[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games are you currently playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 47

File: firewatch_review_screen_2.0.jpg (419KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
firewatch_review_screen_2.0.jpg
419KB, 1920x1080px
> List 3 games that you're playing currently and list qualities of them in hopes other anons might be interested in playing them
>list 3 upcoming games that you're excited for

I'll start

> Hitman : The complete first season
Pretty great so far, Glad they went back to the theme used in Blood money and other hitman games rather than doing something like absolution. Great settings aswell.
> Assassins Creed: Rogue
It's meh, I wouldn't recommend it. The story is shit but the gameplay is pretty good. I'll probobly get bored of it quickly though, glad i torrented.
> Garry's mod
I have 2k hours and most of them are on RP servers. I like how many different things you can do and become, but it's getting stale ( as I said I have 2k hours ), and I'm looking for other RP games but my pc is shit so I cant run too many games.

Upcoming Games I'm excited for
> RDR2 and Wild West Online
> The new south park game
> Sea of Thieves
>>
File: embrace the darkness.jpg (29KB, 289x117px) Image search: [Google]
embrace the darkness.jpg
29KB, 289x117px
it sooths my autism and is too hard for 90% of casuals
>>
>Yakuza 0
Diverse gameplay elements with strong core gameplay
>Nier Automata
Cuhrazy action
>Endless Space 2
A 4X where each race actually has different mechanics

I am not excited for any upcoming vidya, I consider everything vapourware until it gets a commercial release.
>>
File: 4898659780789-090-908.png (707KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4898659780789-090-908.png
707KB, 1920x1080px
>>383747717
i am still hooked on Dungeon of the Endless
i play some skyrim and oblivion from time to time
also Devil daggers is bretty fun
>>
>Assassin's creed black flag
Pretty fun actually
>GTA V
Boring at times but online is fun
>wolfenstein the new order
Good single player so far
>>
File: Untitled.png (25KB, 636x175px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25KB, 636x175px
>>383747717
Bought it 2 weeks ago. Pretty good.
>>
>>383749013
>Assassin's creed black flag
>Pretty fun actually
Fuck off and die in a fire, retard.
>>
>>383749217
I dropped that game 1/3rd of the way in. Idk why I lost interest, at one point the only thing I was doing was going to every merchants and played gwent with them to gain new cards. preety good game though.

>>383749013
I only come back to GTA when they release new multiplayer stuff. Most of it you need other people to do it with though ( Businesses, Gangs ) which sucks. I Liked it when they released stunt races though, that was great I hope they release more fun stuff like that. The single player campaign was great though when I played it back when it first came out.
>>
>>383749767
The ship combat is fun
>>
>>383747985
>last played over a year ago

you don't love it enough
>>
>>383749778
Understandable, I had same problem with Witcher 2. I just don't have the patience to get through Chapter 1, never got past Kayran. I wanted to like it but it's just isn't for me I guess, I also almost refunded Witcher 3 because it felt like a slog in the beginning, but I somehow cut through till Novigrad and then I started to have fun.
>>
File: 1499481705285.gif (29KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499481705285.gif
29KB, 500x600px
>King Of Fighters 98
I hate it but can't stop playing it
>Persona 5
it's okay, not as good as 4 Golden in my opinion
>Street Fighter V
i just fucking hate it
>>
>>383749767
? The campaign is dogshit but the gameplay ( ship boarding, island exploring, treasure hunting) was pretty fun. If they ditched the stupid Assassins creed thing and went full pirate that game would've been great.
>>
>Tekken 7
I really like fighting games and Tekken is the best fighting game
>Rocket League
It's fun
>Crash Bandicoot
It's fun

Looking forward to
>Shadow Tactics PS4
Played the PC version and loved it, don't mind giving them my money again
>Death Stranding
Don't care how long it takes, I want it
>[spoilers]Pillars of Eternity PS4[/spoiler]
I really liked the original so this should be good too
>>
>>383749778
I'm probably not even going to ply much of the gta campaign desu
>>
>>383750146
I honestly have no idea how they're going to make pillars work on console, it's going to be so bad
>>
File: PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_121423.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT1_121423.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
Currently Playing
[PS4] Bound (Plastic, 2016)
Indie walking simulator with a lot of colors and light platforming. Really digging how everything is a graceful ballet movement.

[PS4] Wipeout Omega Collection (Clever Beans/XDev, 2017)
Wipeout HD has never looked better (or sounded worse seriously you went full Silent Hill HD on this soundtrack). Fast paced futuristic racing from an iconic playstation brand. Fast reflexes required.

If any game is a PS4 Pro tech demo this is it. It should have been the pack-in game. Native 4k and amazing HDR that feels like it seeps out of your television into your living room and bathes you in light.

[XONE] Resident Evil 6 (Capcom, 2012/2016)
Everybody's favorite punching bag got an overhaul in 2016 and now its better than ever. Third person shooter/action game hybrid with incredibly satisfying combat mechanics. Bring a friend, because its one of the best splitscreen co op games too. Packed with 4 separate campaigns and beautiful cutscenes. Comes complete with all the Resident Evil camp you love. Currently part of the Xbox Game Pass™, the online is very populated, so now is your chance if you want to try out the multiplayer modes.

Upcoming
[PS4] [PC] Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Ninja Theory, 2017)
[PS4] Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Naughty Dog, 2017)
[NS] Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo, 2017)
>>
Nothing, and I've got a ridiculous $1400 back log I purchased during the Steam Sale. This is a problem

I'm an indecisive bastard /v/, so help me out. The first game from this list that gets posted 3 times in response to this post is what I'm going to go play through to completion.

My current library:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004162646/games/
>>
>>383750385
Should be easy if they make good use of the controller lay-out. The whole point of the combat is to pause and give orders so it's not like you have to try and play an RTS on controller.

It'll be fine.
>>
>>383747985
I don't know why I couldn't get into this game, everything I heard about it made it seem like I'd play the absolute fuck out of it.
>>
>Tales From The Borderlands
Better than I was expecting. It's pretty funny and well written. Yeah, your choices don't mean shit but I'm still enjoying it.
>Call Of Duty: MW2 (campaign)
Pretty fun. Good set pieces. Almost too action packed. Would've liked some slower moments now and then..
>Lego Marvel Super Heroes
It's meh. Didn't love it. Gameplay if formulaic. On the plus side, the PC port is very well.
>>
>>383750702
PC port is very well optimized* sorry
>>
>Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Fucking loved The New Order, so with all the hype around the new one I finally got round to playing this. The experience isn't as diverse and interesting - so far I'm halfway thru and its just been shooting dudes in a castle, which is fine enough but feels a bit lacking after TNO. I do often prefer WWII style ballistic weapons to crazy lasers and launchers and shit for some reason, so I'm really enjoying shredding Nazis to pieces with the more traditional weapons in The Old Blood. Its really scratching that itch for me right now.

>Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
The original trilogy and CTR were my entire fucking childhood, and the N. Sane Trilogy mostly holds up. Jumping mechanics are weird and taking some getting used to but I'm not finding it as bad as a lot of other veterans I'm hearing about. My only major complaint with it is that a good deal of the music feels like an empty copy of the original soundtrack, like the tune is the same but it doesn't have the same life and energy that it used to. At this point I'm halfway thru Crash 2, which was always my favourite of the three.

