[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to believe.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

The graphics looks good and this is probably why Mass Effect Andromeda has such poor animations but then I see it's made by EA. I want to believe,but due to EA's reputation is it even worth spending practically $560 on this game
>>
Wait until it's out and we have unbiased reviews and videos then
>>
>>383785875
But looking at it xbox x has the specs to pull it off and things look good like they're not lying
>>
I want believe but the reputation is bad
>>
Everyone's discounting it because
>Bioware
even though critical expectations aren't that high for Destiny 2, either. Unfortunately, we don't know enough about Anthem to speculate on things any more than we already have with that trailer and the couple small interviews there's been. We have to wait a whole year before we get the game, but that could play to Anthem's favor, since people burned out on Destiny 2 and Warframe might give Anthem a shot.

I'm willing to give Anthem a legitimate chance.
>>
why is everyone forgetting that hte game is multiplat. It'll be garbage that's poorly optimized and won't look anywhere near as decent as it did because of that.

Frankly it reminds me of a competitor to destiny, with trying something procedural. If you're into the MMO scene, a game name rift is basically just WoW lite, but with unique, procedural "rifts" that make interesting content for you (that FF14 shamelessly ripped off with it's FATE system).

I just don't see anthem being very worthwhile, at the best it'll have lots of customization and okay gunplay. At the worst bullet sponge enemies and boring one note "pick archetype, pick paint" customization.
>>
>>383786551
In my opinion Bioware only screwed up once and that's with Mass Effect Andromeda I'm more focused on the EA part and seeing how this is a xbox x exclusive idk if its worth the money
>>
>>383786801
it's literally the first thing on their website. "coming to PC, xbox one and PS4". Chances are MS got some sort of timed exclusivity shit like how destiny has "exclusive" stuff on ps4.
>>
>>383786705
Anthem will be a Frostbite game. I'm not intimately familiar with the engine and how optimized it can be.
>>
>>383786986
It can be well optimized, but the arrival of the xbone x means this game will probably have focused development on it, and the pro, leaving original systems to play some sort of 20FPS stuttery jittery nonsense. It's not going to end well. It can either be a flagship game for the new powerful upgrades, or something they advertised but doesn't take advantage of said upgrades. lose-lose situation.
>>
>>383786705
>Frankly it reminds me of a competitor to destiny
That's what everyone is saying. Anthem is positioning itself to be Destiny's most direct competitor (The Division and Warframe notwithstanding).
>>
>>383787075
>positioning itself
nah, it's making an attempt to draw in marketshare, but destiny 2 is launching before anthem will be relevant, and at this point destiny 2 can just drop an expansion around anthem's release date and it'll probably cripple any sort of momentum it gained pre-release.

The only way I see anthem striking any sort of decisive blow is if it suddenly drops in the next month or something. But we all know that isn't happening, so it's going to be playing second fiddle.
>>
>lets kill off our population scifi IP to create another IP that looks just like it

this crap should have been the softreboot andromeda was supposed to be
>>
>>383786915
Well seeing how it was on the xbox e3 and them saying like "oh all games here are exclusive and we'll bring you much enjoyment for half a grand"
>>
>>383787274
Anthem has been in the works for the past four years. After the embarrassment that was Andromeda, I'm not surprise Mass Effect is (temporarily) put on ice while Bioware throws its full weight behind Anthem.
>>
>>383787279
that doesn't mean anything. all their "exclusives" were on PC too, and that literally means it's not exclusive. you can't be on mutliple fucking systems and exclusive.

They just got, like I said, some sort of exclusivity for DLC/content i'm almost certain. EA wouldn't want to lose out on potential money by not launching it on the larger more successful console of the generation. EA has tons of exclusivity deals on xbox anyway with that ea vault or whatever it's called, and the madden games being run at "tournaments" exclusively on xbone.
>>
File: 1499836961426.png (3MB, 1980x1238px) Image search: [Google]
1499836961426.png
3MB, 1980x1238px
>>383785703
It's basically a coinflip nowadays that decides if an "AAA" game is gonna be good or a trainwreck.
>>
>>383787346
They put the B Team on Andromeda knowing that even if it was a pile of shit which is was, people would still flock to buy it because of the name.
>>
>>383786986
I can max out all Frostbite like BF4, Battlefront on a 290 and get 80+ fps.
Andromeda is the only unoptimized Frostbite game there is, so EA will probably fuck Anthem up as well.
>>
>>383787439
Why do we live in a time where it's AAA or Indie, there's never an inbetween anymore.
>>
File: 1479736609307.jpg (45KB, 494x506px) Image search: [Google]
1479736609307.jpg
45KB, 494x506px
>>383785703
>bioware
>>
>>383787574
Good example but why did she make that her profile picture
>>
>>383785703
>the graphics

It takes real fucking skill to fuck up Frostbite
>>
>>383787678
Not really no just saying my opinion
>>
>>383785875
>bioware
>unbiased reviews

Oh, you poor sweet summer child...
>>
>>383787529
japan does pretty good AA
>>
>>383786801
You obviosly werent around for mass effect 3, or DAI, or old republic, or DA2...
>>
>>383787834
ok so?
>>
>>383787767
Magazines and big-name websites aren't the only places to get reviews, anon
>>
>>383787879
>bioware only screwed up once
You are wrong, is what he's saying. Bioware are AAA fuck-ups. Part of the reason /v/ hates (loves) them is because they are a constant source of hilarity.
>>
>>383785703

They'd better have a Dead Space Rig style armor there.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.