[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting too hyped for Sonic Mania.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 525
Thread images: 78

File: DC_Zd7GU0AI82As.jpg (181KB, 884x1199px) Image search: [Google]
DC_Zd7GU0AI82As.jpg
181KB, 884x1199px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=013hjb-sjNU

What potential levels music are you most looking forward to hearing?

Goddamn Icecap zone, if that ends up being a level. Although Sandopolis Zone's music was also fantastic.
>>
>>383755318
I don't fucking know. I want more original zones than remixes but we're not getting that. I want Hyper Sonic and Hyper Knuckles back, same for Super Tails
>>
>>383755318
I know it'll never happen but Chaos Angel would make me rock hard.

Hydrocity would be nice too I guess.
>>
Chrome Gadget

but it's not going to happen
>>
File: broken anon.png (326KB, 1341x1457px) Image search: [Google]
broken anon.png
326KB, 1341x1457px
I hope it flops just to see if anybody will actually take this dude up on his bet.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z-JhQmoFWQ
>>
>>383755318
>Getting too hyped for Sonic Mania
Don't. It's always a mistake.
Just remind yourself
>we live in the SEGA-Sammy era
And your hype should die and then you can either be 'Meh, I knew it was going to be disappointing' or 'Huh, It's not COMPLETEY garbage!'
>>
>>383755318
>Goddamn Icecap zone, if that ends up being a level
you will likely not see any Sonic 3 levels for the same reason we will never get a Sonic 3 remaster by Whitehead.

because of some kind of legal issue regarding Michael Jackson's involvement in the soundtrack.

any future remakes or references to 3 would have to feature a heavily altered score, and Sega doesnt want to poke that sleeping bear
>>
>>383756532
Are you stupid
>>
>>383756550
are you?
>>
File: comfy untrue.png (1MB, 1280x1288px) Image search: [Google]
comfy untrue.png
1MB, 1280x1288px
>>383755650
>Chaos Angel
>Hydrocity
Would nut myself if either of these got remastered in Sonic Mania
>>
>>383756603
Yeah, you're stupid
https://youtu.be/vwxZ3_itR7M
>>
>>383755318
Hidden palace zone pls
>>
File: 1379215608504.jpg (128KB, 816x832px) Image search: [Google]
1379215608504.jpg
128KB, 816x832px
>>383756794
You realize Flying Battery is a Sonic&Knuckles stage right?
>>
>>383756794
Flying Battery is from S&K dude
>>
>>383756794
>>383756603
Y'all are both stupid since Whitehead said we'll see levels from Knuckles and 3 separately. Flying Battery is the Knuckles representation. And as far as 3 levels go only Carnival Night, Ice Cap, and Launch Base are off the table.
>>
>>383757045
Lets also note that you're still retarded.
>>
>>383755318
God dammit I love the classic sonic designs.
>>
>>383756105
No one is taking your bet dude
>>
File: 1378515340304.jpg (84KB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
1378515340304.jpg
84KB, 711x400px
>>383757148
>get told
>HURR YOURE STILL STOOPID

there's a reason we don;'t have a remaster of Sonic 3 yet, (despite 1, CD and 2 getting one)

And why Sonic generations lumped 3 and K together, and it wasnt just for the sake of S3&K technically being 1 game.

it's because there's legitimate legal issues with MJ's estate over the music he composed for the game, since despite being uncredited, there are several stories from several sources that he WAS involved at some point.

Hell, Some of the tracks even match songs he released AFTER Sonic 3
>>
>>383757114
so that leaves us with Angel Island, Hyrodcity and Marble Hill? Good lord, they better pick Hyrodcity because Angel Island when we already have Green hill is redundant and Marble Hill is a boring as fuck level with an annoying boss.
>>
>>383757690
I can see Hydrocity working really well for Mania
>>
>>383756532
>any future remakes or references to 3 would have to feature a heavily altered score, and Sega doesnt want to poke that sleeping bear

They've already re-released sonic 3 with replaced tracks. I'm not going to call you a retard for not knowing that obscure bit of trivia.

I am going to call you a retard for not imagining that they could do this. Also autism is a form of awareness. The fanbase already knows about the legal hurdles surrounding the soundtrack. They'll always be pissed sega didn't shell out the cash to resolve them, but a remaster of S3 or remixes of the stages was not and would not be a PR disaster for sega.
>>
>>383757898
It's gonna be Hydrocity and/or one of the multiplayer stages.

Angel Island, Marble Garden, and Carnival Night already have some of their notable stage-specific gimmicks represented elsewhere.

Ice Cap, Carnival Night, and Launch Base have issues with the music.

That makes it a pretty clear-cut case.

I'm sure Hydrocity will have bits from Labyrinth and Tidal Tempest, which will be sweet.
>>
>>383758574
>re-released sonic 3 with replaced tracks

Yeah and they were all pretty shit replacements besides Launch Base.
>>
>>383758574
I did not know they already did that
>>
>>383759209
I didn't know it either until I watched another youtube documentary on sonic 3 and michael jackson the other day

>Sonic 3 is included in the compilations Sonic Jam (1997) for the Sega Saturn,[39] Sonic & Knuckles Collection (1997) and Sonic & Garfield Pack (1999) for the PC,[40] Sonic Mega Collection (2002) for the GameCube,[41] Sonic Mega Collection Plus (2004) for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC,[42] Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (2009) for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3[43] and Sonic Classic Collection (2010) for the Nintendo DS.[44] Most compilations feature the game largely unchanged. However, Sonic Jam introduces "remix" options:[45] "Normal" mode alters the layout of rings and hazards, and "Easy" mode removes certain acts from the game entirely.[46] Sonic & Knuckles Collection features a MIDI rendition of the game's soundtrack, with certain levels featuring completely different music.[47][48]

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 was released for the Wii Virtual Console in September 2007[49] and Xbox Live Arcade on June 10, 2009.[50] The Xbox version has enhanced graphics for high-definition, online leaderboards, support for multiplayer via split screen and Xbox Live, and a new saving system that allows progress to be saved anywhere during play.[15] A PC version was released via Steam in January 2011, as Sonic 3 & Knuckles.[51]
>>
>>383759396
Fuuuuck I want Hydrocity :(
Maybe it will be one of the race stages like Chrome Gadget or Baloon park! That music is memorable but without technical shit
>>
>>383760086
Nah dawg, it's all about Azure Lake and Endless Mine
>>
>>383755318
hydrocity, the only water level I liked.
>>
File: 1470605871149.jpg (24KB, 542x419px) Image search: [Google]
1470605871149.jpg
24KB, 542x419px
>people dreading the return of Labyrinth Zone
>Not believing in the magic that is team mania
You still doubt them after what we've seen from Green Hill and Chemical Plant? I thought you guys believed in magic?
>>
Needs more LOOK OUT HE'LL FUCK YOUR MOTHER
>>
>>383762684
Those two had loops and fast.

Labyrinth has neither.
>>
>>383762940
It can just pull all the necessary crazy shit from Hydrocity.
>>
Well since mania is guaranteed to be a hit, what direction would you guys like to see for the inevitable sequels? I thought about this last night and wanted to post next time i saw a sonic thread

>mania 2
Takes from handheld sonic games, advance and rush. Two levels from advance 1, 2, 3, rush, and rush adventure. There is 10 zones right there, and then another 4 new ones. 14 total New added characters will be amy, cream, and the chaotix.

>mania 3
Takes levels from the 3D mainline games (that is; adventure, adventure 2, heroes, 06, unleashed, colors, generations, lost world, forces)

That is 9 zones right there, but they all get 2D remakes, maybe adventure or heroes can get another stage since those are the most popular and loved 3D sonic games. Another 4 or 5 new zones.

>mania 4, the final in the mania series and will be the biggest 2D sonic game ever

Only 1 level from each era, the most notable zones. I would say thats
>classic: death egg
>dreamcast: city escape or egg fleet
>modern: rooftop run, dragon road, or jungle joyride

And the rest is entirely new levels.

if you own mania 1-4, you can link them all together for the biggest sidescrolling adventure ever made
>>
>>383762940
Labyrinth will literally be a Labyrinth/Hydrocity mix.
>>
>>383757690
They should go with Marble Hill. Hydrocity is already good, it would be interesting to see how fun they can make Marble Hill.
>>
>>383755318
How many times has Classic Sonic "been back" already? I can't believe you idiots are falling for this yet again.
>>
>>383757114
>And as far as 3 levels go only Carnival Night, Ice Cap, and Launch Base are off the table.
Based on what?
What proof is there of legal issues over the music for these zones?

Literally the only evidence, as far as I'm aware, is that Sonic & Knuckles Collection had different music for those zones back in 1997, despite the music remaining unchanged in all subsequent rereleases of 3 or 3&K.
And you could just as easily chalk the music changes up to the collection using MIDI format for the music, and the changed tracks all being very sample heavy which wouldn't have worked well with MIDI.
>>
>>383762684
Where does this Labyrinth Zone returning meme come from?. And please dont quote those vague tweets, they mean shit
>>
File: 1329859731069.jpg (81KB, 407x440px) Image search: [Google]
1329859731069.jpg
81KB, 407x440px
>>383764469
>what direction would you guys like to see for the inevitable sequels?

Sonic Mania 2
>All of the zones and bosses and special stages and etc. are new. No rehashing.
>Ristar-tier act 2 differences: act 2 shares a few graphical assets with act 1 and is united by the zone theme, but is largely different, with unique enemies, level gimmicks, music, and so on.
>All playable characters get alternate paths through the levels rather than just Knuckles just sometimes.
>More new gameplay ideas like the drop dash are implemented.
>Add 'press jump when in air and uncurled to curl into a ball for a moment' feature from Triple Trouble.
>>
>>383765902
Being willingly ignorant about who's making Mania is no good, anon.
>>
>>383765902
>How many times has Classic Sonic "been back" already?
This is the first time.
The other times were all painfully obvious lies, even with minimal footage to base that judgement off of.
On the other hand with Mania we've seen a few entire acts and boss fights and basically no one can identify any meaningful flaw in any of it.
>>
>>383764469
I don't want a direct sequel, since that would require it also being an anniversary game taking from Sonic's past, but I would like a successor. Just do the same kind of thing with colors more similar to the first 3 games, all new stages, new major themes and mechanics, all new badniks, and all new bosses.
>>
>>383766456
I don't have outright proof or knowledge of Launch Base or Carnival Night, but Ice Cap is literally a repurposed Brad Buxer/Jetzons song. As for the PC collection that might have been changed because it might not have been the original version. If they change anything about the game then they'd have to pay royalties or rights I'm assuming. Mega Collection/Compilations/Steam releases all use the original rom which they're allowed to use. Also Angel Island and Hydrocity have official remixes in SSBB and Sonic Generations respectively while those other 3 zones(along with Marble Garden) aren't ever acknowledged.

The whole situation is filled with assumption, but the music is the reason we have no S3K remaster, but at the same time it's confirmed we'll see 3 content in Mania.
>>
>>383770331
I imagine that Buxer/the Jetzons will be easier to pay royalties to than the Jackson estate
>>
File: 1492231330384.png (1MB, 1868x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1492231330384.png
1MB, 1868x1144px
>>383770331
>Ice Cap is literally a repurposed Brad Buxer/Jetzons song
Yeah, and that guy provided work for the game. He's the reason it's there. It wasn't stolen or something.
I'm not sure what the issue is supposed to be.

>but the music is the reason we have no S3K remaster
Provide proof.
The people that worked on the CD, 1, and 2 remakes just say it was because of restructuring within Sega that severed ties with the people that greenlit those remakes, and afterwards interest didn't seem to be there, iirc.
We also haven't seen ports of the 1 and 2 remakes like CD got.

This all seems far more tenuous to me than the supposed legal issues with EarthBound's music, and that game managed to get rereleased, even in the US, with no music changes.

And they may make a 3&K remake yet. That seems to be what is hinted at in this image, anyway.
>>
>>383771731
>clearly Sonic Mania Sonic in that Blue Spheres screenshot
Maybe Blue Sphere is included as a minigame in Mania?
>>
Angel Island Zone from Sonic Advance
>>
>>383772734
He's implying that Mania isn't on the right screen.

That's teasing some shit.
>>
File: sonic mania day.png (331KB, 886x712px) Image search: [Google]
sonic mania day.png
331KB, 886x712px
>>
>>383772734
>who says that's Mania on the right screen? NO WAY!
>maybe it's Mania!
HMMMMM
>>
File: sonic mania collection.jpg (187KB, 354x1098px) Image search: [Google]
sonic mania collection.jpg
187KB, 354x1098px
Would you?
>>
>>383756519
Sonic Team isn't behind it, fans are, and everyone who has played it has praised it and how closely it adheres to the original games.
The only conceivable way it could possibly be bad is if after Taxman and friends finish making it, they hand it over to Sonic Team who somehow manages to be so incompetent and out of touch that they go out of their way to ruin everything good about the game.
>>
>>383775313
There's already sonic collection games, so no
>>
>>383775389
and none of them feature the definitive versions of any of the games
>>
>>383775313
I already bought the Sonic Mania Collector's Edition thing, so that's a no-brainer.

