[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will people give a fuck about some walking simulator about a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Will people give a fuck about some walking simulator about a beautifull randomly generated enviroment?
>>
I would.
>>
>>383753142
Did No Man's Sky get another update?
>>
>>383753186
do people play walking simulators?
>>
>>383753142
>randomly generated
It would never be as pretty as a hand crafted environment
>>
>>383754476
I still think It's possible, it only will need hundreds of rules.
>>
>>383753536

I do.

Video games are the only medium where simply walking through cool and unrealistic environments is possible. It has a place, albeit a very niche one.
>>
>>383754559
>hundreds
You're underestimating how expansive human creativity is, and how powerful human pattern recognition is. Even if you added thousands of rules, people would STILL pick up on the repetitive features and how to "game" them. Just look at Minecraft. The world is just like what you described, but it's very simple to find things too. Too much randomness, and you end up with stuff that doesn't make sense to people. Too little, and people think it's stale and repetitive. If you want a good example, I made a program that generates random color patterns for quilts that my mom wanted to use. At first, it was completely random and she didn't like it very much. She would click through hundreds of generated patterns before finding one that was "okay" because it was too clumped, too spread out, had too many diagonals touching, etc. There's a shitload of stuff to consider, and that's just for a random arrangement of colored squares. Think about doing that for a whole world. The scale of it is just massive, and it's extremely unlikely that I, someone ignorant to all the various nuances that people with different backgrounds and experiences will see, could ever hope to craft a rule-set that makes something most people would find "beautiful" multiple times in a row.
>>
>>383755238
I'm just talking about generating a SNES dungeon map like star ocean, not making dwarve fortress.
>>
>>383755398
Same thing applies, but that's good for defining the boundaries of what you want to accomplish. If I were you, I'd make a list of things people think are "beautiful" in those types of games and why. I imagine most of them will be things that are out of the ordinary, or you only see once. Hard to make repetitions of those things feel new and unique.
>>
>>383755747
I made a list of rules of what I saw in star ocean maps and is like 4 pages of patterns.
>>
File: yume 2kki shadow people.png (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
yume 2kki shadow people.png
17KB, 640x480px
>>383753536
Only if they're made in RPG maker
>>
>>383755968
You gonna post it or are you worried some industrious anon will steal your grape idea?
>>
>>383756670
I had them on paper, gotta make them someday into a dungeon generator.
>>
>>383753142
Make it look comfy or creepy and add a bullshit feely story and I will like it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.