[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone like these games? Gameplay and story are mediocre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0860.jpg (336KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0860.jpg
336KB, 800x600px
Why does everyone like these games? Gameplay and story are mediocre
>>
ur mediocre
>>
File: ocelot.gif (996KB, 398x219px) Image search: [Google]
ocelot.gif
996KB, 398x219px
>>383740808
ur pretty good
>>
>>383740756
shut up faggot.
>>
>>383740756
I've never played one. Where should I start?
>>
>>383740808
>>383741232
>>383741352
no u these games are shit
>>
>>383741646

ur shit
>>
File: IMG_0862.jpg (43KB, 650x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0862.jpg
43KB, 650x609px
>>383741681
fucj u
>>
Weebs
>>
File: Nanamin.png (210KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
Nanamin.png
210KB, 335x335px
>>383740756
You have shit taste.
>>383741565
MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS Peace Walker (HD Collection version), MGSV.

You can play Revengeance after MGS4 and Portable Ops right before Peace Walker if you want, but Portable Ops has aged very poorly.

At any time, you can also play the original MSX Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 if you like, though they are hardly connected to the rest of the series by more than a few simple plot threads (despite whatever MGSV attempted to do). I wouldn't recommend them unless you're a retro game kind of guy and really want more Metal Gear and want to see "how it all began," as it were.
>>
File: CsgoFanBaseInANuTsHELL.jpg (144KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
CsgoFanBaseInANuTsHELL.jpg
144KB, 720x900px
>>383740756
Good games shit publishers.
>>
They're fun and have heart to them
>>
>>383742057
>you have shit taste
for not liking video games with meh gameplay and drawn out convoluted and occasionally pretentious stories?
>>
>>383740756
baby's first Tom Clancy novel
>>
>>383740808
faggot op btfo
>>
>>383740756
>Gameplay and story are mediocre

The stories aren't mediocre.
>>
File: 1486172846898.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1486172846898.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>383740756
>>
>>383741565
no matter what anybody tells you don't play V ever
massive waste of time complete garbo
>>
>>383742303
why did you have fun? I can understand liking the goofy characters and antics or the action or whatever but I just don't see other than that what's so appealing
>>
>>383742587
I don't see what's so appealing about you
>>
>>383741646
Shut the fuck up They're fun and the story is too. It's an interactive movie trilogy you fucking faggot. Go play Splinter Cell instead where it's basically objective A to B and where you're forced to do stealth, how fucking boring
>>
Plaything through them all for the first time now, my experience of the game before that was watching my sister play through them.

Having a lot of fun, I just started MGS4 and then i plan to do peace walker > MGS5, i can see why so many people love the series
>>
>>383742320
the gameplay is tightly-designed stealth-action hybrid. If you didn't like it, that's a matter of personal taste, but ti's always been one of the most fun game series to go replay for me.

The story in MGS1 is a spy flick, basically. MGS2 is a neat futuristic-present rollercoaster that turns into a high school psychology class at the end (that ended up being scarily correct in some ways). MGS3 is a return to the spy flick, but with even more camp and altogether probably the series' most carefully-sculpted narrative (besides MGS1, since that's so much simpler). MGS4 is a more experimental take on Snake as a figment of the older world, barely scraping out one last mission, set to bring an end to the series, and it does just that.

PW and V go off the deep end story-wise. That I will give you for free, but the series up to that point was just fine, even if people didn't like 4 that much (I thought it was a 7.5/10 ending to a 9/10 series).

Honestly none of it is more pretentious than your average Japanese product, and many games and anime are still good despite being somewhat stuck up their own ass, so that's really just a small hit in a spread of considerations that is much, much larger than "this game had a minor flaw and now I am mad about it."
>>
>>383741565
literally just start with 1. Playable on any device
>>
>>383742874
>It's an interactive movie trilogy
>trilogy

arent we forgetting some games?