>>383775389
The implication is Sonic 1, 2, CD, and 3&K would be the amazing Taxman remakes, not just lazy ports with emulators. That's why they're all widescreen.
>>
>>383756532
We're getting a Sonic 3 level. It just won't be the levels with the MJ music in them.

So it'll be either Angel Island, Hydrocity or Marble Garden
>>
>>383758574
>They've already re-released sonic 3 with replaced tracks
Yeah and it sucked. Those tracks blow in comparison to the original genesis ones.
>>
>>383775604
>It just won't be the levels with the MJ music in them.
Provide proof of legal issues.
>>
>>383775313
not a chance, I would for $20-30 though
>>
>>383775604
Angel Island and Marble Garden are already pretty much ruled out.

That leaves Hydrocity and the multiplayer Zones.
>>
>>383762684
I don't wany Labyrinth. It's pointless when you have the spindash, it's not even Labyrinth zone anymore. That zone can only work in Sonic 1.
>>
>>383775778
>it's not even Labyrinth zone anymore
Exactly, and that's kind of the appeal of the idea in the first place. And also why the butthurt over remastered Zones is pretty silly.
>>
File: Sonic_Rush_Original_Groove_Rush.png (627KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Rush_Original_Groove_Rush.png
627KB, 740x740px
>>383764469
Hideki Naganuma OST
>>
>>383775870
>And also why the butthurt over remastered Zones is pretty silly.
How is it silly that people would prefer original content to rehashed content? Please explain.
Do you make similar arguments for games like Star Fox Zero or New Super Mario Bros. Any After the First?
>>
>>383766456
Are you fucking retarded? It's known there's major legal issues with the music.
There's a reason why Sega actively has been avoiding the topic for decades and there's a reason why every Sonic 3 & Knuckles re-release since then is emulated and never a port
>>
>>383776029
because
>it's not even Labyrinth Zone anymore

Preferring more purely new content is fine, but that doesn't mean you need to defend being completely assblasted over it.
>>
>>383770331
Carnival Night uses Jam samples
Sonic 3 Credits theme is outright "Stranger in Moscow"
>>
I can't wait for 2Dfags to get BTFO and for Forces to be the better selling game.
>>
>>383770720
That's the thing it'd be both. I'm sure Buxer would be an easier pay. I'm just citing Ice Cap as the connection between Sonic 3's music and MJ's involvement in the game as Buxer had worked with MJ.
>>383771731
What proof am I supposed to provide? I've already admitted Launch Base and Carnival Night are guesses considering and we already know Sonic 3 is under some sort of legal scrutiny(the music being the guess again here) and that Angel Island and Hydrocity have been acknowledged in the past in some way while the rest haven't been. Also going back to the music of the PC collection those songs were probably completely changed due to the MIDI's of the original songs being changed as that would have been releasing a "new" version while Compilation and ROM releases aren't. Whose to say those 3 tracks in specific wouldn't have worked well with the new MIDI?
>This all seems far more tenuous to me than the supposed legal issues with EarthBound's music
How is that more tenuous? EarthBound's issues were found in homage and sampling rather than the actual people who composed those songs also adding their work into the game. Even if there are legal issues with EarthBound nobody knows if Nintendo themselves worked out something to get it released. It's not like anyone is entitled to know that info specifically.
>>
>>383771731
>It wasn't stolen or something.
That's debatable. After all I'm not sure if Brad even asked permission from his other band members(like Bruce Connole) to re-use the thing either.

When asked in the past about the Sonic 3 fiasco he replied in a very angry manner to "leave him alone"
>>
>>383764469
Here's my autistic hopes:
>"Sequels" are just DLC packs for the game, each basically adds a new campaign for like 10$ or so
>Each of the packs (probably 3 in total) has more classic stages and new stages
>By the end every classic stage is included if you buy every pack
>You can choose to play through the original Mania's stages, any of the new sets of stages, or 1, 2, CD, and 3&K in "Mania Mode" where you play their stages in original order, but it's the revamped versions, or only the new stages recompiled into one campaign
>At least one new character, probably either Mighty or Espio
>>
>>383776178
>It's known there's major legal issues with the music.
It should be trivial to provide proof of legal issues with music then.

>there's a reason why every Sonic 3 & Knuckles re-release since then is emulated and never a port
You could say the same of all rereleases of 1, 2, and CD up until the last handful of years.
>>
>>383776301
It probably will be the better selling game since it's physically in stores where kids & parents can easily see it, it also has that dumb ass character creator and as much as I only care for Mania it only has the $20 price tag & better review scores going for it.
>>
>>383775678
How about you do your own research retard?
Kill yourself
>>
>>383775870
>Exactly, and that's kind of the appeal of the idea in the first place.
What? No. Might as well just use Hyrdocity
Labyrinth with a spindash might as well not be Labyrinth. Besides we got Labyrinth in Sonic 4 and it sucked.
>>
>>383776545
>well Dimps botched the execution so there's no way Taxman and Stealth could get it right
kek

fair point on Hydrocity, though. That's far more likely.
>>
>>383776491
I have. I've found no real proof, just a lot of pointing at a 1997 PC compilation with MIDI music, where the sample heavy tracks (the only ones that were changed) may not have worked well, and a bunch of rumors and shit.
I want something actually solid, or fuck off already.
>>
>>383776545
We got Green Hill in Sonic 4 and it's shit, so I guess Green Hill with spindash would be shit as well.
>>
>>383776385
Do your own research retard.
The fact that there's no definitive info on who did what tune for what stage(when every other Sonic game has such info) gives it away

If you followed this whole debacle in sites like Sonicretro you would know that pretty much every composer they asked for info refused to talk about it and some(like Brad) even told them to fuck off. There was one of the guys in MJ's team... I think it was Bobby Brooks...not sure, he said that there were gonna be lawsuits regarding Sonic 3 sooner or later and that "Sega owes a lot of money to a lot of people"

Sonic 3's case is more strange and bizarre than it appears to be.
>>
>>383776658
How about you fuck off yourself? If you don't know where to get Sonic info and you're not willing to dig for it you don't deserve it.
>>
>>383776839
So no proof, then?
>>
>>383776732
>Green Hill with spindash would be shit as well.
We got that with Emerald Hill
Either way Green Hill has always been a fast zone

With Labyrinth it's different since it's always been a unique slow water level in the series
>>
File: burger.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
...So who's looking forward to both Mania and Forces?

Just me?
>>
>>383776902
I'm mostly just commenting on "it was bad in the Dimps shitfest game, so it can't work".
>>
>>383776919
The smart move is to expect both to be bad and then be pleasantly surprised when one is at least mediocre
>>
>>383777107
There is every indication that Mania is going to be great.
>>
>>383776919
I was originally but Forces was looking more & more shitty to me over time, I hope it's not but I'm having no faith in it at this point. I'll probably get it in a sale one day though if I don't bother torrenting it.
>>
>>383755318
You find yourself suddenly hurled through space and time and find yourself in an unfamiliar place just as Mania is starting development.
Taxman stands before you, and asks you in your capacity as creative director which classic stages he and his team should remake.
Rules:
6 zones max
2 zones per game max (3 and Knuckles count as separate games)
How many zones you choose to revive will have no bearing on the amount of new zones
What do you pick, /v/?
>>
>>383776919
Everything about Forces looks bad to me. I'm kind of blown away by it. It's like the director showed up at my door, asked me everything I don't want to see in a new Sonic game, and then made a game that was that.
>>
>>383768520
Higher resolution graphics with sprites on SFIII level.
Fang
>>
>>383776919
>Forces
>same shit as Generations 2 at a time when Mania raised the bar significantly from where it was in 2011

What is there to get excited about?
>>
>>383778023
I think Generations looked better, honestly.
>>
>>383778376
that's even worse, then
>>
>>383777346
Marble
Mystic Cave
Oil Ocean
Ice Cap
Mushroom Hill
Lava Reef
>>
File: 1469441897379.jpg (148KB, 427x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469441897379.jpg
148KB, 427x960px
>>383759396
>Sonic & Garfield
>>
>>383775604
>>383757690
>Angel Island: badnik in Chemical Plant
>Marble Garden: gimmick in Stardust Speedway
>Carnival Night: music copyright, gimmick in Chemical Plant
>Ice Cap: music copyright
>Launch Base: music copyright
We're getting Hydrocity.
>>
>>383755791
Yeah because we'll get Azure Lake instead.
>>
>>383756105
I hope it'll succeed (which it will) so he can fulfill his promise.
>>
>>383777346
Star Light
Mystic Cave
Hydrocity
Sandopolis
Chrome Gadget
Mushroom Hill/Valley
>>
File: 010086850901.jpg (133KB, 813x1024px) Image search: [Google]
010086850901.jpg
133KB, 813x1024px
>>383777346
Green Hill
Emerald Hill
Palmtree Panic
Green Hills
Neo South Island
Turquoise Hill

>>383778982
Yes indeed.
>>
File: Sonic Mania devs.png (437KB, 1355x1677px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Mania devs.png
437KB, 1355x1677px
>>383756519
You seem a bit uninformed.
>>
>>383757690
>so that leaves us with Angel Island, Hyrodcity and Marble Hill?
And the multiplayer stages.
>>
Threadly reminder that we're getting Labyrinth, lads:

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=35709&view=findpost&p=895639

http://info.sonicretro.org/Game_Secrets:Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(16-bit)#In-game_vs._technical_level_order

https://twitter.com/teelopesmusic/status/850072943791144964

But on the bright side we're likely to get a Sonic 3 multiplayer stage to represent that game, since that was one of the things they wanted to do for the Sonic 3 & Knuckles remake.
>>
File: tenor (1).gif (2MB, 496x280px) Image search: [Google]
tenor (1).gif
2MB, 496x280px
2ish more days until the 1 month mark

I don't think I'm going to make it lads
>>
File: Not Fast Enough.gif (2MB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
Not Fast Enough.gif
2MB, 400x306px
>>383779665
Man, I fucking hope not, Labyrinth always felt so lame to me, all it has going for it is the music in my opinion.
>>
>>383779665
What do the first and second link prove?
>>
>>383779934
The hole is most likely referring to a level transition. The second link shows Sonic 1's original level order which had Labyrinth following Green Hill. Seems super likely that Mania would pay homage to this kind of trivia since the game's all about these kind of references.
>>
>>383764469
>Well since mania is guaranteed to be a hit, what direction would you guys like to see for the inevitable sequels?
The death of the series so Sonic can rest, knowing he got one final good game rather than devs milking Mania
>>
>>383775313
Knock it down to $40 and throw in some extra features, then we'll talk.
>>
>>383780174
>finally do something right once again
>this is the time to stop, forever
Retard.
>>
File: onlythedeadgamma.png (115KB, 409x392px) Image search: [Google]
onlythedeadgamma.png
115KB, 409x392px
>>383779893
>tfw have to hold off killing myself until after Sonic Mania
>>
>>383779916
I seriously don't get this complaint. Just because you didn't like the original level doesn't mean you'll dislike Mania's take on it, since it would be a remix for act 1 and a complete overhaul for act 2.
>>
>>383779893
It feels like I'm not gonna make it somehow. I haven't felt like this for a game release in years.
>>
>>383780264
>finally do something right
>hey let's make mania 2
>hey let's make mania 3
>hey let's make mania 4
>Each degrades in quality more and more
>Sonic goes back to getting nothing but shit games
>>
File: derp_by_notjohnny-d3fo624.jpg (25KB, 498x368px) Image search: [Google]
derp_by_notjohnny-d3fo624.jpg
25KB, 498x368px
>>383755318
Looking forward to the Act 2 boss music. Out of all the tracks we've heard so far this is the one that brings me closest to tears. It's so melancholy and menacing. Wish there was a clean rip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J9h7SDC2Go
>>
File: 1496339824297.png (62KB, 326x277px) Image search: [Google]
1496339824297.png
62KB, 326x277px
>>383776919
What's there to get excited about with Forces? It's just Generations 2 but with a new dumb gimmick character (which is literally just Modern Sonic minus boost + Wisp guns) with a completely redundant Classic Sonic that'll look like shit when compared to Mania.

Unless we get some spectacular new gameplay footage that changes everything we know about the game, I'd be shocked if it breached a 6/10 review score across the board at this point.
>>
>>383780413
>Sonic Mania Adventure
>>
>>383780413
>Each degrades in quality more and more
How did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>383755318
>Some new kids show on Cartoon Network or whatever
You have to be at least 18 years old to post here
>>
>>383780413
You'd be right if this were Sonic Team, but Taxman and friends have enough autism to actually pull that kind of rehash shit off. Ideally they'd get to make a brand new game after Mania though.
>>
File: 1499667754188.gif (343KB, 329x283px) Image search: [Google]
1499667754188.gif
343KB, 329x283px
>>383780539
>people that were born the year Sonic Adventure came out are old enough to post here
>>
>>383780252
>some extra features
These remakes already have that, my dude.
>>
File: 1470302844675.png (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470302844675.png
164KB, 500x500px
>>383780668
Not enough to justify $60 friendo.

