[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Final Fantasy fans prejudiced against XI and XIV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: Ffxi_fce_05l.jpg (31KB, 242x324px) Image search: [Google]
Ffxi_fce_05l.jpg
31KB, 242x324px
Why are Final Fantasy fans prejudiced against XI and XIV?
>>
fans of single player games dont tend to overlap a lot with MMO shit
>>
>>383744723
because MMOs are shit and it was one of the many retarded decisions squeenix made to make 2 mainline FFs into one.
>>
I would have played 11 and would play 14 if they didnt have the sub fee honestly
still wish they werent mmo's though but they are ok
>>
FFXI is a FF game which happens to be a MMO

FFXIV is a MMORPG with FF shit stuffed into it. absolute pedestrian garbage
>>
Final Fantasy is a JRPG series, and 11 and 14 aren't JRPG's.

It would be like if Resident Evil 6 was suddenly a cart racer for no reason after the series had been a horror/action series up to then
>>
>Pay each month

No thank you, enough with the stupid Plus
>>
I like XIV but as an MMO I don't let myself play it since it has a destructive influence.
Wish that there were a FF game with similar art design, graphics and music though.
>>
>>383745942
Yeah, this. This is the truth. FF11 is the most 'Final Fantasy' feeling game of the lot, really. Far moreso than 9's hollow cinematic attempt.

14 though, it's just refrences and namedrops slammed into a totally generic setting.
>>
MMORPGs require too much time investment to be fun.
>>
>>383745942
What the fuck is wrong with devs and MMOs these days. MMOs aren't supposed to be glorified chatrooms. Why can't we get more GvG, PvP oriented MMOs like Ragnarok and Guildwars1. If you make a competitive game with a high skill cieling you won't have to worry about draining your time and resources making pointless retarded raids and gear treadmills.
>>
>>383748004
I agree, that is the ONE thing i liked in Ragnarok, nobody liked grinding hill winds all day, but boy did i like WoE.
>>
>>383744723
Because they're mad that ffxi: chains of Promathia had the best FF story and cutscenes but they're not good or patient enough to do it themselves
>>
>>383745942
Pretty much this.
>>
ffxi is shit and ffxiv isnt though
>>
>>383750312
How can one person be so wrong?
>>
>>383744723
>Why are Final Fantasy fans prejudiced against XI and XIV?

Because when it comes to skill and dedication they suck ass.

Playing the single player game where you can see someone elses game via youtube and use it to play the pretentious card of, "I know final fantasy".

You couldn't really do that with FFXI which is why they went full anal with MMO versions. Also they are thin skinned.
>>
>>383748004
blame WoW for the current state of MMOs. even the 2d style action ones changed to implement WoW designed on them. it turned into an theme park shit show
>>
>monthly subscription
>time commitment
>grind fest
>fetch quests

One should hate every MMO.
>>
>>383751246
He's right though
>hurr muh 2 minute cds
>hurr muh immersive wait times
how's that stockholm syndrome treating you
>>
>>383753192
>wait times
Says the guy defending a game where you have to wait hours to enter an instanced dungeon just to proceed through the story, which you need to do to reach any of the other content.
>>
>>383752990
Is that what happened to Tree of Saviour? Or is it just Gooks never eveolving from grind based gameplay.
>>
>>383753561
>play dps
>queue for story mandatory dungeon
>pop after 5 to 15 minutes
There's no need to lie on the internet now
>>
>>383744723
11 was awesome but too hard to solo, then they managed to fuck up the parties as well.

14 is a fucking hallways, the game.

I've never been so bored in my life. I hated the fact I couldn't explore anything fucking thing with out queing with 3-7 assholes who already done the mission 30 times and were completely unable to let other enjoy the game.

That explorability in 11 was amazing, you always felt on edge entering an area like Xacabard.
>>
>>383745942
FFXI is the furthest thing from a FF game.
It's easy to tell without nostalgia in the way.
>>
>>383744723
Mom won't let them use the card to get a subscription.
>>
Both are ridden with fat man playing cat girls erping with each other
>>
File: playonline.jpg (19KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
playonline.jpg
19KB, 320x256px
For the same reason why people got upset when a FF game was released on xbox.
People just love to act like sissy little bitches for the stupidest reasons.
>>
>>383746151

I used to think this too, but coming from F2P MMO's P2P it's SO much better in the long run. Better playerbase and much less bullshit.
>>
>>383753813
FFXI is FFIII online in every possible way. Are you retarded?
>>
>>383754369
Yeah, that's true as long as you scratch out the label on the box and call it FFIII instead of looking at the actual FFIII.

