[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest thoughts on Dark Souls 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 524
Thread images: 94

File: DSII_E32013_16.jpg (343KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DSII_E32013_16.jpg
343KB, 1280x720px
Honest thoughts on Dark Souls 2?
>>
Not as good as the others but still a solid video game.
>>
its fun
>>
Fun boss.
>>
>>383780218
I like it, played it right after DS1.
Actually had a lot of fun with it.

I like it more too.
>>
>>383780482
/thread
>>
Haven't played it.
>>
>>383780218
I liked the graphics and the movement, if the game design wasn't so shit sometimes it would have been a pretty good game.
>>
>>383780218
Had some really fun ideas, but mechanically weaker than 1 and 3
>>
Dear From software:
YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF IT'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my poo poo in handfuls at the loving television in some impotent primal effort to get the thing to work. I have been sitting here trying to enjoy your product - YOUR PRODUCT, YOUR GAME, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN DEVELOPER AND CONSUMER THAT THE CONSUMER WILL ENJOY YOUR PRODUCT - but instead the drat thing's been crawling out of the console and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to the console through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your QA or testers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT signs your games through thought that a person with more than a single loving digit IQ could enjoy Iron keep. INSULTED.

WORK WITH ME HERE: The goal's simple enough! Clear the area! Hey, that's fine, it's just like playing Dark souls 1; not a problem! Only deal is your cross-eyed team of tongue-slapping wunderkind decided to give the game every single loving advantage possible TO THE GAME rather than me.

How in the gently caress does Alonne knighs - whose armor is the heaviest and lamest piece of poo poo next to the Turtle knights - suddenly become SO loving GOOD that they can run faster than the player without dropping a single sweat? Huh!? Why!? You would never see these shitheads anywhere near a normal game. BUT HO HO HO THIS TIME THEY ARE MEGA-COCK, THE FASTEST enjoyable human beings IN THE WORLD. 1.21 GIGAWATTS MARTY, LET'S GO BACK TO THE loving FUTURE.

But it's not just Alonne knights with the magical powers, it's the entire loving area! THEY'RE ALL FASTER THAN YOU. AND DON'T REQUIRE ANY STAMINA.
>>
>>383780880
But but but I of course, am still using some piece of poo poo hamster-powered jalopy character who guzzles it's entire stamina bar in no less than four loving swings! Add to this the entire area just got shitted on by some retarded space tiki volacano god and you've got a course full of hazards that'll drain at least 1/4 of your HP bar JUST BECAUSE IT CAN. WHOOPIE.

HURRR, you say. THAT'S JUST THE CHALLENGE. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY. Well gently caress that noise, you lopsided frankenfaced fuckfurter.

Tell me, please, why does the GAME have to win? Huh? What happens when the game wins and I lose? Is there some huge loving kegger waiting for it when it gets done? Is there money involved? Or perhaps the motives are more sinister. Maybe the game's family is being held hostage by another game and that game has it's cock in Dark souls 2's wife's mouth and he's holding a cell phone up to her and Dark souls 2 can hear her pained moans and cries for help and the rear end in a top hat game then says, "You beat that cock-sucking human, or I'll blow her brains out." I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.

It's not any fun if I can't win, you faggots. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of poo poo weapon you have hidden away from me so I can start killing and get pissed off with that too. When your game prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your loving mission to deliver a game. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and loving DIE DIE DIE.
>>
>>383780218
shit
>>
>>383780218
Gave it an honest try after I finally got around to getting through Dark Souls, and could not keep myself interested enough in it to continue. I've been considering maybe taking another shot at it, but I can't talk myself into it just yet. I keep hearing SotFS improves on a lot of things, is it worth giving that a shot if I couldn't keep interested the first round, or would I just be wasting my time?
>>
>>383780218
it's the middle child. it's not as good as 1 or 2.
>>
>>383780218
It was fun watching DSP fight the Mirror Knight with his lightning spear cheese build.
>>
i like it once i get a build going. the start is always rough for me.
>>
>>383780218
I don't like it and I don't like the shitflinging its autistic fanboys cause over debating which sequel is better
>>
>>383783101
IMO SotFS does not improve the game at all, rather it demolishes what little was good about it

>enemy placement, from ok-ish to fucking all over the place. more ogres, for example, in the earlier areas
>enemy numbers, you are getting swarmed left and right at any time
>the burning head that pops up and that's supposed to represent the first sin is just stupid

I think it comes down to the dev's not knowing what made the first one good, and thought more and harder enemies = better and harder game
>>
File: 1496076020622.jpg (230KB, 1080x941px) Image search: [Google]
1496076020622.jpg
230KB, 1080x941px
>people shit on DaS2 for having too many big dudes in armour boss fights
>most popular boss fights in DaS3 are big dudes in armour

>people shit on DaS2 for being "too linear"
>DaS3 is a literal corridor in terms of world design

>people shit on ancient dragon for having bloated HP and damage
>yet praise Midir

>people shit on DaS2 for having "forced" fanwank callbacks in the form of Old Dragonslayer and le praise le sun
>DaS3 has both of these exact things and shits out a fanwank homage at every turn yet the response is "Muh feels! Who else cried manly tears when Gwyn's theme started playing???"

>people shit on DaS2 for being downgraded visually
>fine with DaS3 looking nothing like the leaked screens and looking notably worse than BB

I don't even think DaS2 is a particularly good game but it just goes to show how you retards are quick to ignore a Souls games faults when Le Based Miyahaki is listed in the credits.
>>
>>383780218
Fun flawed game, worth what you pay for it
>>
>>383780218
Easily the largest game of the series, although not as good as the others. Comparatively weak boss, enemy and world design. Widest variety of possible weapon setups thanks to power stance. Good PvP. Shit final boss compared to DaS and DSIII.
>>
>>383783769
>>enemy placement, from ok-ish to fucking all over the place. more ogres, for example, in the earlier areas

You have no idea what you're talking about. When is the last time you played vanilla? Heide's is given two-fold depth with its knights becoming hostile after Dragon Rider is dead. Dragon Shrine actually reflects the nature of its namesake covenant. The Catacombs has enemies performing rituals--in vanilla it was twin shield knights literally placed in the corners for no reason other than tryhard design.

And there's one fucking extra ogre in forest of fallen giants, and he keeps to the river, teaching the player about aggro ranges, knowledge of which carries all the way to Sunken King and back.

>>enemy numbers, you are getting swarmed left and right at any time
The level design is full of choke-points to counter balance the ambushes.

>>the burning head that pops up and that's supposed to represent the first sin is just stupid
I agree, but I still think you're a shitter.
>>
>>383780218
convinced me to stop playing souls games
>>
>>383780218
Good game, mediocre Souls game.
>>
>>383784259
I literally don't care what you think m8. I've discussed these topics several times with other people and've reached the same conclusion every time. The guy asked for my opinion and I gave it. The game, compared to it's vanilla counterpart, is severly imbalanced and flawed.

>Heide's is given two-fold depth with its knights becoming hostile after Dragon Rider is dead.

Literally a retarded and cheap gimmick. All it gives you is a quick death when you go through it next time, not knowing that they're hostile now. And since you don't need to pass through it again unless you want to kill Ornstein, it doesn't matter.

>Dragon Shrine actually reflects the nature of its namesake covenant

According to you. A subjective point, at best.

>The Catacombs has enemies performing rituals--in vanilla it was twin shield knights literally placed in the corners for no reason other than tryhard design.

This I can agree with, absolutley.

Furthermore, the game, just like DS3, gives you the warp ability waay to early, which makes the level design suffer massivly compared to DS1.
>>
It all just looks so dull. We could have had E3 lighting, instead we got a game with completely flat visuals.
>>
>>383783972

That isn't the same. DS2 put fanservice in there in a way that made no fucking sense. Like, what the fuck was the point of Old Dragonslayer where he was? Or any of the old weapons for that matter, since its a completely new region.

At least in DS3 the placement of motifs from the first game make sense, like the Soul of Cinder being similar to the Lord of Cinder and so on
>>
>>383784639
>>383784259
I forgot the mention the fucking ogre.

>And there's one fucking extra ogre in forest of fallen giants, and he keeps to the river, teaching the player about aggro ranges, knowledge of which carries all the way to Sunken King and back.

I'm going to compare him to the first BK the player encounters in DS1. In DS1, the BK, although tough, is beatable, even by a player with bad equipment and knowledge of his movement.
You can climb up a ladder and avoid him.
He is at the end of a corridor which demands you've killed all other enemies to get to him, making the fight with him a 1vs1, and he is overall a fairer, although difficult for first-timers, fight.

The ogre is literally a walking tank. You can't backstab him, he has a shit-ton of HP, he deals massive damage to almost anyone. He is surrounded by other enemies. That bullshit about "aggro-range" is just that, bullshit. I've seen so many people accidentally aggro him and get swatted by him and the crowd of undead. He is only placed where he is to fuck with the player, not to teach them about anything.
>>
>>383784998
meant

> and Without knowledge of his movement.
>>
File: 1486653023923.jpg (332KB, 1531x887px) Image search: [Google]
1486653023923.jpg
332KB, 1531x887px
3 = Bloodborne > 2 > 1 > De
>>
File: 1497917437708.png (84KB, 340x288px) Image search: [Google]
1497917437708.png
84KB, 340x288px
>>383784998
>ogre harder than BK
I've never seen anyone reach this hard to shit on 2 before, good job
>>
>>383784852
>DS2 put fanservice in there in a way that made no fucking sense.

Yet Anor Londo being where it is makes sense?
Patches and the blacksmith surviving thousands of years makes sense?
Siegmeyer having some long lost twin with the exact same armour makes sense?
The Stormruler, a weapon designed to allow melee characters to hit an aerial target, being used in the fight with Yhorm makes sense?
>>
>>383780218
best game in the series
>>
>>383784852
>major plot point is king vendrick raiding lordran and bringing a bunch of cool toys back
>"wtf why is there stuff from ds1 here?"
>>
>>383780218
matthewmatosis told me to dislike it so I do
>>
People judging a Ruby for not being a diamond. Its a great game.
>>
File: Stabbed The Fucker.jpg (85KB, 625x562px) Image search: [Google]
Stabbed The Fucker.jpg
85KB, 625x562px
>>383780218
Good game but the weakest in the series. Has a lot of cool concepts but just needed to flesh them out a bit better.
>>
>real dual wielding and power stance
>first half is very open and can be tackled in almost any order
>drastically improved bonfire placement
>hexes
>rats and bellbros are the best pvp covenants in the series
>champion ring
It wasn't perfect by any means but to call it shit is to ignore all the great stuff they added
>>
File: 1442618454758.png (236KB, 537x608px) Image search: [Google]
1442618454758.png
236KB, 537x608px
Objectively the best in the series thanks to pic related
>>
>try tongue but hole
>>
Art direction was pretty weak and everything just felt loose.
Still decent though I'd give it a 6.5/10
>>
File: 1499771860714.jpg (1009KB, 2277x3483px) Image search: [Google]
1499771860714.jpg
1009KB, 2277x3483px
I like it simply for the costume.
>>
A decent game with some substantial problems that makes it fall short of its predecessor.
>>
>>383780218
Being a cleric was much better in this game than any other souls.
Otherwise it feels to disconnected, and none of the characters are that likable or interesting.
>>
File: 1499763224437.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1499763224437.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>>383786406
>Not a single NPC invader even close to him in 3
But why
>>
>>383787175
Him and Thomas were fucking great
I don't remember any good NPC invader fights in 3. Or even any at all for that matter, apart from one by Hodrick halfway through the settlement, and that wasn't very challenging at all.
>>
>>383785429
I found ogres much more difficult than BKs. But that's mainly because of the retarded hit box bullshittery of 2. Once you learn the moveset you can very reliably dodge or parry BKs, and everything they do can be blocked. Ogres will chomp you when you thought you were well clear of them.
>>
PvE was shit. PvP was actually fun. More variety.
>>
>>383787391
i enjoy the Kirk and Heysel fights a lot.
>>
Second best in the franchise.
>>
>>383780218
I found it to be the weakest game of the entire souls series with DLC so bad I never beat it
>>
>>383787576
DeS is easily the worst, it has total garbage bosses.
>>
>>383787391
summoned Hodrick in crucifix wood is the second best npc invader fight in the series.
>>
I'm going to do a new playthrough of this soon, what's a fun weapon I should use?
>>
>>383780218
Actually my favorite dark souls. The huge amount of possible builds makes for the souls game with most replayability. But the game is completely dependent on its DLCs.
>>
>>383780218
Worst in the series but not BAD.

also the easiest in the series
>>
>>383780218

SotfS is the best game in the entire series, in my opinion.
>>
>>383787714
No, that's Demon's Souls.
DS2 is the hardest in many respects, except for the starting areas.
>>
>>383780218
Best Souls game. I'll just get the fuck outta the thread to avoid stress now.
>>
>>383780218
It was okay. As a ds game it was shit but as a king game its goat
>>
>>383783705
You got it backwards. It's DaS1 fans doing all the shit flinging.
>>
>>383787691
ladle
unupgraded
>>
File: 1471462029788.jpg (26KB, 481x291px) Image search: [Google]
1471462029788.jpg
26KB, 481x291px
>>383787872
DS2 is a better souls game than DS3
>>
>>383787627
I found it to be better than DaS2.