I know it'll never happen, but a Sonic Jam style 3D level that had a bunch of extra content to look at would be the absolute tits. You could even outsource it to some other fans so it's cheaper to produce and it won't be hot garbage.
>>
>>383780312
I'm more disappointed by it since it'd imply Hydrocity wouldn't be in it and I prefer that stage heavily when it comes to theming, setting and music, at most we'd get some neat mechanics from it but that's it. Also I while Act.2 would probably be fine Act.1 would probably still be lame to me since those Acts are more truthful to the original game they're based on in terms of aesthetics, music & level design. By the way I don't think I'll dislike it in Mania necessarily, it'd just be the weakest part of the game to me most likely but that's just an assumption.
>>
>>383780794
>Not enough to justify $60 friendo.
Says you.
>>
>>383776919
>Just me?
Yes.

>>383777107
You're being pessimistic about Mania for literally no reason, that's not a smart thing to do.
>>
>>383780794
>3d hub is basically Utopia's open world
I need this
>>
>>383781124
>Utopia's open world
>but with production values, actual content and things to do, and you can unlock all sorts of obscure Sonic series art and video clips and shit
imagine
>>
File: 1485646435235.jpg (38KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
1485646435235.jpg
38KB, 600x460px
>>383780904
Says a lot of people. You're delusional if you think people would pay full price for a collection of games they can already get for significantly cheaper separately. You gotta go above and beyond to demand that price. And frankly, I was being generous with $40.
>>
File: 1469570828875.png (153KB, 230x276px) Image search: [Google]
1469570828875.png
153KB, 230x276px
>>383781291
This is getting on the larpy side, but if we followed that train of thought: They could even use it as a means to test the waters for a Utopia style Sonic game like they did with Sonic Jam's Sonic World which is literally a SA1 beta build engine to see how people would react to it. It would NEVER EVER happen, but if it did it'd be like coming full circle.
>>
File: 1499004090613.gif (1MB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
1499004090613.gif
1MB, 400x309px
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you know this is the truth.

People keep saying Mania is Sonic's resurrection, his path back to being a star and the golden boy again, you're unfortunately very wrong. This is more of a final stand then a resurrection, this is like that one soldier of glory going out against a battle of millions which he knows he can't beat, but he'll take out as many as he can. That army has something that not even he can stop, The OC creator. Forces, how insanely bizarre and terrible it is, has something which is the culmination of everything that has made Sonic shit throughout the years, it is the peak of everything wrong with series, all rolled up into one giant autism ball of desperation which will wash over Mania like a ocean devouring a pebble.

Mania will undersell, much like most 2d platformers, see the newest Megaman games, and Forces will outsell it, forcing the the series to go in that direction.

>inb4 sega are not that dumb

Just -look- at the video game that is being made, look at Forces, then really think about that sentence. They really have no fucking clue what they're doing any more, and to anybody who GENUINELY wants Adventure 3, you truly are lost.

Mania will stand as a flag of honour for the Sonic series, showing what could of, and SHOULD of been. The Swan Song.

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL85tEePWyQ makes me want to end my self, the fact this will sell more purely based that it has a physical is so stupid. Sega not making Mania a physical is the silliest thing they've done in years.
>>
File: 132.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
132.gif
2MB, 300x225px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI97jY3FZ9Q

ONE MOREE LAST FISTTT BUMMMPPPP

Is this kino? Am I not woke enough to understand how good this is? Is this so bad, it's actually good? What the fuck am I listening too
>>
File: 1447638968669.png (232KB, 350x441px) Image search: [Google]
1447638968669.png
232KB, 350x441px
>>383781772
I'm not feeling it at all personally, while this is the best song (which is expected from a Theme Song) so far to me Force's OST has underwhelmed me greatly. I don't know, so much about Forces has rubbed me the wrong way and I'm someone who enjoyed the Adventure games, Colors & Generations.
>>
>>383781772
Complete mediocrity, which perfectly sums up Forces as a whole.
>>
>>383781551
I don't think that Mania will undersell.

I mean shit, Sonic 4 Episode I sold pretty well, enough for them to make a sequel with way more effort put into it (see: an amount), and that was digital-only as well, as far as I know.
>>
File: Sonic Mania info so far.png (2MB, 1860x4877px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Mania info so far.png
2MB, 1860x4877px
>>
https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/

>Sonic Mania: Behind the Scenes

>Saturday July 22, 2017 7:30pm – 8:30pm Room 24ABC

>Takashi Iizuka (head of Sonic team), Christian Whitehead (developer, Sonic Mania), Simon Thomley (programmer, Sonic Mania), Tom Fry (artist, Sonic Mania), and Tee Lopes (composer, Sonic Mania) discuss the road to development behind the upcoming Sonic Mania video game and share new insights about the game. Moderated by Aaron Webber (Sonic social media manager).

Can't wait for this, wonder if they'll reveal the Sonic 3 stage at Comic Con to round off all of the classic games being represented before launch?
>>
>>383782580
>wonder if they'll reveal the Sonic 3 stage at Comic Con to round off all of the classic games being represented before launch?
More than likely not based on this >>383782389 and regardless I don't want them to spoil more of the game, we have a month left so it feels pointless.
>>
>>383783192
By no more new zone Aaron meant NEW zones, remixed zones are still fair game. I should know because I added that to the image and asked the question as well.
>>
File: 32.jpg (11KB, 262x296px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
11KB, 262x296px
>>383780413
That would only happen if Sonic Team were in charge of the sequels.
>>
>>383756105
I really hope it succeeds so that the Sonic hating faggot kills himself.
>>
>>383756532
But that black bastard is dead!
aaaaaaaargh. Everything has to be ruined by cunty IP laws.
>>
>>383776919
I was excited for Forces, but I'm getting increasingly skeptical every time the game gets showed off. I'm still hoping it'll be good, and I'll still be buying it at launch.
>That music
>That level design
>Another mediocre gameplay style to distract from Modern
>>
File: 1096122Sonic_Team_Logo_7347.png (7KB, 218x174px) Image search: [Google]
1096122Sonic_Team_Logo_7347.png
7KB, 218x174px
>Sonic Mania ends up being fantastic
>it sells great
>sequel is announced
>Sonic Team at the helm

yfw
>>
>>383783434
What's with the sudden increase of Kimposting lately?
>>
>>383783931
>Adventure 2 level progression
It's shit.
>bu-buh i liek the boost
And I bet you also like it mostly 2D (AGAIN), short as fuck and buried under shit like """classic""" Sonic and the OC. Forces is fucking SHIT.
>>
File: 1442772121783.png (106KB, 315x215px) Image search: [Google]
1442772121783.png
106KB, 315x215px
>>383783971
>>
File: 1493569218962.png (338KB, 1278x519px) Image search: [Google]
1493569218962.png
338KB, 1278x519px
>>383783971
>>
>>383783971
>dev team taking control of its own series is one of the worst possible outcomes
pretty fucking ridiculous when I think about it.
how did it get like this?
>>
File: 0535073552.jpg (10KB, 270x351px) Image search: [Google]
0535073552.jpg
10KB, 270x351px
>>383783971
They add:
-homing attack
-a boost meter
-8 playable friends, including at least 3 hedgehogs
-a hub world where you need to find 3 keys to unlock the next stage
-a mandatory virtual pet mini-game
-lots and lots of dialogue during the stages that interrupt the flow of the gameplay
-a romance subplot
-BUTTROCK
>>
>>383781551
>should of been

Prediction invalidated.
>>
>>383784058
>>Adventure 2 level progression
>It's shit.
What do you mean by this? Adventure 2 just jumps from one level to the next, much like most of the other Sonic games.
What would you have preferred? A hub world containing approximately 0 things worth doing other than going to the next level?
>>
>>383784327
>8 playable friends
Not by today's Sonic Team.
>a mandatory virtual pet mini-game
I can see this if it's raising wisps and not chao.
>>
>>383784327
>BUTTROCK
/v/ loves buttrock though for some reason
look at the soundtrack threads
>>
File: 1432565232.gif (104KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1432565232.gif
104KB, 500x370px
>>383755318
Greenhill zone.
>>
>>383784171
It got like this because they literally do not care about or understand Sonic anymore, and they haven't done for at least a decade or two. There have been some arguably good Sonic games in that time, but they've been flukes, and Sonic Team clearly didn't understand what made them great because they proceed to fuck it up by the very next game.

I think it's about time that Sonic Team stopped being the Sonic team. Nobody seems to want them making Sonic games - including themselves. It speaks volumes that Puyo Puyo Tetris is the best game Sonic Team have put out in over a decade
>>
File: 20.jpg (15KB, 314x372px) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
15KB, 314x372px
>>383784453
Are you kidding? Autists love half the shit I listed.
>>
>>383784468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSdCTS4QTNQ
>>
>>383755318
>tfw no physical Switch copy
>>
>>383784418
>much like most of the shit Sonic games.
Fixed, at least in Generations you could play as both Sonic at your own pace. Now you're gonna be forced to play in a certain order every time, what if don't fucking want to play two non modern Sonic levels in a row right now? Well too bad, I get fucked.
>>
>>383784058
>Adventure 2 level progression
If it's anything like literally every other game in the series, you'd have to go through all the levels you dislike eventually anyways. As long as there's a stage select for replaying levels, that's fine.
>And I bet you also like it mostly 2D (AGAIN), short as fuck and buried under shit like """classic""" Sonic and the OC. Forces is fucking SHIT.
Christ, where did you pull any of that from? I'm just not willing to call the game shit when we've seen nothing beyond each respective character's first level
>>
>>383784526
>>383784327
Really. What's with the Kim. You just found out about her or something?
>>
Alright, so let's say that for SOME reason Sonic is given a voice in Sonic Mania. Most likely not for cutscenes and more like once they gain a life or a nod to Sonic CD I'M OUTTA HERE.
Who do they pick for Sonic's voice and why is it Jaheel White/Keiko Utoku?
>>
>>383784965
That's a funny way to spell Martin Burke.
>>
>>383784665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CbRyCGNU3A
The guy wasn't even speed running the stage and managed to beat it faster than every other first stage from all of the boost games. For fuck sake the OC has a bigger level than modern Sonic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JwnP9eFo-c

And don't even get me started on their pathetic display of classic gameplay and level design:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY3KVTMm264

Seriously fuck off with your retarded "g-give sanic team a chance guys" meme. Forces has been NOTHING but red flags so far, and after so many fuck ups from Sonic Team throughout the years they don't fucking deserve any benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>383784606
Oh, you meant forced gameplay style switching. Yeah, that shit's dumb.

>at least in Generations you could play as both Sonic at your own pace
Not really. It gave you a tiny taste of freedom, but only enough for you to quickly be locked out of more content with the playstyle you prefer, and have to experience all of the playstyle you like less back to back in order to continue.
And then the bosses and rivals and shit you have no choice at all.
And then you have to play some of the shitty missions.

As far as I know, Adventure is the only 3D game to let you stick to your preferred playstyle (once you've unlocked it) and experience the entirety of that playstyle's content in one go with no distractions or detours or anything.
>>
>>383785206
>Martin Burke
You can't be serious, right? He might not be from any of the classic Sonic games, but it's clear the right man for the job is Ryan Drummond.
God fuck I will forever hate Sega for fucking him over for the voice role in Generations. LET'S BLAST THROUGH WITH SONIC SPEED
>>
Nu-Sonic fans are all faggots
>>
>What potential levels music are you most looking forward to hearing?

Hydrocity Zone all day every day.
>>
>>383785297
>It gave you a tiny taste of freedom
I know, but my point is that Forces gives you NONE of it, yet another downgrade from Generations.
>>
>>383776919
Sorry, but it is just you. Every time Forces reveals something its just a big turn off to me. Mania is bretty gud tho.
>>
>>383776919
Totally. I buy every piece of trash I find that has the Sonic the Hedgehog brand attached to it. I'm a loyal consumer sheep.
>>
>>383756105

The dude in that picture is a 90s born retard who doesn't know that the entire industry is made up of oldfags who want Sonic to be 2D.

Journos will give Sonic Mania a fantastic Metacritic score even if it's bad.

Want to know how I know this? Because these people did the same thing for Sonic 4 Episode 1.
>>
File: 1492785659239.jpg (45KB, 474x435px) Image search: [Google]
1492785659239.jpg
45KB, 474x435px
>>383785565
>What Tee could do with Act 2's jam
>>
>>383785215
>modern is almost 100% boost hallways, or godawful slow 2D platforming with poor physics
They're never going to make a proper fully 3D Sonic game again, are they? I don't think we've had a single one since 2006, unless you're counting like... Secret Rings, or the mobile runner games.
>>
>>383784965
JP OVA Sonic and I can't literally complain.