:^)
>>
>>383742874
>go play splinter cell where it's point a to b
Just like mgs except no hour long cutscenes
>>383742778
no u
>>
>>383742926
is ur sister hot
>>
>>383742926
>Not playing the the Solid trilogy before 4
Fucking cunt
>>
>>383743334
I did play 1 2 and 3, i just started 4 been doing this over the last week
>>
What is fun about Metal Gear Solid games:

>Cool stories that take themselves pretty seriously despite their ridiculous concepts and ideas, which leads to a fun tone.
>very memorable characters
>art design, music, and overall polish is great

and then gameplay
>stealth is pretty fun, even though its relatively barebones until V comes around, which I think has the best gameplay
>each game has a ton of hidden shit and AI's that are just fun to mess around with and see how the game responds to your creative strategies
>very cool boss fights in each game (except V)
>>
Best story in gaming history with tight gameplay and amazing presentation.
>>
>>383744110
V would probably be pretty good if all the environments weren't so fucking boring
>>
>>383742953
Mgs 1 stealth is nothing amazing and neither is it's combat isn't either. It's really barebones and boss fights are mostly spectacle. It's simple and might be my favorite of the bunch. Haven't played 2 in a while but I remember it being up its ass and the 2deep4u meta ending it was going for. 3 actually had something interesting going on with its camouflage and laying on the ground and listening to enemies. It's funny how you mention 4 because it's the worst and deserves a 5/10 on its best possible day. It's such a bloated brown mess with the longest cutscenes and with the most boring characters have been and the most boring level design (i.e. putting a bunch of guys in a firefight on one side so I have to sneak down some linear path)out of the ones I've played. I mentioned story because everyone constantly jerk mgs and kojima off but I'm just not seeing what's so impressive
>>
One of the very few series I know that can combine camp with drama effectively. Also, listening to Quiet's Theme and Calling to the Night helps me fall asleep.
>>
>>383744293
The core gameplay loop of V imo is the best gameplay of the series.

But the story, environments, and pretty much everything else is just sort of bland. If you put MGSV's gameplay, as in it's controls, weapons, abilities, enemy AI etc etc, into any of the other 4 games, woo boy you'd have an 11/10 game there.
>>
u forget the best sonny
>>
>>383741565
>>383742057
I actually started with Metal Gear and Metal gear 2 : solid snake for MSX2. They are pretty fun actually.
>>
>>383742587
>why did you have fun? I can understand liking the goofy characters and antics or the action or whatever but I just don't see other than that what's so appealing

There's not really any other military/espionage fantasy games out there.
>>
>>383742874
>where you're forced to do stealth, how fucking boring
t. DSP
>>
>>383742543
You're fucking retarded if you think he's really going to play every one except V, the only real reason you faggots pretend to hate it is because its new.
>>
>>383744964
>the only real reason you faggots pretend to hate it is because its new.

what a stupid fucking post
>>
>>383744964
>no u fuckers don't like it's exclusively because it's new!!!!! it's definitely a good game!!!!!
>>
>only Metal Gear to resembler a GAME
>/v/, the "bastion of gaming" hates it because it isn't a movie
even neogaf is better than this shithole
>>
>>383745387
What?
>>
>>383745387
Autistic people don't like change, i mean look at MonHun world for newer example.
>>
>>383744760
Hit the nail on the head.
Aside from the gameplay MGS is the only stealth game franchise that doesn't take itself too seriously and is good at knowing when to actually be serious.
Its basically like a campy action movie.
>>
>>383740756

mgs1 has the trash backtracing
mgs2 has the trash protagonist
msg3 has the trash control scheme "can't crouch walk" and "menu trash navigation to heal and change your outfit simulator"
mgs4 has the trash cutscenes
mgs5 is pretty good
mgsV is a fucking meme open world ubisoft trashbin where you just click on people to instantly down them lmao
>>
>>383741565

play metal gear 2: Solid Snake

literally only good game in the series, after that kojambles became a pretentious fuck
>>
>>383746634
>mgs5 is pretty good
>mgsV is a fucking meme open world ubisoft trashbin where you just click on people to instantly down them lmao
wha?
>>
>>383746634
I agree, mgs5 was sick but mgsV fucking blew
>>
>>383746634

ur trash
>>
>>383740756
MGS1 had amazing atmosphere. That's what started it.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.