Not playing anything else at the moment, but when I'm done with Crash I'll be onto Yooka Laylee, and when I'm done with Wolfenstein: TOB I'll be on to DOOM.

Looking forward to:
>Ace Combat 7
>Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
>Death Stranding
>>
>>383750702
What I always liked about LEGO games is to unlock all characters and revisit old areas to unlock absolutely everything to unlock more shit in main hub to unlock more secret shit.

It was neverending and I don't think I ever 100%'d any LEGO game. Closest I got was Indiana Jones 2 and Star Wars collection.
>>
>rainbow 6 siege
Always fun, honestly their is no other game where getting a kill is more satisfying
>final fantasy XV
I don't care what anyone says, it might be a bad ff game but it's hella fun
>fallout new vegas
Honestly disappointing, I played fallout 3 right before it and it was so much more fun
>>
>>383751058
I don't usually say this but your taste is pretty shit, however it doesn't mean a thing if you're having fun.
>>
>>383751058
Oh and I'm looking forward
>monster hunter worlds
>anthem
>destiny 2
>>
File: 5.gif (555KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
555KB, 555x555px
>>383750573
If 0 you play Ori and the Blind Forest.
If 5 you play KotOR 1+2
>>
File: embrace the darkness.jpg (33KB, 258x128px) Image search: [Google]
embrace the darkness.jpg
33KB, 258x128px
>>383749880
thats just an old image. Here is a fresh one. Just started playing it again. Doing a solo mage playthrough and doing a co op game with my 6 year old daughter as well while she is on school holidays
>>
>>383751518
How the fuck do I get into this game? I loved Starbound but I couldn't get into Terraria.
>>
>>383750913
Just finished The New Order and it was a really damn good singeplayer experience. Game feels self-aware about what it is.

Definitely looking forward to The New Colossus
>>
League Of Legends
why do you people buy games on Steam when they're single player and can just download them? are you mentally deficient?
>>
>>383751575
idk really just download it and start playing. Once you get close to fighting the WOF and you get noticeably stronger you start thinking I fucking got this shit then once you kill the WOF and push into hardmode then you get fucked in the ass and basically start again.

I just have severe autism for games with a nice progression curves
>>
>MGSV
Haven't touched it in a few weeks but it's fun, great gameplay, expansive game world and writing.
>The Talos Principle
Fun puzzles, beautiful game world, quality writing to tie it all up.
>Atom Zombie Smasher
Nice gameplay loops and fun though your first campaign is doomed by simply not being familiar with the mechanics and it's too easy to go into no-win levels where you're forced to forfeit just because you lack a vital upgrade so it could've used some pointers.

Not sure what to look forward to, I don't follow upcoming games that much and most AAA I'll adopt a wait and see strategy.
>>
File: IMG_20160831_040650.jpg (74KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160831_040650.jpg
74KB, 480x640px
>GTA: San andreas
Tons of fun. As good as I remember it being years ago
>Tekken 7
Best fighting game of this generation
>Super Smash Bros. Melee
Favorite game of all time and still the best smash bros game

I don't get excited for new games much anymore, but Dragon Ball Fighterz looks fucking incredible and I can't wait to get my hands on it
>>
>>383751192
I'm only counting that as a vote for Ori.
>>
File: Xenoblade combat in a nutshell.jpg (61KB, 472x874px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade combat in a nutshell.jpg
61KB, 472x874px
>>383747717
>Xenogears
I'm not that far in, but so far it seems very ambitious in scope, the various socio-political intrigues are a bit boring but intriguing enough to keep me going. All in all just a pretty solid show with hints of very interesting sci-fi themes that I notice share similarities with the rest of Takashi's works (I admit that I'm a bladebabby, all I've played from him prior is Xenoblade and Xenoblade X).
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Currently replaying on hard mode, which admittedly isn't that different from normal mode except in the rare instances where combat becomes mandatory, but I'm falling in love with the sense of exploration and wanderlust all over again.
>TF2
I can't help it, I've been addicted to this shit for a decade now, there's no getting off this ride.

I'm looking forward to:
>Samus Returns
Always been a Metroid fan, quite loved Metroid II as a kid but I admit it didn't age that well so I look forward on what a modern take on it will change.
>Xenoblade 2
I have my doubts about the new battle system but hopefully it turns out great when I actually gets my hands on it, otherwise I really look forward to another Monolith Soft world to explore, all the others (including BotW's) having been absolute joys to discover.
>SMT Deep Strange Journey
I have to admit I've never played an SMT game before even though I love JRPGs, so I look forward to starting the series with that remake.
>>
FFXIV
Rising storm 2 Vietnam
Mario kart 7
>>
File: catfishing.jpg (751KB, 1600x2264px) Image search: [Google]
catfishing.jpg
751KB, 1600x2264px
Ok sure. I'm playing

>Dota 2
As always, lately haven't played much but whatever. If you don't have an irrational hate for MOBAs play dotes, it's by far the best one.

>Hearts of Iron 4
Apparently this is the worst of the series, but I don't usually play Paradox games so I wouldn't know. I tried CK2 and EU4 and dropped both, because unlike HoI4, their UI is atrocious and barely readable. Game looks great, AI is dumb but I'm having funs. Soundtrack and the alt-history flavor the National Focuses text give you is neat.

>Stardew Valley
Dunno, just started yesterday. Looks fine so far? Can't really say much about it.

Games I'm looking foward to:

>Sea of Thieves
This right here. I have total faith in this game, it's going to be amazing.

And nothing else that I can think about actually.
>>
>>383753974
Yeh sea of thieves is looking great, I just wish it would also be released for ps4 because my shitty PC prob wont run it well.
>>
>>383751804
>He plays LoL
I think you're the one who's mentally deficient friend
>>
>>383755138
I enjoy being better than others and league is actually competitive, the only bad thing is how the jews made it so toxic-free but they can't stop me from having an int list. This is one of the best available games and if you can't see that you're just a bitter shit player
>>
>>383747717
>Furi
Holy shit this game is really fucking good. Bought it during the sale, just beat the Star. Story and art style are mediocre, but the gameplay and music is top notch
>Super Metroid
Play it once every year. There's a good reason it's considered one of the best games of all time.
>Xenoblade Chronicles
Just started, pretty comfy with great music and voice acting. Gameplay is a nice take on the standard JRPG fare, pretty fun so far.
>>
File: dda.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
dda.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>>383755309
>League is actually competitive
>More than half of the hero pool barely gets picked
>>
>>383755309
> I enjoy being better than others
You sound like an asshole
> league is actually competitive
You dont say?
>bad thing .... toxic-free
Again, you sound like an asshole.

That game is garbage, it doesent even let me change my controls, my fucking MMB is broken and keeps zooming in and i cant zoom which causes me to have to relog mid game. You'd think one of the most popular MMO's would have the budget to add the option to change controls.
>>
>Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Pretty fun games. Never played them before so I have no nostalgia for them, but they're not bad. The first one is pretty challenging, sometimes in a bad/tedious way though.
>PUBG
My current go to multiplayer game or what I play if I only have time for one or two quick matches. I love it, it's just addicting. Getting pretty good at it too.
>Stardew Valley
Really relaxing and chill game. I'm quite enjoying it so far.