This because if they bothered to call Keiko everyone would expect a god-tier intro song, and that ain't ever gonna happen, so I'd be disappointed.
>>
>>383785837
Exploration-based platformers are dead outside of Mario.
>>
>>383785951
>Exploration-based platformers
What in the world are you talking about? Aside from Knuckles, the 3D Sonic levels were all mostly linear with some branching paths here and there, much like the 2D games.
>>
>>383786084

Then if you're not exploring, why would you need to move in 360 directions?
>>
>>383785951
Stop being a meanie.
>>
>>383786172
...Is this a trick question?
>>
>There's going to be a fucking Stardust Speedway Zone (Past, presumably)
How good is the music going to be? On top of that, will there be a Metal Sonic reference thrown in there?
HUREHEHUREHEHUREHEHUREHEHUREHEHUREHEHUREHEHUREHEHUREHEHUREHE
>>
Why is the Sonic fanbase almost as autistic as the Pokémon fanbase?
>>
>>383786330
It's gonna be cool hearing Tee Lopes modernize the SS Past tune. It hasn't even had a CD quality version made.
>>
>>383786330
>(Past, presumably)
What did he mean by this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvD8NZN9Zsg
>>
>>383786340
>almost as
m8...
>>
>>383786465
I say "presumably" because I'm not sure if it's going to just BE the Past version of Stardust Speedway. For all we know there could be a fucking cut to the Present/Good Future Stardust Speedway during the second act.
https://youtu.be/HRdnalBvpyo
>>
>>383786659
Well at least one act is guaranteed to be in the past so what's there to presume?
>>
>>383786659
I have a feeling the zone will most likely play with the time aspect. They wouldn't just have the past in a Sonic CD rep.
>>
>>383785826
>messing with perfection
no.
>>
>>383786719
fuck you're right
Bottom line, Stardust Speedway will be fucking amazing in Sonic Mania. even though it would have been nice if Quartz Quadrant, Wacky Workbench or Tidal Tempest was remastered instead
>>383786738
>Act 1
>Sonic/Tails/Knuckles runs through Stardust Speedway
>When they get to the end they hit a "Future" sign post and get sent to the Present
>"Act 2"
If there's three/four acts in Stardust Speedway I'll be goddamn ecstatic.
>>
>>383786940
You have no idea what Tee could do to improve perfection.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04nBdQU9rbc
>>
File: 1484926211171.jpg (126KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484926211171.jpg
126KB, 333x500px
>>383783971
Don't you means Dimps?
>>
>>383786302
Of course not. It's a fundamentals of game design question. If you're making a Sonic game and you're trying to keep an emphasis on Sonic moving in one direction at a fast rate, why would you give the player the option to move in full 360 degrees unless you're designing a game that isn't strictly speed/platforming focused and has a greater emphasis on exploration? Doesn't that complicate things? It doesn't really make any sense to do that.
>>
File: 1499560455166.jpg (84KB, 475x483px) Image search: [Google]
1499560455166.jpg
84KB, 475x483px
>100% mania
>secret ending
>cut to black
>[/spoiler]OC creator unlocked.
>yfw
>>
File: IsZF8pX.gif (496KB, 435x248px) Image search: [Google]
IsZF8pX.gif
496KB, 435x248px
>YFW Mania outsells Forces
>>
File: 1485459737507.jpg (53KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1485459737507.jpg
53KB, 403x403px
>>383787228
Uh, cool?
>>
has anyone confirmed if there wiil be cheat codes and a super form?
>>
>>383787340
Nope.
>>
>>383787340
Of course there will be a fucking super form

Atleast some super, if you genuinely think there won't be you have no idea who is making this game
>>
>>383787228
>secret ending
>"SEE YOU NEXT GAME"
>Sonic doing the peace sign next to Tails, Knuckles, and Rosy
>>
>>383787289
>mfw when forces destroys mania in sales
:^)
>>
>>383755318
Green Hill a shit, I wish we could've gotten the Sonic 3 starting stage.
>>
>>383786946
The math leads to confirmation that each of the classic will double dip for Mania, so not all hope is lost.
>>
>>383787458
then a sequel is never made
>>
File: tumblr_n2v7j0jRtS1rzik3go1_250.gif (2MB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2v7j0jRtS1rzik3go1_250.gif
2MB, 245x220px
>>383787458
>>
>>383785482
>Ryan Drummond as classic Sonic
That's the worst idea I've ever heard. Hang your head in shame
>>
>>383787558
Gimme that Mystic Cave
>>
>>383787597

I could see that happening. Sonic Team is filled with some petty motherfuckers.
>>
>>383787654
And mix in Hidden Palace with it.
>>
>>383787730
Top idea
>>
Will Super Knuckles finally return?
>>
>>383787642
No shut the fuck up Ryan Drummond was a perfect Sonic okay
;_;
>>
>>383787756
With how the game is all about referencing everything classic Sonic, it's most likely Hyper Sonic, Super Tails and Super Knuckles is gonna happen again.
>>
File: 1497797629511.jpg (71KB, 478x524px) Image search: [Google]
1497797629511.jpg
71KB, 478x524px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc8QJPEs-Ag

holy fuck I forgot how good this shit is, metal sonic is cute as fuck
>>
>>383787856
That's one of the best dialogs in anything Sonic related.
>>
How many unused stuff from past games do you think they put in this?
>>
>>383787758
Drummond really isn't fit for Classic though considering he never voiced him. Nobody wins if he does in the future.
>>
>>383787558
>there's going to be a motherfucking Wacky Workbench if the math is correct
FUCK YES GIVE ME WHAT GENERATIONS DIDN'T
>>383787894
R2/Final Fever from Sonic CD.
You might think I'm sucking CD's dick but that's probably a high possibility.
>>
>>383787856
>get to Metal Sonic's boss fight
>this plays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE21Rde8VDU&t=358s
>>
>>383787705
>petty
woah. have they done anything recently that would make you think think that? (Other than usual jap DISSHANARABU when it comes to gaijin)
>>
>>383787948
assets and stuff from wacky workbench are in chemical plant zone [mania], so that won't be a zone

people need to really have a look at the classics levels they've shown us, and look at the all the things that are from other levels that are in it, it'll tell you if your level will make it in or not
>>
File: C6kjeWeUwAAsdvu.jpg (138KB, 1200x867px) Image search: [Google]
C6kjeWeUwAAsdvu.jpg
138KB, 1200x867px
>>383787894
So far they referenced the unused mountain background for GH act 2, Splats in Flying Battery's junk piles, and the unused victory sprite from Sonic 1. I'm sure there's tons more.
>>
>>383787946
Just imagine though
Drummond saying "I'M OUTTA HERE" because they couldn't get Utoku to say it
>>
>>383787948
>Wacky Workbench
Sorry, m8. Chemical Plant already stole it's main gimmick.
>>
>>383787954
Fuck this fight I swear to God
>>
>>383788101
>not just reusing CD voice clips
Drummond is great but Classic ain't a hammy guy.
>>
File: Dr.-Who.gif (448KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
Dr.-Who.gif
448KB, 500x275px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ19n421nBc

Daily reminder that in Sonic 2 Game Gear, the bad ending of the game, Tails fucking dies.

2:20
>>
>>383788094
What if Splats is in Flying Battery Act 2
>>
>>383788073
>>383788147
Son of a motherfucker, Wacky Workbench would have looked gorgeous if it was done in Sonic Mania fuck I would have even paid for the planned Wacky Workbench DLC they had planned for Generations if it came to fruition
Do you think Quartz Quadrant or Tidal Tempest has a chance in Mania? I had a thought that Collision Chaos would be remastered for Mania and that gave me a Heart Attack
>>
>>383788073
>people need to really have a look at the classics levels they've shown us, and look at the all the things that are from other levels that are in it, it'll tell you if your level will make it in or not
People have been doing that on Sonic Retro a few days ago.

//forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=35709&view=findpost&p=898541

Though they missed the breakable blocks at the end of loops from Hilltop being in Green Hill act 2.
>>
>>383781772
Very good instruments, vocals are at least not fucking bowling for soup but what the fuck is with them not getting Crush 40 anymore?
>>
>>383788332
Hm, I would suck alot of dick just to hear Tee Lopes version of Quartz Quad, but I think the chances of another CD world apart from Stardust speedway won't be in bud, however we might see assets from quarts/tidal in other zones?

Not really good enough but eh
>>
>>383788223
Goddamnit I just want best Sonic voice to come back for one more game
honestly I wouldn't mind if they reused it, I'd be happy they even made a reference to it in the first place
>>383788240
Just imagine if this was canon.
Holy fuck now that I think about it, Robotnik is darker than Eggman is
>>
>>383788332
>Quartz Quadrant
If CD is getting a second stage this one seems the most likely one, though those spinny transparent pipes are also in Chemical Plant act 2, so I don't know. It's looking likely that Labyrinth or Hydrocity might be the game's water levels as well.
>>
>>383775732
>>383778993

So you're saying we're getting the best zone ? This is a total non issue then
>>
>>383757690
I agree with >>383779615 don't forget the multiplayer stages, Chrome Gadget, Balloon Park, Endless Mine, Azure Lake and Desert Palace are possibilities, I don't remember much things going on around the tracks of those levels and possible copyright issues they could raise if their songs were to be used again unlike other tracks in Sonic 3, on top of that, since they are pretty small, they could allow a greater creative freedom. Desert Palace would be the most unlikely of the bunch since Mirage Saloon is already here as a mostly desert level.
>>
>>383787174
>If you're making a Sonic game and you're trying to keep an emphasis on Sonic moving in one direction at a fast rate
Why would I want a Sonic game all about moving fast and never changing direction if I'm complaining about boost hallways in Forces?
I can't even begin to comprehend how you have reached this conclusion.

And even if I did want ALL SPEED ALL THE TIME, I'd still like to be forced to take some turns here and there at the very fucking least.
Have you ever played a racing game? Sometimes you have to turn in those, rather than your vehicle automatically following most of the twists and turns of a hallway with little to no input from the player.
Boost hallways, grind rails that automatically propel you forward, springs, floating sky rings, boosters, and so on that launch you, homing attack chains, etc. etc. are totally unengaging. They have absolutely nothing but the spectacle of how fast they are thrown at you going for them. It's shit.
>>
>>383788693
Desert Palace is also the most boring of the five. Balloon Park would be out because it steps on Studiopolis' shoes, so we have Azure Lake, Chrome Gadget or Endless Mine.
I'm personally for Chrome Gadget cause I've always loved it's aesthetic and music.
>>
>>383788472
Wasn't Mirage Saloon based off of Desert Dazzle (that was going to be put into the 2011 Sonic CD remake but wasn't)? If that's the case then technically Sonic CD already has two worlds in it.
I would suck two thousand dicks just to hear them revamp the JP Metallic Madness/Palmtre Panic Bad Future themes tho, I just want to see what they have planned for it
THREE TWO ONE
>>383788538
Aw fuck so that means that Collision Chaos is (probably) going to be remastered for Mania. I mean it looks gorgeous but there's so much detail put into those stages that it would be a missed opportunity not to remaster them.
>Mania releases
>The CD stages all have the US soundtrack
>>
Forces looks mediocre as fuck and I actually liked Colors and Generations. You could see the potential for boost in Modern Seaside Hill from Generations too. Shame really.

I don't see why Forces being mediocre is a sore point for people though when Mania exists.
>>
>>383788980
I just wanna see more zones aside from Park Avenue.
>>
File: Sonic-CD-Desert-Dazzle.png (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-CD-Desert-Dazzle.png
17KB, 320x240px
>>383788858
>that was going to be put into the 2011 Sonic CD remake but wasn't
Correct, but Mirage Saloon is being treated as one of the brand new levels. Plus Desert Dazzle was based off of Dust Hill from Sonic 2, which was also cut.
>>
>>383788858
>Collision Chaos
Seems unlikely because Mirage Saloon features a bunch of pinball gimmicks and Studiopolis already has bumbers in it.
>>
>>383788240
>THANKS HITMEN
THEY FUCKIN KILLED TAILS
>>
>>383786659
I don't remember where, but it was stated that there's no time travel mechanic but the past version won't be the only one represented.
>>
>>383788478
We all do but SEGA is too cheap for the old cast now. Those silly guys want to make enough for stupid things like food and shelter.
>>
>>383788980
>I don't see why Forces being mediocre is a sore point for people though when Mania exists.
Why accept mediocrity, BOTH should be fantastic. I don't find this "well if you want an actual good game you have Mania for that" excuse acceptable, because with this mindset they're never going to improve. Seriously the biggest reason why we even have Mania in the first place is because the majority of the fan base were vocal as hell about Sonic "4" sucking shit. So why should we act differently for the 3D games? Be vocal if you have complaints about it instead of pushing everything under the rug and pretending everything's fine.
>>
>>383787894
>>383788094
Mirage Saloon is literally Desert Dazzle + Dust Hill.
>>
File: 1465718529324.jpg (31KB, 266x340px) Image search: [Google]
1465718529324.jpg
31KB, 266x340px
>>383788478
>Robotnik is darker than Eggman is
>>
>>383788980
>I don't see why Forces being mediocre is a sore point for people though when Mania exists.
What? You just outlined one of the reasons why.
>You could see the potential for boost in Modern Seaside Hill from Generations too. Shame really.
Seeing obvious wasted potential is extremely irritating.