I also never bothered touching SotFS
>>
>>383787812
DaS2 is a total joke outside of its DLC.
>>
>>383780218
trash
>>
>>383780218
scholar is the best souls
>>
>>383780218
Okay action adventure but lacks the quality of the other games.
>>
>>383788025
Your chart of 3 does not account for how you can access Lothric castle from the High Wall right at the beginning.
>>
>>383785662

Lel.

>Yet Anor Londo being where it is makes sense?

Yes. New societies being built on the remains of the old is a common motiff in the series.

>Patches and the blacksmith surviving thousands of years makes sense?

Sure. Patches even eventually goes hollow.

>Siegmeyer having some long lost twin with the exact same armour makes sense?

All knights from that region wear the same armor and have similar naming conventions.

>The Stormruler, a weapon designed to allow melee characters to hit an aerial target, being used in the fight with Yhorm makes sense?

Now you're just hating fun.
>>
>>383780802
It had worse graphics than 1.
>>
>>383780218

My main problem with Dark Souls 2 were the uninteresting locations, the ass animations, the bad textures, and the slow, unresponsive controls.
>>
>>383788617
>Yes. New societies being built on the remains of the old is a common motiff in the series.

Except it's not even ruins, it's literally perfectly preserved Anor Londo main building with a couple of smashed windows and shit over the floor. Not to mention Catarina has somehow been around all 3 games completely untouched based on the fact their culture literally hasn't changed in the slightest all this time.
>>
>>383785662
Do you even pay attention?

They tell you several times that the "transitory lands converge" and that time is distorted.

It's different timezones clashing into each other do to the world coming to an end.
That's why all these mythical figures and places appear at the "same time".

Lothric being in this place makes sense because it had been there in the past and later they built Irithyll in it's place.

It's consistent within it's setting,
while the ladder to the lava palace just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>383780218
My favorite game in the series and I'm very glad BB and 3 are out so contrarians can hate them instead.
>>
>>383780218
not as good as DS1, but better than 3 and BB at least. The biggest problems with the game is the on-the-nose intro (lel u will die a lot lul) and that they pussied out with the lighting, the default without a torch is way too bright. If you actually use torches in the darker parts of the game it really looks so much better, but since you don't need them nobody ever actually does this.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 883x341px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 883x341px
I remember playing it, but I just don't remember anything else about it.
>>
>>383789002
The only contrarian opinion is that DS2 is as good as, let alone better than, the other games.

It's clearly the weakest title both in quality as well as presentation.
>>
>>383788908
>preserved main building
Yes, that's what happens when an eldritch horror makes it his home base long ago and then it's elevated high above everything else in area that's accessed by one staircase. >Catarina unchanged
Siegward is an ashen one, he could be from centuries long ago. Do we have any modern catarina knights in the game?
>>
>>383780218
Best in the series hands down
>>
>>383788908

There are two possibilities as to why it is so well perserved. First, Pontiff Sulyvahn, interested in taking the power of the Gods for himself, kept it up/perserved it as a symbol of his authority when he enshrines Aldritch in the main hall. Second, it converged with Irithyll, which built on top of it.

Also, we don't know the status of Catarina. Every single person from there that has been revealed is undead.
>>
>>383789161
siegward was from the same era as yhorm
>>
>>383780218
>uninteresting, haphazardly strung together locations with no coherency
>about 3/40ish base game bosses are even decent
>feels as though character is moving through mollasses
>soul memory
>no full eye orbs
>barley any npcs do anything; most just sit in majula after arriving
>adp
>>
File: 1499885522497.jpg (70KB, 848x941px) Image search: [Google]
1499885522497.jpg
70KB, 848x941px
>>383780218
I wasted 500 hours pvping in it and I have nothing to show for it, besides being very good at killing braindead players (99% of the community)
>>
>>383788908
>>383789161
>>383789197
You guys don't pay attention either.

People and places travel trough time/dimensions.
It's a classic fantasy trope.
>>
>>383789328

I literally said that, anon.
>>
>>383788970
>>383789328

>They tell you several times that the "transitory lands converge" and that time is distorted.

Yeah, they give you a shite handwave to justify Anor Londo being in this game for literally no reason beyond nostalgia wank

>le flow of time is convoluted

Naw, fuck off. This was used to handwave the multiplayer making zero in-game sense like it did in DeS. It was never meant to be used as an actual explanation for major events.

>while the ladder to the lava palace just doesn't make any sense.

Using your logic, we can simply say that the flow of time shits the bed while you're taking the elevator and you're in it for so long that a volcano has been pushed where the windmill previously was.
>>
>>383789219
Right, and we don't no where in the timeline Yhorm comes in
>>383789328
>Writing it all off as a "fantasy trope"
There's an internal consistency if you pay attention, it's what most souls game try to do barring some exceptions
>>
>>383784998
>You can't backstab him, he has a shit-ton of HP, he deals massive damage to almost anyone.
He has two attacks and can easily be beaten by anyone with patience.
>>
I'm playing through it right now and I'm having fun. but man fuck the Iron Keep and fuck the Smelter Demon
>>
I like it the most in the series. The slower pace suits the introduced combat mechanics much better, plus there's proper and interesting dual wielding mechanics, on top of plenty armour having special effects. The only bad thing I can get from the top of my head is the retarded souls memory mechanics.
>>
>>383784998
You are just fucking trash.
>dont fucking lock on, space the fat tubby cunt
>bait out the ass slam
>kill other enemies in the mean time (they die in 2 fucking hits lmao)
B-BUT I H-HAVE TO F-FIGHT MORE THAN 2 ENEMIES AAAAAAAAAAA FUCK THIS GAME
>>
File: playtime.png (524KB, 712x523px) Image search: [Google]
playtime.png
524KB, 712x523px
post 'em
Got maybe ~30 hours in BB since i couldn't be arsed to replay it, haven't played enough Demon Souls to have an opinion on it.

I'm not sure if it's just the novelty of these games running out or if they just get worse with each one they make, but so far my enjoyment really follows the order of release (except maybe for DS3 and BB, not too sure which one i think is better there)

I might be that the sense of adventure i got from DS1 diminished in DS2 when i already knew a lot of the conventions from 1, and completely dissapeared in 3 and BB because they didn't even really try anything new.
>>
>>383788598
yes it does, it's the second branch on the right
>>
>>383780218
DLC is the best stuff in the series.
Base game is pretty weak though
>>
>>383789645
can't take screenshot on phone
>203 hours in das1
>502 hours in das2sotfs
>158 hours in das3
All of the games are great, I'll play DeS and BB one day.
>>
>>383789426
just this. Nothing else, just this.
>>
>>383780218
It's shit
>>
>>383789645
>BB
>didn't really try anything new
>>
>>383789820
>>383789645
Also, i'll add that DaS1 itself offered very little new things over DeS.
>>
>>383789645
>98 hours in Des
>250 hours in Das 1
>148 hours in Das 2
>Currently playing Das 3 for the first time, around 80 hours rn
>173 Hours in Bloodborne
>>
>>383783972
If it makes you feel better I think both are shit
>>
I found it the funnest in the series. Not the most well designed mind you, but the funnest, and that's due to the pvp.

God I fucking loved it. The grand lance with hidden weapon, powerstancing either blue swords, lances, or the dorito swords, and literally everything about the chicken wing. Maxed out bellbros and wretched up in no time. I have the nobonfire illusionary ring right now, and I'm going for the no death one for the other to powerstance invisible chicken wings.

DS3 has NOTHING on the amount of fun you can get in DS2.
>>
>>383789820
it really didn't, in the broad strokes it's just another souls game, and the particulars are mostly streamlined and reduced in scope. The game never really surprised me or made me think about how to proceed etc, which is what i really liked about DS1 and DS2, if i ever get to try Demon Souls more i hope that it's different enough that i can get that again.
>>
>>383780482
agree
>>
File: 1209023396281.gif (6KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1209023396281.gif
6KB, 350x350px
>>383780218
Black sheep of the series that gets too much hate.
>>
>>383789645
over 100 in ds1
ds3 like 120-140
and ds2sotfs only 40

only pve, no pvp. Getting all the achievments made this shit high and on ds3 there arenĀ“t even any dlcĀ“s. I already played ds2 ng+ with dlcĀ“s thanks to pirating.

DS1>2>3.

I will buy a ps4 this year and play bloodborne.
>>
>>383789426
Are you stupid? This was part of the story since Dark Souls 1.

And no, it doesn't fly for the lava place because in the other games everything still makes sense in a geographical way while the lava palace is just held in place by the world's strongest ladder.

>>383789458
I literally said that it's consistent within it's narrative one post earlier.
>>
>>383780218
I spent about 90% of the game at 75% HP, to this day I still cannot fathom what the point of that mechanic was.
>>
It's fine in its own right but that just means it should have aped the original Dark Souls less.

I would gladly take a sequel to DS2 if it manifests its own identity.
>>
I like it a lot, the only thing that kills a lot of it is how sinfully ugly it is in places. Dark Souls II's aesthetic never really jived with me to begin with, the fact that it wasn't even executed well makes it even worse.

Still like it, still play it loads. I love power stance especially after Bloodborne made me comfortable with never using a shield.
>>
>>383789645
That ds2:sotfs background blends so well to ds3 background

> Des: 150 hours~
> Das 1: 600 ~ hours ps3. 1k hours pc
> Ds 2: 400 hours~ ps3 /Sotfs: 500 hours Pc
> Bb: 300 hours ~
> Ds3: 500 hours ~
All plat / 100%
Fuck
Bladestone, moonstone, bell bro, chalic and dark moon blade in ds3
>>
>>383780218
Slow, easy, looks quite bad, had a 'remaster' pretty early on where you had to pay for it extra to upgrade your regular version (even if you had fucking regular + season pass), introduced shit mechanics that made DaS2 and 3 bad, such as humanity/ember restore right away everywhere (not just in bonfire), that makes pretty much pointless to invade people, who usually uses it before the boss to summon people, he can just go through fog to avoid confrontation with you (what a bullshit). Also level design is pretty much shit and SoFTS enemy/item relocation is another bullshit there (e.g. Vengarl body is literally above his head, while it was more fun when it was on the primal bonfire after Duke Freya), bonfire ascetic is broken and levelling in this game is easy as hell (you get like twice higher level at the end of the game than in any other Souls game). Side quests has lost potential (a lot of them) and lore get fucked up because of DaS2, its pretty hard to connect it with DaS3. There is many more I could point out, but Im too lazy for that.
>>
>>383780218
2nd worse in the series but better than 3 for not being a completely linear hallway, not ruining and simplifying the combat, not stripping away all variety, and actually doing things that hadn't been done in the series prior.
>>
>>383790037
>it really didn't, in the broad strokes it's just another souls game, and the particulars are mostly streamlined

You can't criticize BB for this and praise DaS1.
>>
>>383790729
looks like shit
>>
>>383790776
I disagree with him entirely on BB but that's a fucking retarded thing to say. DaS 1 did tons of stuff DeS didn't, and the entire game's exploration structure was totally changed.
>>
>>383790150
>This was part of the story since Dark Souls 1.

Name all the areas this gets used in beyond Solaire explaining multiplayer.

>because in the other games everything still makes sense in a geographical way

Except Anor Londo in 3 makes no sense at all when you look at the surrounding area. What's with the mountain range? Where has the sea gone? What happened to the ruins of the other 95% of Anor Londo?
>>
>>383790776
i did say i haven't played Demon Souls though, so maybe the only games that have novelty to them are DeS and DS2, i don't know how much of DS1 is just taken straight from DeS. I'm just saying which of the games i like and why, maybe i would've put DS1 much lower and DeS at the had i played it first.
>>
Not counting the global map design not being linear and the aesthetics, why people think that DS1 > DS2?
>>
>>383789645
Dunno about DeS hours, played trough it a couple times
750 hours in DaS
200 hours in 2
250 hours in 3
pvp in 2 and 3 is trash.
>>
File: 1496904223643.png (144KB, 537x465px) Image search: [Google]
1496904223643.png
144KB, 537x465px
tfw I bought a ps3 just to play Demon Souls a year ago.
Why did I do this to myself. Demon Souls isnt a bad game by any means, but I feel like the biggest reason why everybody considers it one of the best if not the best souls game is because it is the one that started it all.
Fuck I wish I got to play Demon Souls when it first came out.
>>
>>383790883
No it didn't.

It added:

Covenants, a shitty multiplayer middleman that generally just allows you to do things you could do in DeS without having to join a covenant barring a couple of them like the gravelords which barely fucking worked anyway (literally didn't work at all on launch)
A different, more linear level structure.
An additional currency in humanity

And that's literally it.
>>
>>383790982
first of all, it's retarded to say "not counting DaS 1's greatest strength over the rest of the series" but
>bossfights are better and more varied
>no retarded shit like soul memeory or ADP
>level design is much better and less linear
>much more cohesive world design-wise and aesthetic wise, DaS 2 feels like a generic fantasy theme park
>better lore
>better animations
>better graphics (wew lad)
>>
>>383791330
>people that hated soul memory
lovin every lel
>>
>>383790982
2 shit the bed by having horrible animations and worse overall player mobility even when they removed roll restrictions while locked on.

