[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it was better than the original half life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Half-Life_Opposing_Force_box.jpg (161KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_Opposing_Force_box.jpg
161KB, 300x361px
it was better than the original half life.
>>
Usually a comment will have something to debate, nigger
>>
>>383752492
it was BADASS
>>
The only decent thing to come out of Gearbox.
>>
>>383752492
>made by the same company that made the abomination that is blunderborn

What went wrong?
>>
>>383752705
The Halo port wasn't bad
>>
File: badasses.jpg (135KB, 1217x835px) Image search: [Google]
badasses.jpg
135KB, 1217x835px
>>383752649
real badasses only play GEARBOX games
>>
>>383752492
It wouldn't have been nearly as good if it existed in a vacuum - the original helped make it more impressive.

That said, yeah, it had a ton of really fun fights and sections. Lame ass final boss but oh well.
>>
>>383752492
final boss sucked
>>
It's the only good thing Gearbox has ever done
>>
Half Life > Blue Shift > Opposing Force
>>
>>383752492
>this expansion/sequel has more weapons and enemies than the original but worse level design
>>
File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67KB, 300x428px
It was not better than the original half life.
>>
>>383752764
I bet none of the devs from the HL expansions are still around
>>
>>383752830
Blue shift was not good.
>>
>>383752806
As a kid I was legit afraid of fighting grunts in the original. It was great being able to have friendly soldierbros fight with you.
>>
>>383752764
>>383752705
It's kind of confusing how they also made Blue Shift, which was 3 hours fucking long, had nothing new, and was extremely boring and run of the mill, while Opposing Force was something that actually ADDED onto the original in a substantial way. New weapons, an entire new race of enemies that actually fit the universe and are cool as fuck, and marines. Fucking awesome.

I wish it was longer.

Only negative I can say is, having played Hard mode, it's fucking bullshit on that difficulty. God damn. It's so fucking retarded how the assassins can just one shot you and you have to use explosives on Black Ops people half the time to get through them.
>>
I liked the guns and multiplayer more but the squad system sucked and the level design and bosses sucked compared to the base game.
>>
It was a fun expansion.
>>
>>383752968
Genuinely interested in how they fucked it up
>>
>better
WRONG, but it is good.
>>
>>383752948
>>383752968
At least at the time I didn't think blue shift was that bad. HL was so great back then when BS released all I could think was fuck yes more levels to play through.
>>
File: FUCK YEAHHH.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YEAHHH.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
WOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>383752492
No. Though everyone agrees, it was very good.

>>383752791
>itsalwayssunnyinafghanistan.jpg
>>
>>383752968
Blue Shift's gimmick was the updated graphics (you can't tell on the Steam version because they all use HD pack). Also, you could argue that BS has more refined level design.

Honestly, I don't get the dislike towards BS. It's pretty cool. Yes, they could've added more, but it was definitely serviceable. I always recommend people play BS before OF.
>>
File: adrian.gif (204KB, 400x252px) Image search: [Google]
adrian.gif
204KB, 400x252px
Any of you play Sven Co-Op?
>>
It was pretty dope, yeah.

I'd say they're equally good.
>>
Sporegun best gun
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.