[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else play DCSS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: serpentine.png (21KB, 560x312px) Image search: [Google]
serpentine.png
21KB, 560x312px
It's a good game I think. Much better than most of the ones that cost money these days anyway.
>>
Maybe I'll pick it up again when 0.D releases
>>
Played it to death.
Ascended a bunch of times.

Give me a call when they ADD content, instead of removing it.
>>
>11 INT
>Turn Brainless anyway
>Drink Potion of Brilliance
>Still Brainless
>Potion of Restore Attributes removed from the game
>Ring of Sustain Attributes removed from the game
>Can't read scrolls because Brainless
>Literally can't do a single thing
>Die

Great game.
>>
>>383782459
I play it at work when nothing else is going on

>>383782608
tell me your secrets.

I was trying Minotaur/Orc Fighters of Okawaru or Trog for a long time

Did pretty decent with Vampire Enchanter(as in I got to Zot but got fucked by a wandering mob who wandered into the fight I had handled.)

I've been fucking around with the new riposte mechanic, dodgy/casty dragons that dodge and poke.

>>383782697
shits gay, they keep balancing around those dudes who can do 10 ascensions in a row.
and I think gammafunk or whoever has a fetish for removing content and adding weird african creatures he finds on wikis
>>
DCSS used to be good until a couple of years ago where the new devs decided they hate fun and from then forth have endlessly taking out anything that they don't like which just so happens to include most of the things that made the game what it was.
>>
File: dungeon crawl stone soup.png (70KB, 952x501px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon crawl stone soup.png
70KB, 952x501px
I played a little
my ultimate goal is chei fanatic and greaterplayer
i'm only playing when I have a certain mood (autism attack) so I haven't played in a while.
>>
File: MuMohammed Ali.png (33KB, 203x174px) Image search: [Google]
MuMohammed Ali.png
33KB, 203x174px
give me a combo to play

hard mode: no mumo
>>
>>383783308
Demonspawn Wanderer

someone give me one
>>
>>383782813
if you can't ascend as a mifi oka then you have fundamental flaws in your playstyle

tabbing is addicting
stop tab
autoexplore is dangerous
stop fighting things you're not 100% sure you can beat
use wands of digging to create killholes where only 1 monster can see you at a time

unless you're playing a meme race like naga you move at the same speed as almost every enemy in the game
so what do we do when you're not sure you can kill the guy?
e(v)oke feet and walk the fuck away you bozo
>>
>>383783743
I must kill everything. Always.
I autoexplore every floor to completion
I kite enemies around pillars for MP or I drag them upstairs to 1v1 them

also I use axe and tab through crowds, this doesn't get me killed so often as I have figured out the enemies I can safely murder in groups

I carry around a blunt weapon to hit Hydras. They also must always die.
>>
>>383784064
shit son you crazy
calm down
fuck
>>
>>383782459
Is this a roguelike thread? roguelike thread. Do you recommend Cataclysm DDA to someone who's only played Stone soup and TOME so far?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>383784281
YOUCALMDOWN
YOU
YOOOUUUUUUU

Should I just go full STR?
If I go Plate is it worth it to ever level dodging?
Magic is for plebs
right
magic is for plebs
mmhmmm
>>
>>383784446
level int if you ever want to cast spells
if not, disregard

get str up to counter armor encuberance
then pump dex for dodging
yes you need dodging even if you're wearing plate armor and you're a fat cowdude
no equipping a shield does not mean that you do not need dodging, everyone needs dodging.

everyone

>but -2 apt!
>but heavy armor!
you need dodging
i'm not saying focus on leveling dodging, but you will have to get it at some point
>>
>>383784386
I wouldn't recommend C:DDA to anyone. Brogue is a fun and accessible roguelike, though you should note that accessible does not mean easy. Sil is also good and is probably more similar in gameplay to DCSS than Brogue.
>>
>>383784667
>I wouldn't recommend C:DDA to anyone
why? it looks cool. It's because it's really difficult? I don't mind difficult that much.
>>
>>383784625
thanks, I needed to know
>>
>>383784806
It's because it's really shallow and boring. Then again that's only my opinion and plenty of people like it. If you think you'll like it you should play it, it's free after all.
>>
>>383785007
What would you reccommend for someone who's got bored by fantasy?
>>
Mnoleg did something very odd. He kept summoning summoners that summoned until the screen was just a big pile of monsters.

But then he started moving AWAY from me. What the FUCK.
>>
>>383785258
Infra Arcana maybe? Lovecraftian themed roguelike, which may still come under your definition of fantasy I suppose. You run around shooting zombies with sawn-offs and throwing around molotovs while going insane. Has neat sound effects too, which is unusual in a roguelike.
>>
>>383785258
FTL
>>
>>383783723
OpMo
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.