[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Steam Controller a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 448189_gen_b.png (38KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
448189_gen_b.png
38KB, 270x270px
Is the Steam Controller a meme?
>>
it does what it's suppose to do
>>
Typing this out on my Steam Controller. Its great for web browsing at least.
>>
I played and beat Dark Souls using it, I thought it worked quite well.
>>
>>383748637
the typing works so fucking well actually
>>
I got it during summer sale and have already applied to return the fucker. Only redeeming quality is that it has a more intuitive way of aiming down the sight via the back buttons + trigger. For everything else I found it to only be frustrating.
>>
I like mine, even though it's got a ton of issues. I wouldn't really recommend it for games that are built around a controller, the stick is too small and the pads aren't great in stick mode, but it's great for playing more M+KB focused games while getting comfy. Buy it on sale, you may as well get an XBone controller instead at full price, but for $25 it's really nice
>>
>>383749094
The typing method even works great on the Xbone and DS4 analog sticks

Why the fuck they dont work that way on consoles is beyond me, it's light years faster
>>
It isn't bad. I've been playing the witcher 3 with it.

I can't get used to gyro aiming at all though. I tried to configure it for the crossbow use, but TW3 spazzes out for some reason with gyro. No matter, the crossbow is fucking useless in TW3 anyway.
>>
>>383747439
it's nice when I want to fuck off on my couch and play an RTS.
>>
>>383750632
the gyro is really fucky in a ton of games, I'm convinced it's some sort of software issue. It works flawlessly for me in My Summer Car with slight tweaking but it's unusable in any other driving game that I've tried
>>
>>383750304
Innovation man, Valve's been designing and using the steam controller since 2009 (see https://youtu.be/hbbabj0_ZCs?t=859)

The documentary also explains that the steam controller team had very dedicated people creating it. One of them went out of his way to force himself to use the Controller, Link, and BPM in his home setup even if they were unconvetional to come up with ideas and improvements.

If Sony or M$ were to create a new controller, they would dedicate one year at max to the designing and then be done with it.
>>
>glossy plastic finish on a handheld device

Instant garbage, no exceptions.
>>
File: 1498335935773.jpg (40KB, 806x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498335935773.jpg
40KB, 806x960px
It's a controller made for PC games that don't have controller support. What the fuck are you looking for? It does exactly what its supposed to do, dipshit.
>>
Is the Steam Link a meme? The input keeps spiking over 5 at random times and it makes games unplayable.
>>
File: 1471818437183.png (325KB, 757x880px) Image search: [Google]
1471818437183.png
325KB, 757x880px
>>383750632
If you have the trackpad AND the gyro mapped to the same joystick, it will fuck up. One input telling the game that the joystick is dead center and the other saying to go left. The game then takes the input practically at random.

Do not bind same joystick to two places. Only do it if the game allows for mouse look or has native SC support. Not the fault of the controller, but the input method.
>>
>>383751397
The problem is, that the steam controller is not meant for retards. A lot of people just plug it in and expect it to work miracles.
>>
>>383750304
PS4 has gyro typing, it works pretty well for short messages.
>>
how do you stop it from vibrating all the time
>>
>>383751397
This pic is the perfect analogy
You have your basic knife set that has tools you'll use constantly and work perfectly well for what they do
Then you have a full Swiss Army knife that has the basics but they're crowded in a shitton of other functions that are incredibly situational and just make the standard knife harder to pull out because it got a little dust in there and now refuses to pull out without ripping out your fingernail seriously fuck these knives and the shitheads who buy them
>>
>>383752530
There's a touchpad haptics option in the controller configuration.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-13_05-57-15.png (63KB, 1267x373px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-13_05-57-15.png
63KB, 1267x373px
>>383752530
>>
File: Xbox-Chatpad-Pic2.jpg (1018KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-Chatpad-Pic2.jpg
1018KB, 1280x720px
>>383750304
>>383751012
Does it work better than one of these though?
>>
That might be faster. Maybe. Still has twinstick which are awful compared to trackpads for everything else.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.