[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: mightyno9_kamiya.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mightyno9_kamiya.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
What went so horribly wrong?
>>
File: klonoa2.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
klonoa2.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>383792210
Gamers have too high level of dopamine addict pass many years
>>
The stretch goals. Making it for that many systems on release was stupid as fuck, they didn't have enough money for a full development cycle on one platform much less half a dozen.
>>
People believing the con man the creator of Mega Man when it's Akira Kitamura.
>>
Too ambitious
A small 2D game could have laid the foundation to make this a proper series, but conman was too greedy
>>
>>383792210
>produced by con man
>2.5D meme
>developed for a bajillion different consoles
>dumb dash gimmick instead of the classic Megaman gameplay everyone wanted
>terrible drawn out story and dialogue
>>
>>383792210
In terms of gameplay, they took the obstacle-course style level design of Megaman and the movement-focused gameplay of Megaman X.

So you were effectively a car with a shitload of horsepower with no room to gallop.
>>
Too ambitious for a small company with pointless crap like plans for an animated series and trying to make other Kickstarter projects at the same time. He should focus at one game for a few platforms and make it good.
>>
>>383792210
>"make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night"
Nuff said
>>
women
>>
File: 1360692673704.png (4KB, 264x234px) Image search: [Google]
1360692673704.png
4KB, 264x234px
Hiring a bunch of incompetents.
>>
File: inafune has a big ego.jpg (1MB, 3840x1955px) Image search: [Google]
inafune has a big ego.jpg
1MB, 3840x1955px
>>383792210

Cagey Inafune's massive hubris.
>>
They wanted to release it on every single fucking console available instead of just using the 4 million budget on the PC version and porting it later to current gen consoles.
>>
>>383792210
Too much stretch goals and trying to port it into too much platform, it's stupid as fuck decision.
Maybe Inafune just don't realize that his company is not as big as Capcom anymore where he can just outsource whatever to another team.
>>
Unreal engine. Inti has no idea how to use it. They still don't, which is why Bloodstained needed to hire new teams.

And too many ports and modes and stretch goals.
>>
>>383792210
>Inafune doing another fucking game
It all started with this.
>>
File: 1499727407564.png (174KB, 527x527px) Image search: [Google]
1499727407564.png
174KB, 527x527px
>The Creator of mega man has torn off the shackles of Capcom and is making a new game!
>>
File: indie vs pro.jpg (501KB, 1235x685px) Image search: [Google]
indie vs pro.jpg
501KB, 1235x685px
>Rosenkreustilette was better than MN9
>Pharaoh rebirth will probably be better than Bloodstained

Why are cheap "fan games" so much better than hyped up multi-million dollar projects.
>>
File: my sides.jpg (6KB, 230x220px) Image search: [Google]
my sides.jpg
6KB, 230x220px
>>383801550
>multi-million dollar projects
>the Kickstarter campaign for MN9 barely reached $5M
>>
Inti Creates are not good at 3D

The gunvolt beck crossover just shows it.
>>
>>383792210
That PR femminst who inserted her OC as Beck.
>>
A friend of mine unfortunately worked there. Let me break it down for you /v/.

>No programmers
Not a single person knew programming. They all just used blueprint in unreal (drag and drop) which is why the game was so simple. Level designers used Excel sheets.

>No source control
No one used git or even svn. Instead they passed around flash drives. So if something broke, it was nearly impossible to fix since they had no source history on hand.

It was a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>383801724
That's multiple millions.
>>
>>383801834
fucking hell
>>
>>383801834

Why didn't Inti have programmers?
>>
>>383801834

Is your friend working on bloodstained now?
>>
>>383801910
Might number 9 is basically what happens when a game studio undervalues programmers. They think they don't need them when they see drag and drop solutions, and by the time it's too late they've finally realized their own incompetence. Unfortunately in Japan, your boss will have a huge fucking ego and would let the company burn before admitting his mistakes.

The asshole literally said "it's the consumers fault" to the team when they confronted him about poor sales.

>>383802020
They saw drag and drop solutions (unreal blueprint) and thought they didn't need them. Friends of Friends got hired rather than looking for talent. None of the """""programmers""""" on the team have worked on anything significant before this game.
>>
>>383802189
>The asshole literally said "it's the consumers fault" to the team when they confronted him about poor sales.

Please, please, please, tell me more behind the scenes drama. I want to hear more about Inafune. H

Would you or someoen else be willing to make a full write up of the experiences? It coudl be done anonymously on a throwaway tumblr blog.

What do you think of Bloodstained? Is it having the same problems as MN9?
>>
>>383802449
Nigga I didn't work there. I've basically posted all the drama I know about already. Most of it is just typical Japanese company culture bullshit. Their entire work culture is shit and needs to be deleted.

