[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Worth playing?
>>
Nah
>>
played it on an xbox 360 when i was 14 or so and had a great time

i fondly remember those days
>>
>>383783639
Yes, but only with mods to fix the level scaling and the Mage's Guild if you're a Mage.
>>
It's worth playing for the memes. The game is bad though so don't expect to play it for long.

>Friends of mine, mostly people on Xbox Live, got all guidance counselor-y and tried to tell me that the story is the last thing you want to appreciate about Oblivion. Said one guy, “Like, I played for like sixty hours before going into my first Oblivion gate, dude.” What do you do for sixty hours, apparently? You harvest berries, or mushrooms, grind elements with your Novice Mortar and Pestle so that they show up as fatigue-curing items in the tools tab of your inventory, or take side-quests, or join the Shadow Guild and make your pretend self become a pretend pretend assassin. This would be great, except: I don’t like playing Oblivion. It’s not fun. The collision and physics are sketchy as shit. You get on your horse and ride, and it just feels like it’s hovering above the world. You can ride down a mountainside and it feels like you’re getting a bad blowjob from a weeping girl in broken braces on a bumpy escalator. There’s this weird, frigid disconnect between the player and the world and the controller. At least the 360 version has rumble, though you know what? It’s not timed right. The rumble should hit with the sound of the horse’s hooves hitting the ground. Instead, it’s just some even rhythm. It’s jarring and weird.
>>
>>383783639
No, art style was never good and hasn't aged well. Combat is bad like all TES games. Leveling is flat out broken. If you're a huge nerd well then the world building is shit. Environment variety is either rolling, grassy hills or oblivion.
>>
File: 1492073427942.jpg (69KB, 617x456px) Image search: [Google]
1492073427942.jpg
69KB, 617x456px
>>383783781
>fix (...) Mage's Guild
>>
>>383783930
Or replace it all together,if you think it is irredeemable. Mages need a quest-line.
>>
yes its literally one of the best games ever made. took some steps backward from morrowind, but also some steps forward as well.

you should get get an overhaul mod to fix the levelling though.
>>
File: 7 YEAR OLD REBEL.jpg (103KB, 621x559px) Image search: [Google]
7 YEAR OLD REBEL.jpg
103KB, 621x559px
>>383783913
I have played and modded Oblivion for hundreds of hours and I've never met Martin Septim in-game.
>>
Nope. It's just not fun. Fallout 3 was better.
>>
>>383783639
I remember this game blowing my mind when it came out, I bought my first gaming PC for it. Don't know how well it has aged though.
>>
man oblivion is already over 10 years old and Skyrim is nearly 6.
>>
>>383785910
kill me my man
>>
>>383783781
The problem is that there aren't any level scaling mods outside of the shitty overhauls. There are no standalone level scaling mods. If you want to fix the most broken part of the game, you have to play with all these unwanted, garbage combat "enhancements" and lore-breaking weapons added.
>>
>>383786285
Francesco is pretty tame.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.