It's also literally Nier:Automata!
>>
>>383754369
>they both have job systems so they're the same game
>>
Final Fantasy XI has a better story than all the other FF games.
>>
>>383753192
>how's that stockholm syndrome treating you
Nah, that would be the person trying to convince himself that XI sucked since he was never able to experience it in its prime
>>
>>383755107
>they both have job systems so they're the same game

Crystals
Jobs
Empires

I can keep going but your obviously a salty casuals that hates challenges.
>>
>>383756692
>Crystals
>Jobs
>Empires

I think you'll have to keep going because all you did was list things that have been in nearly every FF.
>>
>>383744723
Because they grew up with anime shit like VII, VIII and X. So the idea of an actual Final Fantasy game scares them.
>>383747136
>totally generic setting
Yeah, because shit like San d'Oria and Windurst totally weren't generic.
If XIV's world is considered 'generic', then XI is even more so, nostalgia-fag.
>>
>>383755274
Chains of Promathia has a better story than a lot of FF games.
The original story and RoZ are bare-bones garbage. ToAU and SoA are pretty good. WotG is complete nonsense.
>>
>>383756692
There is no empire in FF3. So that leaves crystals, which were in 1, 3, 4, 5, and 9, and the job system, which was in 1, 3, 5, Tactics, 10-2, 12, and 13.
Where are you getting the 3 comparison exactly? I don't understand.
>>
Sakaguchi Era FF > Crystal Chronicles > SquEnix era FF > FF MMOs > VII Compilashit > Mobileshit
>>
>>383744723
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>383757246

empire or nation same shit to me.

>>383756980
>all you did was list things that have been in nearly every FF

So that doesn't make it an FF game.
>>
>>383758446
Generic hume (human) female face for creation.
>>
>>383759792
>>So that doesn't make it an FF game.

You specifically compared it to III, though. What is supposed to make XI so much like III?
>>
File: 1497120996065.png (545KB, 1048x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1497120996065.png
545KB, 1048x1066px
>Balmung is having an anti-trump march in Kugane right now
>>
>>383744723
What are you talking about? Nearly every FFXIV player I've been friends with has played the "real" mainline games and likes them. Anyone who doesn't like 11 or 14 are essentially one of two catagories.

A giant faggot contrarian piece of shit who hates popular things.

Or someone who doesn't like mmorpgs. It's really simple.
>>
>>383760097
Hahaha what. Can you post screenshots?
>>
>>383759898

Hume girl for procreation.
>>
>>383744723
I don't think anyone's prejudiced against them because FF fan.

I think what twists people is that MMOs shouldn't be mainline games. They should be off to the side like chocobo dungeon or mystic quest.
>>
>>383744723
Fuck you 11 was the best
>>
>>383753192
>having crippling autism and ADHD that deludes you into thinking attacking faster is intrinsically better
>>
>>383744723
Because one is clickclickclicking forever and the other is just mashing the same 4-5 keys forever.
It gets tiresome and boring
>>
>>383761794
To be fair, that's pretty much the whole series in a nutshell.
>>
>>383761794

There's no clicking in FFXI nor mashing 4-5 keys, so clearly you haven't played XI and only know of the garbage that is 14
>>
>>383760860
He's fucking with you.
>>
>>383760051
>You specifically compared it to III

I didn't. You are must be confusing me with another anon.
>>
>>383762439

So if >>383754369 wasn't you, why are you defending the point?
>>
File: xiv pf.png (63KB, 612x342px) Image search: [Google]
xiv pf.png
63KB, 612x342px
XI is filled with autist and XIV is filled with disgusting erpers and feminist. That's why no one likes them
>>
>>383761794
>same 4-5 keys
On just about every job I played (FFXI), I had at least 20 macros, which is at least 12 keys by itself (ctrl+ 1-0, alt+1-0). Not counting the other hotkeys and movement. Also, a lot of times you had to type in commands depending on the situation too... like: /ma "Cure IV" <bt> , /ws "Shoulder Tackle" <t>
>>
One went from the perfect team based ff multiplayer experience to a boring grindfest (thanks wada).
The other went from being Boring Grindfest 2.0 feat stamina bar (thanks wada) to another themepark mmo.
Pick your poison, i already gave up on both.
>>
Because I don't like playing games with other people, especially if it's one where another's fuck-ups fuck me.

Unrelated one girl I know that thinks FFXIV is fantastic thought Lightning was a good character. Completely irrelevant and anecdotal but hey.
>>
>>383745942
>>383747136
>>383754369
Mad XI babies detected. How does it feel XIV is 10x more successful than your shitty beta MMO. Atleast XIV is pushing the series into a better direction and obtaining new fans for the series.
>>
>>383762637
It's gotten to the point I can believe this is unironic.
>>
>>383764859
I saw some faggot in Rhalgars the other day complaining that this game is shoving hetero sexuality in his face too much
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.