[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>9/10 I hate pity points

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (33KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33KB, 460x215px
>9/10

I hate pity points
>>
>>383786271
is this the western dragon quest?
>>
how would you rename that into something understandable /v/ ?
>>
>>383786334
Yeah it sucks dick
>>
>>383786358
>My kid died, so give me your money
>>
>>383786271
Can i play dragon cancer in VR?
>>
>>383786334

Journey to the ancient Mayo Dungeon to retrieve the Mystic Interferon.
>>
>>383786271
The game is trash, typical indie tripe.
>>
>>383786271
small parts were good, but it just drags on and on
>>
>>383786271
As someone who's lost my brother and father to cancer, I can understand trying to find some kind of closure by letting your feelings out and telling your story.

I agree, it's a shit idea for a game, and definitely has that "Oscar-bait" vibe to it.
>>
Why do these kinds of games even exist? Wouldn't just making a book or indie film give the same experience and also be held in a better light than a non-game?
>>
>>383789239
>As someone who's lost my brother and father to cancer, I can understand trying to find some kind of closure by letting your feelings out and telling your story.

Then why do they charge money for it?
>>
>>383789313
indie books and films have been playing this game for centuries

vidya is a hot new frontier and people actually read the press surrounding it, so it's easier to get attention
>>
>>383789313
those domains are already saturated with moderately capable people, so talentless retards are relegated to videogames
>>
Isn't this the guy who made a game, got upset that it didn't sell as much as he wanted, then made a film of how he made a game about his dying kid?
>>
Didn't the guy who make it get mad when people accused him of profiting from his son's death? Because everyone thought it was priced too high for a game that's just a story about how his son died of cancer?
>>
>>383786271
It does feel a bit like those "selfies with your dying grandma" kind of stupid.
>>
>>383789471
He quit his job and spent like 3 years working on the game, then got mad when he the game didn't earn him 3 years worth of wages, so he decided to also sell a "documentary" about the making of the game.
>>
>>383789471
>>383789483
cancer mind
Also anyone have sauce on this.
>>
>>383789573
as someone who actually survived cancer this game pissed me the fuck off, to a degree of sperging like an autist

that shit was cheap and hollow and so exploitative fuck that game, and fuck people who support that shit. fucking TERRIBLE
>>
>>383789176
Games that drag on, cancer
>>
>>383786358
>Numale simulator: Bazinga feels edition
>>
>>383789663
Surviving through one summer on /b/ doesn't count, anon.
>>
>>383789808
>Numales are having children, praising god, and raising stable families
>based red-pillers are jerking off to anime, being leeches to society, and lamenting everyone including themselves

hmmmm
>>
>>383789663

Perspective man. This game isn't meant for you.
>>
>>383790160
>raising stable families
Hard to raise a child who's ded from cancer
>>
>>383790225
Bury them in the backyard and plant a tree over their corpse, basically the same thing
>>
>>383790225
he has other kids who are happy and healthy
>>
>>383790197
>game about cancer
>isn't meant for people with cancer
is that why depression quest isn't meant for people with depression? cause they know it's bullshit?
>>
The major problem with this game is two fold.

1. Rather than being just a movie that explores their time that they released for free online, they decided to make a shitty game for no reason.

2. The gameplay is crap and consists of weird minigames that, because of the bizarre content of them, make the situation much less relatable. Its not "Press x to stroke your son's back as he slowly suffers from chemo side effects" its "Direct the floating space baby through the clouds while a breathless narrator quotes pseudo-poetic garbage at you like he's the narrator from bastion with brain damage".
>>
>That wyvern, autism
>>
>GAMES ARE NOT ART OR STORIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383790580
that drakonid, whooping cough
>>
>>383790197
>2deep4u
the entire thing fucking sucked and was worthless
the "game" part of it was fucking lazy af halfassed cheaply produced minigames
apologizing for something bad doesn't make it good, its shit, stop defending shit.
>>
>>383790658
Sure they can. They just have to be entertaining as well. This game is not entertaining.
>>
>>383790969
No.
That is pretty shallow statement.
Art does not need to be entertaining.
>>
>>383791015
but games do
>>
>>383791072
Elaborate with reasons if you actually want to take this further.
>>
>>383789405
This. I understand for practical reasons you kind of have to, but I remember some story about them getting all prissy and self-righteous over pirates and my sympathy practically evaporated.
>>
>>383791015
If art is not meant to entertain, then art would not exist. You aren't confusing entertainment with fun are you?
>>
>>383790160
>Numales are having children