Besides that, why can't BOTH be great?
Why can't I play a fun new 3D Sonic game that's actually 3D and actually good, and also have a fun new classic 2D game?
>>
>>383789543
You can't have both on /v/. One thing has to be shit always.
>>
>>383789060
Am I the only one who thought the line cuts in this and Mirage Saloon look ugly? I don't see anyone else complaining about them.
>>
>>383789654
I think they look cool.
>I don't see anyone else complaining about them.
I saw a few posts complaining about them in past threads, but they could have been you.
>>
>>383788980
>You could see the potential for boost in Modern Seaside Hill from Generations too.
What's different in Seaside Hill from all the other levels?
>>
>>383789593
I think you missed his point, m8. He didn't say anything that relates to /v/.
>>
>>383789795
Shit loads of alternate pathways and a ton of 3D platforming.
>>
>>383789394
>Seriously the biggest reason why we even have Mania in the first place is because the majority of the fan base were vocal as hell about Sonic "4" sucking shit.
I honestly think the main reason we have Mania is that classic Sonic was in Generations, and Generations did well, and because classic being in the game is about the only thing Generations did that was different from other Sonic games of the time, Sonic Team assumed the success must have been because classic Sonic was in the game.
This also explains classic Sonic coming back for Forces inexplicably.

Same deal with wisps being in every game now. Colors did well, what was different with Colors? Oh, well it had wisps... so the thing people liked about Colors must have been the wisps. That's why it was highly rated, and if we put wisps in more games they too will no doubt be highly rated.
>>
>>383789758
It looks like some of them are floating in midair. Also I only posted here in recent months.
>>
>>383790002
Why would they get fans to do it instead of Dimps again? I mean shit, if I remember correctly Taxman's pitch for a CD remake was initially denied back in 2009, but was accepted later. Obviously they know that they can't make a proper classic game by themselves.
>>
>>383788858
>>Mania releases
>The CD stages all have the US soundtrack

What if they used one version in the first zone and then the other in the next?
>>
I don't want more remakes. More original ones would be nice, but I really like all the new stuff they're putting in the stages. At $20, I'm happy if the only things in the game are what they've announced so far.
>>
>>383789795
You need to rely on the boost to run across water at some parts, meaning you have to save it for when you really need it or you'll either have to take a different path or get yourself killed. It's neat because you have to plan ahead and think about how you're going to play the stage, especially if you're hunting down red rings.
>>
>>383786946
>Wacky Workbench

Literally the worst fucking stage concept ever conceived in the franchise.
>>
>>383776919
I can't wait to play as my OC characters
Suck the Cock and his GF Choke the Chicken.
>>
>>383789394
>>383789543
Well it's a shame that 3D Sonic didn't learn from what they had, and a shame that Forces looks mediocre.

It's a miracle that we're getting a follow up to the best Sonic game in every way except being 100% unique in the level themes it has and is following up arguably one of the greatest platformers ever made.

So me being okay with Forces being more mediocre schlock from Sonic Team is a matter of degrees.
>>
>>383790190
You are right I think about Sonic 4's reception being why Dimps was phased out. That and the portable Lost World version I think both contributed.
>>
>>383790002
this is the retarded shit that actually gets under my skin
>product x did well because it had y in it
>so lets put y in every game to ensure sales, even if it doesn't make sense

Sonic Team or Sega are too busy trying to suck the shekels from our cocks for the least amount of effort and are too stupid to realize we threw money at them because it was a good product.
>>
Iizuka is clueless as to what people actually want, and i'm curious if a language barrier and the information he actually gets contributes to that since Japan isn't anywhere close to Europe or America in terms of Sonic fans, or if he's really just a clueless hack.

How can he STILL think Mania is a gamble after the glowing praise it's gotten from pretty much everyone except the most dedicated of Sonic haters?
>>
>>383764469
Make another one with all new stages and not a single rehash

Call it Sonic the Hedgehog 4, I'm serious
>>
>>383775313

If those were the taxman ports I'd pay a hell of a lot more than $60 for it
>>
>>383789593
And sometimes it's true.
>>
>>383790408
>Literally the worst fucking stage concept ever conceived in the franchise.
I like it a hell of a lot more than Sky Chase.
>slow as fuck plane autoscroller in speedy platformer game
>no level design, just the same 3 enemies over and over
>controls a bit awkwardly
>a little glitchy, can spindash off the plane sometimes
>some enemies placed lower than the plane can reach
What a pile of shit.

Never mind the 3D games where you have shit like Tornado Defense in Unleashed which is literally nothing but QTEs, or that stupid snowball level in Lost World, or the car levels or Mad Space in Adventure 2, or fucking fishing in Adventure.

Wacky Workbench isn't even remotely the worst stage concept.
>>
>>383775313
Only if they're all Taxman made. I'd pay 60 bucks for S3&K redone by him alone. Getting Sonic 1 and 2 off of mobile would be icing on the cake.
>>
>>383755650
>Chaos Angel

Yeah boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY6WjFf0D6w
>>
File: 1480772701891.png (399KB, 503x764px) Image search: [Google]
1480772701891.png
399KB, 503x764px
>>383776919

I know I'll sound retarded by implying I want less content but I'd be way more excited about Forces if classic wasn't there.

Since Mania is doing Classic (and is doing it WAY better than Sonic Team) it feels like a waste to have him there while they could be doing bigger (and, dare I dream, better) levels for Original the Character and Modern Sonic. But as of now, Forces just feels like Sonic Team's attempt to throw as much shit as possible into a game and see what sticks.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe (despite Chemical Plant being mentioned) Green Hill is genuinely the only classic zone to return, maybe the rest of the game will be original and something worth looking into at least for one playthrough (Sonic Team has been quite secretive about this game). But I'm not particularly filled with hope right now.
>>
>>383790864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMenKEwpps
>>
>>383790631
Imho, I want to know who wanted the gameplay changed for Sonic 4 and Lost World. Dimps gave us the advance and rush games which also led into the boost formula becoming a thing. If it was Dimps decisions then fine, out the window they go. But if it was Sega then I think Dimps deserves another chance to make a Sonic game and have their name cleared of Sonic 4. Rush HD collection when?
>>
File: 1498590079111.gif (367KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1498590079111.gif
367KB, 630x630px
>>383790859
This is the hidden thing nobody here is talking about

I can assure you, Iizuka is salty about Mania, he will never admit it, show it, talk out about it, but anybody who walks into your company, which you've been doing for years, and then some rag tag group of people come and basically drop ONE trailer which sets the fucking internet alight, I can assure you human ego is a big part here. No matter how much money it makes him, it's like somebody taking your baby and just doing it better, he will always say Mania is a 'gamble'
>>
>>383783971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
>>
>>383791132
I think Iizuka confirmed we'd see more returning zones when, funny enough, he was trying to defend that Forces isn't Generations 2.

Honestly, I bet Forces has budget problems. All those reused assets so far while still using the same basic gameplay doesn't inspire confidence in me. Maybe they got slashed after how big a failure Boom ended up being.
>>
>>383784965

just get roger to digitize his voice so it'd sound like a genesis sound sample
>>
File: Classic Sonic Tyson Hesse.png (451KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Sonic Tyson Hesse.png
451KB, 850x1100px
>>383780452
The real gimmick character in Forces isn't even the OC. It's Classic Sonic. He's just there to make the stupider fans and non-fans think this is Generations 2.

There's absolutely ZERO reason as to why Forces needs classic sonic in the mix gameplaywise. Every single thing done in 2D is Team Sonic's weakest asset and there's barely enough difference between Modern and OC as is to not instead make OC have more 2D segments. They're spreading gameplay types too thin.

Plotwise, it's even worse. Classic Sonic is non-character. HE doesn't speak and is surrounded by many characters that do, and he's not even allowed to stray away from Modern Sonic and do his own thing. He could be replaced with a parrot on sonic's shoulder and his segments omitted and there would be no difference.
>>
>>383787894
That white Knuckles placeholder for Tails in Chaotix
>>
File: 1001.gif (493KB, 326x227px) Image search: [Google]
1001.gif
493KB, 326x227px
Forces is basically every idea that made any Sonic game bearable before thrown into one embarrassing shit heap with no focus or drive, just the intent to gain autism bux. Villains you like from all previous games? HAVE THEM ALL. Wisps? HAVE THEM ALL! Classic Sonic? HERE. OC creator? HERE HAVE IT. Unleashed day levels, but shit? HERE, HAVE IT. Terrible 90s lyric based cringe music that doesn't fit 2017? SURE!

however, no matter how hard we reee, it'll sell billions, because people can't hold back, and autism sells.

Forces stands as a testament that Iizuka truly has no idea what the fuck he is doing. With anything Sonic related anymore. The entire team needs a new rework, new blood, something. One ragtag group of fans outshamed his ass in a instant.
>>
>>383787758

Nah the perfect sonic was Jason Griffith, but only in Unleashed (and maybe Black Knight, never played that one.)

I dunno what the fuck happened but after 06 he actually got prettty good before getting shitcanned along with the rest of the 4kids crew (aside from Mike)
>>
>>383791172
It's hard to tell how much Dimps is actually responsible for anything good or bad. As far as I know all the Sonic games they've been involved in were co-developed with Sonic Team.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nQG8cs0K7o

I love this voice actor for sonic. It's a little bit too WAHHAEYY WOOOO sometimes, but it's almost fucking perfect.
>>
>>383791289
Well as long as Mania is a financial success then we can hope for more like it.
>>
>>383791543
Does anyone cared about Wisps except Iizuka himself?
>>
>>383788780

Then what do you want Sonic to be doing? Running or exploring? There's two types of platformers. Exploration based and action based. If you're doing an action based, you want to keep the character moving. And if it's a Sonic game, you want the character to be moving at a fast rate. And if your character is moving at a fast rate, you don't want a large, free-roaming environment or you end up with an unfocused mess of garbage where you are likely to get lost easily.
>>
>>383791543
This

>>383791989
They were a good gimmick in Colors. That's about it.
>>
File: 1499365475111.png (58KB, 842x581px) Image search: [Google]
1499365475111.png
58KB, 842x581px
>>383792063
>Then what do you want Sonic to be doing? Running or exploring?
All of it
>>
>>383791774
They were an okay gimmick but I didn't care about the designs. Plus they made the levels less experiment with your moves and more have the right wisp and know what to do

The only part I really liked was they had W's belt voice in Japanese
>>
>>383792239
After I found that out it's pretty cool.
>DRILL!/ROCKET!
>>
>>383791543

Some of you need to cope with the idea that there are different types of Sonic games meant for different audiences. It's OKAY to not enjoy certain Sonic games not aimed at you. Yeah, the 3D games are largely an unfocused pile of trash aimed at kids who care more about the characters and the story than the game itself. For older fans, you'd do yourself a great service by just ignoring that that crap even exists.

Here's an analogy. I enjoy the classic Looney Tunes cartoon shorts. But in the '90s, they made a whole bunch of shitty garbage aimed at children like 'Space Jam' and 'Loonatics'. As a fan of the originals, I wasn't bothered by any of that new shit because I still have the old stuff and that's the stuff that I care about. That's the stuff that made me a fan in the first place. I don't just eat up any old thing because it has Looney Tunes on it.

The same principle applies to Sonic. I know what made me like the Sonic games in the first place. And if they get away from that, well, the kids can have it. Doesn't affect me.
>>
>>383792181

OK. Then you do want an exploration based platformer? Well, those are dead.

Except for Mario.
>>
>>383791989
No, people fucking hated them because they were nothing but glorified mario like power ups, Inzuka has always wanted to be on Mario games and Colors and Lost World were him trying to prove himself worthy. The most annoying thing about it is that now we have a character who can't do shit if he or she doesn't have a wisp on them, can you imagine how much of a chore their levels are going to be when you have to search out a lighting wisp to clear a room full of enemies or a fire one to use burst and your flamethrower?

It looks like they ruined the boost as well, Sonic doesn't get nearly the same speed he used to get and the bar depletes much fast now, can't even use except for hallway sections because the 2D sections are littered with random spikes, pitfalls, dead ends and small pathways. Even after all this, Modern Sonic still feels awkward as hell to control just like in Generations
>>
>>383792535
Sonic Mania will probably recapture S3&K's feel
>>
daily reminder wisps have like 2 okayish to bad characters and the rest are utter shit to control

only reason they're praised is because it was a wii exlusive and wii fanboys screamed at the top of there lungs that these so called new wisps had reinvented the sonic series and wanted it to be there precious exclusive

go replay colours, there is like 3 okayish wisps but even that is not enough to warrant changing forces entire gamestyle to cater to wisps

this is the power of fanboys screaming loud enough, it warps the perception of the entire developer
>>
>>383792975
I replayed it a few months ago. Cube and Hover are shit, rest are fine. Wisps weren't that bad. Not good enough to be brought back, but for a one off they worked.
>>
Iizuka is a wisp.
>>
>>383792975
The wisps worked fine for a single game gimmick. They were fun to use and didn't get in the way too much while not feeling unwelcome otherwise.
It's just in literally every other game they've been shoehorned into where it starts to feel unwelcome.
>>
File: iizukarage.jpg (23KB, 372x372px) Image search: [Google]
iizukarage.jpg
23KB, 372x372px
>round eye make better game than glorious nippon
>>
>>383793154
You're a wisp
>>
>>383793475
Hey. I've never even looked at another guy before.
>>
I'm curious to know how old those hyping Mania are, as in if they are genesisfags or gamecubefags.