Most looking forward to:
>Star Wars Battlefront 2
>RDR2
>Spider-Man
>>
>>383747717
>Yakuza 1
Four chapters in and I'm really enjoying this one. The combat feels clunky but the story is nice and the amount of side-quests seems quite large.

>Binding of Isaac Rebirth
I've been a fan of this series since the first game. The varied enemies and room layouts as well as a lot of items gives it a lot of replayability.

>Hacknet
Picked this up in a Humble bundle a while back, really dig the simple commands and the hacker feel of the game.
>>
File: 1497825411480.jpg (465KB, 818x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497825411480.jpg
465KB, 818x1200px
>>383747717
Sword Art Online Memory Defrag
- you can play online with friends (defeat bosses basically)
-simple yet engaging gameplay that is really adictive (a beat em up, where parrying is a big things that lets you do critical damage, so learning to parry different attacks and patterns from bosses is fun and gets you better loot)
- fucking drop rate for characters is very low and diamonds are expensive if you are a f2p player.

Overwatch
-fun to play in short bursts
-varied characters and game modes now
-fucking chests and their cool drop rate is terrible as well.

Arms
-playing with the joycons is a blast
-online works flawlessly and finding a match is faster than any other fighting game, usually takes about 2-4 seconds to find a ranked or a lobby to play in

----------------------------------
excited for
Dragon Ball Fighterz, because I'm a fighting game fanatic
Super Mario Odyssey, I like playing platformers
Etrian Odyssey 5, love this series, the game is actually hard and you have to form parties with good synergy to be able to beat the dungeons and bosses.
>>
File: 1494601607840.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494601607840.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>383747717
>Dragon Quest V
It's got Akira Toriyama art, a great story and it's literally the perfect jrpg.
>DKC
Play as a gorilla and throw shit to establish dominance over the weaker creatures that decided to gang up on you and your family to usurp your reign as king of swing.
>GTAIV
You play as a pissed off slav on a revenge mission while chasing the almighty dollar attempting to escape the lide you left behind only to be pulled back in because of circumstances, Puerto Rican that assists a fag on the outs trying to take care if his mama, and a jew biker who becomes envolved in a biker war he prevented until his club's president gets out of rehab back into a downward spiral. You make friends to get abilities, you kill fellow criminals with said friends, and you bowl with said friends. All three playable characters have something to do with each other's predicaments throughout the story whether they know it or not. I've played the game a lot and it's what I imagine Persona s-links would be if you were a complete psychopath.

>excited for
Metroid 2 remake, Cuphead if it ever comes out which I doubt, and fuck I don't know I really don't get that excited for games these days because you anticipate something you're going to be let down if your expectations are too lofty and you're pleasantly suprised if you don't think about it too much.
>>
>>383756046
>>383748320
How is Yakuza, I dont speak japanese would I still enjoy playing it?
>>
>>383757890
Yakuza 1 is dubbed in english, but I think even if the games aren't dubbed, they'll be subbed.

I could be wrong though, I've only seen 1 and a bit of 3.
>>
Grim Dawn rad
Hollow Knight pretty good
Destiny cooperative bad
>>
File: 1499875277582.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1499875277582.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
P5 is the best game I have ever played. Rich story and amazing gameplay. I also love anime
>>
>>383747717
>Hitman: The Complete First Season
this is my first hitman and its really fun. Its great because you can kill your targets just about any way you can imagine. Going for Suit only Silent assassin is ridiculously challenging but its made for some fun and inventive runs

>Animal Crossing: New Leaf
I picked it up again because my grandma wanted me to visit her town and now I'm back to the daily grind. Its a comfy little town sim and I do like my town.

>One Piece Super Grand Battle X
I was desperate for more one piece vidya. Its a pretty fun, yet simple smash clone. Its only in Jap but you can still enjoy the game (navigating the menus in the beginning is the hardest part)
>>
>>383758186
That's cool but do you also enjoy Naruto and DBZ?
>>
>>383747717
>Darksiders 2
Mindless fun for when you're bored
>Dark Souls 3
All around good game, even if a little shallower than the others
>Super Metroid
Possibly the best in the series

Upcoming:
>Sonic Mania
>Splatoon 2
>Dragon Ball FighterZ
>>
File: 2017-07-13-001515.jpg (103KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-13-001515.jpg
103KB, 960x544px
Currently playing through Persona 4 Golden. I like the battle system quite a bit, and the bosses especially, but the writing seems to be lacking something. I've heard good things about the Summer phase of the game though so I look forward to that.

Apart from that, I've played some Dark Souls and Pathologic, but that's it. I really need another good JRPG on the Vita to pass time with, if anyone's up for recommending something.
>>
>Shin Megami Tensei : Strange Journey
Just got locked into the Neutral ending, this is my first main SMT game and I'm loving it. Might pick up the remake but it's low priority, I want to go through Nocturne next but knowing my luck they'll announce a port or remake just when I get into it like SJ so I'll probably play Soul Hackers next.

>Tales of Symphonia HD
Lost my save so I had to start again, but I wasn't far anyway. Heard it get a lot of praise so decided to give it a go, has that anime feel about it even more so than Graces f but in a good way. Still Abyss is my favourite.

>Steins;Gate
Watched the anime with /a/ when it aired and figured it's worth going through. The Suzuha ending was well done but I expected more from the others, Faris was alright I guess.

Mostly just waiting for news on SMT HD but other than that just working on my backlog rather than keeping up.
>>
>Rainbow Six: Siege
Dropped CSGO after 1000+ hrs spent on it, ended up buying R6S and I'm loving it. It doesnt have as much of a competitive scene but being able to play casual that somehow resembles ranked is a plus. Glitches are fun to watch and I love the tactical sense the game gives you. Also operator system is the best thing ever imo. [Spoiler]IQ is T H I C C[/spoiler]

>Garry's Mod
Just like another anon said I mostly play RP servers. Mainly PERP, I ususally spend the whole day fsrming drugs and weapons and selling them, raid sometimes. It doesnt really get boring as I belong to an ORG so we always have something to do.

>Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multiplayer
I got application denied like 10 times from some normie GTA V RP server so just got fucking tired of a two-day queue so i just got nostalgia and installed gta:sa and SAMP, back into rp servers and having a blast like always. If any of you interested in GTA roleplay, get into San Andreas first, it has some depth into it despite it isnt as customizable and amazing as GTA V RP.

I'm not really up to date with upcoming games so I'm not waiting for shit.
>>
>>383749978
why don't you play fighting games that you don't hate?
>>
>>383747717
Resident Evil 0 HD
Got it in the current humble bundle and it feels like the Pre-RE4 games I used to love. Apparently this was made to PS2 standards and then downscaled to fit on the N64 so the remaster really brings shit to life. Has literally all the flaws of RE:2 but I loved that game so this is like a whole new chapter.

The Witcher 3
I didnt really take my time when it came out, and I recently grabbed all the DLC in the steam summer sale. Now I'm playing through it on the hardest difficulty. Theres an addon on nexus mods that automatically applies weapon oils (if you have em) before fights that really makes combat and exploration a lot more fun. Having to hit the UI every time i see a cockmonster, and then rub the right sword in specific cockmonstersauce for approx 30 hits may be how the devs wanted it played but I found it cumbersome. Also Ciri is bae.