It also looks like shit. When the sequel controls and looks worse, its not going to get a free pass.
>>
>>383791156
Yeah DeS really sucka if you played the others first, it's just average.
>>
>>383791763
>>383791330
I liked how it looked. I also don't remember having problem with animation.

So, to sum things up, DS1 > DS2 because it looks subjectively better than the second game? ADP and Soul Memory I agree with.
>>
File: WorryJoe.jpg (61KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
WorryJoe.jpg
61KB, 500x638px
I thought it started at Dark Souls 3, just like how Final Fantasy started at VII. Haha guess I was wrong.
>>
File: yurt.jpg (23KB, 300x412px) Image search: [Google]
yurt.jpg
23KB, 300x412px
>still no news about the new stuff they are working on
>>
>>383791763
The only bad animations are on s a few enemies, player ones are great.
>>
>>383780218
Complete and utter rubbish that I regret wasting so much time on in a vain and pointless effort to wring some fun out of what was a perfect example of buyer's remorse.
>>
>>383791992
>player ones are great
>locked on movement looks like your character is trying to not shit himself
>>
>>383780218
It was okay.

I mean I've played a lot of really good stuff, and some really bad stuff, and everything Dark Souls/Demon's/King's Field I just mentally group under "okay aRPG series".

People arguing about poise and shockwaves doesn't mean much more to me than Call of Duty people arguing about perks. The core gameplay is fine and the aesthetic/levels aren't dogshit. It's okay.
>>
>>383780218
It's a mess, DS1 had parts where it was clearly rushed, DS2 though felt rushed most of the time with its environments and awful bosses.
It was a cobbled together mess, which is a shame as the dlcs showed that had a decent game at its core, it had a lot of content but ultimately needed another 6 months of dev time.
>>
Honestly, it has its flaws. They fixed many of the issues I personally had with it through SotFS and the DLC. It actually became my favorite game after these fixes. You can tell that during development they were doing many things right, but later on started to become too ambitious, made too many short and empty areas, and didn't develop the bosses as well as they could (for example you can tell they put a lot more time in mirror knight than in dragonrider). I think the reason why it's my favorite is not what is what, but what it could have become, if that makes any sense
>>
File: .png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
.png
2MB, 1280x720px
You have TEN (10) seconds to defend this.
>>
File: 20161119130041_1.jpg (516KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161119130041_1.jpg
516KB, 1920x1080px
>>383786810
Shame the mask is so pointlessly rare though.
>>
>>383791836
The animations are stiff and outright bad at times. Look at knockups where your character just lies or sits still mid-air while falling down.
Movement during attacks was also limited, meaning you have a harder time fighting multiple enemies. Another front where the game also gets shat on quite often.
Sound design is also pretty bad. The same dull swoosh swoosh twack twack sounds of cardboard flying around or hitting against eachother plague the game.
>>
>>383792315
Who cares, it's a videogame, immersion is for faggots.
>>
>>383792315
in DS1 the gods constructed a door that you need to get through to extend the age of fire and save the gods, the only way to get through the door is to kill the gods and put their souls in a stump infront of it.
>>
>>383789531

Just stop locking onto him and you'll win.
>>
>>383780218
I found it enjoyable when I played it, but it was a serious disappointment. Since then, it's not aged well at all and is impossible to go back to after BB. But DaS and DeS still hold up and are fantastic to replay.
>>
>>383792375
I played SOTFS right the same day I finished DS1. I really don't see what your complaints are about. The game looked stellar in comparison to the first game.
>>
>>383792315
dark souls 3 does the same with a ladder/small wooden gate infront of some stairs.
bloodborne has a door that's locked until a random beast in another part of town dies.

can't think of a really egregious example from DS1 but it's ridiculous how much flak DS2 gets for this when the other games have similarly stupid shit.
>>
File: IMG_5872.gif (947KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5872.gif
947KB, 300x169px
Wow
There was nothing I could do
>>
>>383780218
Dual stancing with 2 weapons was amazing. After playing 3 then going to 2 you can see so many things wrong with the game that just look so weird. Play dark souls 3 for a few hours then switch to 2, and you'll notice your character runs like they have downs syndrome.

Dark souls 2 also had a fucking huge weapon list compared to dark souls 3 so you can have so much more variation

Pvp is still fun as fuck. Also for anyone who sucks at pvp on dark souls 2, use syans halberd and flame weapon, have not lost a single fight using it.
>>
>>383792697
>bloodborne has a door that's locked until a random beast in another part of town dies.
?
>>
>>383792375

I agree on the sound design. The rustling grass sound effect is WAY too loud and something about it hurts my ears. And when you fall into a pool of water that sound is just so bad and generic sounding.

The animations look way floaty compared to DS1. Before your character seemed to have some weight to them and it took you a sec to really get sprinting. In DS2 you kinda just float over the ground with a stale run cycle.
>>
>>383792892
>use a shit weapon with the worst buff you can possibly use
YEAH
>>
>>383792903

Not him but there's a door in Oedon chapel that's locked until you kill the Blood Starved Beast
>>
File: 1483901323838.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
1483901323838.webm
3MB, 896x504px
>>383792919
>>
>>383792903
the door in cathedral ward, you don't even get a key or anything it's just closed or open depending on wether blood-starved beast is alive or not.
>>
>>383792991
But that's
1) a gate you can't surpass by simply raising your leg as in DaS2.
2) completely optional, since you can merely buy a key item to open it instead
>>
>>383792953
Literally just sprint and use the heavy attack and they can't hit you, your guy just spins and hits them 3 times in a row, then once they're low on hp you just poke them to death
>>
>Soul memory
>Breakable chests
>awful hitboxes
>adaptability
>limited spawning enemies leading to to certain gear very hard to farm for
>no full eye orbs
>>
>>383793078

You can't open THAT door with a key item. You can open the gate that leads to the place that door will eventually get you to. But then you miss out on the Upper Cathedral Ward, the radiant sword badge, and the old workshop.
>>
>>383793201

I'm not defending the game here but can't you just turn on hard mode at Majula temporarily to make enemies spawn forever? Or is that only In SotFS?
>>
>>383793218
Fair enough.
>>
>>383793201
you forgot the hitbox
>>
>>383793201
>limited spawning enemies leading to to certain gear very hard to farm for
this is something i thought i would hate before the game came out, but i can count on one hand the number of enemies that stopped respawning for me after 200+ hours of playing, it really didn't matter.
>>
>>383793158
wow what great pvp knowledge I must put this strategum to use!
but you forgot:
>anyone with a brain will bait your shitty spin
>you will lose all stamina and eat 2 free hits
>anyone with a brain can ROLL any halberd attack besides the 1hand running which is also very safe
im guessing you have 20 hours in pvp or something, but lucky you that the average player is braindead
>>
>>383793372

Same here. The Alonne Knights are really the only enemies that I remember stopped spawning for me. I have a friend who said that most of the time when he had difficulty with a boss he pretty much fought through until they stopped spawning every time lol.
>>
>>383793201
Also
>lifegems
>>
>>383793510
fucking smelter demon with the annoying walk
>>
>>383780218
Best game in the series, no argument.
>>
>>383793576
this one i don't understand, DS1 had fucking humanity that's a million times worse but you almost never hear anyone complain about that. Is it some sort of mega elixir syndrome, where they are so good you don't wanna use them? and lifegems are shitty enough that you use them all the time and therefore they feel more impactful?
>>
>>383780218
PvP was great but gets held back by the soul memory nonsense
Gameplay in the DLC is fantastic aside from the co-op areas, varies from meh to good in the base game
Best covenants in the series
World design is retarded at times (lava castle in the sky, etc)
Lots of repeat bosses
Not many memorable NPCs

Its no 10/10 by any means but it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets, I probably enjoyed it the most out of all the Soulsborne games purely for the PvP. Putting the later edition on a completely different multiplayer server from the original version was complete bullshit though
>>
>>383793484
Actually over 200 hours but if you want to think I'm brain dead go right ahead, you're probably still being killed by people like me
>>
>>383793774

>This whole thread is full of good arguments as to why you're wrong.
>>
3>bb>2>1
>>
>>383793954

Okay, but lemme hit you up with this though

1>3>BB>2
>>
>>383780218

DaS2 is better than DaS1 in NEARLY every way, people can't admit it because they played DaS1 first and thought they were part of some epic elite gamer club, that got "gud". DaS1's second half was complete and utter trash, at no point does DaS2 ever sink to the levels of shittiness that is the second half of DaS1.

>hey we're out of time, how do we finish this level in time?
>uh shit ano... eto... justu prace-u many many minotauru facing exacto shame-u directoshon! bery goodo reberu design!

DaS1 is a great game, but much more flawed than 2. People just don't have their own opinions.

Only problem with 2 is that it was designed with bonfire warping in mind, instead of it being unlocked after the fact. But honestly, it's not much different than the archstones in DeS, so it's not even that much of a flaw.
>>
>>383792697
>>383792903
>>383793065

This is one of the things I hate the most about BB, you're progression is dependent on random shit that you have no way of knowing about until it happens and you stumble on the result.
>>
>>383793898
if you are on pc i'll fight you, sl150 heides 3 million sm lets fight
>>
>>383793914
It's full of trash non arguments that prove him right. DaS2 is great and the people who vehemently disagree only do so because they suck and couldn't git gud. This thread prove it beyond refutation.
>>
>>383794030
2 was much more consistent than 1 with its combat, zones and balance.
1 had better level design for the first half and that's it
>>
>>383794037
>hey we're out of time, how do we finish this level in time?
>uh shit ano... eto... justu prace-u many many reindeeru in empty fieldu, and two cattu! bery goodo reberu design!
>>
>>383794037
I dunno the only time I felt slighted by DS1's level design was in Lost Izalith with all the undead dragons wandering around a giant pit of lava. How lame is that.
>>
>>383793829
Pretty much, its straight hypocrisy. The whole series has straight up collectable healing items.
>>
>>383793829
You have to go out of your way to farm humanity and very few (if any at all) can be purchased.
Lifegems are dropped by so many enemies and are cheap as fuck to buy from Malentia the hag.

After every encounter you can pop a gem and clear whole areas using your Estus just for bosses.
>>
>>383780218
Love it. It's the longest and hardest Souls game with the best PvP. My second favourite next to DS1.
People who "hate" it aren't being honest. It's like hating the worst sex position - you're still having sex.
>>
>>383793291
even if you do this they fucking made a ton of armor sets only obtainable by grinding black phantoms/enemies that ONLY SPAWN ONCE. You can only farm them using extremely limited bonfire ascetics. Thankfully this was mostly fixed in SoTFS.
>>
>>383794391
DS2 was the easiest
>>
>>383780218
Worst Souls game, pretty solid relative to games in general though.
>>
>>383793201
>Breakable chests
That's a good thing. Gotta teach faggots to be observant. I have a friend who attacked every single chest in Bloodborne even after I told him there aren't mimics in the game. He responded all smug "Nope, I'll never fall for it". Turns out the majority of players have his attitude so From ruined chests in DaS3.
>>
>>383794391
>the worst sex position

I don't want to imagine what this would actually be.
>>
>>383794391
>sex analogy
>>
>>383794121
Ps4 unfortunately
>>
>>383794201

Your post is the biggest non-argument in the thread. "Lol you're just bad at it" doesn't count as an argument. I'm pretty good at the Souls games and 2 didn't really give me any more or less trouble than the rest of them. I just find it very bland and the bosses range from faceroll easy to stupid artificial difficulty (ie Smelter Demon consistently damaging you if you're anywhere near him.)
>>
>>383793829
You can't buy limitless humanities for pennies at the shrine. After the first few areas you can easily have max lifegems at all times. Why ever drink estus when you can just keep popping those while walking?
>>
>>383794607
Do you also complain when games have easy difficulty settings, instead of forcing everybody to play on hard?
>>
>>383794491
Oh yeah that chest surrounded by spitting statues that break it surely teached me a lesson in positioning.
>>
>>383780218
dark souls 2 is literally dark souls: arcade mode
the only reason i like that because it's pure chaos, same reason I like dark souls 3 pvp - it's so chaotic and messy
>>
>>383780218
Worst souls but still worth a playthrough.
>>
File: e1b.png (887KB, 1280x1424px) Image search: [Google]
e1b.png
887KB, 1280x1424px
>>383794201
>das2
>hard
The only boss in 2 that is at all difficult is Darklurker and even he is largely only so hard due to not being able to easily learn his moveset because dying to him is so punishing. The other harder bosses of the game like Fume Knight and Sir Alonne are braindead easy for anyone who isn't retarded because their attacks are so telegraphed. Powerstancing is also comically unbalanced, if you powerstance any two ultra strength weapons you can chunk off like 1/8th of any bosses health in one L2 attack.
>>
>>383794751
If you want an easy setting, play something else.
You I bet you are the type to summon phantoms to carry you through the game but are quick to alt+F4 when invaders get the better of you.
>>
File: DEkhidIW0AEzTjc.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEkhidIW0AEzTjc.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
i am going through Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 simultanously.
Bloodborne has more fun combat, is much harder and has a better world.
but Dark Souls 2 rewards me with more variation, and being more RPG than Action Game.
that being said, Dark Souls 2 bosses are laughably easy, last boss i beat was the thing at the bottom of iron keep, the big lava lord dude.
now going down the majula well.
the only boss i had problems with was royal rat authority cause i use dual thrusting rapiers and thats really not ideal for that fight.

i did all bosses with Ricards rapier +
rapier in offhand always upgraded as far as i could and all bosses were piss easy.
>>
>>383794956
I don't use an easy setting like farming lifegems, or farming grasses in DeS. You're the one talking about it. Also,
>muh epic git gud culture teh epic w1nz0rs only r33l g4m3rs can play teh epic soulz0rs!
>>
>>383794751
The game already has plenty of ways to make it easier, like summoning friends to stomp bosses. No need to add unlimited cheap healing items and repairable rings of sacrifice wich you can hoard.
>>
>>383794607
>>383794751
I understand both of your positions here. If you want the game to be harder you can just make it harder on yourself. Lots of people do that, that's why you're not forced to level up ever.

