[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IWD2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1600x900px
So why aren't you playing the best PC D&D game in terms of combat?
>>
I need to play IWD first
>>
>>383774034
>all those reading words
Holy shit, I came here to play a video game not read a bad novel
>>
>>383774927
Do that then anon, it's great. Trials of Luremaster and Heart of Winter are pretty great too despite being detached from the main storyline.

>>383775048
And you are an underage Gen Z nigger.
IWD1/2 don't even have much dialogue, they're extremely tame compared to Baldur's Gate let alone Planescape Torment.
>>
>>383774034
i'm glad the source code was lost, so beamdog can't profit off the work of others yet again
>>
>>383775328
>i'm glad the source code was lost, so beamdog can't profit off the work of others yet again
Watch the source code miraculously pop up anyway now that they reached out to the public for it, even saying they'll accept it from a shady source as long as it's a real deal.

Personally I wish IWD2EE happened though for engine and UI improvements alone.
>>
>>383774034
woa woa, IWD2 is up there, but temple of elemental evil holds that title.
>>
>>383775845
ToEE has awful encounter design.
As in, the enemy packs and shit are just copypaste ctrl+c ctrl+v job and placed without much thought.
It has better combat system by virtue of being turn based, but the encounters themselves being dogshit is why IWD2 wins. IWD2 is pinnacle of D&D in this regad.
>>
>>383774034
>Real time with pause
>Best anything
Try again faggot. Temple of Elemental Evil with the Circle of Eight mod is what you meant to say, unless you mean gold boc games for best 2e.
>>
>>383776269
Post above yours.
Also you're a nigger for hating RTwP, I hope you get flayed and skinned alive by hungry niggers, because you are the cancer that's responsible for Torment 2 being turn based.
>>
>no npc party members
>dungeons and dogshit
>rtwp

I've tried many times, it never properly stuck. same with iwd 1, except kuldahar was comfy as fuck
>>
>>383777904
>>no npc party members
http://www.gibberlings3.net/iwd2npc/
There's one for IWD1 as well.

>dungeons and dogshit
>rtwp
Kill yourself.

Also Kuldahar is in IWD2 as well.
>>
>>383776269
>>383775845
I came here to post this. As flawed as Temple of Elemental is the combat shits all over anything made in the Infinity Engine.
>>
>>383774034
I did, in 2002 and also in 2010 for the ten years of the first one
>>
>>383775917
>ToEE has awful encounter design.
ToEE has more tactical depth than any other D&D game simply due to the Balor and St. Cuthbert fights, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>383778061
>Kill yourself
why? d&d is not great, especially for vidya, and the iwd focus on nonstop massive dungeons doesn't feel good with such an irritating combat system
>>
>>383778061
>http://www.gibberlings3.net/iwd2npc/
>a Chaotic Neutral Gnome Wizard-Illusionist Female (A Romantic Option for a Male PC)
Who the fuck wants to fuck a gnome?
>>
>>383778431
fag detected
>>
>>383778431
Retards, doesn't matter since it's all optional and they don't come on to you.
>>
>>383774034
currently still playing iwdee. i just started chapter 5, when should i do HoW?
>>
>>383778647
HoW is literally completely detatched from the main plotline and the way it happens makes it seem like it happens after events of IWD1. Also doing HoW will make the final boss a complete fucking joke due to how overpowered you will be from the HoW loot. So just finish main story to the end for now, then reload save from before final dungeon and do HoW (and Luremaster, which is also standalone but you start it in HoW location) and then come back to see how much of a joke the final boss is.
>>
>>383774034
Because I've always preferred the first game.
>>
Because I have problems running it on my computer
>>
>>383774034
after baldurs gate I loved it at first because I don't really have to listen to all the rpg nerd bullshit and just get to slay stuff with my completely custom party
however after some time I realized that even the best thing (combat) will be shit if there is too much of it and a good game needs more diverse gameplay
also in iwd you can get op way too quick
>>
>>383774034
Because it looks like shit and is shit
>>
>>383781682
(You)
>>
>>383775048
It's pretty lightweight on the reading
>>
>>383775048
Don't worry, there is no console version so you can't play anyway.
>>
>>383775328
Please, that's a lame excuse to avoid working it.
>>
>>383774034
>So why aren't you playing the best PC D&D game in terms of combat?
>best PC D&D game in terms of combat?
That would be The Temple of Elemental Evil.
>>
What makes the combat so good?
>>
honestly one thing that i was surprised about IWD2 was that it actually had some pretty damn good writing,anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>383774034
If by best you meant worst.
>>
>>383785742

I agree with that. It was a simple story but well told. And the atmosphere was top notch.

However, the fucking Ice Castle part pisses me off. The goblin shit and the stuff in the ten towns before that was awesome.
>>
>>383785372
Actually it'd be Knights of the Chalice, which still isn't even that good.
>>
>>383786249
it was definetly the most well written IE game after PST t b q h f a m too bad i never finished it
>>
>>383786249
>The goblin shit
No. Literally the first thing I think of when IWD2 comes up are the stupid fucking teleporting worg riders with so much HP that it takes like 3 melee characters attacking at once to clear one of them out over 2 rounds. I hate it so much.
>>
File: 1478848186810.jpg (195KB, 1440x814px) Image search: [Google]
1478848186810.jpg
195KB, 1440x814px
Because I'm replaying Baldur's Gate I
>game was released nearly 20 years ago
> the sound of your steps depends on the armour you wearing and the terrain you're walking on
Game market crash when
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.