[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AC3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

File: assassins_creed_3_full-600x375.jpg (52KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
assassins_creed_3_full-600x375.jpg
52KB, 600x375px
Was it really that bad?
>>
It was okay but it felt like 3 teams made different parts of the game and never bothered to make sure everything fit together well. The homestead was such a missed opportunity. The story was absolute trash. So much potential wasted.
>>
Yes. Rogue was a do-over for the setting and did it ten times better.
>>
>>383753885
WHERE IS CHARLE'S LEE
>>
>>383753885
relative to the rest of the series, no. I have no idea why /v/ hates AC3 so much in particular. I can understand if you don't like the series because of its many flaws, but AC3 isn't exceptional. It's not as good as AC2, but I think it's a bit better than revelations.
>>
>>383754453
>>383754605
So am I better off just installing Rogue and playing that? I didn't really play any of the games after Revelations besides Black Flag.
>>
>>383754881
Yeah Rogue is good, give it a whirl.
>>
>>383754881
Rogue is basically another Black Flag. If you're okay with more of the same, you'll like it.
>>
>>383753885

Yeah, it's fucking terrible.
>>
Better than 4 and rogue
>>
File: IMG_0348.jpg (58KB, 600x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0348.jpg
58KB, 600x306px
it was the last game with a good assassination mp mode(imo even the best one) so it has that going for it
shame no one cares about the multiplayer because it's pretty unique and adds a lot of value but people buy ac anyways so ubisoft doesnt bother with it
>>
>>383753885
It was a huge disappointment and a downgrade from the previous games in terms of setting, characters, story and gameplay. The homestead could have been nice but it's just a chore to run through, the trading and crafting system are terrible but thankfully useless, Haytham is the only likeable character, you can't switch between weapons without pausing the game, you can only use firearms when locked on to an enemy.
>>
>>383754453
I did the Homestead mission all at the end like an epilogue. I can't believe that it ended being my favorite part of the game.
>>
File: 1468032577751.jpg (33KB, 297x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468032577751.jpg
33KB, 297x480px
>>383754881
I have played both games, knowing full well that they're bad.

Rogue's gameplay is pretty great. They added a lot of fun mechanics, but the story is dull as dirt. The only interesting characters are the ones from other games, like Ade, Haytham and Achilles. That being said, those three characters were enough to make me finish the game. I wanted to see what Haytham would do next.

AC3 has Haytham in the game, playable for a good chunk of it, and the game is still incomprehensibly dull. Shay was boring in "Rogue," but Connor is so aggressively boring, his whole origin -- listening to a bunch of indian kids speak their gobble-de-gook while you hunt rabbits and shit instead of killing historical cameos -- is so fucking dull that I couldn't even find it in myself to finish the game.

I don't quite recommend Rogue, not while you can always replay charming-ass AC4, but I will say that it's a hell of a lot better than AC3.
>>
>>383756676
Guess I might just play 4 again. Was Unity any good? Obviously it was a buggy mess but it seemed pretty rad being able to use any weapon as a primary.
>>
>>383753885
>optional objectives in situations required for 100% sync
Fucking yes it was shit. It didn't help that this games controllers were contextual AND unresponsive.
>>
>>383756852
Never played Unity so I can't say.
>>
I've grown to hate AC combat
AC2 kept it balanced when you weren't able to inta kill after countering then one shot everyone else
Also its a game about assassination but has shit stealth mechanics
>>
>>383756852
The only reason to play Unity is if you really like the core combat because it has nothing else. It's like 1 or 2 but shittier.
>>
>>383753885

Yes. You hold the right trigger to win the game. Parkour took no skill, combat took no timing.
>>
>>383756852
Unity is the definition of a filler game. Paris looks great and it's wonderful to explore, but the story is nothing. Doesn't connect to any of the others in a noticeable way Nor does it even mean anything in the game itself.
You'll complete it, ask "was that it?" and the process of thinking about it, ask what was the point of even having Arno join the assassins or another character being a templar as it has zero bearing on anything. And not "zero" as in "little" I mean as in zero.