However on the other side I was kind of disappointed when playing DS3 because of how good the Dark Sword was. I know they nerfed it eventually but I tried other weapons but I couldn't force myself to stick with it because why wouldn't I just use the best thing?
>>
>>383795043
It's retards like you that ruined the souls series
>>
>>383794527
I would've used a food analogy but you get too much of those don't ya?
>>
>>383795047
>repairable rings of sacrifice wich you can hoard
With the inclusion of Soul Memory, not losing souls that you intend to spend is more important than ever.

If some autistic shitter puts in the time to grind out gems and rings because he can't beat the game normally, it's no different than grinding souls in the original to overlevel everything.

>>383795138
Actually, looking for some autistic "Badge of Honor" for playing THE MOST EPIC HARDCORE DEATH GAME is what ruined the series, starting with "Prepare to Die edition". The series was the best in Demon's Souls, for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is having the most original, beautifully crafted vision.
>>
>>383795014
>last boss i beat was the thing at the bottom of iron keep, the big lava lord dude.
That boss was so disappointing, he feels like a fucking mario boss.

>sits in the lava the entire time
>slams his easily telegraphed fist and leaves it there for 10 seconds for you to attack
>shoots predictable fireballs that you can hide behind a wall to avoid
>>
>>383795014
>royal rat authority
also that fight is such bullshit, it's so frontloaded in difficulty with the toxic rats that are in the room.
>>
>>383794112
Well tbf, getting to the shaded woods in DaS2 depended on exhausting all dialogue with an NPC and then the NPC moving somewhere else to let you pass.
>>
File: das2vdas3.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
das2vdas3.webm
3MB, 800x450px
I think I would prefer 2 over 3 (and maybe DeS) if it had used the same engine as1 (or the engine of Bloodborne).
The biggest problem for me is that the game controls like ass, like you're playing on the moon or something. Your character stops moving once it hits a wall and everything just feels bad.
The world design in terms of immersion and context is also pretty bad, but I could overlook it if the gameplay was fun. Specially because I think DaS2 did some pretty fun things that no other soul has done.
>>
>>383789645
>Got maybe ~30 hours in BB since i couldn't be arsed to replay it

hahahaha nice try PC uck
>>
>>383794391
>you get your balls smashed by a hammer and your dick impaled with high heels
>but it's still fun
>>
>>383795202
sex analogies are the absolute worst analogies imaginable
>>
File: ducking drakekeeper swings.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ducking drakekeeper swings.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>383793201
>>Soul memory
Agape Ring
>>Breakable chests
This is a good thing, it stops you hitting every chest like a retard and instead makes you check visually for mimics.
>>awful hitboxes
Every Souls game has shitboxes. DS2's are on the same level as the rest.
>>adaptability
Learn your iframe breakpoints. If you also can't beat the game with base AGI then you're a baby who needs Bloodborne rolls to play and that's just sad.
>>limited spawning enemies leading to to certain gear very hard to farm for
Untrue. Join the Covenant of Champions and things infinitely respawn.
>>no full eye orbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ6RecDK_pA
You can infinitely farm ascetics and upgrade materials this way too.
>>
I love its builds. I prefer DaS3 overall but I'll admit there isn't a single interesting build in that game.
>>
>>383795309
>Your character stops moving once it hits a wall
is this something that shouldn't happen? I don't understand what you're saying.
>>
>>383780218

Its kinda better than all souls games available on pc but at the same time it has so much disgusting shit going on its really difficult to think straight when judging anything related to it. Souls always suffered some bullshit but not to that extent. its not even the quality of the bullshit but the quantity. I still really like it, probably more than both ds1 and s3 but it just hurts thinking about the wasted potential so i distance myself from the series.
>>
>>383780218
A good game, and the only one in the Souls series that got magic balance mostly right.
>>
piece of shit enemy spam simulator
>>
>>383780218
Bad game that makes me wish Dark Souls modding was a thing.
>>
>>383795278
don't you just use a Yore branch on the chick and then pull the level?
>>
>>383795608
I might be thinking of a different place, I meant the area with the skeleton chariot boss. It's been a while since I've played it.
>>
>>383794112

That's fair enough, however if you simply go where you CAN and come back to areas you couldn't explore before it all works out. You don't really have many options on places to go at that point in the game anyway. Oedon Chapel is a sort of hub so you're bound to come back to it at some point. Most players probably eventually went "oh, this is open now? I wonder why."
>>
>>383795247
Repairable rings of sacrifice removes the entire concept of trying to recover your corpse, and those things are scattered everywhere and cost almost nothing to repair in vanilla ds2. Why wouldn't anyone abuse that? Even if they changed the drops and increased the cost, its still bullshit.
>>
>>383780218
memesters will tell you it's shit
imma stop them right now and say it's quite good senpai, on par if not better than the third one.
>>
>>383795608
Yes, I have no idea how this is remotely as illogical as the shit BB pulls.
>>
>>383780218
Its broken by design garbage and easily the worst game in the series
>>
>>383795693
i'm not that guy, but i got stuck for awhile when because it really isn't obvious that you get the password needed for the forest gate in that cutscene after vicar amalia.
>>
File: 1486151731645.gif (1MB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1486151731645.gif
1MB, 300x242px
>>383780218
level design and enemy placement completely destroyed it. It would have been a great fucking addition to the series if those 2 things didnt literally ruin it. Its hard to enjoy a game when im constantly trying to pull away enemies 1 at a time, then running away/dying/wasting all of my items trying to survive when I take 1 step too far and aggro 8 hollow knights and 3 fatties or 6+ alonne knights and some alonne archers.
>inb4 cherry picking
every god damn level is like that. every. single. one. has too many swarms
I can get over all its flaws, but this one is the biggest offender. its not even game mechanics, its just flat out bad and lazy design. its like the entire game was made by people that only ever played Demon Ruin and Lost Izalith.
So many good things in this game just thrown away for the sake of being "le masocore dark souls"
Good emotes tho
>>
>>383780482
Solid is a bit of an overstatement. The controls don't feel great and there are no heavy weapons. Just slow and fast ones. Animations are subpar too.
>>
File: DaS2 - moving castle.webm (3MB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 - moving castle.webm
3MB, 680x383px
>>383795446
>in all the other souls
run straight at a wall, hit the wall, your character will keep on running even if he's not moving

>in das2
run straight at a wall, hit the wall, your character will stop running

While the das2 version could be more realistic or something, I think that it really just makes me feel less in control, not only that, but it also makes it harder to move in tight spaces since your character can stop moving like a retard. E.g.
>in other souls you are running ahead and collide with a with thin pillar, your charter will keep running and maneuvering around the pillar is quite simple.
>in das2 you are running ahead and collide with a with thin pillar, your character stop completely and maneuvering around the pillar is pain in the ass.
It's a dumb complaint but for me the feel is really important, in that's something that 2 is really missing.
>>
>>383795693
My problem is less that it's 'random' and hence difficult to discover and more that it just has completely arbitrary cause and effect.
>>
>>383795880

I'll give you that one. They could have easily added a line in the cutscene that led you toward the forest gate.
>>
>>383795421
>waste a ring slot, soul memory makes shit like bow builds garbage because you need to waste your souls on buying arrows etc
>chests don't matter anyways because you only need to hit it once to check if it's a mimic, it breaks in 3
>adaptability is a good mechanic but there needs to be a visual indication for the breakpoints
>again, game doesn't explain it
>have to farm in a souls game
>>
>>383780218
Vanilla game is meh, playable but meh.
SOTFS and DLC made what was the worst DS into a good game and probably the best DS.
>>
It's shit, the corpses don't get jerked around when you collide with them.
>>
>>383780218

Nice ideas mixed with horrible fuckups, I wish it wasn't such an unfinished mess.
>>
>>383795956
Not related to what you said, but this webm is a dumb example given the nature of being an undead in-universe, I'm certain someone on the development team noticed that it just disappeared but it was a deliberate design decision to leave or even purposefully implement things like this. Undead memory being fucked up is a huge theme in DaS2
>>
>>383796069
>game doesn't explain it
What are you, DSP?? Not everything needs to be explained explicitly. Just saying dude. A big part of any game designed with retro ideals is that information is swapped and shared between players.
>>
>Soul memory=Trash. Bunch of over leveled scrubs thinking they are good at PvP, with their soul level 500s fighting 150s

>Invading in DS2=Trash. Oh you want to heal, too bad cause only the host can, oh wait he has 2 phantoms also, and seed of a giant that last 24 hours. You want to heal, lol, have fun wasting your stats on healing spells that take 5 min to cast, while phantoms are chasing you down. This lead to people using more megamules, until scholar came out, but it was already too late once bloodborne came out.

>Laggy pvp with mages, so much fun, teleporting weeb spells,

>Nerfing all the fun out of the game, mages cried and cried they couldnt spam magic vs avalyn. Avalyn was nerfed into the ground. Bunch of weeb trash mages just want to spam spells, but cant handle when someone else finds a way to beat them with the avalyn.

>DS2 was too easy, they had to nerf dark magic, cause speedrunners and morons like DSP, also did nothing but spam magic to beat the game.

>Worst bosses out of the soul series, all the bosses in DS2 are a joke, the only bosses that are semi hard are Dark Lurker and Fume Knight.

>High level pvp-as much as scrubs complain that str weapons are not used in high level play in DS3, str weapons were also not used as much in tournaments or high level play compared to weapons like the Ice rapier, warped sword, and katanas.

>character movement in DS2 is trash.

>Im glad DS2 pvp is dead.

a truly, truly awful souls game that is deeply unpleasant in almost every respect.
>>
File: 1498977681109.png (306KB, 345x366px) Image search: [Google]
1498977681109.png
306KB, 345x366px
>>383796247
>shit souls 2
>designed with retro ideals
>>
>>383795421
>Agape Ring
A desperate, and bad fix that removes the ability to use certain items and spells
>it stops you hitting every chest
No, it allows you to hit every chest a few times, but if an enemy happens to walk past it they swing madly and break it
>every souls game
Only 2 has agility to fuck with your roll frames in addition to bad hurtboxes that lag behind
>learn your iframes
Oh yeah such fun wasting levels on a stat that shouldn't exist or enjoy shit tier rolls
>infinite respawns
only applies to non-special trash monsters
>just farm bro
way to waste your time instead of doing pvp right?
>>
>>383796350
inb4 inevitable DaS2 apologist answers everyone of this points
>>
It's a good game, probably worse than DaS1 in many ways, but better than DaS3 in many others.

it's it's own beast for better and for worse, and it feels more like king's field than Dark Souls
>>
I only played vanilla and I only enjoyed like 3 bosses. Velstadt, Mirror Knight, and Smelter Demon. Can't be arsed to finish sotfs to play the dlc bosses.
>>
Literally nobody in this thread can agree with what's wrong with the game.

>it's too easy!
>it's too artificially difficult!
>it has too many enemy hordes that you need to lure away 1 at a time!
>it's not retro designed!

Face it, you don't know why you hate the game, the only reason is because some shitty gamer personality on youtube told someone on /v/ that made a thread that started a hivemind. You have no real opinion of your own.

"It's not a bad game, it's just a bad SOOOUULSS game!"

Pathetic.
>>
File: 1489216691762.webm (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489216691762.webm
1MB, 800x600px
DaS > BB > DeS > DaS3 >>> DaS2
>>
File: 1436127049428.gif (978KB, 245x234px) Image search: [Google]
1436127049428.gif
978KB, 245x234px
Unpopular opinion time:

ADP was a good design choice as it forced players either investing points into mobility for dodge rolls or forced players to invest into more tanky stats rather than letting people be ninja flipping while in Havels like in DS1
>>
File: 1454514719813.jpg (45KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
1454514719813.jpg
45KB, 446x357px
>>383796585
>waaaah people have different opinions
>>
File: 1485913466424.png (9KB, 499x194px) Image search: [Google]
1485913466424.png
9KB, 499x194px
>>383796598
>DaS = BB > DeS > DaS3 >>> DaS2
I like it this way better. BB was a great experience just like DaS. Different yes, but still a great and fairly original experience IMO
>>
>>383796501
>inb4 something is discussed
Autists, amirite?
>>
>>383796147
Darksouls had perfect geography, you could see Blighttown from firelink, Duke's from Ano Londo, everything just connected perfectly. Even in DeS, BB and 3, while they din't have the god tier world of 1, the world connections still made sense, in das3 you could see every area from the highwall and the fit perfectly.