Planet Coaster
Imagine a bunch of fans of the old rollertoaster tycoon series got together and produced a game and and it absolutely positively came out the way they intended. Now imagine that they release tons of free content and players can create and share models of pretty much anything to expand the game content.
It's not the most fun ive ever had, but it's way more fun that i expected it would be. Even when you make a coaster thats so fucking scary and nauseating that NOBODY is willing to ride it, you can still ride it.
>>
>>383747717
Rance6
Post end content remains
HoMM3
Playing campaign after almost 2 decade hiatus, maybe I finish all of them
Arcanum Magica or something
Gotta finish this.
>>
>>383749217
>bought it 2 weeks ago
>7 days played
>pretty good
one of those three statements must surely be incorrect
>>
File: 1490946292085.jpg (122KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1490946292085.jpg
122KB, 1280x854px
>>383750573
pla hlp
>>
>FFXIV
Don't play this.
>FFXII Zodiac
Don't play this either.
>Katawa Shoujo
Stay far away.
>>
>killing floor 2
I miss the summer sideshow event zeds but the games still doing good. Hope the king fleshpound boss becomes official.

>Stepmania
Still need to get better at this game. Want to become good at playing with the arrow keys rather than with DFJK(left down up right).

>Towerclimb
Already 100% the game, greatest platformer I've ever played, not sure why it's doing well with sales though. Still playing because I enjoy it. Love using the huge Ascender sword spinning and killing all enemies that walk right next to me while flying to the top of the screen. Especially love kicking Zardo's arse at bball.
>>
File: Picture6-2.png (1MB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Picture6-2.png
1MB, 1024x640px
>>383750573
Star Wars Battlefront 2
>>
File: IMG_094 07.13.17.jpg (142KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_094 07.13.17.jpg
142KB, 700x700px
>>383759054
Yep, I got them on my ps4. Just picked up this one. What should I expect?
>>
File: pEWPEW.jpg (43KB, 397x395px) Image search: [Google]
pEWPEW.jpg
43KB, 397x395px
>>383747717

>Monster Hunter Gen
Saying goodbye to my 3DS. Only bought it for MH anyways and it's been the most uncomfortable thing I've every held. Good riddance. I'll be glad to finally play on a proper console/PC

>FFXII The Zodiac Age
Loved it back in the day and it's comfy as fuck. Kinda wished it was on Vita since the hunts are kinda perfect for on the go gaming.

>Monster Super League
More stylized and casula Summoner's War. I know it's a Korean Gatcha game, but I have nothing better to do at work besides work.

Upcoming:
>Destiny 2
>Monster Hunter World
>Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds
>>
File: 1495310454084.jpg (33KB, 402x416px) Image search: [Google]
1495310454084.jpg
33KB, 402x416px
>>383758186
>>383760561
>>
>Shovel Knight
Really enjoyed it, beat all three campaigns

>Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Pretty cool so far. Kinda reminds me of batman

>Toy Soldiers
Always liked this one, doing the cold war campaign now.

Excited for:
>Mount and Blade Bannerlord
>Red Dead 2 (even though its never coming to PC)
>New South Park
>>
>>383750573
>https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004162646/games/

Play transistor with your headphones on
>>
>>383761450
I just don't like Spectre enough to finish it even though I'm nearly done. I don't like how they didn't have Spectre on the over world and how you're stuck in that fucking tower. In Plague/Shovel you've got two towns with npcs, the hall of heroes, and more upgrades. Should I grin and bare it or what? I did play through Shovel and Plague + too but something about Spectre just makes me feel wrong.
>>
>>
>>383750913
>AC7

This game can't come out soon enough. They should remake AC5,6,0 too because I can't see shit with PS2 graphics.
>>
>>383755965
>MMO
>>
>>383753974
Pls post more pictures like that
>>
>>383764250
I actually randomly stumbled uppon that image and downloaded it in spite of the furry shit going on. It's apparently some sort of furry fiction or something. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:CATastrophe
Pretty cute image tho
>>
File: 1499132027709.jpg (92KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499132027709.jpg
92KB, 768x1024px
Nier: Automata

Morrowind

Bully
>>
File: 1499833366456.jpg (68KB, 630x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499833366456.jpg
68KB, 630x480px
> Dark Souls
Immersive action-rpg, phenomenal level design and challenging combat.
> Hearthstone
Addictive and RNG heavy warcraft-themed cardgame
> OldSchool Runescape
MMORPG with aesthetically pleasing graphics and laid back grinding.

Shit i'm looking forward to:
>Metroid Prime 4
>Metroid Samus Returns
>Monster Hunter World
>>
>>383764465

Oh I forgot about the 3 upcoming games.

Cyberpunk 2077

Ace Combat 7

RDR2
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 016.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 016.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>Morriwind
Interesting settings for a rpg. The alien feeling you get why exploring make the outdated mechanics and look tolerable.

>Inquisitor
Awful look and average to horrible gameplay but the setting and the story are intriguing and once you get hook you can't let go.

>Baldur's gate 2
BG 2 by giving you more freedom succeed at being a good game compare to BG 1. Main story is uninteresting and to railroad during some chapter but the side quest and the companion make the game a must play. Also Jaheira and Mazzy are best girl.
>>
>>383747717
>Deus Ex: Human Revolution
>Persona 4
>Final Fantasy 9
>>
File: 1466395178872.jpg (201KB, 773x767px) Image search: [Google]
1466395178872.jpg
201KB, 773x767px
Playing_
>Rain World
Great atmosphere, simole but interesting environments, very harsh progressing requirements for a linear game, ends up being a bit grindy. Game's still charming though.

>Dead Cells
Roguelite action platformer that has a bunch of intersting skill combinations, reminds me of how much I suck at Metroidvanias when I have no guns.

>Botw
Yes I still haven't finished it I've got work to do ok

Expecting_
>SMT DSJ 3DS. and whatever the fuck the new HD project is gonna be
>Persona 4. before I get a PS4 to play persona 5 and other stuff. 3 was fun.
>The Sexy Brutale. Recommended by podcast and I still haven't got to it.
>>
File: 1494405674543.jpg (40KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1494405674543.jpg
40KB, 597x597px
>>
File: jajaerespendejooque.png (6KB, 84x128px) Image search: [Google]
jajaerespendejooque.png
6KB, 84x128px
>>383766845
whats this game anon
>>
File: 1496589233390.gif (2MB, 287x216px) Image search: [Google]
1496589233390.gif
2MB, 287x216px
>>383767446
>>
File: 1492556340209.png (178KB, 950x596px) Image search: [Google]
1492556340209.png
178KB, 950x596px
>>
>Skyrim: with a SHIT TON of mods
Basically, it's been like 3 years sinced I played it and I wanna try it with mods.
>Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Wanted a fun fps. Got more than I expected, since the game's story so far is great and the art style is neat.
>EuroTruck Simulator 2
Just recently got it. Comfy as FUCK with a podcast or two.

Upcoming games:
>RDR2
>Ass Creed: WE WUZ
>Wolfenstein: Antifa edition (or whatever the subtitle is)
>>
>Borderlands the pre-sequel
I'm nostalgia fagging, I have a soft spot for the borderlands series even though I know their bad. This one is better though character wise and the story is as long and drawn out. If you don't already like borderlands, then yeah you'll hate this.

