[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nemesis System

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 2740365-nemesis_system.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
2740365-nemesis_system.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
With the new Shadow of War coming soon, how would you make use of your own nemesis system in a different game?

I think AssCreed would benefit the most from it, giving you procedurally generated targets and shit. Also, stuff like M&B Warband could become even deeper.
>>
GTA

You're welcome.
>>
>>383723367
What if we improved upon Mafia III's crime boss mechanic, fuse it with the nemesis system and cram it into GTA 6.
>>
>>383722586

I would kill for the nemesis system in a original cape game.
>>
>>383722586
>press space to be immortal
great game
>>
>>383724442
The new XCOM 2 DLC does away with the immortality thing while retaining some of the awesome nemesis system stuff.
>>
>>383724442
i know what you mean but its still decent after a little while you start riding around on caragors and branding orks for fun
>>
>>383725052
not really
it's the most pointless game i've ever played, in the most literal definition of the word
everything you do in the game has no meaning, and the nemesis system itself has no depth
>>
>>383725239
every game is pointless?
>>
File: chosen.png (935KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chosen.png
935KB, 1280x720px
>>383722586
>>
>>383722586
The nemesis system is shit.

>never die in the entire game
>game picks a random orc that comes back without explanation even though you chop his head off in regular basis
>still have to face him during the horrible and anticlimactic endgame
>>
>>383725340
dumb reply
shadow of mordor is pointless because if you kill captains you'll just get more, forever
if you brand them, then you stop captains from coming but your captains cannot infight each other
so after branding everybody you see how completely barren the game actually is
>>
>>383725239
i liked the game. fight me.
>>
>>383725742
I wont argue for a shit game you liked.
You just like the shallowness of it.
>>
>>383725742
good for you
plenty of people like AAA shovelware like this
>>
>>383722586
Actually it's a action RPG now. The AssCreed climbing and parkouring/stealthing and BamHam combat is still there but no more shitty runes it's now typical items, there's probably going to be a friendly hub to buy shit, as well as shit that drops on humans, and now you can legit be friends with orc allies instead of brainwashing them.
>>
>>383724045
They have something like that in Shadow of War. Basically if you're not forging friendships with your captains/chiefs/Overlords, they CAN and probably WILL betray you to return to their dark lord.

So yes that is a thing.
>>
>>383725661
>so after branding everybody you see how completely barren the game actually is
>after finishing all the content you realize you've finished all the content
>>
>>383722586
In a space western or a space crusade setting the nemesis system would be great
>>
>>383726406
the game doesn't consider that the content to finish
it considers the collect-a-thon bullshit to be 100%ing
>>
>>383726406
>do the same thing over and over
>not shallow
>>
File: 600px-Orks_attack3.jpg (80KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Orks_attack3.jpg
80KB, 600x424px
>>383722586
Same system, different orcs
GOTYAY
>>
>>383726406
You can get every single orc captain under your control in a couple hours.
I don't think the game is all that bad, but the nemesis system was seriously underwhelming imo.
>>
>>383726494
>collect-a-thon
You mean the survival challenges, thats if you want to fully 100% it, there's still the legit content of side missions to make your weapons look nicer, or the dlcs like Torvin's Hunt or Bright Lord.

Then the Nemesis Forge to get your Ally/Nemesis in order if you're planning on grabbing Shadow of War soon.
>>
>>383726924
yeah, the boring collect a thon shit
>or the dlcs like Torvin's Hunt or Bright Lord.
the only actual content, but even then they just took the same worlds and made slight changes
the bright lord is probably the only potentially good part of shadow of mordor since you get branding right away and all the captains are pretty powerful from the get go, but it still eventually falls into the same pitfalls the main game does
>Then the Nemesis Forge to get your Ally/Nemesis in order if you're planning on grabbing Shadow of War soon.
best preorder that shadow of war goy
>>
File: 1499893637346 2.png (193KB, 395x326px) Image search: [Google]
1499893637346 2.png
193KB, 395x326px
>>383722586
>want to make a M&B clone with a Nemesis system
>realize it would take a million years to complete
one of you guys do it
>>
>>383727151
>best preorder that shadow of war goy
>A free DLC for owners of Shadow of Mordor that want to bring favorite orcs to the next game? JEWS I SAY!
>>
File: Sleepy Kitty.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepy Kitty.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>>383727574
Fuck that noise, I just woke up from a short nap to grab food and found out my cat shat on the stairs again.

Bother somebody else about it.
>>
>>383723367
I feel like Red Dead Redemption 2 could make it work better. Have you run afoul of gang ringleaders who then grow more notorious and powerful until you end up having to storm a fort just to get at them.
>>
File: Totally not viral.png (190KB, 1486x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Totally not viral.png
190KB, 1486x1043px
>>383727718
He's saying you're a marketer, and that's why you've been making these threads and defending this shit game.

Remeber pic related? Of course not, you weren't here then.
>>
>>383722586
I wouldn't. The nemesis system is a 4/10 idea created to give the devs and game reviewers something to talk about during interviews/videos.
>>
>>383728354
>Someone enjoys something
>Get's accused of being a shill

Hey I'm sorry you're friend has high octane autism, but some folks actually enjoyed this game, and while I respect your friend's opinion, I don't much like him telling the people that enjoyed it that HE though it was garbage, what is it gonna accomplish. All he's really saying is that the game sucks no questions asked.
>>
>>383725239
You're not wrong. Like, the nemesis system adds some flavor to the mooks you're fighting but SoM didn't really do anything meaningful with the system. The only two times it ever actually does anything is the battle to get to The Tower and the DLC battle against Sauron but there still wasn't a especially a lot of involvement there other than them showing up and fighting along side you. It was a real shame because there was fun to be had in picking out the orcs you liked and grooming them to be warchiefs through various means but the fact that once you got them there, there was fuck-all to do with them really took the wind out of those sails.

That's why I'm excited for Shadow of War though. The emphasis on having actual full-scale sieges against the different fortresses actually gives you something to do with the orcs you've been meticulously grooming and opens more opportunities for interaction with the system. In the end, it's still probably going to end the same way with the best of the best orcs you raised joining you for a final assault at the end but at least there will be more instances of the system coming into play.

It's also cool that they added the update to let you bring your favorite orc and your greatest nemesis into SoW but it's a bit of a shame that it's only one of each.

My only real hopes for SoW that haven't really been addressed yet are A. QoL improvements like allowing you to issue orders to followers from a menu instead of constantly having to track the fuckers down first, B. more visual physical traits that can be randomly generated (after a while, you started to recognize patterns and orcs started looking the same outside of their helmet and armor) and C. ways that you could encourage nemesis and follower orcs to develop specific traits depending on what happens to them, like an orc who keeps getting set on fire could develop an immunity to it if he always won despite it or a fear of fire if he always lost and ran away.
>>
File: shake.gif (612KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
shake.gif
612KB, 512x512px
>>383725469
>tfw think that War of the Chosen is 30
>hyped as fuck
>it's actually 40
>>
>>383722586
i feel like a superhero sandbox could benefit from a similar system.
it starts with you stopping some petty criminal and then they find some high tech weaponry/get superpowers/ some other bullshit and try to take you out while gathering followers and becoming more of a threat.
>>
>>383729254
that sounds pretty neat.
>>
>>383725616
Which reminds me, I beat the game a few days ago and when I was fighting the 5 talons, I turn around and my boy Prak is slamming one of their heads into the ground repeatedly.
Pic related
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.