In 2 nothing made sense, and for me this was one of the biggest disappointments. And while I can ignore it and play it just like most games, and enjoy the areas for what they are individually, I'm not going to accept these dumb ass defenses of muh lore. The devs were lazy/rushed and the world sucks because of it.
>>
>>383796585
It's literally the apologists trying to be contrarian, because it's their first Souls game they feel the need to vehemently defend it.
>>
File: 1360614256304.jpg (16KB, 247x253px) Image search: [Google]
1360614256304.jpg
16KB, 247x253px
>>383796715
I'll accept this opinion.
>>
>>383783972
>>people shit on ancient dragon for having bloated HP and damage
>>yet praise Midir
you're right. those two dragon fights are totally the same. and those are the ONLY reasons people shit on the ancient dragon.
>notimpressedpepe.jpeg
>>
>>383796598
Dark Souls doesn't hold up
>>
>>383796649
ADP didn't fix trailing hitboxes and was only good for iframing through attacks.
>>
>>383796585
Its mostly just DS2 fanboys trying to deflect so they are no longer the black sheep of the genre DS2 was shit

>N64 graphics
>WoW art direction
>Soul Memory crippling online play.

It had a lot of design choices that you either love or hate but its these three flaws that will forever make it a bad game
>>
>>383796598
Das = BB > DeS = DaS2 > DaS3 T B Q H
>>
>>383796350
Complaining about magic is silly. It's been easy mode in every souls game.
I agree that pvp was shite, but that was 90% of your complaints and pvp is only one part of the game
>>
>>383780482
this

There was something off about the animations, sound effects and graphics, everything seemed floaty and without weight. I don't know how else to explain, it's difficult to put into words.
>>
>>383796765

The thing that pisses me off most about that too is there's literally a map IN GAME that tries to show off where you beat certain bosses. But I can't fucking make heads nor tails of it.
>>
File: 1454997198114.jpg (517KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1454997198114.jpg
517KB, 1800x1800px
>>383796921

DeS = DaS2? This is just insulting.
>>
BB>DeS>DaS2>>>>>DaS=DaS3

If you disagree you can fuck off to reddit to suck e-celeb dick
>b-b-but muh redditmatosis said!
>>
File: DaS-Zweihander.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DaS-Zweihander.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>383796843
I disagree. DaS is still may favorite souls game visually.
>>
>>383796982
REEEEEEE FUCKING INT BUILDS GIVE ME MY SWORD BACK
>>
>>383796908
>spouts the graphics meme

They allocated the resources of the primary target hardware (consoles) differently, with a larger focus on dynamic shadows/lights from torches. that does not make the graphics worse, and in some points it was downright beautiful.

The only valid flaw you stated was soul memory.
>>
>>383792315
I seem to remember DaS3 arbitrarily locking you out of archives until you beat the rest of the game, and then a corpse with the key inexplicably materializes right next to the door.

no challenge, no quest to find the key in some hidden nook or cranny, no. you have to beat all the other bosses and it just appears, right outside of the locked door.
it's just as bad
>>
>>383796982
kek
Though honestly the MGS in BB is more like a lightsaber since you can literally turn it on and off.
>>
>>383796598
>>383796715
>>383796921
BB has god tier atmosphere and a better story than any Souls game but the levels and bosses get really dull after Rom.
>>
File: 1451626331243.png (786KB, 678x978px) Image search: [Google]
1451626331243.png
786KB, 678x978px
>>383780218
>Animations are trash
>Combat feels horrible coming from DaS
>Boss designs are pretty boring
>Hardly any memorable areas
>Everything involving giants and the throne is boring as fuck.
>Weapon move sets are even more boring despite power-stancing being a thing.
They did do some cool stuff like with going into memories to witness previous events and NPCs like Aldia and Lucatiel had some nice dialogue. the DLCs were just okay.
>>
>>383785662
>Patches and the blacksmith surviving thousands of years makes sense?
do you not understand the core concept of what a Hollow is in the series?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (446KB, 800x2358px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
446KB, 800x2358px
>>383796921
DS1>DS3>>>>>DS2
>>
>>383796350
>muh PvP
So glad I don't play that
>>
>>383796649
What "removed" flipping havels was separating vitality from endurance. And soul memory made sure sl didn't matter so you could pump all those stats to your liking no problem, adp included. Great fix!
>>
>>383796982
DaS2 MLGS doesn't look like a lightsaber, it looks like a plastic toy.
>>383797284
In actual usefulness, DaS2 MLGS is better than DaS3 MLGS which is hot garbage. DaS1 still has the best MLGS though, both for pve and pvp.
>>
>>383797260
If you do what you enjoy you can life forever?
>>
>>383780218
This was by far my favorite DS because of the PvP alone. Don't get me wrong it had it's flaws but idgaf the PvP and build variety was so damn nice. I could write greentexts all day about the faggots I ganked on dragon aerie.
>>
>>383796598
>goes from actual ingame armors to unused armor in DaS3 instead of the game's poster armor like the rest

this triggers me
>>
I'm still amazed at the people that don't get ds2 combat system

These are the people that complain about having to lead 1 enemy at a time away from a pack, but also complain about lifegems, movesets, and the lock on camera.

Ds2 was designed with unlocked camera group combat in mind. If you play the game that way it makes the ambushes much better
>>
>>383797414

Well... yes.

If you're undead you only lose your mind when you lose propose, right?
>>
>>383797260
>DS2
>No Patches
Proof enough that DS2 is a joke/fan game
>>
>>383797414
If you always have a desire or a purpose you'll never go hollow. Once you "give up" you hollow, basically.
>>
>>383797284
>having two different moonlight greatswords in one universe

God, the DaSII team is so fucking retarded.
>>
>>383797498
The other one was a knockoff though, it was probably meant that the sword was so mystic and spun so many legends people have tried to recreate it.
>>
>>383796649
But From already removed ninja flipping havels in DaS1 you fucking retard.

With ADP, you could fatroll with more iframes than a fastroll in DaSII. You are a clown.
>>
>>383797485

That one dude that locks the door behind you in Forest of Fallen Giants is widely considered to basically just be Patches.

But yeah I see your point.
>>
File: thingken.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thingken.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>383795309
>fighting dark souls 2 bosses
>moving, rolling and attacking decisively and rarely in between attacks, perfect timing required, as even a single blow from a boss can put you in an awful position

>fighting dark souls 3 bosses
>just mash attack whenever a boss isn't attacking
>just spam roll whenever the boss is attacking because it costs no stamina and gives a billion iframes

hm
>>
>>383797498
It was a knockoff, seems you're the retard.
>>
File: 1486860398141.webm (3MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486860398141.webm
3MB, 1280x800px
>>383796649
Good defense
>>
File: blutgeburt.jpg (35KB, 545x536px) Image search: [Google]
blutgeburt.jpg
35KB, 545x536px
I think Bloodborne would easily be the best if magic was a little bit more viable from the start.
it just looks great and play great.
despite a lot of it looking kinda samey i really don't mind it all looking coherent, it's just more logical that this victorian city wouldnt suddenly have a lava lake next to it, but instead a forest with some hidden university.
i also like the twist on the clinic and the way you can get back to it in the forest.
and the way the game tells you about NPCs, like the infected guy feasting on a child skeleton when you meet him, it's a little on the nose but it lets you find out yourself that there is something wrong with him.
so yea, if the game had a little more weapon variety and a more viable early game magic build then it would easily outclass the others.
hell i even like the boss variety. they don't all feel the same.
>>
>>383797593
>>383797662
Another reason to laugh at Dark Souls II.
>>
>>383797726
what?
>>
>>383797704
I have no idea how people like the souls combat. It's so fucking atrocious.
>>
I loved ds2, had the best dragon fight by far, it's a shame people seem to forget about it
>>
>>383797113
I honestly think DaS looks better than both DaS2 and DaS3. God damn I hate every single color in DaS3.
>>
File: DaS2lol_2.webm (2MB, 540x406px) Image search: [Google]
DaS2lol_2.webm
2MB, 540x406px
>>383796649
>>
>>383797646
>>moving, rolling and attacking decisively and rarely in between attacks, perfect timing required, as even a single blow from a boss can put you in an awful position
Or just keep a shield up and never again care about any attacks
DS2 is shit
>>
>>383797773
Can't even have a real Moonlight greatsword.
>>
>>383796649
>m-muh flipping havels
fixed eons ago and yet in das2 you can have even more iframes than flip ring in das1
>>
>>383796350
>>>Invading in DS2=Trash. Oh you want to heal, too bad cause only the host can, oh wait he has 2 phantoms also, and seed of a giant that last 24 hours. You want to heal, lol, have fun wasting your stats on healing spells that take 5 min to cast, while phantoms are chasing you down. This lead to people using more megamules, until scholar came out, but it was already too late once bloodborne came out.

what the fuck

invading in ds2 is way easier than in dark souls 3 at least

at least you can get a 1v1 with the host and punish them when they try to roll and heal

meanwhile in ds3, it's just a phantom gangbang with the host just spamming roll and estus while you fish for parries with the meme parry ring because that's the only way to actually kill anyone
>>
>>383797798
they should bring back the vault from Demon Souls, that shit felt smooth.
>>
>>383797834
But you can
>>
>>383789231
This honestly
>>
>>383797804
confirmed for not having played ds2
>>
>>383797646
>perfect timing required
>every boss has the same 2 swings to overhead combo, while vendrick is so bad you just sniff hiss anus until he dies and he will miss every swing.
>>
File: DaS2 - was a mistake.webm (2MB, 857x480px) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 - was a mistake.webm
2MB, 857x480px
>>383796649
>>
>>383795120
Never used the black sword because I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>383797804
>Or just keep a shield up and never again care about any attacks

sounds like literally every dark souls game
>>
>>383797646
>Rolling
I legit stopped rolling because of how shit the hitboxes were and just ran around bosses. You can get away with this too because the bosses we're all mostly slow.
>>
>>383788617
>Now you're just hating fun.
Not him
We all know that weapon was added in the most terrible way. It shouldn't even work either. Also, smiting enemies out of the sky is much more fun.
>>
>>383780218
I keep wanting to go back to it for another play through but my friend just reminded me that you need to invest in a stat just to get i-frames when you roll and now I feel disgusted again.
>>
>>383798079
confirmed for never having tried to block attacks in ds2
>>
>>383795421
>defending shit design
Truly das2 fags are the worst of them all.
>>
>>383797646
>perfect timing required
>get hit when no where near the damaging object

yeah no, its all luck and exploitation. No on should think its skill.
>>
File: 1488604473642.jpg (1MB, 900x8500px) Image search: [Google]
1488604473642.jpg
1MB, 900x8500px
>>383780218
Reused Assets
>>
>>383798301
What's wrong with that though, really? You needed to invest into a stat to have i-frames when you roll while wearing heavy armor in the other games. it's actually the same thing.
>>
>>383780218

Decent. It does a few things better than DaS1 but also plenty worse as well. DaS3 also improves on it in ways and goes back in others.
>>
>>383796843
Wrong
>>
>>383798171
while i'm not the biggest fan of adaptibility i really dont see the problem with it
>invest points into stat
>game gets easier
could also dump those 30 points into endurance and block shit with your shield.
or into dex/str to do more damage

there is nothing wrong with the idea of "hey i want to play using a lot of rolling, guess i will get a bunch of points in ADP"
it actually points out how flawed Dark Souls 1 is, considering you always have the ideal amount of iframes and rolling is always better/easier than blocking.
>>
>>383797414
literally yes.
that's why andre is just undead and not a hollow, he has a job to do. same with patches, there's always someone to fuck over and rob.
you can see many NPCs in DS1 go Hollow over the course of the game once their 'job' or whatever loses its drive.
>>
File: Honeycam 2017.webm (1MB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
Honeycam 2017.webm
1MB, 640x436px
>>383798453
>>
>>383797889
I'm not sure where this "waah I can't even heal" shit came from. Only a total scrublord would use divine blessings or humanities while invading.
Faggot invaders losing to me 1v1 and running behind mobs to chug estus makes my blood boil in 3. Way to prolong the fight, I have more estus anyway.
>>
File: Honeycam 201707.webm (3MB, 634x354px) Image search: [Google]
Honeycam 201707.webm
3MB, 634x354px
>>383798453
>
>>
>>383798453
how do i get the bird to appear down in the valley?
>>
>>383798473
Except that you can choose to not wear heavy armor. In DS2 this is just an arbitrary point investment requirement to make the early game harder, which of course was the primary problem with DS2 in the first place because they prioritized just making a hard game rather than making a game that was good as well.
>>
File: 1498453494664.png (32KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498453494664.png
32KB, 720x600px
>>383795309
>>DS2
>precise timing and tactical movement required
>>DS3
>just spam dodge and attack
Against DS2 bosses you'd be often defeated when you still had Estus left, because healing is incredibly risky and takes a long time
Every bossfight in DS3 however is simply a fight of attrition where the only time you die is when you run out of Estus because you can simply rollspam and heal almost instantly
It's two very different designs, but DS2 simply feels much more rewarding since it doesn't rely on a clusterfuck of spam to be hard
>>
>>383798723
You can choose not to roll, and block instead.

also,
>wow I need stats in a game with a stat system! Bull poopie!
>>
>>383797776
Demons came out at a point in the industry when pretty much all combat was floaty, with no real weight where you could drop 50 hit juggling combos on people no problem. Its brand of combat was fresh, slow, weighty and every button press mattered. So it created its own niche in players
>>
>>383796147
this is the stupidest fucking copout, they clearly did not intend for this to be the case. The game had rushed development and according to most sources was going to have a totally different structure (likely true open world like BoTW) before bamco came in at the last minute and ordered everything be torn apart and stitched back together to more resemble DaS 1.
>>
>>383798543
wait, isn't the old dragonslayer literally ornstein?
I was under the impression that you were supposed to go "hey, old friend" and then immediately get sad at how incredibly easy he is to beat when he is slow and without a fat ass as backup
>>
>>383780218
Build variety was pretty large which lead to a lot of fun but that's about the only thing I think it did better than the other games in the series. Some bosses were very neat conceptually but they rarely turned out as good as they could have. Covetous Demon's bodies hanging from the ceiling and eating the player, invaders during the Looking Glass Knight, and that one frog demon boss' design all stand out as really neat things that unfortunately never amounted to much when I played the game.