>League of Legends
It's that game you visit out of boredom, play a game then realize why you left.

>Rabi ribi
Surprisingly good. Despite the weebshit art style, the game combines touhou like bullet hell and a kind of beat em' up platformer, it's odd to explain. The game is way better than one would guess and definitely a challenge for the average on hard.

Should I kill myself for these?
>>
File: 1490681688561.gif (1001KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490681688561.gif
1001KB, 440x300px
>>383750573
Still here.
>>
>Doom
So much damn fun. Runs smooth and the game play is so damn nice
>Hollow Knight
Don't know if it's just me but it just seems rather dull and boring along with button delay. I heard from others here it gets better so I'm hopeful for that
>NBA 2k17
Yes I know...it's my guilty pleasure game.

Only excited for Mario and cuphead but honestly don't really care if I don't get them. This year started so damn strong and now it's just kinda blah
>>
File: 1497087002544.jpg (40KB, 640x614px) Image search: [Google]
1497087002544.jpg
40KB, 640x614px
>>383770546
>>
File: cNXdY2v.gif (224KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
cNXdY2v.gif
224KB, 720x418px
>GTA IV
Surprisingly good and pleasant, but it does gets boring towards the end due the fact that there's nothing you can do. Dicking around on LAN is fun as hell, tho
>Goldeneye 007 Wii
Surprisingly solid and enjoyable fps. It might be because I'm quite bias for Eurocom's Bond games, but this game is really well made
>Spiderman 2 for gc
The game is shit and aged as milk but it's worth it for swingan alone

Hyped
>Sonic Mania
>
>>
File: pix2pix (11).png (516KB, 1350x620px) Image search: [Google]
pix2pix (11).png
516KB, 1350x620px
>Spyro: Enter The Dragonfly (Dolphin)
>tfw you're at 890/900 on Luau Island
>Rise of the Tomb Raider
Just seems like more of Tomb Raider with better ass and more realistic face.
>WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Game$! (Dolphin)
I only used Dolphin's speed settings once. It ruined the game for me. I reccomend everyone in this thread to play it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMHHt6Ii1_c&list=PLCF9DD1802298E04B&index=11
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-13_08-31-05.png (96KB, 637x412px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-13_08-31-05.png
96KB, 637x412px
>Hitman TM
Fucking incredible, it's so good that I have convinced myself to go 100% the whole thing. 150h so far, probably about 75% done
>Rocket League
My go-to game for about 18 months now. Pretty much the perfect multiplayer game imo

Not touched anything else since Shadow of Mordor last September lol
>>
>Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
My first DMC game, first dozen hours in, seems fun but is kinda clunky
>Furi
Probably my favorite game, amazing gameplay and combat, art direction and music. Practicing s-ranks
>Crypt of the necrodancer
Fun roguelike rhythm dungeoncrawler, but really fucking difficult, for me at least
>>
>>383747717
SAMP (mp mod for gtasa) still has some "serious/hard" RP where the focus isn't on violence at all but creating a character. I play on RCRP.

For lighter RP (think GTA V Online free roam) there are many servers too.
>>
>>383747717
>Motorsport Manager
Pretty dope racing simulation management simulation. Handle contracts, strategies, part development, and whatnot. 8/10
>Stellaris
Combo of Europa Universalis IV and Master of Orion II. It's really good, but could still use some good patches and expansions. 9/10
>Bloodborne
Starts as gothic horror action, ends up Lovecraftian action. Also the best soulsborne while subverting many tropes of the franchise. 10/10

Looking forward to
>Pillars of Eternity 2
>Splat2n
>Code Vein
>>
>>383750573
Only a few hours or less on record for allot of games.

Anon explain. Do you ADD or are these stats incorrect?
Not much time on your hands? Whats going on here..
>>
>>383750573
star wars bf2
>>watch out for wrist rockets you glorious motherfuckers
>>
>>383750573
seriously you have a lot of mediocre shooters and shit, to this day i think star wars bf2 is one of the best, just play through the campaigns n giggle m8
>>
>>383774279
Only got my PC a little while ago. Bought too many games and don't know what to play.

>>383774324
That's two votes for Battlefront 2.
>>
>>383774403
Battefront it is.
>>
>>383747717
>Purse Owner 5
I'm having a blast. I think the gameplay is the best it's ever been in a Persona game. Tae is bae but Kawakami is really making me second guess that,
>Yakuza 0
First Yakuza game, never thought I'd have as much fun as I am. I don't think I ever had a game put a shit eating grin on my face like this one has.
>Fire Emblem Fates
Going through Conquest. I absolutely hate it. I signed up for an edgelord MC and I get a raging fag instead. Camilla's tits can't hold my interest in this game

As for upcoming games I'm excited for
>Yakuza Kiwami
>Fractured But Whole
>Mount and Blade Bannerlord never ever
>>
>The Division
A good game, looking forward to buy Survival DLC.
>Warframe
I love it. One of the best MMO games i have ever played. It just killed Destiny and Anthem by a single announcement.
>Oneshot
A charming little game, that obliterates fourth-wall with a nuclear missile barrage from orbit.
>Mount&Blade: Warband
Awesome game with good combat mechanics that actually require skill. Singleplayer is great, but multiplayer is just... wow. Hundreds of players in a siege. Only game's old engine can't allow more. Looking forward to preorder M&B 2: Bannerlords.

Games (and updates) im really looking forward to:
- Warframe: Plains of Eidolon
- Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlords
- Cuphead
- DayZ (updates, last one was really good, they revamped forest, it's shaders 'n shiet and now game looks stunning)
>>
>Dark Souls 2 Sotf
Improves quite a few aspects, that annoyed me in DS1.

>talos principle
Aside from the obvious parts, like music, graphics and setting/story, I am quite fond of it being actually "video game-y". Like some puzzles and secrets having you try to exploit the level boundaries and jump over the wall etc. You know, like times in stalker where you spent half an hour getting over walls and fences to see the end of the level geometry

>Catherine
I finally bought a surround sound system and now I can hear the in game voices properly
>>
>>383749767
I guess just because you're an ass pirate doesn't mean you'd like pirate games
>>
>>383774609
After you are done with mediocrefront 2 join the dragons dogma fan club.

There is allot of "meh" games on that list that I personally wouldn't bother with.
Dark Messiah and F.E.A.R. are on the list with 0 playtime. does that mean 0 playtime or was the playtime not carried over as the years went on?
>>
>>383747717
>N sane trilogy
Good
>ds1
bloodborne is better
>destiny
Fun but repetitive
>>
1. Rainbow Six Siege
It's pretty fun
2. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
It's really fun
Nioh
haven't gotten that far, but it's pretty fun

the only game I'm even a bit excited for at the moment is Destiny 2, but I'm not gonna waste my money on that anyway
>>
> Nioh
Pretty fun, Ive always thought Samurai shit was awesome and I also thing it's a great game, the Dark Souls inspiration turned out to be more neat than I thought. It can get pretty difficult too.

> Devil May Cry
buddy of mine let me borrow his HD collection a while back, figured I'd start with the first one, very action packed, pretty straightforward for the most part but it's not too obvious, you gotta do a little looking around here and there.