I don't even know what bloodstained is, and I'm not sure where my friend is working now. Haven't talked to him in awhile actually, should send him a ping on steam sometime
>>
>>383802681

Bloodstained is the Castelvania knock-off Inti-Creates is working on with Koji Igarashi. Notably, Iga hired new teams, DICO and monobit to work on it half way through production. It seems that Bloodstained had the same issues as MN9, but Iga hired people who could program Unreal Engine.

Talk to your friend and tell them to make a reveal all post or two somewhere.
>>
>>383802969
Not everyone cares enough anon. It's a black hole on his resume basically. Not everyone wants attention for shit games. He should have jumped companies and he's a retard for not doing so and knows it. He only stayed because it's dishonorable or what the fuck ever to leave your company in Japan.
>>
File: his smile and optimism gone.jpg (587KB, 2206x953px) Image search: [Google]
his smile and optimism gone.jpg
587KB, 2206x953px
>>383802681

Have you seen this? It looks like Inafune was about to cry on stream. I've never seen a dev so defeated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkidg3Kxx_A
>>
>>383801724
5 millions is five times 1 million, therefore it's multi-million.
>>
>>383803114
It's his own fucking fault. Stupid hack.
>>
>>383802189
>The asshole literally said "it's the consumers fault" to the team when they confronted him about poor sales.

Why were the devs confronting Inafune?
>>
>>383803095

How do you know some Japanese dev at Inti-Creates?
>>
>>383802189
>and by the time it's too late they've finally realized their own incompetence.

They had 3 years. How did they not figure this out?
>>
It's better than nothing.
>>
>>383803581
>How did they not figure this out?
They said everyone has different learning capacity, anon.
>>
>>383792210
Genuinely good games are irreplaceable, and trying to challenge this idea does not end well, the cutscenes also took more than 20 seconds to get back to actually playing the game.
>>
>>383792210
It ultimately boiled down to poor communication and poor management of funds and resources.

Basically, Comcept (Inafune) never had any intentions of developing the game. The plan was always to pass the idea along to another company to actually make and Inafune just seemed to be pretty hands-off until problems spiraled out of control. Basically, Comcept is an "idea guy" company and much like a typical idea guy, they have absolutely no other skills like coding, asset creation, or management. All they can do is come up with a concept for a game, pay a dev to make it, and whatever happens happens. That's why Inafune opened that second kickstarter for that Mega Man Legends knockoff right after the KS for MNo9 ended. All his company does is come up with ideas so if they waited until MNo9 was actually finished before launching it, it would have meant his team would have been sitting around twiddling their thumbs for over a year with nothing to do because they have no active part in the actual development of the games the come up with.

That's me trying to make an excuse for them, mind you. Quite the opposite actually. It more just goes to show what a fucking stupid idea it is to form a company that can only produce ideas, especially when that company has no intention of following them. Inafune only stepped in when there were problems but because his lack of guidance and overall developer selection was so poor, those problems basically resulted in a lot of wasted money which is part of why he had to keep coming back for more money.

Basically, this is a lesson to us all of just what kind of company Comcept is and that we should never trust any projects with their name on them, especially if they come through kickstarter.
>>
>>383803218
Someone offhandedly mentioned it and others started asking about actual sales numbers.

>>383803514
We used to work together in Japan. I got out after a few years of working in that shit stain of a country. I wish I would have never gone. I used to love Japan.

>>383803581
Inflated egos.
>>
>>383804234

Comcept DOES have character designers and artists, so they're not 100% idea guys, but they're close. They are part of the initial "fun" part of development, where you come up with the story, design the characters. That's the initial 10% of the game. The rest if the boring, frustrating, slog of having to actually make it.

Yes, Comcept's business strategies didn't really make much sense. Inafune founded 3 separate companies, INtercept, Comcept, and Ding. Intercept was the traditional game company, but they were making Kaoi: King of pirates. And that was cancelled in 2015. So I think Inafune tried to do too much at once. Comcept should have had Intercept bundled into it, and they should have handled Mighty Number 9 internally.
>>
>>383804969
>Someone offhandedly mentioned it and others started asking about actual sales numbers.

What were the actual numbers?
>>
File: 1498263347341.png (11KB, 728x623px) Image search: [Google]
1498263347341.png
11KB, 728x623px
People had an over inflated view of him.
>>
>>383805737
Reading comprehension anon. I didn't work there. No idea
>>
File: asadanakaris.png (83KB, 448x400px) Image search: [Google]
asadanakaris.png
83KB, 448x400px
>Kimo Kimo went from working on Street Fighter and Darkstalkers to working on this
>>
>>383808039

Kimo Kimo designed Beck.
>>
>>383804969

Your friend has to be made available for an interview, even anonymously.
>>
>>383795948
it's called 'diversity hiring'
>>
>>383809147
>it's called 'diversity hiring'

The Arab feminist was the only non-Nihonese.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.