stats and not for looks, and i guess you are suppose to craft or buy costumes to put over yourself to break out of the default clothing style.

there are variations, but its not that big to say your source of fashion is from your gear itself.

the game also isnt at all like recent mmos. it has no instances, so one big world and everyone is on it, and to sum it up its vindictus with all the downsides of being open world instead of hand crafted corridoors in source engine.

for 10 dollars its just fine, expect it to feel like its squeezing you to pay up some money to make it easier to play; inventory space, inventory weight, bank space, are pretty much what comes to mind. Outside of that nothing else is really mandetory unless your are a little bitch scrub. Since people occasionally sell cash shop stuff on the market, you can easily acquire any other comfort item for free.
>>
expect to drop $40 on pets unless you manage to snipe one off the marketplace
>>
>>383792430
For 10€ you get a huge open world to explore with really decent graphics. A nice combat system that relies on mastering combos, and a deep crafting/trading system (hiring worker, creating trade routes, or simpler stuff like cooking or fishing)

It'll keep you busy for a few weeks, maybe months, until you reach the soft cap where everything gets really grindish and it'll be a huge pain to gear yourself due to all the crazy RNG going on. Maybe you'll like the game enough at that point you won't mind going the extra mile.

It doesn't have to be your "mmorpg for life", there are too many promising mmorpgs on their way for that to be the case anyway.
>>
>>383792430
I got to like level 50 and I'd say no. It supposedly gets harder, but up to that point the combat is trivially easy. You can easily reach 50-60 in a few days though. There are some things that have to be bought with the premium currency and while it is technically possible for other people to offer it on the Marketplace your chance for getting any of those things is practically zero. I quit because apparently there is pretty much no PvE endgame. You just keep grinding up stats infinitely. Because all the content is so fucking easy you can't expect playing with other players either. It's pretty much a singleplayer game until you get into PvP I guess so if you're not interested in PvP then stay away.
>>
>>383792964
You can't grind players, stupid.
>>
>>383792964
its a life skill game, but if you aint life skilling you are pvp and grinding

so basically:
if you want money you either get into crafting and shit, or you just grind it out.
>lots of biches are used to grinding treadmills so they just grind infinitely and cant into crafting anything themselves.
so you have consumers with money to spend, you can shit out tools, wagons, horses, boats, etc. Whatever since these useless fags wont be making it themselves since the only thing they know how to do is grind.

it has no story, no linear single player story driven instanced dungeon content. The only two options you have is grinding/pvp or life skilling jobs.

>life skilling is gathering, processing, alchemy, cooking, horse breeding/training/taming, hunting, slave management, trading, crafting, farming.

thats pretty much your pve content right there.
>>
>>383793804
as this shitter said, if your only idea of fun is grinding and then grinding endgame dungeons repeatedly and infinitely, you probably wont like bdo.

you grind to level up and make money, but leveling up is mainly cause you cant explore the tougher regions if you aint better geared and leveled. The minimum everyone should reach is 56, but open world pvp starts at 50. The max is not set so people can push to 80 or some shit which is impossible, but i hear people have reached level 63. Basically its a soft cap where it gets increasingly difficult to level up past 55.

however hitting 56 gives you your "awakened" alternate weapon which is the game changer for all classes. Then your goal is to make money to fund gear enhancement.

if you ignore life skilling, you pretty much remove 70% of the game's content. All you got is grinding and pvp, which is what WoW babies are used to. Life skilling handles like older mmos like mabinogi.
>>
File: bdo.png (46KB, 281x172px) Image search: [Google]
bdo.png
46KB, 281x172px
>>383792430
I'd say so. I have been playing it since it came out on steam and have been having a lot of fun.
>>
File: IMG_5380.jpg (371KB, 1024x881px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5380.jpg
371KB, 1024x881px
>>383792430
>main berserker
>dunk fags and their ugly waifus all day

i think its a good garbage day simulator
>>
>>383795032
Buy yourself a boat and start taking AFK fishers outside of safe-zones for a burial at sea.
>>
File: 1488973358793.jpg (79KB, 556x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488973358793.jpg
79KB, 556x500px
personally play this game cause it functions like a mashup of mabinogi and vindictus.

feels like it is still in beta though, like they still have a lot of content that is nonexistant or bare bones.
>>
>>383794760
teach me to have fun, I got memed into buying this piece of shit for full price a month after release and I haven't even leveled anything to awakening yet
>>
>>383795324
Just get a character to level 56. It doesn't take too long on weekends with the double EXP along with the hours long 200% exp boost. Then hop in to a red battlefield and enjoy some PVP.
>>
>>383795324
i think that part of the fun is owning a home and furnishing it, mapping out the world, doing a lot of life skills in general. If you dont like the idea of harvest moon like gameplay, then bdo probably isnt gonna be fun.

most of the people ive been playing with all seem to have the same idea where bdo reminds them of older mmos cause of how modern mmos streamlined the content out and only function as grinding treadmills.

so what you get with bdo is the same old grinding for levels, money, and gear
but mow you have a nice combat system as well as the old school job system that requires a little more dedication.
>>
I heard it has some annoying resource hog DRM that you can't remove even after an uninstall

True or false?
>>
>>383796337
Resource hogging, no.
Rootkit, yes.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.