[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactics Ogre > Final Fantasy Tactics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: tactics ogre.jpg (395KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tactics ogre.jpg
395KB, 1920x1080px
Tactics Ogre > Final Fantasy Tactics
>>
>>383758275
Who?????????????
>>
>>383758275
Yeah, in mechanics and class options I think Tactics Ogre wins. Everything else; story, artwork, sound design I think FF Tactics wins.
>>
>>383758275
FFT has a better death scream.

FFT wins.
>>
>>383758275
Even the FFXIV dev team agrees with you
>>
>>383758275
>shit > piss
Wow, real eye opener here, OP.

XCOM and JA2 > any gook grindfest with no challenge.
>>
>>383758275
Absolutely. That game justifies a Vita purchase all by itself.

Also FFTA2 >> Ffta >> Ffta. Nostalgia fags die.
>>
File: 1438095853373.jpg (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438095853373.jpg
54KB, 300x300px
>>383758754
>>
>>383758705
>FFXIV team makes an idiotic decision
Huge surprise there.
>>
>>383758275

The PSP remake is the best tactics game of all time, everyone should play it
>>
File: 1498246448537.png (128KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498246448537.png
128KB, 512x512px
>>383758275
tactics ogre reigns supreme btw.

>tfw critical hit/killing blow as a dragoon
>>
File: wSRPGs.jpg (1MB, 1912x1626px)
wSRPGs.jpg
1MB, 1912x1626px
>>383759096
What's embarrassing is a single nuXCOM title outselling not only "iconic" gook trash like FFT or TO, but entire "iconic" gook franchises like Shitgaea. Another embarrassing thing is gook lovers pretending their shit games are still relevant to the genre at all when the superior Western games completely dominate it now.
>>
>>383759851
So are any of those good or is that just a meme image for consolewar-levels of shitposting? NuXCom isn't as good as old XCom, and the Banner Saga feels like battles are an afterthought.
>>
>>383759851

Is Xenonauts good yet
>>
>>383760120
>So are any of those good
All of them are better than any gook trash.

>NuXCom isn't as good as old XCom
Only in some aspects. NuXcom has drastically expanded RPG mechanics and character customization options.

>Banner Saga feels like battles are an afterthought
This only feels this way because the game has exceptional characters and writing in its genre, so people expect the same kind of quality from the combat system and encounter design as well, but the game is just solid in those areas.
>>
>>383760413
>Is Xenonauts good yet
It was always a good old xcom like game, I don't know what you're implying. People who wanted a reskinned old xcom instead of Firaxis games have enjoyed it right from the start.
>>
>>383760469
>RPG and character customization
whoop de fucking do, the Fallout 4 thread is a few blocks away, I'm sure your valued opinion will hold more meaning there. If those are your priorities for tactics games, you have just as shitty taste as the stupid weeaboos that worship their grindfests.

>the game has exceptional characters and writing
Again, not what I want in a tactics game. Fallout thread etc etc.

What about everything else in that image? apparently Xenonauts is good according to >>383760630, but what about the rest of the games there?
>>
>>383758275
shit thread>shit post
>>
>>383759851
That's great pal.

Anyway, nah, FFT is better than Ogre.
I'd kill for another one of either though
>>
>>383760907
>dumbfuck doesn't understand that expanded RPG mechanics provide tactical depth as a plethora of class specific skills can now be used in combat
>dumbfuck doesn't understand that "character customization" also involves selection of mutually exclusive skills for characters
I bet you're a gook lover too.

>Again, not what I want in a tactics game.
Again, you need to learn how to read. The writing and characters are exceptional in the genre, so people say the combat system is "underwhelming", because they expect it to be on the same level of quality as the writing, but it's not, it's simply solid. The combat system and encounter design are "underwhelming" only relative to the game's amazing writing, they are simply solid relative to any similar turn based tactics game.
>>
>>383761226
>RPG mechanics = class-specific combat magic
Unless you meant Rocket Propelled, you need to look up what RP stands for, since it flew over your head.
>locking characters out of builds/forcing rerolls is a good thing
oh would you look at that, you're just as stupid as the weebs you criticize.

>but the writing...!
If the writing completely overshadows the tactics, then they should have spent more time on the combat system and less on the writing. And since you're defending nu-XCom, I know you have piss-poor weeb-tier standards when it comes to tactics.

That you refuse to answer the second half of my post tells me all I need to know, you've never played anything but nu-XCom and maybe 2 other tactics games and enjoy chugging modern gaming shit like it's the last bit of fresh water on earth.
>>
>>383761676
>RP stands for
I know what RP stands for, dumbuck, it seems like you don't. XCOM already had roleplaying mechanics in it since the very first game, where character attributes dictated their efficiency in combat. NuXCOM expanded the roleplaying mechanics by adding class-based skill selection.