> Metro: Last Light
Well, once upon a time I was shitface drunk and started Metro: 2033 for the first time ever on the hardest difficulty option and it took me an unnecessary amount of time to beat it, don't recommend it, but Last Light is like a better version of 2033, very story driven games, it'll make you want to get the book they were inspired by. Lot of emphasis on survival, before it was a meme, stealth is almost always necessary, so is being careful and conserving resources. pretty creepy too. Not like Amneisa or FEAR scary but, when you're sneaking past giant mutated whateverthefucks and you think you're in the clear and one of them spots you from the back and let's out a mighty roar to alert every mutant in the vicinity of your presence, you're heart will drop and you will experience "o shit" like never before.
>>
>>383776660
If you haven't figured it out already, Spears, lightning Katana, and ninjutsu homie.
Enjoy
>>
>>383776635
Try Demons Souls if you liked BB
>>
>Mad Max
Mad Max meets Far Cry 3.

>Orwell
Solving a terrorist attack using the power of the Panopticon.

>Battletech beta
The board game, only on PC.

I honestly barely keep track of game news these days, so I have no idea what's coming up without reading the thread.
>>
>>383749963

I have a half-finished game of The Witcher 2 that I just...don't really feel a need to go back to. I dunno, lots of people really love them, but I gave up on 1 and now probably wouldn't be able to go back to 2 without restarting it.
>>
>>383777167
cant say ur missin much
>>
>>383777320
I think it was tough to get into for me as well. But if i had to pick witcher 1 2 or 3 i would pick 2
>>
>>383775770
I posted that shit, passed out drunk, woke up and saw this reply. That was a pretty good burn, nice one. I lol'd.
>>
>>383757890
Yakuza is an awesome beatemup, plus a ridiculous gangster melodrama, plus a ridiculous amount of sidequests and minigames. You don't need to know moon runes but I think it helps to know at least a few yakuza films or even better kung fu films. But if you just care about punching shit, forget all that and just enjoy it, it's a game about punching people. I love it.
>>
File: bf1 2017-07-06 12-29-24-70.jpg (550KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
bf1 2017-07-06 12-29-24-70.jpg
550KB, 1440x900px
I recently bought a 1070 so I am looking for visually impressive games, currently I have installed:

>Prey
Finished it today and enjoyed it a lot. It is basically an even better spiritual successor to System Shock 2 than the Bioshock series are. It is also very pretty.

>Battlefield 1
It does have very nice graphics, though I find the DICE engine looks a bit on the plastic side. Gameplay is very boring unfortunately and I can only play for short bursts.

>Endless Space
Played only for a bit, but the graphics look fantastic and it runs like a dream with the latest patches.

I already bought DOOM but I am definitely looking for more suggestions.
>>
>>383751058
>fallout new vegas
Honestly disappointing, I played fallout 3 right before it and it was so much more fun

In what ways did you find F3 to be more fun than FNV? All I ever hear is F3 is dog waste next to FNV so I'm curious.
>>
>>383747717
>GTA V
Keep in mind that I'm not interested in side-activities AT ALL, unless we're talking Strangers and Freaks. Pretty good plot, mediocre gunplay and arcadey driving mechanics. Graphically impressive and the FPP mode is a nice addition. Overall - I don't see how it's "the best game ever", unless you're a spastic kid looking for a digital playground, but the story makes up for it.
>Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
If you're a fan of Dark Souls or Monster Hunter - go for it, you won't be disappointed. Otherwise - repetetive, with a cut'n'paste, generic fantasy storyline and typical Jap game mechanics and controls.
>Payday 2
Shitton of content for roughly $45, a ton of viable playstyles (unless we're talking about the 'endgame' difficulty level), multitude of weapons and characters to pick. The DLCs threw any semblance of internal coherence out of the window, but still fun in multiplayer. Oh, and they fixed desync and animations recently.

Excited for:
>Yakuza 0 (or HD?) PC port, because I don't own a console at this point
>Cyberpunk 2077
>more stable PS3 emulators, so I can play all those obscure Jap titles
>>
>sherlock holmes: the devil's daughter
meh, they did a fine job with previous one but this time they decided to add annoying kid and "open-world" instead of good stories
>fallout 4
Shame that bethesda didn't have the balls to make either open-world action or rpg, instead they've maid unbalanced mess. It seems like they wanted to please everyone but they something went terribly wrong. Game can be turned into some kind of stalker through mods but many people won't waste so much time on that.
>far cry 4
it's fun but both Sabal and Amita are annoying cuts. I hate the fact that ubisoft didn't let you side with Pagan.

>Pyre
>New colossus
>RDR2
>>
>>383781272
>Endless Space
Do I buy this, or Stellaris? My only experience with 4X is the Civ series.
>>
>doom (2016)
Great game where you can customize your weapons and abilities to suite things like more ammo, more health, armor resistance, etc.
>resident evil 4
Played this game many times but never got far because i used to be a massive vag and couldn't even get passed the first part in dead space, from what I'm playing the controls take a while to get used to but when you get them down the game is honesty a very fun and challenging game
>resident evil 6
Good without having a partner or with, it has a fair mercenaries mode and a decent campaign consisting of 4 stories, would recommend if on sale
>>
>>383781272
>>383782294
Shit, I meant EVERSPACE.
>>
Looks pretty good.
>>
>Neotokyo
Summer allowed a new surge of activity, with gamenights happening every night, although it was pretty barren yesterday. I'm not that good, but I'm getting better by the day.
>Half Life 2
Had tons of fun with the original and the expansions, so I picked this at the sale along with its episodes. So far so good, not so impressed by the action but hopefully it will improve.
>Risk of Rain
Not much to say, I love all the chaos.

I'm anticipating Death Stranding and Battlefront 2, with little hype though.
>>
>Trails in the Sky 3rd
Honestly not that great, comes off as pretty lazy compared to its predecessors. Also gets really unbalanced at higher levels, holy shit Richard. Still, I'd say it's worth it if you really enjoyed the last two games.

>Bayonetta
Well, it's a fucking masterpiece of action games, and I'm not fanboying for Platinum.

>Pharaoh Rebirth+
An alright little platformer I got on the last Steam sale. Nothing groundbreaking, but pretty fun.

I don't really get hyped for hypothetical future games anymore, if something good comes out I'll hear about it.
>>
>>383747717
>dawn of war dark crusade

Fun rts which got me into 40k lore

>team fortress 2

Stale atm and only playing for the weekly drops, pyro update if it ever comes might kick up some dust

>killing floor 2

Run off the mill horde shooter, good stress reliever.

Not really looking forward to anything, saints row spin off might be fun.
>>
>>383747717
> Thimbleweed Park
Great adventure game with sane puzzles and good stories. Its humor is hidden in stuff like book covers and shit, but besides from that - it's great.

> Destiny
Gunkino. Think neverending Halo. Don't bother with loothunt, just enjoy the gameplay or fuck off.

> Halo Wars DE
Basically Red Alert 2 with sane controls for the console. Simple and enjoyable.
It is NOT Starcraft 2.