I'll always love the double pyromancy flame playthrough I did though.
>>
>>383798750
>precise timing and tactical movement required
no way das2 babbies are this delusional
i would record myself beating fume knight without rolling because he is that easy but i'm on my laptop right now
>>
>>383798453
...DaS reused a shitton of asset from DeS.
>>
File: IMG_5874.gif (967KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5874.gif
967KB, 294x233px
>>383798380
They really are.
>pursuer
>doesn't chase you, just despawns
>retarded grab/stab with a wonky hitbox
>can literally walk around half of his attacks by going to his right
What a waste, should've had him keep appearing as a type of invading boss to dock with you, sort of like that assassin.
>>
>>383798723
That's not even remotely close to the primary problem with DS2 you absolute shitter.
>>
>>383798929
Yes, but because it's the same character in the same universe it's just stupid poopie reused assets! Frick you B-Team!! reeeee!
>>
>>383798502
health and defense will become obsolete at a certain point once everything starts to hit like a truck. Rollframes are allways as good, and its stupid to have them in a stat that doesn't even govern your equipload, unlike all the previous games where equipload matters.
>>
>>383783769
That's not the first sin, it's the Scholar of the first sin, aka Aldia (vendrick's brother)
>>
>>383790729
what armor is that?
>>
>>383798864
The same thing is pretty much true for DaS1 except it reached a larger audience
People found it hard because they were used to rushing ahead and getting those epic 30 hit GoW combos in instead of taking their time. So they got fucking owned by the game and loved how different it was compared to other hack & slashes
>>
>>383798986

You know, funnily enough that gif loaded in slow motion for me and I managed to see what happened frame for frame. The sword did make contact with the character's foot. Clearly also when it wasn't during an i-frame. The reaction does look really janky because they only had one animation for if you did get caught by that attack.
>>
>>383798832
Blocking was also worse in DS2 (maybe they fixed it in scholar) because the game seemed to hate 100% phys block shields in the early game.

And I'm not necessarily complaining about the stat system, I'm complaining that they just arbitrarily added another stat in for no reason other than to gimp people that want to play without shields. Which is the primary drawback to me because I want to go back to Dark Souls and try to play without shields but if dodging is gimped so hard at the start it sort of dampens that dream.
>>
>>383799146
Vendrick's armor and dragonrider helmet.
>>
>>383799146
>>383799146
Vendricks with the Dragon rider helm I think
>>
>>383788662
Probably because they pulled out of the "shit is dark, man" stuff from the first builds and just increased global brightness (or at least brightness in some areas), without adapting the scene itself, which in return lead to this bland contrast.
>>
>>383799270
You get the drangleic shield pretty fast though
>>
>>383798995
I don't know, most of the time that I think of problems or poor design in DS2 you can turn it all back to "lol hard game!"
>>
>>383798964
Then what was up with people saying fume knight was hard when he first came out?
also
>X isn't hard, but Y, that's a hard boss
>>
>>383797706
Its more forgivable for BB to look samey than Souls IMO. BB Is Victorian with mythologies that fit about that time period. It would still be nice to have more dream like areas but no one has radically different dreams every night. Its all based on your imagination.
Souls on the other hand is Medieval Fantasy, and the mythologies of that era are... more magical? more of an Epic?I dont really know how to describe it. So its expected to be more varying as you travel to various, distant lands in your adventure.
I dont know, thats just how I see it. When I think of a medieval adventure I think of vastly varying lands with many different races of people. When I think of a victorian adventure i think of a more constructed setting with everybody being mostly the same, kind of like Dracula I guess. Though, like I said, it being in a dream gives it much more room to have more varying designs, but I thought it did a pretty good job with that. Specifically Nightmare Frontier, Nightmare of Mensis, and Romms boss room.
>>
File: 9.jpg (515KB, 1599x896px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
515KB, 1599x896px
>All the knights in this thread in giant ass armor with huge ass swords

Surely I will win because of my superior speed.
>>
File: 5qhlv76.jpg (831KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5qhlv76.jpg
831KB, 1920x1080px
>>383789243
Same. The sheer amount of time and emotion I left on the fucking bridge. Good times.

>>383780218
Also OP. Best armor and weapons in the series. Hands Down. If what you care about is your specific character being a badass this is the one for you.
>>
File: glasses.gif (1MB, 405x280px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.gif
1MB, 405x280px
>>383786810

>mfw the veil has complete curse immunity
>>
>>383798971
I like looking for all the DeS assets in each souls game. It's a fun game of I spy.
>just realized the sound those ice enemies in eleum loyce make is a slightly edited sound of the lift in DeS that leads to Ed the blacksmith
I thought there was an elevator nearby when I encountered those enemies
>>
File: dark souls 2 development.webm (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 2 development.webm
2MB, 1440x900px
>>383799326
>make Scholars due to next-gen
>still don't fix all that shit
Guess we have Bamco to thank for that one. Still love the game despite all the issues.
>>
>>383799416
People weren't used to his slow ass laser sword that baits you to roll too early in the wrong direction.
>>
>>383798171
>>383798502
Its mostly the fact that even if you have low ADP, you still shouldnt be able to get hit and take damage if the object clearly doesnt make contact with you. Thats my problem with it. ADP giving more iframes is fine to me, but dont make it mandatory by making the hitboxes shit.
>shockwave
shcokwaves shouldnt do damage unless its an actual elemental shockwave or something that actually makes sense, otherwise it should just stagger you at most
>>
False advertising, wasted potential, feels like shit to play
>>
>>383780218
It's comfy as fuck.
>>
File: 1443897589963.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1443897589963.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>lifegems were a mistake, DS1 was so superior
>>
>>383798750
Popping two lifegems took no time at all.
>>
>>383799748
So you're saying games become easier once players know how to exploit the enemies weaknesses?

Really made me think...
>>
File: 1499630585211.png (995KB, 934x854px) Image search: [Google]
1499630585211.png
995KB, 934x854px
>>383799416
The average dark souls player is in the double digits that's why. All the retarded people that have never played a video game in their lives seem to really like it, I'm guessing because of the "hurr it's so hardcore" meme.
>>
File: 1438971634826.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438971634826.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>383799802
truly the thinking mans PvP game
>>
>>383799802
I liked what they did with backstabs in 2, probably my favorite part of the game other than the armor designs.
>>
>>383799979
Pyromancy would've ended that guy pretty quick and he had some too.
>>
>>383799875
I'm not talkin about a non video game playing person, I'm talking about people on this fucking board.
>>383799748
So you're saying something gets easier when you learn it? Wow it's almost as if I'm playing a soul game.
>>
File: Dark Souls PvP.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls PvP.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>383800049
I concur
>>
>>383799802
>look at my gif with duped items! Really showed those guys!
inbf "lol not ending up with 99 humanities because you never use them what are you a scrub? Oh I took damage time to pop some humanities."
>>
File: 1498502573475.png (575KB, 423x584px) Image search: [Google]
1498502573475.png
575KB, 423x584px
>>383800152
>2 garbage players that literally let themselves to get backstabbed
Butthurt DaS2 baby that got chainstabbed by a mean havelmom and had to go back to his shit game, while cherrypicking old videos from 2013
Sad!
>>
File: 1386402377067.jpg (35KB, 271x284px) Image search: [Google]
1386402377067.jpg
35KB, 271x284px
>Demons pvp - grass munching simulator
>DS1 pvp - teleporting back stabs
>DS2 pvp - get hit by a guy swinging his sword 20 feet away from you
>DS3 pvp - 1 v 5s all day erry day
>BB pvp - Not real pvp

Why do pvpers play this game?
>>
>>383800282
I mean you can also not dupe humanities, if you go to the abyss you can have 99 in like 20 minutes if that.
>>
>>383800397
I'd say 3 is just as bad as DeS in terms of healing, I mean if someone heals there's really nothing you can do about since it's so quick. At least in BB it was a parryable action.
>>
>>383790982
>not counting all the good parts, why is this good?
>>
>>383796131
The only respectable criticism ive seen.
>>
File: 1439799026495.webm (2MB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439799026495.webm
2MB, 700x400px
>>383798986
>foot gets stabbed and sucks you in because the game only has one kind of grab animation
meanwhile in DS1 land

>>383800282
you never played DS1? It's the second most easy item to farm in this game
>>
>>383800152
>trying to get extra against a flip flopper right after punishing their attempt. Not even chainstabbing like a true tryhard chink.
>>
It's better than 3. Worse than BB and I.
>>
Worst souls/bb game, still a great game though.
>>
>>383800397
They like to believe they're good at competitive gaming because they can abuse game mechanics while playing with cookie cutter builds on a game about dragon waifus.
>>
>>383800397
I never liked the PvP in the souls games even though its one of my favorite game series. I just went through all of DS1 and 3 hollowed/unembered because I just flat out dont feel like dealing with it. When I finally do feel like im good enough to try some PvP, they come at me with some retarded ass meme build and destroy me or, on very rare occasions, I kill them and its not even close. Both ways its not fun. especially since in DS3 the invader can estus, and for some reason like half the time it seems like they have more estus than I do. Its just not fun to me. Mostly because I suck but I just dont feel like its something worth learning because theres just going to be some meme build / hacker that will suck all the fun out of it, which for me is battling unique builds against eachother, not the same ceastus parry spamming faggot over and over and over again
>>
>>383800397
ds2 pvp was legit well designed

i recall very few connection issues in pvp in ds2. on top of that

>best overall mechanics, knowing your weapon's range and attacking intelligently was very important, stamina was limited
>best parry and backstab balance
>best build variety
>best roll balance, couldn't just spam rolls to evade all damage like in ds3
>best invading mechanics and balance (being invadable when hollowed was a huge boon to invasions)
>best pvp arenas
>best pvp covenants

these are facts
>>
>>383800398
Yeah you can, but everyone and their mom duped items. Only total scrubs or gangbang memesters popped humanities tho.
>>
File: 1438992851110.webm (2MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1438992851110.webm
2MB, 768x432px
>>383800390
>j-just roll away from it
>cherrypicking old videos
happens with DS2 all the time
>>
>>383800823
>ds2 pvp was legit well designed
You're the dumbest motherfucker in this entire thread.
>>
>>383800823
But you can't unlock and swing in any direction freely and it feels awful
>>
Best pvp.
>>
>>383800823
Ds2 honestly would have been forgiven all of its flaws if they would have just removed Soul Memory. Or at least dont wait until everyone is already done with the game before adding in a way to get rid of souls
>>
>>383800967
the series never had good PvP, but DS2s was the best
>>
>>383800805
I only started playing DS1 in like 2015 or something like that, and the PvP was very managable
Now, I also ran around hollow most of the game because I didn't see the point in going human just to get invaded
However, at around level 100-120 or whatever the meta for "real" PvP is I don't know what happened to people. It's like everyone just caes about fashion and has forgotten that poise exists, so they try to trade hits with me with their rapier and sorcerer clothing while I'm just spamming them to death with a claymore and full havel's
I rarely even find people using pyromancy
>>
>>383800823
>best parry and backstab balace
>painting guardian sword
>immunity gear
>stabs and parries oneshotting everyone and everything with any decent weapon
>>
>>383800876
I'm not the one doing it though, spastic. Why don't you show some epic DaS2 frag videos then?
>2 spergs playing unlocked and reactive with warped sword/longsword/ice rapier/uchigatana
>5 mins of furious spinning and vicious spam of running attacks until someone eventually dies
Don't forget shit like quick attacks and recovery cancelling, that makes the top tier even more OP. Shit game.
>>
>>383800967
Nice points you have there for your hot opinion
>>
>>383800980
What do you mean? I distinctly remember whiffing some attacks in DS2 because I was used to attacks always locking on from 1, but in 2 they go off to the side if you push a direction + attack
>>
>>383787175
>throwing away all the good things that made das2 into the best souls game yet to make a much shittier version of bloodborne just because you can't accept that you are a talentless hack and souls series would be better off without you
goddamit miyazaki
>>
>>383800876
No you retard, you don't roll away from a chainstab. That gets you stabbed 100%. Way to show a clip of people just fooling around. L2p.
>>
>>383801289
Protip: The more words you put into your bait, the less successful it will be.
>>
>>383801289
Bloodborne is a Demons Souls Sequel though.
not a dark Souls 2 sequel
>>
I feel like mechanically it has the most going on, but they fucked up the balance numbers on a few things and have too many greatswords and bad weapon variety overall. Combine that with meh level design compared the first/BB and a lot of people rightfully have iffy feelings on it. The DLC stuff is the best of any souls game, though, for level design.
>>
>das2 is shit, its too easy, beat it first try with one handed broken sword, while masturbating with the other hand
>das2 is shit, its too hard, too many enemies, literally impossible, artificial difficulty, b-team
>>
>>383796931
one of the main reasons I didn't like the game