On sale with nothing better to play? Go for it. But I wouldn't worry about missing it if you want to play other assassin creed games or eyeing up other games to buy.
>>
>>383756852
The game isn't really that buggy anymore (at least not any more so than other AC games).
It has the best combat (both in looks and function), and the best implementation of the stealth mechanics. It's mission design is also far better than previous games. Unfortunately, I pretty much just summarized the entirety of the game. There are pretty much no gameplay mechanics at all outside of the sneaking and stabbing, plus a few optional environmental puzzles. There's no sailing, no minigames, no economy (outside of getting money to buy better weapons). It's totally a one trick pony.
>>
>>383759883
>>383759117
>>383758486

Fuck me. I finally saw the Origins footage and it got me interested. Now all of this makes me not want to revisit any of the games. Unity looks very pretty at the very least. And III has an interesting setting given the native American ties. But it all seems to be surrounded in dogshit
>>
It was absolutely garbage
>>
Is syndicate any good? I haven't played a game since IV. And im more hyped for the standalone pirate game than origins desu.
>>
it was worse.

you can close 'er up mods, we're done here.
>>
>>383753885
Is rogue any good?
Getting to stab the hooded assholes and more ship combat sounds really good.
>>
>>383759883
>no sailing

What? Yes there is, AC4 expanded on what was introduced in AC3
>>
I liked AC3's ship combat the best because you could actually tear down the mast and rigging of enemy ships with the chain shot and grape shot for raping any little ship stupid enough to get near you.
>>
>>383753885
people were determined to hate the game from the beginning.

British people were trigger when it was announced it would involve the American Revolution because they assumed the British would be shown as evil.

American whites got triggered because Native Americans would be involved because they assumed that white Americans would be shown as evil.

Other people got triggered simply because the main character wasn't white.

Mix that in with some legitimate complaints and there you go.

It's hilarious because in the past we could play games with nonwhite or non male protagonist without even thinking about it. Gamers didn't give to shits that Laura Croft wasn't a dude or the prince in Prince of Persia wasn't white. Now people are constantly screaming SJW.
>>
>>383764997
Nobody seemed to complain even back in AC1 where you play an arab.
>>
>>383765314
I don't remember anyone complaining about that kind of thing at that point. I'm just posting the kind of complains I saw on different forums when AC3 was in development and released
>>
>>383753885
No.
>>
>>383761682
Syndicate is the worst one.
>>
Gameplay wise it was pretty good but the story was terrible and he protagonist was by far the least likeable
>>
>>383759117
>playing AC games past Revelations for the plot

You play modern ACs for interactive history trivia and architectural sightseeing and for that, Unity was perfect.
>>
>>383753885
nah Ace Combat 3 is a good game, it's storytelling is just both 2deep4u and ymmv so the greatness of it is a bit of a hit and miss and as such it gets easily overshadowed by the PS2 trilogy and even AC2
>>
>>383764997

It was a good chance to present a badass native american protagonist, and instead they give you this cliche braindead brute who slaughters le evil white men (who are actually right) with his axe and never once stops to ask why. Everyone had a legitimate reason to be buttblasted.
>>
>>383767104
Is it really?
>>
>>383769052
Syndicate is the best AC after 2, Brotherhood, and IV. Only gameplay considered, it's the best.
>>
>>383753885
it got all the same rage from canadians like that /ptg/ thread just did. so it wasn't great but it was worth it
>>
The fact its still talked about and a conversation starter in and of itself means it has more lasting impact than most games in the series.

It probably has the most memorable protagonist, for all that he is neurotic and obsessed. Precisely because of his flaws.
Its also the game that introduced the lauded naval section, and is perhaps the culmination of the original gameplay in the series, before they changed it in Unity and Syndicate.

With that said, its also obviously rushed out for released and the fact the followup games were nuked hurts it terribly, along with the cut content that should have concluded the game.