29 year old here. Fucking 23 years for this game.
>>
>>383793532
24. I grew up with the original games.
I even remember going with my dad down to the local mall to pick up Sonic and Knuckles from the game shop.
>>
>>383785215

As someone who liked generations, I should be pleased to have two sonic games to play.

But fuck force doesn't look very hot after mania, and the inclusion of the avatar in the story is just killing any hype I could have had.
>>
Are there clean versions of the green hill and chemical plant act 2 music?
>>
>>383793701
I remember seeing a clean rip of Chemical Plant Act 2, but not Green Hill Act 2.
>>
>>383756105
>Forces will be shit because of boosting

So does anyone agree that the ideal 3D Sonic starts with the Sonic & Shadow levels from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle?
>>
>>383793532

I'm 36. I'm not hyping the game up, though. I'm only cautiously optimistic. Still waiting to see how Sega manages to fuck this one up.
>>
>>383793532

Use to play sonic mega collection a lot. Heroes was probably my first but hated how the game seem to just becomes a mess later on
>>
>>383793532
25, grew up with hand me down Genesis.
>>
>>383793780
I'd agree with that, yeah. Just polish things up a bit and you'd have a great start.
>>
>>383793532
21 here, first Sonic game as 1 on a friend's Mega Drive when I was around seven, emulated the rest of them (and a load of other classic Mega Drive games) on my computer around the same time. Mania's literally been my most anticipated game since it was first revealed.
>>
>>383789543
>>You could see the potential for boost in Modern Seaside Hill from Generations too. Shame really.
>Seeing obvious wasted potential is extremely irritating.

What do you mean?
>>
>>383793701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nElbfhBGE
>>
>>383794338
Dang thanks
>>
>>383793532
25. Parents already had a genesis before I was born. Grew up with the main 4 classic games, then had the pc collection, the later the mega collection. Super hyped for Mania.
>>
They've made a surprising number of changes to Green Hill Zone.
>>
File: 1426722248292.png (452KB, 710x828px) Image search: [Google]
1426722248292.png
452KB, 710x828px
>>383793532

Feels like the first time I can be excited and actually expect something good for the first time in what feels like forever.
>>
>>383794518
They've merged Green Hill with every other green starting zone. Bits of Emerald Hill, Angel Island and Palmtree Panic are everywhere.
>>
File: 1484456144793.gif (222KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484456144793.gif
222KB, 200x200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7bunHrdLQ
Really loving this. So damn funky.
>>
File: 1473284896860.png (2MB, 3672x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1473284896860.png
2MB, 3672x1312px
>>383794518
They sure did. New elements in act 2 specifically include:
>underwater sections
>zip lines
>Hilltop's breakable blocks at the end of a loop de loop
>bridges that are burnable with the fire shield
>higher breakable walls that can only be broken by Knuckles or the fire dash
>Choppers swimming underwater instead of only jumping up and down from under bridges
>>
>>383794705
That;'s an outdated version, m8:

https://youtu.be/uB9RP2SV8HY?t=2m34s
>>
File: 1469521884192.jpg (3MB, 2760x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1469521884192.jpg
3MB, 2760x1182px
>>
>>383776919
Even if Forces is shit, we'll get a lot of memes out of it due to the character creator
>>
>>383793532
29, genesisfag.
>>
File: 1487629078982.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1487629078982.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>383784584
>Green Hill is now Sunset Hill meets Palmtree Panic
>that glorious boss music
>>
File: Sonic Mania weight physics.webm (3MB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Mania weight physics.webm
3MB, 950x534px
>>
File: 1497796729396.webm (829KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497796729396.webm
829KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>383784584
I still need a clean rip of the mini boss theme ffs
>>
File: 1468870808340.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1468870808340.gif
3MB, 309x313px
Daily reminder there will be a mini boss and a boss for EACH act. 1 and 2.. We're getting over 12 stages. That is alot, alot of miniboss/boss music for tee lopes. fuck so excited for the music.
>>
>>383757045
>being retarded enough to not know sonic 3 and s&k are two halves of the same game

You need to be 18 to post here, faggot.
>>
>>383799605
You are aware that there's only gonna be one mini boss and major boss theme. Sure there'll be a few exceptions like the final boss, but not every one of those bosses will have their own theme.

>>383799837
Michael Jackson had nothing to do with the & Knuckles half of the game.
>>
File: IMG_1072.jpg (393KB, 1277x1316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1072.jpg
393KB, 1277x1316px
>>383775932
On a related note, another Sonic Rush game would be nice.
>>
>>383788423
If you saw their performance at Sonic's anniversary event, you probably wouldn't want to work with them either.
>>
>>383800364
Everything at that event was a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>383799605
I wonder if Hard Boiled Heavies have their own theme.
>>
>>383800693
They honestly might.
>>
>>383793532

26 here. Grew up with the games on the genesis.

>>383794637

I know, right? It almost feels like we went back in time and its 1998 and Sonic 4 is about to be released. (forget about the actual product called Sonic 4 in that sentence, we all know Mania is the real Sonic 4).
>>
>>383793532
I don't like mania because the music isn't pure fm, psg, and dac like the genesis games. I also don't care about sonic cd or any of it's shit, including the ova and metal sonic.
>>
>>383801097

That's pretty autistic. Could you slice your preferences any thinner?
>>
>>383801097
>I want all of the music to be in the shitty Sega Genesis soundfont
wow
>>
>>383801346
Not him, but the genesis sonic games have great music. He's a shitter for that CD opinion though.
>>
>>383801097
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z-JhQmoFWQ

tee lopes always has your back, even if it is a terrible opinion

who knows maybe he'll remix every track he did into 16 bit and then you can change it to that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbSPUYlkIoI

This has no right to be good as it is
>>
>>383764469
Mania 2
>All levels original, 32bit/SegaCD graphics quality. Looks something like Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic CD but Sonic 3K level design.
>Tee Lopes and Masato Nakamura compose the OST together.
>Physical release.
>It's called Sonic Forever, pun intended.
>>
>>383801549

Isn't there also going to be a CTR filter mode? If you can have 16bit music and CTR mode, that's pretty much the closest you can get to playing a new genesis game on a modern TV.
>>
File: unused sonic sprite.png (1KB, 64x50px) Image search: [Google]
unused sonic sprite.png
1KB, 64x50px
>Sonic Youtube channel showed that this sprite is in Mania
What are they going to use it for?
>>
I hope they deal with the music issues and release Sonic 3 remastered for PC already.
>>
>>383801928
Ice cap baybee
>>
>>383801856
>Isn't there also going to be a CTR filter mode?
There is.
>>
>>383801978
I'm tired and sick of this Ice Cap bullshit. It doesn't even look like if he's using a fucking snowboard. And you know what? That's a bad level. I mean, Act 1 only has the snowboarding section and then the rest is shit level design mixed with no sense of speed. Act 2 is a linear fucking piece of shit that makes us remember why Aquatic Ruin was so boring.
>>
>>383801472
Sonic 1 is better and is a better product than cd

>>383801346
not the soundfont. actual hardware or an emulator. Yuzo Koshiro still has a PC-88 which is what he used for his genesis work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFDJX6qweMI

>>383801549
that's a bit better but I'm still not buying mania
>>
>>383801978
ice cap3 is part of the forbidden 3 so no
>>
How many days
>>
File: Ic2map.png (138KB, 4672x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ic2map.png
138KB, 4672x768px
>>383802125
>Act 2
>linear
Uh, what?
>>
>>383802340
Why not, anon?
>>
>>383801928
Hopefully for something like this.
https://youtu.be/Yl6ZnzUwjgc?t=69
>>
>>383802340
Sonic 1 is great tho. But so is CD.

You're oddly picky when it comes to old tech that was relevant when you were barely even alive.
>>
>>383793532
19. I didn't grow up with the genesis games but I've played them repeatedly enough such that I know what people like about them.
>>
>>383802429

He already explained why. He's triggered by the presence of Sonic CD elements and the music isn't Genesis enough for him. Basically, he's an unpleasable fuck.
>>
>>383802393
33 days left to go.
>>
>>383802583
>>383802679
>picky
>unreasonable
>because I won't suck cd's cock
ok
>>
File: genesis-adv-model-1.jpg (157KB, 948x622px) Image search: [Google]
genesis-adv-model-1.jpg
157KB, 948x622px
>>383802009

Nice. I'm sure hoping all the songs get 16-bit versions. That along with the CTR mode would make the ultimate retro style experience.

Its too good for this world!
>>
>>383803103
Alright Sparky, suit yourself. Frankly, someone your age should be more into the crappy GameCube era games anyway. You definitely have the autistic temperament of a nu-age sonic sperg.
>>
>>383802679
That's almost CWC levels of pedantic. It's like boycotting a game because the water is too blue. Or not blue enough.
>>
>>383803534
b-but the music is of high quality and the-there's a CD level in the game.
>>
File: sadbob.gif (3MB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
sadbob.gif
3MB, 222x379px
>>383779187
>Founded in late 2011, by ex members of the original "Sonic 2 HD Project".
they hired a programmer who introduced a keylogger, sperged out and quit the project, and then refused to release any of their assets on the grounds that they were the only qualified sonic fangame developers in the world
this doesn't give me hope
>>
>>383803921
I'm pretty fucking sure THAT faggot's not part of Pagoda West, it's mainly the artists and musicians.
>>
>>383803921
The ones they got from the project were the artists and Tee Lopes.
>>
>>383803921
The programmer is considered AWOL last time I checked, he's not with Pagoda.
>>
The people who dislike Sonic CD are almost as bad as those people who think all Sonic games are terrible because they say you move too fast for the human brain to react to enemies and obstacles properly.

Nah. The average human brain can react just fine. It's your slow brain that has problems. It's what happens when you grow up playing too many RPGs and Sony cutsceneshit.
>>
>>383803921
He's most likely been ex-communicated by fucking everyone at Sonic Retro. He literally killed the Sonic 2 HD Project by including malware of all things in it. It's like he was secretly wanting to destroy the project all that time.
>>
>>383799837
They're two separate games that were developed at the same time.
>>
File: Sonic3LevelSelect.png (4KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3LevelSelect.png
4KB, 320x224px
>>383804339
Sonic 3 & Knuckles was always meant to be one game.
>>
>>383804339
No, Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles were suppose to be one game at some point, but because they were rushed for time and barely even knew what hardware they were making it for at this point it was split. It's known that Flying Battery was suppose to take place after Carnival Night really early on.
>>
The "Sonic was never good" narrative began here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDsz1NFBJw
>>
>>383804339
You are literally retarded.
>>
>>383804912
It was started on IGN, but PreRec also had a hand in it. Also Game Grumps probably.
>>
>>383804985

Yeah, this YT video predates the IGN and Game Grumps stuff. Technically, IGN and GG got their narrative from NeoGAF, who posted this video.
>>
>>383793532
31 here, grew up with the Genesis but mostly because of living in a third world country where other consoles were less available.

I don't regret it tho.
>>
>>383805072
Just goes to show that RLM should stick to movies, like what Mike and Jay probably already want.
>>
>>383804912
>>383805072

It's sure it's just a coincidence that all of the "Sonic sucks" people grew up as Nintendo-only kids.

I'm glad I had both consoles growing up and never developed that kind of juvenile pettiness.
>>
>>383804985
Grumps was probably what made it popular, before it you could watch IGN make a comment about the franchise and laugh at the retard who did it, but Arin is a retard other people follow for reasons unknown to me.
>>
>>383805291
They're the same people that started with SA2 Battle on their Gamecubes and can't stop praising it as the best Sonic game.
>>
>>383804912

Does that kid with glasses have leukemia?
>>
>>383805291
Seriously. I don't think it's a coincidence that Arin hates the Sega Genesis as a whole as well.

I don't know why people still can't let go of a fucking dumb 90's corporate rivalry.
>>
>>383805520
No, AIDS.
>>
>>383805549

But, dude. All the Genesis had was shitty sports games. And Mortal Kombat. And Sonic is overrated and Mario is better.

Trust me, I've played every Genesis game, and 90% of them are sports games or Mortal Kombat games.

Even though I'm kidding, I've actually seen people, adults no less, say shit almost exactly like that.
>>
>>383805840
You gotta respect the power of the console that the person grew up with being what domineers their thoughts about other consoles.
I always thought of Nintendo consoles as some kind of forbidden other side of the fence and whenever I got to play them it was incredibly surreal.
>>
>tfw Sonic CD is my favourite Sonic game just for nostalgia reasons
>Tee Lopes' renditions of classic stage themes and Studiopolis Zone are fucking orgasmic and sound like they came straight from CD's JP soundtrack
What a fucking time to be alive. I just want to hear his rendition of Stardust Speedway's themes.
>>
>>383806462
I like that he's using CD's JP/EU soundtrack as a start to make new songs for Mania. It's a great source of inspiration.
>>
>>383805840
I wouldn't call Matt an adult.