What I am excited for?
> The Last Night
> Cuphead
> SMT V
>>
>>383747717
I'm trying to keep up with 2015/2016 entires in series I like that I haven't been able to buy before due to college/financial conditions at the time of their launch
>Witcher 3
Impressed, good writing, good side-quests, fun but flawed combat, the first still stands as my series favorite, last thing I did was rescue Vigo yesterday
>Fallout 4
Pretty meh, tries way too many things and is not particularly good at any of them, that and it's pretty wonky/ugly for a 2015 release, Weakest entry in the series, still, a pretty good and fun shooting gallery at times, and it's comfy chilling at your home of choice
>Final Fantasy XV
My copy arrived yesterday, played for 3 hours, it was pretty fun and was impressed by a few things here and there, no solid opinion yet. I want to restart the game after downloading the 17gb update, but since I live in a third world shithole it will take fucking forever, so I'll focus on completing Wild Hunt's main quest in the meanwhile
>>
Persona 5
Odin's Sphere
Hollow Knight What the fuck the Dreamers aren't even bosses? LAME
>>
>>383785753
Forgot the upcoming games I'm excited for
>Monster Hunter World
>RDR2
>M&B Bannerlord
>>
File: anti-air.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
anti-air.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>383747717
>RS2: Vietnam
Highly tactical nam war shooter that strikes a balance between arcade and realism and feels a lot like the old skool Battlefield games. Every one of the 4 playable factions have their own unique classes to specialize in. Comes with 5 maps (user created not included) and 3 game modes for around 20 bucks and will have more content on the way.

>Dead Cells
Excellent indie with permadeath where you play as an undead entity through a procedually generated dungeon when you figh enemies for gold to buy weapons and powers along the way. Death means a reset of the level and you start over.

>BotW
Still taking my time with this one. I won't explain what it's about since there's tons of threads on /v/ erry day. Fun game with a great physics engine, though the game loses it's charm after a while.
>>
File: 1494814061571.jpg (358KB, 530x775px) Image search: [Google]
1494814061571.jpg
358KB, 530x775px
>playing multiple games at once
>starting a new game before finishing the last one
>>
>>383786349
>Upcoming games
South Park game
Metro Exodus
RDR2
>>
>>383782428
>>383783346
Nice. How does it play?
>>
>>383771912
>Nostalgia
>Borderlands
>>
>>383771912
You must be 12. Fuck off underage.
>>
I play one game at a time, but for the sake of discussion I'll post the ones I wanna get back to.

MAFIA III (7/10)
>+ Gore.
>+ Amazing story; amazing acting.

>— Shit collectibles.
>— Repetitive.
>— Slightly buggy.

ZERO DAWN (9.6/10)
>+ Realistic human beings.
>+ Incredibly fun and strategic combat.
>+ Amazing world building/setting.
>+ Has a challenging difficulty setting for those interested.
>+ Fantastic story; fantastic acting.
>+ Immersive, beautiful world.
>+ Inventory management done right.

>— NPC animations are sometimes kinda shitty.

I'll continue in a new post. Not even sure if this thread is still alive.
>>
>>383790335
THE ORDER: 1886

>+ Incredible combat; incredible weapons.
>+ State of the art visuals.
>+ Amazing story; unimaginably good acting for a video game.
>+ Amazing setting. Steampunk.

>— Werewolf fights could be done better.
>— Can't disable prompts.
>— Audio logs could be done better.
>— Needs a difficulty setting or two above Hard.
>>
>>383790563
9.6/10, btw.
>>
>>383790335
>>383790563
>>383790584
wrong
>>
>>383747717
>Battlefield 1
It seems to be finally picking up, next big DLC is coming in two months but they're releasing 2 maps to keep us entertained until then, waiting for those gameplay tweaks they talked about.
>Rocket League
has been my go to online game since its release
>Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
just started yesterday and barely played anything.

i think ill just take a long break after i finish DMoMM because i'm not enjoying video games as much as i used to
>>
>>383790645
Care to explain why?
>>
>>383790563
tutorial prompts*
>>
>>383790563
>HYPING
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Ancestors

Not excited about either, but I've waited thirteen years for a sequel and I love Destructive Creations.
>>
Just finished DOOM.
Now playing Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Overwatch occasionally.

I can't really play several games (especially single-player) at once, I typically focus on one.
>>
>>383747717
Currently playing
>Prey
Fun as hell. A little scary sometimes. Fantastic gameplay, and a good story. Easily one of the best reboots out there.

>DiRT4
Okay. Not as good as Rally but I'm still having fun. I wanted DiRT Rally 2 and am disappointed a little. Still, the game plays good.

Upcoming games:

None
>>
File: 1499468606418.jpg (86KB, 639x716px) Image search: [Google]
1499468606418.jpg
86KB, 639x716px
After finishing most of the new releases this year and maxing out for the time in Stormblood I'm in Limbo.

I played Tales of Berseria for 50 Hours and I'm in some Hawaii place right now trying to get to a temple.
I'm getting really burned out tho, the combat isn't keeping my attention and playing on Intense does nothing other than Enemies instant stunning me everytime I fail to block an attack, it honestly made the game more tedious instead of fun.
What doesn't help is that I just found out that the "Villain" kept Velvet alive because her feeding on Demons revives some old God but nobody other than Rokurou thinks that's worth mentioning and Rokarou doesn't even give a fuck about it.

I bought Hollow Knight during the Steam Sale but I'm not really feeling it.
I started playing some Disgaea 1 PC but after the first chapter it's not really something I wanna go through right now.
I still haven't beaten the Ringed City in DSIII but everytime I start it up I just feel like playing Bloodborne or Nioh instead.

I'm spending most of my free time shitposting on /v/ and watching dumb videos on my second screen without actually paying attention.
It fucking sucks.
>>
>>383791151
How is your opinion on both?
>>
>>383791236
>Fantastic gameplay
>good story
nah it's well made but nothing fantastic about it
the story is meh and the end is just infuriating
>>
>>383791361
Try The Order: 1886 if you can stomach slow, immersive gameplay. It's twenty bucks on PSN. I'm definitely talking slow, though. It's like one of those E3 gameplay videos. Very impressive if you're into that kinda shit, though. Also, did you download Until Dawn? It's free right now.
>>
File: 1_500.jpg (72KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1_500.jpg
72KB, 500x334px
>dead cells
Having to start over from beginning after every death is bullshit but the gameplay is tight.
Hope they will make a checkpoint system.

>dead space
It's okay, easier than I thought.
What do you spend credits on? Got 30k but the upgrade points are super rare.
>>
>>383791612
The thing that bugs me is the constant text logs. Oh, and shit art design ripped straight from Dishonored.
>>
>>383791721
You mean the fuses or whatever the fuck? You should be finding a bunch. Also, you might wanna restart on a higher difficulty setting.
>>
File: Darkest-Dungeon-Jester-Music.png (149KB, 472x548px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest-Dungeon-Jester-Music.png
149KB, 472x548px
>Darkest Dungeon
Honestly why are you not playing this now? Gameplay seems simple, but then the oppressing darkness descends, and the teeming, twisted evil that dwells in the festering labrynths slowly eats away at your flesh and your mind until only a feverish, animal instinct drives you onward, casting ever more bodies into the graveyard in your desperate obsession to lance the boil that is your ancestor's legacy...
>Dying Light
There is no better zombie game out there. I put hundreds of hours into it, and the announcement of more DLC got me back into it. How many other games let you take a flying leap off a third story balcony to drop kick a dead dude into a wall of spikes?
>Horizon Zero Dawn
Say what you want about Cabela's Robo-Safari 2017, I like stabbing robots and bow-sniping bandits. Plus it looks great and the draw distance is sexy on the PS4 Pro.
>>
>>383791481
Really liking both.