It remains my favourite game in the series, but I never played Unity or Syndicate, so I can't judge at versus the entire series.
tl;dr no, it was not that bad. Rushed and the writing suffers, but its still a good game for what it is.
>>
>>383761682
It's not worst than 3, at least
>>
>tfw no haytham game
Also can anyone name a post-shit next gen 2013 cultural and technological stagnation AIDS video game that actually has a memorable soundtrack?

ACR and AC3 for all their flaws have god tier OST
>>
>>383771107
No, it's get talked about all the time due how bland, awful, and the biggest missed potential in the series. It's also effectively killed the series.

Ezio trilogy and IV got more discussion than this piece of shit.
>>
>>383753885
"Encyclopedia of the Common Man" was really comfy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJV3_pSodS4

BoTW reminded me of that when i also had a similar set of mission to build a village from ground up and see each new inhabitant come in.
>>
>>383771438
>It's also effectively killed the series.
good. now make it official
>>
>>383761682
gameplay wise its probably one of the most refinded AC games, but the enemy variety is really shitty and there are only 3-4 variants of generic goons that you always fight

story isnt too engaging but that might just be me
>>
>>383771615
Just wait until Origins. After Syndicate, WD2, and Wildlands being massive failures, I'm not surprised if Origins is their last straw before anally raped by Vivendi.
>>
>>383771256
AC2+brohood = BF > ACR > AC > ACIII > ACRo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> unity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mgentlesirdycate
>>
>>383771771
wildlands wasnt a failure, even if its not talked about tons of people bought it

ubisoft get great sales but have no longevity
>>
>>383771438
Be that as it may, it still gets talked about nowadays. Which was the point.

More often than Black Flag. And considering the dicksucking BF gets, AC3 certainly did not kill the series. It does however gives attention to BF by contrast.
>>
It was way too slow.

Game didn't open up until chapter 6 which took way too long.
>>
>>383771795
I put Rogue higher than 1 and 3, but otherwise spot on
>>
>>383769052
Absolutely.

>>383769170
You couldn't be more wrong. Even taking only gameplay into consideration, you still have
>Arkham combat
>combo meter
>only three weapons with different skins
>zipline/grappling hook band-aid for a terrible setting
>>
>>383753885
I went into a military base and beat up every enemy in it with my bare fists and no weapons. Combats way too easy, not to mention the abundance of glitches, oh my god some of them were funny though, I remember after one of the cutscenes with Achilles there were like three of him standing side by side and waving at me all out of sync.
But also, Connor wasn't that great a character, definitely did not fill the spot of an assassin like Ezio and Altair. And Jesus there's probably and hour or more of running around as his piece of shit father before you play as Connor young Connor for 45 minutes and then finally after all that you're an unstoppable assassin that can dodge, parry, or disarm anything you see for maybe 8-12 hours.
I r8 -8/8 m8 story was "aight" I guess
>>
>>383771945
thats your opinion

some people like all of those features besides the third
>>
>>383753885
Yes I got all wow gonna be a patrician brit templar should be fun. Then boom squaw fever and shit tier game follows.
>>
>>383771795
>Black Flag that high
>tailing and eavesdropping out the ass
>shit story
>awful modern segments
>no pistol holsters, swords clipping, and a dangling blowpipe
>>
>>383771853
BF never felt like a proper mainline game in the series, to me. It always felt like a spinoff made by B-team that somehow got the number IV in the title.
>>
Connor was generic as fuck, game should've been about Haytham and his betrayal of the Templars
>>
>>383772019
>opinion
Everything I listed is a fact, and those people should be playing the Arkham games.
>>
>>383772051
bad taste
>>383772093
BF was one of the best in the series
>>
>>383771795
This is objectively correct, although personally I enjoyed 2 and brotherhood and revelations more than the rest.
>>
>>383772190
>bad taste
Nigger, most of what I listed is fact. You may like the terrible story, but you can't deny the mission variety is fucked.
>>
>>383772093
It certainly was, due to the poor reception. They scrapped anything Connor related then did a game based entirely on the naval segment with basic missions serving to structure the game.

Good thing they did, since Haytham was pretty good in 3 but his performance was lackluster in Rogue.

