[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking love Skyward Sword. I bought it at launch and loved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_9344.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9344.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
I fucking love Skyward Sword. I bought it at launch and loved every second of it. Fuck you.
>>
Fi a best.
>>
File: IMG_9345.jpg (34KB, 462x464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9345.jpg
34KB, 462x464px
It's also the last Zelda game to end an era. There was the 2D era, and the first 3D era where the games iterated on Ocarina of Time. It was a damn fine one and an excellent way to cap that style off. We will never get one of these fucking classics ever again.
>>
File: 2437010-banjo.jpg (301KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2437010-banjo.jpg
301KB, 1280x720px
>>383747426
I fucking love Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I bought it at launch and loved every second of it. Fuck you.
>>
File: IMG_9346.jpg (344KB, 1067x1484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9346.jpg
344KB, 1067x1484px
It looks beautiful on a good CRT, and it's also got the most solid lineup of dungeons since Ocarina of Time. It came late for its tech, but it's also one of the best games ever developed for that level of hardware.
>>
File: boxart.jpg (179KB, 1000x901px) Image search: [Google]
boxart.jpg
179KB, 1000x901px
>>383747426
I fucking love Metroid Prime Hunters. I bought it at launch and loved every second of it. Fuck you.
>>
File: pdn.png (301KB, 1024x654px) Image search: [Google]
pdn.png
301KB, 1024x654px
>>383747540
woah
>>
File: IMG_9347.jpg (158KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9347.jpg
158KB, 1280x719px
It also has the best story of any Zelda game, and it's the most romantic outside of Spirit Tracks. It's got the best score for any video game in the past decade.
>>
>>383747426
>Play like shit
>Looks like shit
>Story is shit
>Characters are shit
>Dungeons are shit
>Bosses are shit
>Music is good but out of place
>>
File: IMG_9348.jpg (192KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9348.jpg
192KB, 600x590px
>>383748295
>plays beautifully
>looks gorgeous
>best story
>best characters
>best dungeons
>best bosses
>music is good and blends perfectly with the environments
>>
>>383747697
Whatever you have to tell yourself since this obviously tanked so hard Nintendo realized the format is dead and had to go open world (which they did very well)
>>
>>383747426
Nobody gives a shit if you like something or not and nobody is going to fuck with you for that. What they WILL fuck with you for (and rightly so) is claiming that it is good. Same goes for anything, not just shitty games. But you didn't do that so it's okay
>>
>>383747426
Me too. Fuck you.
>>
>>383748590
>tanked

People still bought it.
>>
It suffers with the same issues that every Zelda game has since the GC (and MM had it somewhat as well). HORRIBLE. PACING. ISSUES. It has cool ideas but never fucking lets the player enjoy the shit along with terribly injected problems that have you scratching your head and going "What were they thinking?"

It's a shame-- I like WW, TP, and SS, but holy fuck I cannot replay them. They are so incredibly tedious and slow.
>>
File: 1497281753157.png (517KB, 530x492px) Image search: [Google]
1497281753157.png
517KB, 530x492px
This game was so good I couldn't bring myself to finish it.
Halfway through the game when I had done the first dungeon again as well as the AWESOME collectathon minigame required to unlock it I realized I didn't want such a masterful and innovative experience to end.
Nah, fuck this handholding on the rails piece of shit. After beating the first fight with the walking worm I had to take a break from it, and finding out I had to do it twice more made me drop it as well as all the other rehashed shit.
>>
>>383749108
The reason I like older zeldas is because cinematic and padding shit didnt hold up my enjoyment of it. Ocarina of Time obviously hit that sweet spot.
>>
>>383749218
Agreed. I think Minish Cap even falls prey to this problem. LoZ, AoL, LTTP, LA, OoT, and the Seasons games are all incredibly snappy with what little narrative they have and mostly just dump you into the world. OoT creeps that direction at first, but it quickly eases up enough to let you more or less do what you want. Imagine if Navi stopped you and actually made you run in a different direction towards the next area.
>>
>>383749424
the closest may be when shiek wont let you go back in time until you defeat the forest temple...or was it she does only after you get the hookshot...I forget...anyway, after thats gone, the game is open to you
>>
>>383749520
You have to beat a temple first, yeah. I'd argue the beginning of the game is worse since you have to clear the Deku Tree before leaving the forest. Most players are too engrossed by the changes in the world to even want to go back into child link form until they progress some. A strange design choice for sure.
>>
>>383749802
it worked. I thought it was weird that the sword was now a time traveling item, but I didnt really think about it after that. The game does well with the mechanic and I didnt see any problems with it.

Ocarina of Time does the whole open world/ structure right. It gives you some places to explore, but still gives you tighter experiences so you can have a better flow on things. I also like OoT's dungeons more than TP's. TP was a little too streamlined. Despite all that power, Nintendo really didnt do anything extravagant.
>>
>>383749979
The issues with TP are the loooooong sections between dungeons that serve no purpose, the empty overworld, and the missed opportunity to make combat more nuanced since you have all of the new moves. Some of the choices in game were just... I bet everyone got excited when they got the spinner, for example. We all know how that turned out.
>>
Metroid Prime 3 is my favorite Metroid game. Fight me.
>>
File: IMG_5312.jpg (378KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5312.jpg
378KB, 750x725px
You know this to be true:

3D:
OOT > MM > WW > BOTW > SS > TP

2.5D:
ST > ALBW > FSA > TFH

2D:
LA > TLoZ > ALttP > OoA > MC > OoS > AoL > FS
>>
>>383750858
You mean Phantom, not Fantom. Spirit Tracks was shit, and your 2D list has no consistency.
>>
>>383748825
Skyward Sword is a great game though, just not a great Zelda game.
>>
>>383748925
>Idiots still bought it.
>>
>>383748590
>had to go open world

Why the fuck do you think everyone was initially hyped as fuck for TP?
>>
>>383751724
Because it wasn't Celda and it was going back to being muh edgy Zelda?

It was only years later people appreciated WW and saw TP as a long, boring OoT wanna be.
>>
easily the worst 3D Zelda game I've played, I had to force myself through most of the game to finish it, and I regret doing it now
>>
>>383749114
You stopped playing a game because you had to replay the same 3 minute section of a game 3 times (even though the boss has different moves)? So you stopped playing because of 6 minutes of gameplay?...you're a fucking crybaby bitch. Kys
>>
>>383751269
TFH is triforce heroes. I left PH off the list because I haven't played it.
>>
>>383747426
No fuck you, I was one of those cucks that got got stuck with a black wiimote instead of a golden wiimote plus.
>>
>>383747426
When this first came out I loved it
Now when I go back to play it I can't stand it
>>
>>383750858
>OOT > MM
Fix that shit
>BotW > TP
I prefer TP, but that may just be because I forced myself through the last 50 or so shrines.
>FSA > anything else
no
>>
>>383755079
I'm sorry, I can hear you out on the other two, but Four Swords Adventures is most definitely better than Tri Force Heroes.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.