even heavy weapons felt like swinging a styrofoam
>>
>DS1 TWOP

Outside of corrosive urns I'm not sure if there is a better salt mining way in the series at all
>>
>>383801128
DS1 isnt as bad as 3's I agree, but its there. theres always an overall just better build/weapon that will just dominate everyone. Like I said, I suck at PvP anyway, so im not really the person to talk about it, but that was just my experience. Im pretty sure you can be invaded dead or not in DS2 anyway so that one just didnt matter, I tried to fight but it usually ended with me getting sweeped with a magic sword spell when im least expecting it.
>>
>>383801440
>le bait
imbecile
>>
>>383801494
>i played Dark Souls
>Dark Souls 2 is my first souls game
>>
>>383801483
The Old Hunters was the best dlc
>>
>>383801128
Its just that the game is deserted and you usually only see absolute shitters that don't even know what poise does. Ocassionally you run into some guy who might know whats going on, but they are too bored and just playing around with some goofy build.
>>
>>383801569
Better, but do that in your first post next time.
>>
>>383801260
I mean in every game but 2 you can aim your attacks mid swing while not locked on, in 2 it doesn't work with a lot of weapons you'll just turn slightly in the direction you're aiming
>>
File: 1499676777973.png (525KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1499676777973.png
525KB, 1040x1040px
>>383800823
>parrying is useless
>build variety is non existant, if you are not playing anything but top tier you are gimping yourself
>best roll balance with shit like quickrolling (google it)
>garbage pvp arena that matches sl 1 - 838
How to find a trashie that hasn't actually played this game for more than 10 hours. Kill yourself.
>>
>>383801579
i saw that old hunters adds a ton of new weapons.
and i feel very weapon starved in the main game.
when should i tackle the DLC? when can i tackle the DLC?
i want some new weapons...
i just beat the spider thing at the bottom of moonlake.
>>
>>383801260
2 has limited turn rates while chaining attacks, you can't swing, and turn around for the second swing of your chain. You usually need more than 2 swings to turn 180.
>>
>>383801716
Not to mention "Knowing your weapon's range" literally means "Knowing how much further your glitchy weapon's hitbox extends beyond its model".
>>
File: too slow.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
too slow.webm
3MB, 480x270px
Gonna dump some webms
>>
>>383795014
Not saying DS2 was hard but wasn't rapiers the OP meta back in DS2?
>>
>>383801820
>>383801673
And that's bad? I definitely think it's bullshit whenever an enemy turns around mid-swing to still hit me
>>
>>383801809
It's recommended to do right before the final boss. It's obvious when the final boss can be accessed.
>>
File: shockwaves.webm (792KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
shockwaves.webm
792KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>383801574
das was my first souls game
das2 sotfs was the last

i skipped das2 first because i just didn't care
but replaying sotfs after das3, it feels like a proper sequel to the souls series, while das3 felt like a "based on events from das1" spinoff made for quick cashgrab from fans of the series.
>>
Why does DS2 have the shittiest ost and it's best track is a directly taken from DS1 Gargoyles?
What were they thinking?
>>
>>383801898
no clue, playing it for the first time and it's just what i wanted to use, but you might be right, my damage is insane in powerstance
>>383801961
alright thanks.
>>
>>383801851
Nothing wrong with the weapon hitboxes though, it's the way the shit netcode in dark souls 2 works. It's very stupid, you basically have to predict what your opponent is going to do for the past 1 sec, and where you will be on his screen during that time. Which is why you get hit at seeming impossible range. It's very finnicky.
>>
>>383801809
>when can i tackle the DLC?
You should be able to now if you have the eye of a blood drunk hunter in your inventory.
>>
>>383801898
There were hundreds of different OP combos through all of the different patches and fixes, they couldn't get anything balanced properly. There was never consistent meta until the game was abandoned.
>>
File: havelophobia.webm (754KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
havelophobia.webm
754KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>383801948
Your turnrates aren't limited in the other games, and enemies having increased tracking in 2 makes it an insult that you are suddenly limited. Its not even about turning mid-swing, you can't turn between attacks if performing a chain, wich is bullshit.
>>
>>383801948
You fucking with me? We're talking about the player here and I don't want to believe you played the other entries in the series without ever manually aiming your swings freely
>>
>>
>>383802068
what a dick
>>
>>383801809
See, you may feel weapon starved but at least every weapon is completely viable.
>>
>>383801971
Get a better internet connection you cuck
>>
>>383801898
>>383802067
>muh meta
>muh mlg minmax autism fest
>in a single player pve game with a twist of having occasional player-controlled phantoms
the cancer that ruined souls
go play forhonor or some shit
>>
File: shockwaves(e).webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shockwaves(e).webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>383780218
This fight was best when it blew your fucking speakers out.
>>
>>383802191
Moments like this made me wish I got around to using CE for one of those corrosive urn chain guns to bust out against people like that
>>
>>383802279
>DS2fags can only mention PVP as a positive
But actually the PVP was shit!
>W-well PVP doesn't matter, c-cancer

Sad.
>>
File: Are you finished yet.webm (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Are you finished yet.webm
2MB, 720x405px
>>
>>383802279
I wish covenants were gone.
>>
It's shit
>>
>>
>>383802359
Good times. Sort of related.
>playing FFVIII on busted crt
>summon Diablos
>speakers start cracking and popping
>attack lands
>back up from crt because it sounds like it's gonna blow
>>
File: how2parry.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
how2parry.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: seems legit.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
seems legit.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>
>Have a cool concept for a game where in order to get ahead you can fuck over other players in a dynamic player versus player combat system
>the fanbase is so autistic they become obsessed with what was meant to be a world building/unique dynamic feature in a singleplayer arpg game
>begin to implement features to placate the autistic shrieking
>have to tweak weapons and spells constantly to appease the autism
>autists are never satisfied regardless of the state of the pvp,
>each game has less and less raw creative energy put into it as it is drained by autistic faggots demanding more, "Better" pvp

you ruined the series.
>>
>>383802482
I wish sin was properly reintroduced and changing covenants classed as one.
I wish the Moon police could invade sinners.
>>
File: seems legit 2.webm (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
seems legit 2.webm
2MB, 480x270px
>>
>>383798543
What is this webm even trying to do apart from zooming in too far?
>>
I like how they added new shit to ng+ and beyond.
Like certain bosses get red phantoms they summon, and certain armor sets are tied to invaders.
Shit is fun and I'm sad they didn't do it for ds3
>>
>>
File: 1491920460428.jpg (345KB, 951x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1491920460428.jpg
345KB, 951x1021px
>>383803048
>that spider boss that showed up as an environmental hazard
>any damage you do to it then carries over to the fight
that was cool as shit. Also boss souls gaining new abilities on ng+ is also dope
>>
File: DIHn5TnG.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DIHn5TnG.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
1>2>3
Shame that 2 was released in the year when pretty much every company tried to release downgraded games to have lesser expenses and so they could release games on next gen consoles and old gen too. Nobody probably remembers it because most of you are newfags, but the biggest reason why everyone started to hate on it was that it was downgarded A LOT. SOTS fixes that but someone just always uses the "muh new enemies postions".
Aldia is the best NPC in the soulsborne series
BoTC was the 2nd coolest PC in the soulsborne series
And 2 had also much more memorable music than 3. What does 3 have again? Nameless king theme and thats it
>>
>>383801851
All I know is that for the longest time in vanilla, my Uchi Running R1 was the best attack in the game.
>>
File: Lucatiel_of_Mirrah_artwork.jpg (992KB, 2000x1395px) Image search: [Google]
Lucatiel_of_Mirrah_artwork.jpg
992KB, 2000x1395px
>>383803261
2 had the best NPC's by far
>>
I can't get past how they changed the controls. Everything feels so sluggish and loose at the same time. Not being able to navigate areas smoothly bugs me. The enemy placement and aggro ranges are frustrating as well as enemy movesets. I tried numerous times to like it and finish it but I always go back to 1, 3 or bloodborne
>>
>>383780218
Ah I remember that boss. Very nice ear rape, thanks Fromsoft.
https://youtu.be/F8IapTo-_3o?t=28s
>>
>>383780218
I don't know what to think about this game. On one hand I 've seen many people say that it's an alright game but not a good Dark Souls game, but on the other hand my experience with this game has not been the best. Every thing from the trailers to the actual game left a bad taste for me.
I got to the Undead Crypt when I stopped playing this and I never played it since. I might go back to it one day, just so I can finally finish it.
>>
File: phantomfling.webm (3MB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
phantomfling.webm
3MB, 940x529px
>>383802959
>>
I liked it.
The magic was better, even some of the weapons were better. Power-stancing was cool. Armor sets were pretty great, as were the rings, and NG+ bringing in new stuff was fantastic.
>>
>>383780218
Absolutely dreadful PvE, but PvP is fairly balanced so you can use greatweapons and not get shit on for it.

Miles better than bloodborne souls 3.
>>
>>383780218
No Thanks!
>>
Pretty good game, although it has a shit ton of "why the fuck?" elements weaved into it.
In a weird way that makes it charming tho, like a B-movie almost.

DaS3 I would say is better in theory but in practice DaS2 feels more memorable, even if not for the right reasons. DaS1 and DeS as wholes are way better games still imo.

Also the engine was legit really interesting and I wish they would've tried to fix its shortcomings some more rather than moving back to the engine DaS1, 3 and BB run on.
>>
File: Bone-Fist-with-Blast.jpg (668KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bone-Fist-with-Blast.jpg
668KB, 1920x1080px
>>383801508
yeah especially after they took away UGS's golf swing knock up properties. It hurt. The only fun weapon after that was bonefists. IMO
>>
File: 1499222220486.jpg (26KB, 513x513px) Image search: [Google]
1499222220486.jpg
26KB, 513x513px
>>383800397
duelfags are the worst, Souls PvP was fun as fuck in DeS and DaS 1 where you were just invading people in random areas and hunting them down and you were both using whatever fun builds you happened to be going through the game with. Of course, the kind of faggots that always ruin every multiplayer game saw that this was too fun and had to start building specific characters just for PvP duels that were designed to be as "meta" and efficient as possible when these games are not designed for such things. FROM pandered to these faggots and ruined invasions in every game post-DaS1 and doubled down on duelfaggotry, even including a fucking deathmatch lobby in DaS3.
>>
>>383780218
Best Dark Souls game for sure, but not better than Demon's/BB
>>
>>383787451
>Ogres will chomp you when you thought you were well clear of them.
Just walk under their ass, walk backward, attack twice, repeat. For the double battle you can just abuse the ramp.
>>
I don't understand why people hate adaptability so much.
>>
>>383804971
with terrible art direction
>>
File: 1494378401737 vg 176321576.png (22KB, 225x236px) Image search: [Google]
1494378401737 vg 176321576.png
22KB, 225x236px
>>383798453
>>383798658
I suppose DaS3 at least made some kind of half arsed attempt at doing its own thing rather than just copy/pasting DaS and giving it a black skin.
>>
File: 1494852965872.png (456KB, 1876x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1494852965872.png
456KB, 1876x1536px
>>383805176
>DaS 1's equip load system worked perfectly fine for balancing rolls but they added another extremely retarded layer to it
>is extremely poorly communicated so when you are having your important first impressions the gameplay feels like shit and you can't place why
>the change to the varying equip load rolling system further confuses this and makes it harder to place what's wrong
>leveling ADP to at least 20 is an absolute necessity but any further is basically meaningless making it a purposeless dump stat that you have to waste a few levels on and then never touch again
>making already poor hitboxes even worse intentionally until you level a stat is extremely fucking retarded
You have to put yourself in the mindset of playing at release when nobody really knows the intricacies of the game, it compounded on other issues and made the game feel like shit. It's just a really emblematic problem of Dark Souls 2, a bizarre, stupid, incomprehensible design choice that nobody wanted.
>>
>>383796931
>>383801508
these two definitely killed it for me

its the only ds game I never beat
>>
>>383780218
b - t e a m
-
t
e
a
m
>>
>>383805176
I don't think it's inherently bad but the main reason it irritates me is that it makes visually identical rolls statistically inconsistent and with the emphasis on rolling over blocking it makes it another obligate stat to dump in regardless of build.