>>383772190
Its a good Caribbean tourism simulator during the Golden Age of Piracy. As a game, its not great, even compared with the series as a whole.
>>
>>383772190
It can't be the best game since the mechanics are mostly the same as 3. Much like Brotherhood, they just add tons of shit and call it a day.

Also, the pacing. It has the worst pacing next to 3.
>>
Connor was not good at all in the game and was just constantly an asshole to Achilles. That on top of the fact that he finds out Washington was the bad guy all along and still goes after CHARLES LEE was a bit annoying. The only good parts about it were the Homestead, the Frontier when you're wandering around, the ship battles (Far better than in 4 and Rogue because you feel the weight of it all), and Haytham was amazing.

>>383756852
Unity isn't as buggy and wandering around is actually fun, but dear lord is the story horrible and dull as dishwater. You don't even know who the main villain of the game is until pretty much two missions from the end of the game since he's never introduced and Arno is basically a non-character. The reason everything progresses is also retarded, Arno does things constantly that would get him kicked out and lets extremely high ranking Assassins die and his "proof" for it all is "I stabbed a guy and absorbed his memories which is why I know everything".
>>
>>383756852
It's worth a playthrough, now that it's patched. There's free DLC for it, too.

Gorgeous graphics, decent combat, and good weapon and clothing variety. You can even wear skins (Legacy outfits and other stuff) over your armor/clothing if you prefer them.
>>
AC4 was the first AC protagonist to actually have character development in the same game.
>>
It was eh, but it's what convinced me to stop playing after 4.
>>
>>383772879
this

edward is on par with ezio
>>
>>383772665
I'd say Achilles is just as much an asshole to him, and they both pay for that in their own ways.
Achilles by not allowing Connor to abandon his obsession with Charles Lee, and Connor by killing his own childhood friend because he loses sight of what he is fighting for because of that.

Which is what makes Connor interesting in his own way. The writing was just too hamfisted and shoehorning Washington to add shades of grey to an historical character was a terrible idea when they already had Charles Lee as a focus. All of that to create a framing device for the end of Desmond's storyline by showing the good and evil of both sides in a way that was just too obvious and forced.
>>
>>383773290
Both are overrated characters for dudebros/closeted fags.
>>
>>383773460
All Achilles really did was give him a home, train him, teach him how to fight, and how to find the people he was searching for. Meanwhile Connor throws hissy fits complaining how Achilles never does anything for him and acts like a complete asshole. Yeah, I think Achilles let his obsession go too far through Connor, but at the same time Connor was also obsessed with finding who tried killing his people.
>>
>>383774094
It plays into his neurosis regarding Charles Lee. He wants to murder him, and Achilles refuses to explain in detail why its a bad idea.

Fair enough, Connor throws tantrums. There are for once good reasons for that, and rather than focusing him on the bigger picture, Achilles uses him as his hand to kill the Templars. Including Haytham, who was the one who destroyed all he built.

Its a story of the squandering of the potential the legacy of Those Who Came Before and of the manipulations of Juno, serving as the framing device for Desmond's choice. Hamfisted though it is, it makes sense for events to unfold as they do, and for Connor to act as such.

Achilles, by remaining stuck in the past, is just as destructive as Connor's obsession. They play into each other well, even when they are in opposition. Just like Connor is stuck in the event which defined his life. So yes, he is a manipulative asshole, even with good reasons. The writing went overboard in Rogue to show that, but him training Connor is actually a bad choice in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: 1496392110231.gif (1MB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1496392110231.gif
1MB, 300x242px
The setting, and consequently the story were the weakest part of the game:
>burger history LMAO
>no tall or beautiful building to climb, since settlers arrived kinda recently and don't have the resources yet to build them, instead we climb trees
>native americans LMAO, who cares
Was a real letdown after the stuff 1,2 and brohood offered us
>>
Coner should after Washington rather than CHARLE'S LEE.
>>
>>383755720
Multiplayer was always the best part of Assassin's Creed.
>>
>>383771945
>Even taking only gameplay into consideration, you still have

Whatever you say, it's still far better than anything else in the series so far.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.