DOOM is fast and levels are very good. Story is non-existent, but at the same time pretty great and deep.

Tomb Raider is a direct upgrade over the previous game. Less QTE too.
Combat's not fun, at least until you get a shotgun. But I'm playing on Survivor and with a Controller.
Exploration and traversing the levels are great, Tomb puzzles are cool.
Really liking environments too even despite the fact that I actually live in Siberia and know it's depiction is terrible.
>>
>Wolfenstein: The New Order
First level was iffy, but now it's a blast. The world/lore is carefully crafted and the combat is actually engaging for someone like me, who doesn't usually care for FPSs
>Mass Effect
It combines some of my favourite settings with my favourite kind of game, the characters and story are well written and engaging, and the gameplay is what one expects from BioWare
>Saints Row 2
This is one of my favourite games ever; the world is oozing with care and detail and the story is amazing. The controls and gameplay are a little clunky, but if you can get past that, it's a wonderful experience

Excited for:
>Mario Odyssey
mexican Mario is a good symbol of what I love in games
>RDR2
the first is a favourite, and I hope it can live up to the name
>Into the Breach
FTL was really good, and I can't wait to see how Subset handle Advance Wars style gameplay
>>
>>383791853
The draw distance is shit on PS4 Pro, though. I just got the Platinum. The game's stunning, but it's got fog specifically to disguise that shit.
>>
>>383791853
What's the meta game of dd?
Make a crew, take a quest, ignore stress relief, let them die to heart attacks and recruit new until you can unlock blacksmith and guild?
>>
>>383791612
I like the unvierse they created for the game. It's interesting to me.

>>383791781
The art style is literally Dishonored + Bioshock. It was honestly very accurate for people to claim this game is Arkane's Bioshock in space (i.e. System Shock). The game has a lot of Arkane's shit in it.
>>
File: ARX FATALIS 1.jpg (354KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
ARX FATALIS 1.jpg
354KB, 666x666px
>>383792686
Arkane wasn't always dumb, you know. If they try they can produce games with good art design. PREY just seems lazy when Dishonored exists. Wasn't surprised to learn the development cycle was rushed. I'm gonna give it a fair shot, but I haven't liked what I've played thus far.
>>
>>383792296
To a degree. It's the atmosphere of the game that I like. I commonly identify what is the infinite/renewable resource in an RPG rather quickly, and typically a play through involves sacrificing several characters to leverage the advancement of a couple or three tougher ones who will be effective enough to elevate other characters. The RNG provides boons and pitfalls, but proper management supersedes any other fluctuations in luck.
>>
>>383792278
Have you seen what it looks like on a regular PS4? The Pro is a vigorous improvement.
>>
>Titanfall 2
Fast paced, and a rush to play. Even the Executions are satisfying. My favorite being Shadow Boxing and Curb Check. As well as the Grapple.

>S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl
I put this off for way too long but enjoying the hell out of it. You can't go guns blazing untill late game and the A.I is aggressive as hell on Master difficulty but it's the only way to play.

>Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
A relaxing old school RTS I play to wind down and can get interesting with the A.I. Especially when you forget to lock teams and they all team up on you and get attacked from 8 sides.

Games looking forward to
>Destiny 2
Fuck you I like it.
>Battlefront II
Still on the fence about this.
>Metro Exodus
Russia Fallout and I loved it. I have played 2033 and Last Light.
>>
>>383792882
Like I said, the game has a lot of Arkane to it, literally having the same mechanics like magic and other stuff, but that said, I gotta admit that it just works. Even despite the short time frame they had to develop this game, they managed to make a solid game that doesn't even feel rushed at all.

There's a shitload of backtracking though. It's not that annoying but still...
>>
>>383793206
Nah. This is my first PS4.
>>
>>383793454
Imagine if they polished it for a year or two and fixed the art design. The gameplay is good and not casual at all. Shit could be a Game of the Year contender.
>>
>>383793570
For me it is definitely a GOTY contender.
>>
>>383793679
How are the special powers? What kinda shit can you do?
>>
>>383793754
The same shit the main enemies (Typhon) can and I think also the same stuff you could do in Dishonored. Typical stuff like teleportation, mind control, spawning a friendly enemy unit, and so on.
>>
>>383793889
Cool. Thanks.
>>
>>383793945
Also, one thing I wanna add is that the game kinda discourages you from using (or unlocking) special powers. I don't want to spoil you how, but it kinda gives the game replayability as you might wanna play it first without using any of those powers.
>>
>>383749767
Fuck you dude it's almost as good as the ezio trilogy.
It's fun
>>
>>383794054
I always aim for the platinum (without guides), so I'll definitely do that. You can spoil the fuck outta me, btw. I stopped giving a fuck about that shit ages ago.
>>
>>383794054
>you might wanna play it first without using any of those powers
Not this shit again.

The first Dishonored indirectly encouraged stealth which deprived you from most fun powers.
>>
>>383753974
>Hearts of Iron 4
>Apparently this is the worst of the series, but I don't usually play Paradox games so I wouldn't know. I tried CK2 and EU4 and dropped both, because unlike HoI4, their UI is atrocious and barely readable. Game looks great, AI is dumb but I'm having funs. Soundtrack and the alt-history flavor the National Focuses text give you is neat.
The fans of the old Hearts of Iron games feel that the fourth scrapped some content and streamlined the game to make it much more accessible to newcomers, which it very much succeeded in doing. You say you couldn't handle the UI of EU4 and CK2, these are miles ahead of the UI of HOI3, which is a complete clusterfuck.
EU4 and CK2 have by no means a bad UI, they just take some time to get used to.
>>
>>383794596
>>383794896
Prey does it in a way that basically makes you into one of the Typhon as you literally inject yourself with their neurons which give you their powers. This means the more powers you have, the more alien you become, which impacts the ending as well as the game's difficulty because the Turrets will begin firing on you (since they think you're alien) and the toughest Typhon, the Nightmare will be sent after you more often.
>>
>>383794896
Getting the bad ending in Dishonored is an incentive you white knight cuck faggot.
>>
>>383747717
jesus fuck the majority of these posts are terrible. Does /v/ just play shit games all day? guess that explains the shit state of the board. If it weren't for the 3 or 4 cool threads every once in a while, I'd have probably left this board for good
>>
>>383797560
Just leave, newfag.
>>
>>383797819
I would but I stay for specific threads. some are good.
>>
>>383747717
played metal gear online a few hours ago. saw that the game is now dead on ps3, half of the 8 games were chat lobbies or something, played a match, entire game left afterwards, got depressed, went back to shitposting on /v/. what's a good multiplayer tps?
>>
>>383791853
>Honestly why are you not playing Darkest Dungeon now?
Because it's dogshit. It has a wonderful aesthetic that completely absorbs you, but drops the ball on shitty RNG combat and endless grinding. I have downloaded and uninstalled the game many times just because of the art style and atmosphere, only to uninstall again when I remember that the gameplay is completely and totally unfun.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.