[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it mean anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: Capture.png (23KB, 1031x219px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
23KB, 1031x219px
Does it mean anything?
>>
>>383755656
Depends. The last digit is a clue.
>>
No. It's not even the "first HL update in years" is it? GoldSrc and Source games get updated every fucking time for whatever the fuck reasons
>>
Yeah, that Valve have nothing more important to spend their time on. They aren't a developer anymore, just get over it.
>>
>>383755656
Half Life 3 is not currently in development. We all know it.
>>
I think Valve occasionally runs some kind of asset optimization tool that'll have you download small patches to the most random shit because they're cleaning up their systems or something.

although I thought they were making Source 2, but then it turned out to just be garbage to make hats in doturd2 look sparklier or something instead of being a legit upgraded engine to the old and tired Source engine.
>>
It means that malicious code could be executed via custom Goldsrc maps, and Valve wanted to prevent that.
>>
File: My dad works at valve!.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
My dad works at valve!.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>383755923
>We all know it

Oh, you Charlie
>>
>>383755656
>Added: Afrikaans language support
>>
Who cares? Now that we have actual confirmation HL3 isn't in development, what's the point? Even ignoing HL3, when was the last time Valve has developed any game? Gaben spends his days shilling retarded Kickstarters instead of forcing his employees to work.
>>
>>383756225
>we wuz when valve wuz gud n sheit
>>
>>383756306
>Now that we have actual confirmation HL3 isn't in development
ACTUAL confirmation? source?
>>
File: WONMENU.gif (2MB, 635x474px) Image search: [Google]
WONMENU.gif
2MB, 635x474px
Who here misses WON menu?
>>
>>383756552
Why did they even change it?
>>
File: 1495412670459.jpg (42KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1495412670459.jpg
42KB, 350x350px
>People fucking died waiting for HL3
>>
this happens occasionally.
Bungie patched Halo 1 to remove gamespy and add resolutions up to 8k not that long ago.
>>
>>383755656
>fuck around milking microtransaction for years
>fuck up everybody and toss them a scrap of meat like this
>nobody in consumerist world cares except the most loyal le maymay spewing underage faggots
>continues pushing microtransaction shit in current games

wow so this is what modern gaming feels like
>>
>>383755656
hey i don't mean to be a pill but are the people in this thread teenagers? what adult is honestly interested in what fucking Valve is working on when they haven't actually released a game in half a decade and ep 2 was an ENTIRE decade ago

like if you're just young and new to valves games its cool, but I say again if you're an ADULT who has been following the situation for the last ten years you need to STOP
>>
>>383756640
Dawn of War got the THQ logo replaced with a Sega one
>>
>Portal 3 never

It's not fair! I have to know how the cliffhanger ends!
>>
>>383756630
If it turns out like shit then they're lucky.
>>
>>383756717
>it's exclusively about chell surviving out in the wild, with no portals
>>
File: 1490_f.jpg (53KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
1490_f.jpg
53KB, 480x474px
>>383756571

Probably because the old menu ran in a low resolution and for the steam version instead of recreating it properly they just scrapped it and went with a static image.
>>
>>383756479
I think it was this article, but I can't be bothered to re-read it. Either way, there was an article that came out earlier this year where the dude interviewed a Valve employee who basically said the game doesn't exist.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/01/11/searching-for-half-life-3.aspx
>>
>>383756807
But she has the Companion Cube at least, so that's something.
>>
>>383756552
Yeah, I miss that. I was kinda late to the party in the early 2000's, but I do remember buying the huge fucking GOTY box that came with the game, Blue Shift and Opposing Force. I think it also tacked Counter Strike on there for free and that was one of my first real multiplayer experiences.
>>
File: sierra.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sierra.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>shwooom floosh fwoossshhhhh
>>
>>383756552
Valve fired all their graphic designers first and then later all their writers but kept all their economics hires.
>>
>>383756118
Adam "Skyrim with guns" Kovic confirmed HL3 is a zombie project with a few interns fiddling with it almost two years ago with an insider source.
>>
>>383756371
You do realize Afrikaans is primarily spoken by whites, right?
>>
It's fucking nothing. Little updates like this on games that haven't had attention in years happen all the time, almost always to patch small, potentially exploitable holes.
>>
>>383755656

If it's true, it means Valve forgot they have someone working on it.
>>
File: tf2_old_scout.jpg (188KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tf2_old_scout.jpg
188KB, 764x1024px
>its just a few bugfixes and exploit fixes
>OMG WHAT DOES IT MEAN????
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.