[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really that bad? Just finished VLR and want to know if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: Zero_Time_Dilemma.png (148KB, 250x292px) Image search: [Google]
Zero_Time_Dilemma.png
148KB, 250x292px
Is it really that bad? Just finished VLR and want to know if it's at least playable.
>>
>>383755535
It's playable. The midgame is decent/good, with at least one pretty solid ending. True Ending falls fairly flat (but leads to solid memes). The major twist is somewhat interesting (not great) and leads to a cool moment or two. Don't expect any questions from VLR or 999 to be answered, except for some stuff about Phi and Diana. Mostly just don't go in with huge expectations like most people did.
>>
It is bad. Play it anyway and accept how bad it is.
>>
>>383755535
Was in the same boat as you till I tried it about a week ago and realized how gutted the story was. They get gassed so they lose their memories or die after every mission so it's impossible for there to be any character growth or a legitimate story arc. It really turned me off from the whole thing so I only ended up doing about 6 or 7 levels.
Also, you can beat the whole thing in two minutes if you're not an idiot.
>>
>>383755979
Does it at least address Clover and Alice's problem in VLR's ending?
>>
File: smug delta.jpg (56KB, 1000x853px) Image search: [Google]
smug delta.jpg
56KB, 1000x853px
>>383755535
Think back on your path playing those games. You had a good time didn't you?
Would you sooner sully it with memes. or let it stir in your mind until you cannot take it anymore. The choice is yours.
>>
>>383756723
Another End in VLR was retconned as non-canon after ZTD came out. So no, it was not addressed. (But fuck Uchi, Another End is the canon one, and ZTD is non-canon.)
>>
>>383756723
they use it as an excuse to introduce the most retarded element of the universe yet, and even then it doesn't satisfactorily resolve the alice/clover problem
>>
It's bad.
Flip a coin as to whether or not you should play it.
>>
guyz what if we were the aliens
>>
File: 1469961101918[1].jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469961101918[1].jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>>383757006
>OP flips the coin and as a result has to play it
>afterwards he can SHITT into the timeline where he never wasted his time
genius actually
>>
>>383755535
It's playable. It has actually some cool ideas, like how the scenes are handled in a more cinematographic manner instead of just the classical visual novel textboxes. The story is extremely disapointing unfortunately, especially the endings, which are mostly pretty stupid.

Oh, and they completely changed Jumpy personnality making him a total dick for no reason.

They fucked my Phi x Sigma ship though and I am extremely unhappy with that.
>>
Worth a playthrough.
>>
>>383756723
Indirectly, but yes.
>>
>>383755535
It's ok until the last couple hours because you spend the rest of the game thinking everything you've seen up until then will come together in a satisfying way. Then it drops the ball hard. I thought VLR was pretty bad too though.
>>
>>383757540
Don't forget how they take a massive dump on Akane's personality as well. How can Uchi even give her that name with how different she is?
>>
>>383755535
>bad characterization
>full of plotholes
>awful puzzles
>ending doesn't resolve a damn thing
>twists for the sake of twists
9/1. A must play for ZE fans.
>>
>>383756898
Fucksake. ANOTHER person who didnt read the interview correctly.
Another Time End IS Canon to the SERIES.
it is NOT Canon when Vlr is played as a standalone!!
Uchikoshi clarified this in the siliconera interview!

ATE is VERY important in understanding a LOT of Ztd. Especially how the Pods and Quantum computer work!

>>383757425
The Pod machine NEVER was aliens, It was part of the ruse cruise!
>>
File: IN09AL.png (214KB, 372x544px) Image search: [Google]
IN09AL.png
214KB, 372x544px
>guy asks if ZTD is worth playing
>nobody uses spoiler tags when they need to
>>
>>383755535
It's fucking awful, but playable. Worth playing through it if you stuck with the series.
>>
>>383757540
What, you're going to let some incest stop you, pussy?

And his personality change was valid from the bullshit he had to wade through, the only problem is he still licked the ground Akane walked on despite her causing 99.9% of his problems
>>
File: 1456784251603.jpg (1MB, 1410x1410px) Image search: [Google]
1456784251603.jpg
1MB, 1410x1410px
Still waiting for the Participant 4 reveal.

Delta is the fourth letter in the Greek alphabet.
>>
OP here, gonna play it just for series closure and so I can finally understand the "complex motive" memes.
also I got the coin toss wrong
>>
>>383757980
That was part of the ruse cruise though!
>>
>>383757812
>implying spoiler tags are needed
We can talk about the blind deaf old guy all we want and OP would still be none the wiser.
>>
>>383758031
Jump back then!
>>
>>383757812
>tfw nobody ever bothers to tell all ops who haven't finished the series to gtfo before they get spoiled
have we stopped caring, is it even worth being spoil free if ztd going to shit on everything?
>>
>>383756805
underrated
>>
File: life is simply unfair.png (359KB, 400x569px) Image search: [Google]
life is simply unfair.png
359KB, 400x569px
>>383758031
Godspeed anon.
Beware of snails.
>>
>>383758031
>play it just for series closure
>closure
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHahahahaha
>>
>>383758204
It does give you that though anon.
>>
>>383758180
But according to VLR the coin toss would change when I go back! No, but seriously during VLR I always first picked "ally" for consistency so I got really sick of picking ally, getting betrayed and the other character acting like I'm an idiot for being stupid enough to ally, jumping back to pick betray only for everyone to act like I'm an asshole.
>>
>>383757792
I recognize this typing style.
Are you the guy who says Delta lied about the aliens and that ztd was to prepare the player?
Because that theory is bad.
>>
>>383758332
Not that guy, but ZTD does a pretty poor job at ending the series, if it really is over. Basically no big questions from 999 are answered (that weren't answered in VLR). Many questions from VLR are answered, but many aren't.
>>
>>383757980
Why doesn't Junpei have that sweet ass jacket in the game?
>>
The only reason I know anything of those histories is because
I
am
a truck
>>
>>383755535
Avoid the 3DS version.
>>
>>383758498
They couldn't animate the jacket just kidding but its probably that
>>
>>383757952
>What, you're going to let some incest stop you, pussy?