Liberals have less children than conservative people so no

>praising god

Most of them are probably atheist or pretend to be Christian

>raising stable families

Divorce rates are higher for liberal families
>>
>>383791183
Entertain or you could say amuse.
Unless you decide to use some other meaning of the word, it is pretty clear.

Art can do more than just be pleasant to the audience.
>>
>>383791135
not him, but if the game's not fun then why bother playing it?
>>
>>383790326
Well what's his problem then
>>
>>383786271
Isn't this the game where they recorded cries of the baby in pain for the game?
>>
> ayo bitch hol up dont do anything with the babby lemme get my recorded first
> Includes real heartbreaking recordings of bobby the cancer child!
>>
>>383791356
Because you have some other reason than just finding amusement.
>>
>>383789697
Underrated
>>
>>383786271
What kind of fucking title is that
>>
>>383786358
Kid, Cancer, Profit
>>
File: 1475746812275.png (1MB, 892x634px) Image search: [Google]
1475746812275.png
1MB, 892x634px
>>383786358
My dying wife's son
>>
File: 1463517176446.jpg (79KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1463517176446.jpg
79KB, 460x345px
>>383791072
I'd say games need to be engaging. For me, playing Silent Hill isn't fun. Watching a horror movie isn't fun. But it is engaging. I don't find enjoyment of reading, watching, playing something horrific but it needs to be well told and keep me invested. It can't just be whatever under the excuse of ART.
>>
>>383790658
>THE ONLY WAY FOR A GAME TO BE ART IS TO BE STORY HEAVY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383791310
I was using another meaning of the word. What I guess would be the correct word is engaging. This game simply isn't engaging, >>383790496
explains it pretty well. The gameplay is just minigames kind of shoehorned in, which prevents it from being any form of remarkable art. A game with poor gameplay is like a movie with bad camerawork. A game is not art until it is able to weave a good story and good gameplay almost seamlessly.
>>
>>383792489
Everyone needs different things to engage with art
Video games have no one formula how to be engaging
>>
>>383789313
they failed to make it in real media so they're relegated to shitting up video games instead
>>
>>383790496
Concerning 1, it's an interesting discussion since we have cases like Tears in Heaven which was meant both as a way to mourn the kid's death but it's also a product. I don't think there's anything inherently bad in profiting from whatever way you express grief.
That being said, it still needs to be a good product if there's the intention of selling it.
>>
>>383791284
your conservative christians are the same fake fucks though. everyone is making a big joke out of it.
>>
>>383792775
There isn't a formula for books or movies either. All three have basic formulas in the sense that a book needs words, a movie needs moving pictures and a game needs to be interactive, whether its pushing one button or several. But there isn't a formula for engaging a crowd, specially when the subject matter is more personal.
>>
>>383793064
The game is interactive, in binary sense.
>>
>TFW you couldn't smother the little bastard in his crib to end his suffering
Parents are so selfish.
>>
>>383793645
They would be thrown in jail for murdering the baby, euthanasia or not. Then their other kids would basically be orphans.
>>
>>383793216
I guess I'm done arguing about this, it seems we have different views on art and won't be able to agree on this.
>>
>>383794003
Yeah it happens lot with art
>>
>>383790658
It's also for exploiting dead children :-)
>>
>>383786271
Making a game about your kid is fine if you don't profit from it. It feels shallow and greedy in an unironic "LOOK AT ME FEEL BAD FOR MEE GIVE ME MONEY" way. I feel bad for him and his kid who had to go through this, but exploiting it and turning a profit is fucking retarded. Maybe if the kid was still alive and all proceeds went to help cure him, I'd be
cool with that, but the kids already dead.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.