>locking characters out of builds
As opposed to not having any builds in the first place in the first game? Seriously, you're just spouting nonsense at this point to save face, you have literally zero clue about what you're talking about.

>If the writing completely overshadows the tactics
The QUALITY of writing overshadows the tactical depth of the combat system and encounter design, dumbfuck. The writing itself does not overshadow the the tactical part of the game, because it doesn't take too much time to read the dialogues and the general narrative, compared to the tactical gameplay part.

At this point, I have no clue what you're even trying to say, you're spouting retarded nonsense just for the sake of spouting retarded nonsense, so I'll just assume you're a shit-eating gook lover and be done with it.
>>
>>383761119
>I'd kill for another one of either though
Same. They can both be great while one is better than the other.
>>
>>383760120
Shadowrun Chronicles sucks, and Hard West feels like wasted potential. XCOM and XCOM 2 are pretty decent, and I'm looking forward to Phoenix Point. Breach and Clear seems operatorish, like a more 3D Doorkickers. Expeditions seems interesting. Can't say about the rest though.
>>
>>383762167
Clearly you don't know what RP stands for since you think class skills have anything to do with that.

>add builds
Sure, that's fine, it can make for good strategy to determine what to give up vs keep.
>add mechanic to lock characters out of builds
genius, what will they think of next, locking movement behind a paywall?

>b-buh muh shadow-
I don't think you understand, dumbfuck. If you skip over the story and don't read a single fucking line of dialogue, the gameplay is underwhelming. Since you have a really hard time understanding what words mean, underwhelming doesn't mean bad, just not as good as it could have been.

At this point, it's become clear you're nothing more than a dumb sape desperately scrabbling for any sense of superiority since you're the laughingstock of people that play actual tactics games, when you're just as pathetic as the weebs you like to mock. At least weebshitters are honest, you haven't played anything but nu-tactics shit dragged down in the trappings of 'modernization'.
>>
>>383762730
Thanks, it's nice to have someone that knows what they're talking about.

>>383762167
see how easy it is to not be a spastic sape?
>>
>>383762767
>add mechanic to lock characters out of builds
There were no builds in the original XCOM games, dumbfuck, because there was no skill system in the first place, there were only stats you could advance freely by using their related actions in combat and NuXCOM doesn't lock you out of stat progression, it just gives you mutually exclusive skill choices based on character class. NuXCOM has all the functionality of old XCOM when it comes to RPG mechanics, but adds a whole new layer of tactical depth through active skill system.The fact that you do not understand this shows that you haven't even played the games you're arguing about.

>If you skip over the story and don't read a single fucking line of dialogue, the gameplay is underwhelming
That's a nice shit, irrelevant opinion you have there, dumbfuck. It coincides nicely with that of a stereotypical shit-eating gook lover, so I was not wrong in my previous estimation. Banner Saga has a solid combat system and encounter design, its only "fault" in this regard is that these two design aspects are not exceptional in the genre, as its quality of writing is.

So, in the end, you know nothing about the games you're trying to discuss and all your posts are just nonsense, good job.
>>
>>383762730
>Shadowrun Chronicles sucks
Wrong. SRC completely BTFOs HBS trash when it comes to encounter design, because it is not filled with single action point trash mobs who cannot move and shoot on the same turn. Enemies in SRC are built according to the same rules player characters are and their builds are actually decent, which results in the game being quite challenging overall and the Infected DLC having some of the most challenging missions ever seen in SRPGs. Enemies in HBS Shadowrun games are trash with action points cut in half compared to the player that exists only to stroke your ego and die in droves. HBS Shadowrn games might be good RPGs, but they are a complete and utter joke as turn based tactics games.
>>
File: screen531.png (36KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
screen531.png
36KB, 1280x800px
>>383763523
>Tactical Depth
>XCOM2012+

You mean, Board Game depth? Seriously.

I like EU/EW/2, don't get me wrong, but holy shit is the strategy in those games nowhere near UFO/TFTD level.

>Needing a narrative in X-COM
Aliens are invading earth, Repel them. I don't need anything else.
>>
File: 14848213781390.jpg (20KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
14848213781390.jpg
20KB, 351x351px
>>383764126
>Needing a narrative in X-COM
>RPG mechanics are somehow related to narrative
That's it, this is literally the dumbest shit I've read on 4chins throughout the whole month. Just get the fuck out of my sight, imbecile.
>>
Is tactics ogre as fucking depressing and bleak as fft?

Because goddamn FFT is depressing and bleak. Never played a video game as depressing and bleak honestly and I have played a lot of video games.
>>
File: laughing satan.webm (3MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
laughing satan.webm
3MB, 1440x810px
>>383764416
>FFT is depressing
>typical anime plot of a kid saving the world from big bad demons and the evil church is depressing
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.