>>383805549
Not to defend him (nor anyone that parrots him) but you know there is also that turbo autist who despises anything Nintendo does out of spite for that console war that no one (not even the parties involved) gives a shit about.

Sadly, that people exist. And this board is a living proof of it (even if the companies fighting are different nowadays).
>>
>>383803921
The "keylogger" was just a result of poor programming by an egomaniac:
https://www.sonicretro.org/2012/04/lost-removed-as-sonic-2-hd-head-programmer-directinput-error-cause-of-keylogger-scare/

Good news he wasn't with the Mania team.
>>
>>383806689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ZSrPIFETg
Absolutely, I always adored how funky some of the tunes were from CD, easily one of my favourite parts of the game was how stellar the OST was. I really hope for the Stardust Speedway stage at least there's a time-travel gimmick, it'd be really sweet to hear Tee's take on each time's theme for the stage, especially since if I remember right in an interview one of the key folks working on Mania said Stardust Speedway was their favourite stage.
>>
>>383806862
Not him but after that post I went back to read up a bit more on the original Sonic 2 HD and what a fucking disaster that was:

https://www.sonicretro.org/2012/03/guest-editorial-in-which-i-rain-on-the-sonic-2-hd-parade/

At the rate the new team are going I doubt the new version will ever come out.
>>
>>383806972
I haven't seen much love for the good future SS tune with it's blown out sparkly tones, would love to see something done with that.
>>
>>383806689
>tfw no love for the US soundtrack
Just because it doesn't really fit the Sonic games doesn't mean it's fucking awesome. I may be biased because I'm a sucker for more ambient tunes, though. Stardust Speedway Bad Future US I like more than JP because it makes the Metal Sonic race much more hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRcR0v6I_w8
>>
>>383807425
The US soundtrack is just so different and not really my cup of tea compared to the JP soundtrack. Sonic Boom is pretty cool though.
>>
>>383807390
It'd be really nice to see a take on that tune, I admit I always prefered the US version of SS's Good Future because just listen to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYZX74qgFQ It would've fit the Metal Sonic race pretty damn well.
>>383807425
I feel you there to a T my dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWl61PYDyhA
And then there's this banger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcDrM3qUDGY

CD's probably my most replayed Sonic game for the OST.
>>
>>383807425
I like both or stardusts future themes better for the metal sonic race, but I like JP soundtrack for the actual stages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYZX74qgFQ
>>
>>383807787
Tidal Tempest US is pretty great. So groovy.
Great alternative to JP's more melancholic sound.
>>
>>383794998
Outdated but clean.
That's sort of the whole point of the rip.
>>
File: cb5.png (114KB, 254x242px) Image search: [Google]
cb5.png
114KB, 254x242px
Could Not Give a Shit Zone
>>
I feel like once a week I'll rewatch the pre-order trailer and feel even more excited than I did the last time. Something about that trailer is just fucking perfect.
>>
>>383809485
The song is very good at getting hype out of you. Plus the really nicely done animations.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qKh-5msybk
How grateful are you that we've got someone as based as Tee Lopes doing the music for Mania?
>>
>>383793532
grew up with both the genesis and modern titles, but coming back to the series the classic games have stood up the test of time better and ended up preferring those.
>>
>>383809802
Just as grateful with the rest of the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GGQPKwKeww
>>
>>383809802
It's pretty cool.
I implore everyone to also check out the music he made for the Pagoda West game Major Magnet. Sonic CD as fuck.
>>
>>383810083
There's something just so fucking cozy and nostalgic about this guy's tunes, going to be listening to Mania's OST for months.
>>
>>383804912

That bald guy is oozing in disingenuousness. He knows he's full of shit, too.
>>
>>383793532
20, but sonic on the mega drive was my first ever video game and i was playing it since before i can even remember so i've been hyped for life basically
>>
>>383810323
His remix of Hilltop really gets me.
>>
>>383810542
Turning it into a sax jam was genius.
>>
File: 1494407296145.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494407296145.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>383786940
>Tee Lopes
Have you even heard what he's already done with roughly half the classic sonic-era songs?

What you call "perfection" literally WAS perfection until Tee started doing covers that would make the word of god seem flawed and half-mastered.

I've been waiting for nearly 6 years in anticipation specifically to hear his interpretation of Hydrocity Act 2 if he ever bothered to do it.

I roughly check his youtube once or twice a month JUST in case that particular cover EVER surfaces.
>>
>>383811049
His cover of Scrap Brain is legit the best version ever made.
>>
>>383810361
Maybe that's why he went bald. All of his disingenuous ooze damaged and deteriorated all of his hair follicles.
>>
>>383793532
First game was 3D Blast on PC, then R, then SRB2, then Heroes and Shadow on PS2, and then emulated the original classic trilogy
>>
>There are people out there who even slightly doubt Tee's capabilities for a flawless OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAR8b0TNpI
>>
>>383812349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rUIIrKKNos
>>
>>383813237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtzqnC6LkV8
>>
>>383813237
>>383813362
Hot damn, August cannot come soon enough.
>>
>>383814219
Tell me about it. The wait is unbearable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMDmuevPtYI
>>
>>383804912
Holy shit. These guys might be worse at video games than IGN. I didn't even think that was possible.
>>
>>383814368
>The preciseness of jumping out of a dropdash
Holy fuck, that and the new physics (with the water shield as an example) make me think this'll play like the best Sonic game ever.
>>
>>383814612

You just don't get it.

Going fast almost makes the game unplayable.

Un.Play.A.Able.

Never mind the fact that every 6-year old kid in 1993 could beat Sonic 2 with very little ease and it stands as one of the dirt-easiest video games of it's time. But it's still unplaaaaaaaaayabbbllleeeeee.
>>
>>383804912
How old are these two idiots, anyway? It's difficult to tell since they both look like fucking geriatrics. They could be in their mid-20s or they could be in their 50s.
>>
File: 1427749256129.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427749256129.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>383804281
>It's what happens when you grow up playing too many RPGs and Sony cutsceneshit.
kek
>>
>>383815328
He has a point, actually. Sonic games were made at a time when the average game was very demanding of a player's reflexes and hand-eye coordination. Many of today's story-focused games don't require much of the player beyond asking you to push the button when the screen prompts you to.
>>
>>383792450
>they made a whole bunch of shitty garbage aimed at children like 'Space Jam'

Butt devastated that your childhood entertainment never had a cross over with the greatest sports super star of all time.

Not going to pretend that space jam isn't a shit movie but it is the best idea ever.
>>
>>383814219
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWwosGbZVk
>>
>>383816138
Michael Jordan is a no-tripping nigger with bad fashion sense who would suck dick for a bag of nickels.
>>
>>383816347
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dadFQDqRJxU
>>
>>383816138

It sounds like you have problems reading. Which I understand is a pretty big problem with people who like Basketball.

Not that I'm trying to make a racial statement or anything.
>>
>>383801928
Looks like he's riding a board

Also I hope he's got an arm out to hold a rope. Water skiing or some shit sounds like a way to make a water level fucking good.
>>
>>383816067
I know, I was just unironically laughing
>>
>>383802576
>Skip to a random part of the video because fuck waiting
>First thing I see is knuckles telling an icecream cone to quit being a bitch

Jontron's sonic team skits were 100% accurate
>>
>>383817127
Knuckles riding the student was what I meant to show, fucking timestamps won't work. This shit is great though.
>>
>>383803921
They got booted that faggot before S2 HD even died. Literally the biggest faggot ever.

I hope he's steaming with rage for this rest of his life because if it wasn't for his fucktarded antics he could be working on sonic mania right now.
>>
File: 1499417691385.png (235KB, 407x333px) Image search: [Google]
1499417691385.png
235KB, 407x333px
Why do Sonic clones nowadays copy the worst aspects rather than the best aspects? Fuck, where's my Sonic CD indie clone?
>>
>>383804281
>they say you move too fast for the human brain to react to enemies and obstacles properly.

Sonic should be about reaction not memorization.
>>
>>383817691
go make one, faggot
>>
>>383804912
the most frustrating thing about this piece-of-shit video is that "2D Sonic is just as bad as 3D Sonic" people still cite the "only 8 frames to react" thing as some kind of irrefutable fact of 2D Sonic's poor gameplay, even though the facts say otherwise
>The game is actually 60fps, not 30 like they're recording it, so there's actually 16 frames
>According to Human Benchmark the average reaction time is between 200 and 300 milliseconds (the front page says 215), so if you're not retarded then a quarter of a second is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to react
>They're almost certainly playing the game on some bullshit monitor/flatscreen with all kinds of upscaling and latency bullshit, which wasn't the case for kids playing it back in the day
>Most of the level design is made so that it's pretty damn obvious when an obstacle is likely to appear so you can react well in advance to actually seeing it, not to mention the roll basically blitzes through everything that isn't spikes or lava and is generally safe as fuck so getting hit by a fucking Grounder is a non-issue
It's a load of shit, but it's still brought up pretty frequently as an argument by anti-classic faggots.

Bonus points go to the fact that Sonic CD had the camera pan and the Taxman versions of the classics have widescreen, so EVEN if this wasn't a confirmed non-issue, it was still improved upon in all of these versions of the games in their own ways.
>>
>>383804912
It started before that.

All that video did was bring more people out of the woodwork.
>>
>>383804281
Everyone knows sonic moves too fast to react to obstacles, it's not controversial. The first tip you're given about the series if you have to memorize the levels to go fast.

Also a lot of people don't like CD because of the level design. And someone who didn't like the weakest entry in classic sonic isn't as bad as someone who thinks all sonic games are terrible. God just shut the fuck up you fucking faggot sucker.
>>
>>383756519
>>>we live in the SEGA-Sammy era

an issue how?

Yakuza is the best franchise Sega has made
>>
>>383817784

It is, unless you have the reflexes of a fucking turtle like a lot of nu-gamers born and raised on sony consoles do.
>>
>>383817874
Don't forget that a lot of these people also just run all the time and don't roll into a ball which would alleviate more than half the issues they have. They just don't know how to play properly. They're shit at the game.

Although the classic games aren't without their faulty designs either. Grounders in Aquatic Ruin popping out of walls suddenly, some traps in Marble Garden, and the entirety of Metropolis are all pretty bullshit design. But these are just some parts of the games, not the entire thing like people claim. And as you said, the widescreen in the Taxman remasters helps tremendously.
>>
>>383818042
there's a solution to that problem, but the one attempt to solve it vanished when sega sperged out during the saturn's run
>>
>>383818042

Git gud, faggot.

Though in your case, it's more like 'git better genes', kek
>>
>>383766937
Tee lopes tweeted a picture of sonic underwater in labyrinth zone. Don't have the picture to post
>>
>>383818197
>the one attempt to solve it
Which was? Why are you being vague, just say it.
>>
>>383818042

I like how it looks like you realized how hypocritical your whole post was at the very end and just completely lost all of your spaghetti.
>>
>"Sonic is not about speed"
>Game is marketed as such
>What makes Sonic distinct is going really fast
>Timer in many Sonic games
>Lower score for being too slow
>Better score for being fast
>spindash to propel yourself faster
>speed boosters

I totally believe you.
>>
>>383818356
Stop being a combative faggot.
>>
>>383816749
Oh I know we agree space jam is shit

But anyone who would take a pot shot at it is jealous they were born too early
>>
File: 1463902490343.jpg (21KB, 288x328px) Image search: [Google]
1463902490343.jpg
21KB, 288x328px
>>383818564
Sonic IS about Speed, which involves the process of building speed too. It's not about Fast where going fast is all you do.
>>
>>383818710

That makes zero sense. Why would anyone be jealous over a shitty kids movie?
>>
>>383818292
Nah its called get widescreen and use level design cues so the player won't full speed into a bottomless pit platforming section or get crushed by a pillar

>>383818509
Sounds like you have no idea what hypocritical actually means

Also I started the post out deciding not to bully and changed my mind because it's such a stupid equation to make.
>>
>>383818042

No, Sonic moves too fast for YOU to react to obstacles. Get it right.
>>
>>383818336
It's in this very thread.
>>
>>383818976
>bully
That's a curious way of saying "sperg out like an autismal manbaby".
>>
File: 10a-S3K-Emerald-Chamber.png (13KB, 624x224px) Image search: [Google]
10a-S3K-Emerald-Chamber.png
13KB, 624x224px
>>383818042
>Everyone knows sonic moves too fast to react to obstacles, it's not controversial
Nah nigga, see >>383817874
Sonic has roughly 270ms to react to an upcoming obstacle, although most of the time you don't even need to react because a roll will kill it anyway if you're using the roll right. Human benchmark once put the human average as being between 200-250ms reaction time, but has since moved up to around 270ms average with the dawn of newer monitors and phoneposters.