No, you're right. That never stopped me nor my sister.

>>383757685
Oh yeah, completely forgot about her ! Indeed, she could have been a totally different character at that point.
>>
>>383758332
>vlr ends with the guys ready to stop an unknown terrorist
>ztd ends with the guys plus carlos ready to stop an unknown terrorist
I mean, they have Carlos now and he is the only capable person in the fucking series, but that's still a god awful '''ending'''
>>
>>383758470
Its not a theory as its LITERALLY the plot of the game and why ATE is important.
The rewrites and timegap along with making ZTD more standalone meant Uchikoshi had to allude to it less.
>>
>>383758824
Well the group not just a few all have SHIFT powers now sooo that will help!
>>
>>383757685
>999
>evil bitch who kidnaps and endangers her husbando to save her ass
>ztd
>lovely girl that's willing to kill for her husbando and feels bad about killing their parallel selves
I actually likeZTD Akane better.
>>
>>383757685
I like to chalk it up to Radical 6 being released on her in those timelines, but it's too implicit to assume.
>>
>>383757685
If you could see a multiverse that has all or most of the human race die in everytimeline you would be a negative cynic too!
>>
>>383758628
There's nothing wrong with the 3DS version. It's uglier than the others but at least it doesn't have gamebreaking bugs like the 3DS version of VLR did.
>>
【F】
>>
>>383759339
The 3DS version literally has graphics so bad that you can't tell what you're doing sometimes
>>
>>383759012
>army of shiting robots couldn't do it but a couple of shitlords plus Carlos will definitely succeed
Why didn't Delta clone Carlos instead of wasting his time cloning his not so beloved non blood related brother?
>>
>>383758470
Anyway, If you want to get super specific.

1.The theory of ZTD training the player isnt a theory
2.The theory of the Alien pods is only a theory BUT
3. Point 1 makes ANY theory stemming from it real in the multiverse. Thats how fucking mental it is!
So They could be alien but the whole training thing is still cemented
>>
>>383759620
because he had already seen the outcomes and that wasnt one/didnt work
>>
File: blick.png (2MB, 1920x955px) Image search: [Google]
blick.png
2MB, 1920x955px
>>383759462
>It's been over a year since the last stream
【F】
>>
Do you think the PS4 version will have anything new? New endings, or at least, extended cuts?
>>
>>383759927
No. The ending was open for a reason, Albeit shitty to some people and not to others!
>>
>>383759927
>new content for a game that didn't have a budget in the first place
I wouldn't get your hopes up.
>>
>>383759927
Just improved lighting and maybe animations, perfect for an anniversary stream >>383759775.
>>
D-End 1 is the real ending. Try not to mindhack yourself justifying how Phi and Delta can exist in it.

Have fun OP
>>
>>383756390
>not an idiot
>lucky
>>
It's worth it. Sigma/Diana are adorable. The story sucks like the previous games but the memes are wonderful.

If you really loved 999 and VLR for some reason then you may not enjoy ZTD.
>>
>>383758910
>>383759638
No, it's a bunch of infinity concepts haphazardly applied to an unrelated universe, the mechanics never being majorly hinted at or namedropped ever in the ze universe (aside from ate, which of course never lead anywhere being ncmf) If it really is canon as you say than it only proves Uchi is even more of a hack than he already is who can't even reuse concepts competently anymore.
>>
>>383755535
Don't fucking bother.

ZTD is garbage.
>>
cute
>>
>>383763097
999 akane was the best I'm permanently mad
>>
>>383755535
It's pretty bad. More loose ends then a bowl of spaghetti and characters are mostly either retarded or abnormally out of character. The twist is terrible and you'll never get it beforehand until it happens and you go wait what is going on and then wiki it, and even if you get it it's a very stupid twist which only leads to more retarded shit that unbelievable relative to the established rules from VLR.
The few loose ends they did take care of were so badly handled I wish I didn't know them.

Overall, Uchi is a fucking hack and I am extremely upset.
>>
>>383760043
I never understood why he never just used Kickstarter. This game actually needed it.
>>
It's actually really enjoyable until you figure out what's going on toward the end. This is typical for the writer who is able to make really intriguing mysteries but can't for the life of him make anything resembling a satisfying conclusion to his stories. If you go into it with a positive frame of mind, you should be able to enjoy it
>>
File: June_crying.png (86KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
June_crying.png
86KB, 250x187px
>>383763798
I share your pain
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.