Personally, and I'm sure not everyone will agree on this with me, I think invincibility frames in Souls games shouldn't be designed around expecting the player to consciously use them anyway, they're more interesting as a "benefit of the doubt" factor in favour of the player when they attempt to dodge as you would realistically. This is a thing souls in general has been doing more and more as the series went on tho, not a fault of DaS2 by itself specifically.
>>
>>383796931
>>383801508
>>383805916
I've seen a webm posted that explains this well, it isn't just bad looking animations, basically every movement in the game has a lot of extra recovery frames that weren't there in DaS 1. This combined with shitty looking mocap animations and awful 8-direction locked movement made the gameplay feel terrible.
>>
hated it the first time, hated it less the second time, enjoyed it when played the sotfs version
>>
>>383783972
F
>>
so I played through DS2 SoftS recently hoping to at least get a mild taste of the 'best pvp in the series' and the covenants like the bell or rat guys just straight up didn't work, and I only got invaded like twice even though I walked around in human form quite often

if it's so good then why is it dead?
>>
File: 1496018759018.gif (680KB, 370x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496018759018.gif
680KB, 370x281px
>>383780218
Never heard of it
>>
>>383805964
>I think invincibility frames in Souls games shouldn't be designed around expecting the player to consciously use them anyway, they're more interesting as a "benefit of the doubt" factor in favour of the player when they attempt to dodge as you would realistically.
I agree, especially because Souls actually punishes you for actually avoiding an attack instead of exploiting i-frames. If you constantly dodge away from attacks you will preform way worse than if you dodge straight through them and at the boss to rush out some counterattacks. Bloodborne doubled-down on this but I think it made it better because the combat, bosses and enemies were designed around it, and dodging was changed to suit it better so the game had a great fun rhythm to it while DaS 3 still doubled down on i-frame roll abuse but regressed to DaS combat and design.
>>
File: tumblr_nbjuu6MZrg1rk4703o1_250.jpg (21KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbjuu6MZrg1rk4703o1_250.jpg
21KB, 245x200px
>>
>>383806130
those are tied to optional areas that nobody visits anymore, do red sign/dragon eye duels at the iron keep bridge.
>>
File: des nexus.jpg (453KB, 1400x888px) Image search: [Google]
des nexus.jpg
453KB, 1400x888px
DaS2 wasn't very good IMO.

Mostly because I played DeS when it first came out and then got DaS1 day one so DaS2 was my THIRD Souls game. I was afraid DaS1 wasn't going to be as good as DeS, but I was proven wrong. I thought the same thing about DaS2, but thought to myself "naaah I can trust them by now" Boy was I fucking wrong. DaS2 was decent. I'd rate it at a 6. I enjoyed it, but it had way too many flaws. It was just a disappointment after how amazing DeS and DaS1 were.
>>
>>383806130
because "best" doesn't necessarily mean good, its just less shit than the rest
>>
>>383806008
>8-direction locked movement
This right here was the worst fucking thing for me; yes the rest of the game felt bad to play, and was bland, but the way your character just slid everywhere made it feel like I was bound to a grid, it feels so bad playing it.
>>
>>383792381
>who cares, it's a movie, cinematography is for faggots
>who cares, it's a song, complex composition is for faggots
just off yourself
>>
>>383806008
>leveling ADP to at least 20 is an absolute necessity but any further is basically meaningless making it a purposeless dump stat that you have to waste a few levels on and then never touch again
You can play through the whole game with 3 ADP and the only boss that actually requires a different strategy is the Chariot, because you'll be forced to use the alcoves.
>>
>>383792315
this pissed me off
>>
>use halberd
>hide behind shield
>let enemy bounce off shield
>try to attack while enemy is staggered
>unless I let my own shield blocking animation run out, it will always use the halberd poke as if I was still holding my shield up
Never understood that
>>
1 was literally one of the most innovative, original and fresh games in the industry. Then 2 comes and rehashes and devolves all those ideas while making everything worse.
It's a really, really, really bad game. Fuck them for making it.
>>
File: gross.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
gross.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>383780218
>ADP
>>
>>383780218
I had fun playing it for the most part, but the inconsistent world design was a major turn off after experiencing the amazingly seamlessly connected world of the first game.
>>
>>383806346
No shit you CAN do it, you fucking mongoloid, but until you get it to 20 if you don't know what's happening you'll wonder why your roll is so shitty even in light armor and why you keep getting hit when you clearly dodged an attack.
>>
>>383806469
Yeah it was so innovative and fresh.

t. nu-souls fag that didn't play DeS
>>
>>383806748
sony shit doesn't count
dark souls invented action rpg
>>
>>383806748
it was literally a beta that didnt have the ideas that dark souls did
also nobody cared or played it because it was on a terrible console
>>
>>383780880
>>383780929
Casual btfo
>>
>>383806317
Who's the guy left of patches? The two followers of faith are behind saint urbain and sage freke, right? Then who's that?
>>
>>383806992
What ideas did DaS have that DeS didn't?

Wow, a metroidvania world but in 3d.. so innovative.. what an amazing concept.. really made me think..

DeS has more artful raw creative energy and passion put into it, the world, lore, and story pieces are so much better.
>>
>>383806538
>you CAN do it
Well obviously, I'm not the one sperging that I can't.
>>
>>383806992
>didnt have the ideas that dark souls did
Its the other way around, friend
>DeS explains why you glow
Neat
>>
>>383806992
>also nobody cared or played it
It was imported by a lot of people.
>>
File: Screen 364.png (801KB, 720x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screen 364.png
801KB, 720x800px
>>383789645

just taken. More than double DS1 hours on PS3 since launch
DS3 is not a good dark souls game. It's a bloodborne clone
>>
File: frekes-apprentice.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
frekes-apprentice.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
>>383807140
I have no idea. the only person I can think it'd be is the guy who teaches you sorcery before Freke or Yuria show up in the Nexus.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/freke-s-apprentice
>>
File: DS.jpg (610KB, 800x3058px) Image search: [Google]
DS.jpg
610KB, 800x3058px
Lack memorable moments
>>
>>383800397

>Being this lemad at people that just spam healing potions and going back to zero

shut up nerd lol
>>
>>383807573
DaS2 literally opens with a beautiful sunset/sunrise in Majula.
>>
>>383807429
yet Dark Souls is the one that invented its own genre, that is loved by everybody and will be remembered for decades. not Demons's's's Souls's's.
>>
File: 47457745754747.jpg (46KB, 532x276px) Image search: [Google]
47457745754747.jpg
46KB, 532x276px
>>383789645
Might as well since the thread is about to die.

DeS 250ish hours
DaS on ps3 250ish hours
BB 60 hours
>>
>>383807514
>>383807140
wait now that I look at it closer. Urbain's follower is the one getting thief'd by Patches and Freke's apprentice is the one blushing at the girl.
>>
>>383807514
I completely forgot about him. Ok, so sorcery guy is behind Freke and the other follower is next to Patches. That makes more sense to me since Patches is stealing from him and he hates clerics.
>>
File: patches.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
patches.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>383807757
yeah exactly. Patches stays consistent haha
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 750x1000px
>>383780218
The only problem I have is the repetitive textures. There's still a lot of cool designs, and the weapons were probably the most aesthetically pleasing of all the games at the time.
The DLC was awesome, especially DLC2. Sir Alonne turned out to be my favorite boss fight, but I've never played the Vanilla version of DaS2, only SOTFS, but I enjoyed just about every boss, not really any gimmick fights which was cool, the Iron Keep was fantastic. and the PVP in 2 is the most skill based in my opinion, the weapons were awesome and we're all pretty balanced and all the new weapons were a lot of fun. It's a real shame Miyazakuru doesn't care for it.
I'm only on my second play through of it though, haven't done any builds solely around magic, but dark magic seems to kick a lot of ass,
The hub world deal is something I thought belonged in DaS1 but it pulled off being a lone wanderer pretty well.
A lot of people hated life gems. WHY. They were fucking balanced! They worked so slow they were practically useless in the middle of a dangerous encounter, it's not like you can sneak in a few rolls and use one and your health shoot back up 50% instantly like estus.
Also, not to mention, it's the first souls game that didn't just hand you a shield right off the bat and say "her hid behind this" the game gave you the option to be a defensive tank that only attacks when it's safe or to just be a rouge fucking swordsman and cut everything to pieces, power stancing two weapons was my favorite thing about that game.

Dark Souls II was great, I sincerely enjoyed playing it and anyone who doesn't I think is a little close minded.
>>
>need to dump a bunch of points in ADP in order to even have a working roll
>poise doesn't work as it should
>soul memory
>dying is much more punishing because it reduces your health and unless you use up a ring slot it can go down to 50%
>lifegems negate the pressure of conserving your estus/healing because they're readily available to buy for dirt cheap at the beginning of the game
>absolute shit bosses
>general art direction and level/enemy design is bland and generic, everything looks washed out
>graphics are fucking worse than the previous game
>enemy placement throughout the game is often thoughtless and designed to be difficult just for the sake of it
>lore is completely irrelevant and uninteresting
>majority of NPC questlines don't have a satisfying conclusion
>controls feel weirdly light and floaty compared to the previous game and hitting your enemies isn't nearly as satisfying
it's a shit game
>>
>>383807573
Both 2 and 3 suffer from that in my opinion. DaS3 at least has Irithyll.
I think DaS1's dumb sudden lighting changes really help the memorable moments stand out.
>first time entering Darkroot
>first time entering Blighttown
>first time entering Anor Londo
>first time entering Demon Ruins
>first time seeing titty god and hearing the music
>first time seeing Ash Lake and hearing the music
Good stuff
>>
>>383804747
1. Why is the dragon dude outside? IsnĀ“t he just inside?

2. where the fuck do you fight last one in the mid? And is Souls 1 mid after you ring both bells?
>>
>>383797704
>>383797798
Dark Souls 2 was a quantity over quality game.

I've played it 4 times and that's that.

I still go back and replay 1 and 3 constantly.

I get people have different opinions and tastes, but I really truly cannot understand how people could prefer 2 over 1 or 3. The lack of polish, the corridor-like design philosophy on most areas, the movement being floaty and awkward, I just can't understand it.
>>
>>383807982
>need to dump a bunch of points in ADP in order to even have a working roll
Stop rolling early/late like a retard.
>poise doesn't work as it should
Works the best in series.
>soul memory
Meh, better than DaS3's lack of it
>dying is much more punishing because it reduces your health and unless you use up a ring slot it can go down to 50%
Don't die then?
>lifegems negate the pressure of conserving your estus/healing because they're readily available to buy for dirt cheap at the beginning of the game
So don't buy them or waste all your souls on them.
>absolute shit bosses
Welcome to Dark Souls
>general art direction and level/enemy design is bland and generic, everything looks washed out
Welcome to Dark Souls
>graphics are fucking worse than the previous game
Welcome to From
>enemy placement throughout the game is often thoughtless and designed to be difficult just for the sake of it
Welcome to Dark Souls
>lore is completely irrelevant and uninteresting
Welcome to Dark Souls
>majority of NPC questlines don't have a satisfying conclusion
Welcome to Dark Souls
>controls feel weirdly light and floaty
Welcome to Dark Souls
>>
>>383783101
Try playing without a shield, the WHOLE play through, trust me anon, it's the only true way.
>>
>>383808290
>The lack of polish, the corridor-like design philosophy on most areas
Oh dear, you've gone and confused DaS3 with 2.
>>
File: 1496917573555.jpg (203KB, 704x816px) Image search: [Google]
1496917573555.jpg
203KB, 704x816px
>>383807573
>entering ash lake for first time
>>
>>383783587
Same, the hollow soldiers are much more difficult in my opinion. But once you hit about 20 in strength, Dex, etc. things will get moving along, I also always pumped VGR before anything else, I figured if my health bar was big enough I could attack and retreat in clusterfucks without getting juggled too bad.
>>
>>383808292
This. 2 really isn't that different from the other games
>>
>>383780218

better than dark souls 1 and 3, best online interactivity with dedicated servers and fun covenants, deep story that doesn't try to be cryptic special snowflake and flat out tells you that the meaning of the game altogheter is to fight on to find your own path that goes beyond light or dark and refuse to be a prop of the gods
>>
>>383808290
The last half of DaS1 sure was polished, man Lost Izalith was so great.
>>
Bb = 1 > 2 > 3 = demons
2 probably has the best . The series ranges from Goat to great tbqh
>>
File: DS2 DLC.jpg (160KB, 785x436px) Image search: [Google]
DS2 DLC.jpg
160KB, 785x436px
>>383808818
it's really not so bad
>>
File: 1487897996458.jpg (33KB, 716x537px) Image search: [Google]
1487897996458.jpg
33KB, 716x537px
>>383780218
worst combat in the franchise, objectively worst level design, and lowest quality and depth of the lore
Thread posts: 524
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.