Basically, if you're playing on original hardware without latency, you can react just fine. And if you're not playing on original hardware, what's your excuse for not playing the widescreen Taxman versions which alleviate this """""problem""""" entirely?
>>
>>383818976
>so the player won't full speed into a bottomless pit platforming section or get crushed by a pillar
Never happens in the classics.
>>
>>383818860
>Why would anyone be jealous over a shitty kids movie?

Why would anyone be a kid once
>>
>>383818976
>use level design cues so the player won't full speed into a bottomless pit platforming section or get crushed by a pillar
Aside from a few admittedly cheap moments (mostly in Sonic 1, and Sonic 2's Metropolis Zone), classic Sonic always did this. It sounds more like you're criticizing Dimps Sonic to me.
>>
>>383819282

Every generation has kids movies. I had E.T., Ghostbusters, and Goonies. Why would someone be jealous of another generation's kids movie? That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>383819134

He bullied you with his tears.
>>
>>383818976
It sure was nice of Taxman to put widescreen in the older games so that handicapped children with disabilities such as yourself can play, too.
>>
>>383818984
I can't wait to git gud because there will finally be no such thing as a bad game

>>383819134
Say stupid shit get hit

>>383819174
>Sonic has roughly 270ms to react to an upcoming obstacle

Ok first of all, sonic's speed is variable. How did you arrive at this number?

>although most of the time you don't even need to react because a roll will kill it anyway if you're using the roll right.

Also let's keep in mind Sonic 1's roll is way less useable because there's no spin dash and rolling reduces your momentum.

>what's your excuse for not playing the widescreen Taxman versions which alleviate this """""problem""""" entirely?

Sonic 1 and 2 is only on android.

>>383819263
Holy fuck the denial
>>
>>383819425
I had those too because they didn't vaporize.
>>
>>383819928
>Holy fuck the denial
Pointing out facts ain't denial, chump. How about you provide some examples of your claims for once instead of shitposting?
>>
>>383819928
I just want you to know, you're "that guy". Nobody likes "that guy".
>>
>>383819928

You'll never git gud, though. Because you were a fat little pampered child who never put effort into anything in his life. That's why you're an obese, unemployed layabout who spends his days trying to convince happier people that their childhoods were somehow less meaningful than your own miserable childhood.
>>
>>383819928
>Ok first of all, sonic's speed is variable. How did you arrive at this number?
It's the assumption, based on the frames you have to react (16) if you're running at full speed without having broken the speed cap (which can only be done with slopes and so if you've broken the speed cap there's no reason for you to not be rolling)

>Also let's keep in mind Sonic 1's roll is way less useable because there's no spin dash and rolling reduces your momentum
What the fuck are you talking about, Sonic 1's roll does not reduce momentum, you're just not supposed to use it on a flat surface or an uphill slope like a spastic. It's still incredibly functional

>Sonic 1 and 2 is only on android
Bluestacks my niqqa
>>
>>383820035

Cool. Then you were exposed to good movies as a child instead of just terrible ones like Space Jam.
>>
>>383819393
Yeah Sonic 1 is easily the most unfair when going fast

But it's still littered throughout the games. People didn't notice because the ring mechanic is extremely forgiving and kids don't care how "fair" a video game is. And thankfully most of the unfair shit in sonic won't kill you. You'll just have to grab one of your rings.

Also we haven't had a good classic sonic game in 20 years. Everyone remembers their playthrough of levels after hours of rehearsal, they don't remember getting buttfucked the first dozen times they played the level because its 3% of the time they spent with the game.
>>
>>383819928
>rolling reduces your momentum
>reduces your momentum
>reduces
>your
>momentum

Have you actually never played a classic sonic game? Read this thoroughly regardless, keeping your focus on the Top Speed part:
http://info.sonicretro.org/SPG:Rolling
>>
>>383819928
>say stupid shit get hit

Sounds like you get hit a lot.
>>
>>383820787

He's putting an awful lot of effort into what should have been a low effort troll. Must be summer.
>>
>>383820183
Yeah ok, examples: There's these video games called sonic the hedgehog. You can play them instead of falsely remembering them in the abstract

>>383820252
Yeah, this isn't projecting that you were only happy in your childhood at all. I'm sorry for shitting on it anon.

>It's the assumption, based on the frames you have to react (16) if you're running at full speed without having broken the speed cap (which can only be done with slopes and so if you've broken the speed cap there's no reason for you to not be rolling)

Is the 16 number from RLM?

>What the fuck are you talking about, Sonic 1's roll does not reduce momentum,

I'm talking about how sonic 1's roll reduces momentum.

> you're just not supposed to use it on a flat surface

Because it reduces momentum

>or an uphill slope like a spastic

So you need a downhill slope, to compensate the loss of momentum.

If you want to argue in bad faith or be retarded we can just stop right here.

>Bluestacks my niqqa

Thanks I'll do that
>>
>>383820652
A friend of mine recently played Sonic 2 for the first time (he had only played 1 and Knuckles as a kid, but played them a hell of a lot) and when I watched him playing, he didn't seem to "get buttfucked" by any of the levels, with the exception of Chemical Plant's platforms-over-water, Metropolis Zone, and the final boss. The majority of the zones really were quite easy to him and quite snappy too.

I know it's purely anecdotal evidence but it does suggest to me that the main challenge in Sonic is learning how to properly manipulate the physics, abuse the roll and hone your hand-eye reaction times, NOT how to memorize the stages down to every tile. The fact that every "Sonic was never good" gamer seems to under-utilize the roll only supports this fact even more in my mind.
>>
>>383820787
>n-no u

>>383821083
Your boyfriend needs your support
>>
>>383821170
>you were only happy in your childhood at all.

You were just as miserable as a child as you are as a fat adult. Your parents should be jailed for what they did to you.
>>
>>383821170
>You can play them instead
Take your own advice, retard, I replay the games constantly and know what I'm talking about, unlike you. I'm still waiting for those examples by the way.
>>
>>383821316

Sounds like you just took another punch to the jaw. Do you even feel it anymore?
>>
>>383820708
Have you?

Did you read the actual first sentence of the article you posted?

>When Sonic rolls up by pressing Down on the directional pad, he can no longer accelerate. No matter how hard or how long you press in the direction of his motion, he'll behave as if you weren't doing a thing. The only thing that happens in this case is friction

What does friction do?
>>
It's going to be so fun if this game turns out shit.
>>
>>383821526
>*teleports behind you*
>>
>>383821539

Are you always this dumb or only when you're frothing with rage?
>>
>>383821737
>No one will notice a direct quote that proves me fucking wrong
>>
>>383821693
Keep deluding yourself, cuck.
>>
>>383821539
Still you have no idea what you're going on about. In classic sonic games you do not loose momentum, while you're moving on flat ground or up a slope, you're loosing speed. Your previously created movement (momentum) is conserved and your current speed is adjusted by the terrain throughout.
In Sonic 4 you loose momentum any time you let go of the analog stick, while on the ground, in the air, whatever. The second momentum is lost you drop like a rock / stop instantaneously regardless of whatever it was you were doing previously.
>>
>>383821170
>I'm talking about how sonic 1's roll reduces momentum
Sonic's roll reduces momentum to an extent in all of the games, it's not exclusive to Sonic 1. My point is that if you use it correctly on downhill slopes (and coming out of loops) then you can build up the base momentum and keep going for a significant amount of time at top speed - which renders most non-spike obstacles impotent. You can't use it all the time, sure, but if used in the right situations then it makes for both a faster run and also a less hazard-filled one.
>>
>>383821507
>I replay the games constantly and still have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

yeh I kno
>>
>>383793532
27 here. Sonic the Hedgehog on the Mega Drive was the first game I ever played and I still play Sonic 3&K occasionally.
>>
File: STOP POSTING.jpg (25KB, 485x324px) Image search: [Google]
STOP POSTING.jpg
25KB, 485x324px
>>383821170
>>
>>383822053
Yet still no examples, typical. Why not prove me wrong? Oh right, because you're full of shit.
>>
>>383821869
What? It'll be hilarious. The Sonic fan fanbase is already a gold mine and so hyped about this, watching them defend it if/when it's shit will be great
>>
>>383821539
>When Sonic rolls up by pressing Down on the directional pad, he can no longer accelerate.
this means you can't accelerate through holding forward, not that you can't accelerate while rolling down the slopes
>>
File: 1495056941909.png (111KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1495056941909.png
111KB, 500x441px
>>383822264
>if/when it's shit
>>
>>383822264
if you read one of these infographics that are posted in virtually every mania thread you'll know the chance of this game being unironically shit is actually surprisingly small
>>
>>383822264
If all they did was releases a slightly polished version of all of the zones announced thus far, it would be far superior to anything released by sonic team in a long time, so complete failure on Sonic 4 / that half of Unleashed levels is not possible.
>>
>>383822526
That requires him to read though, can't expect that from shitposting retards.
>>
>>383821841

Sonic 1's momentum is no different from any of the other Genesis games. You are an idiot, please kill yourself. In the unlikely event that you have reproduced, please purge your faulty genetic bloodline by disposing of any offspring you may have unwittingly spawned, preferably using sleeping pills and a bathtub or some other sort of painless suffocation device. Thank you very much.
>>
>>383822000
>In classic sonic games you do not loose momentum, while you're moving on flat ground or up a slope, you're loosing speed.

You're losing both.

>In Sonic 4 you loose momentum any time you let go of the analog stick, while on the ground, in the air, whatever. The second momentum is lost you drop like a rock / stop instantaneously regardless of whatever it was you were doing previously.

Without this statement I would assume you're retarded. You seem to think I meant you lose all your momentum instantly as if the game had no model of physics at all. Of course not.
>>
>Sonic Mania
>Pretty cool, but it remains to be seen if it'll be better than CD and 3&K.

>Sonic Forces
>Modern stages look amusing, but linear with ultimately no improvement from previous games
>Too much talking in the stages, even worse than how it was is Lost World
>Classic gameplay looks just as bad as in Generations
>Avatar stages look boring.
>>
File: 1499406737286.jpg (310KB, 1280x1482px) Image search: [Google]
1499406737286.jpg
310KB, 1280x1482px
>>383821693
>>383822264
The problem for naysayers is this game already set up for success.
>Physics engine is the same as the Sonic 1, 2, and CD iOS ports and is pretty much 1:1 with the classic games, thus eliminating physics complaints ala Generations and 4.
>Level design skill of the team has already been experienced before through Retro Sonic, Nexus, and Megamix (as if the videos online weren't enough proof).
>Taxman has a good track record of keeping up with and fixing bugs post-release, Switch port might be the only one that gets screwed over in that regard
>Pixel art in the game is pretty much AAA budget for a platformer, animations are super clean and graphics, new and old are clean and refined

Not even some shit like Galacnik could keep this game from at least making bank.
>>
>>383822264

>The Sonic fanbase

You're clearly a Sonic fan, though. A particularly autistic one, at that.

Probably a fan of the shitty 3D games.
>>
>>383822925
Any Sonic game could sell well, good or bad. I'm just worried about how consumers outside of the classic fanbase will take it. They outnumber us, so if they don't bite, it won't be the massive success we're hoping for.
>>
>>383821170
>>383821539
>>383822879
>I'm talking about how sonic 1's roll reduces momentum
Please educate yourself on the speed caps in Sonic

Sonic 1 has a speed cap on his run, which means the roll is in fact one of the ONLY ways to maintain the absolute top speed of the game (which is given to you by rolling down slopes, but also by springs), which gets lost if you're in the normal running state. This video should clear things up a little:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG42az17Ytk

Used in the correct circumstances, the roll is both the fastest and the safest way to clear many parts of Sonic 1.
>>
>>383823148
Everyone's hyped for it, even normies.
>>
>>383822001
>Sonic's roll reduces momentum to an extent in all of the games, it's not exclusive to Sonic 1.

I was just mirroring your response

>You can't use it all the time, sure, but if used in the right situations then it makes for both a faster run and also a less hazard-filled one.

Yeah that makes it interesting. But my only point was you have to build up serious speed in sonic 1 to effectively use rolling or else you'll just flat out stop. That's why they added the spin dash.
>>
>>383822971
I'm a fan but I'm not a delusional one. You can count the number of truly good Sonic games from the last 20 years on one hand. The odds are not in it's favour and with how invested people are in this game it'll be great to watch if it fails. If it's good I'll be happy so it's win, win
>>
>>383822910
>better than CD and 3&K
Since fucking when was Sonic CD a barometer of quality? The original CD was a shit game with bad mechanics and the Taxman rerelease makes the mechanics great but still has muddled weak level design. I have no idea where this bullshit started, back in the day the argument was always Sonic 2 vs Sonic 3&K and CD was never even in the dialogue.
>>
>>383823379
Just the more vocal ones. I have friends and family who tend to be more fond of AAA shit, but they haven't even heard of Mania. The couple of my coworkers who play vidya also don't really seem to care about it.
>>
>>383823426
>The odds are not in it's favour
You just sound completely uninformed, none of that shit has anything to do with Mania, do some research for once.
Thread posts: 525
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.