[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9S is the real main character. Deal with it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

9S is the real main character. Deal with it.
>>
>>383722234
This, fuck off waifu fags. Papa Nier and 9S are in the house
>>
I think anyone who's played the game knows this.
>>
File: Ending D.gif (2MB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
Ending D.gif
2MB, 245x170px
There's 3 main characters in this game and while he's by far the most important one, the game only truly shines thanks to his and 2B's affections to each other.
>>
Who cares
The plot was meh anyway.
How do we go from Nier amazing plot twists to Automata "humanity is already dead and machines already won the war"?
>>
Anyone who actually played the game won't argue about this.
>>
>>383722234
Doesn't mean he's a good character. Deal with it.
>>
>>383722234
Good, the absolute madman is probably my favorite character out of either NieR game anyway.
>>
>>383722640
Taro should have adapted one of his other works instead.
>>
>>383722598
2B does nothing
>>
>>383722640
>humanity is already dead
That's not even a twist, this was obvious by the results of a first game.
>machines already won the war
Plain untrue, they decided to never win.
>>
>>383722640

Those weren't the real tweests. The games real one was 2E, which is just the worst.

The game was a real let down.
>>
>>383722640
I only played the two games fairly recently, but I didn't think NieR's story was that good. It was good, but the actual plot wasn't anything special beyond some nice twists. The world was interesting too. I'd probably say I preferred Automata's story on the whole, the "twists" weren't very impactful, but the only that even felt like it was supposed to be impactful was 2B being 2E. It wasn't relying on twists to make everything leading up to that point seem worthwhile and it didn't need to.
>>
>>383722919
Of course, she is just a weak girl trapped in hopeless situation.
Doesn't make her any less of a main character.
>>
>>383723075

I think the revelation that Kaine understood shadowspeak, and knew what they were doing yet didn't speak up hit harder than anything in Automata. That and it wasn't literally told to us by dialouge, it was just hinted.

The whole 2E's been killing you the whole time is pretty weak, and feels like an asspull.
>>
>>383723620
>and feels like an asspull
Congratulations on missing an entire shitload of hints thrown around the entire game.
Not like i expected anything else from someone who judges about the value of the story only by the twists.
>>
Literally what lost the sale for me. I don't want to play some effeminate fuck boy I want to play 2bs ass
>>
>>383723075
Nigga you crazy.
Nier plot and twists are way better than what we got in Automata.
You probably got spoiled because playing the game.
Who would expect Shadows to actually be whats left of humanity? Who would expect Popola and Devola betrayal? Who would expect Nier's world to be the result of Caim and Angelus coming from another dimension/time? Who would expect Kainé to have a dick?
Only way to not be surprised by these twists are if you got spoiled before or never played previous games.
>>
>>383723620
That was a good revelation, but it didn't blow my mind or anything. I also thought Tyrann was a bit over the top in his evilness, and even the moments towards the end where he sympathizes with Kainé didn't help to change that. 2B being 2E wasn't great, though again I think Automata doesn't rely on twists to be engaging and it doesn't need to, but the only reason that twist didn't work in my opinion was how little of the actual background between 2B and 9S was actually in the game, which was my biggest problem with the whole game. It's such a major element of the story and so much of it is just in side content like the plays and novels. I feel like if there was a novel segment when 9S awoke after 2B died, and there relationship was expanded on a little there, it would have added a lot to the game. As it is, the only times we see 2B kill 9S are times that aren't related to her killing him because he found out too much about YoRHa, which makes the reveal fall kind of flat.
>>
>>383723737
>Congratulations on missing a bunch of shitty voice acting

oops my bad - also I noticed them, I just didn't care about 2B at all
>>
No one doubts that, stop trying to be contrarian.
>>
>>383724047
>Nier plot and twists are way better than what we got in Automata.
Automata is way more thematically consistent and well-written than original Nier and gets a shitload of bonus points for actually having its true ending inside the actual game instead of side materials. It just has a completely different way of storytelling that relies less on sudden twists and more on gradually establishing and building up its main themes then launching the game straight on Yoko Taro's wild ride with route C.
>>
I don't think anyone denies he's the main character, which is also why people got pissed. If 9S was marketed as the main protagonist and plastered everywhere instead of 2B this game would not have sold as much as it did.
>>
>>383722234
i want to fuck 9S in his tight little asshole while he is dressed like a maid and calls me master
>>
>>383722234
Which is a shame, he really wasnt nearly as fun to play. My biggest complaint is having to play that kid
>>
>>383724270

>commander finds outages been digging around
>just tells him everyone.

oh ok
>>
>>383724492

He was the most fun to play if you weren't shit. 2B and A2 were just stupidly OP.
>>
>>383724386
Well it's your personal problem.
>>
>>383722234
I did deal with it, by not enjoying the game. I hated his character and he ruined the whole game for me.
>>
>>383724047
Don't get me wrong, the twists in the original NieR were far better than the twists in Automata. I also wasn't spoiled at all on the original NieR, whereas I knew that 2B died before I played Automata. My point is, that while I think the original NieR is memorable because of it's great revelations, Automata is great despite it's lack of great revelations. Even though a great twist like the one with Popola and Devola can add a lot to the story, so can just having an engaging character like 9S coming to lose his mind. They're both great stories, and while I prefer Automata's I'm not putting down the original NieR's, it was just less to my tastes.
>>
>>383724420
>Automata is way more thematically consistent and well-written than original Nier

Thanks for making it obvious I'm wasting my time replying.
>>
>>383724571
>2B and A2 were just stupidly OP.
9S is way more retarded than 2B gameplay-wise and only surpassed by b-mode A2.
When game gives you control over 2B again in route C her lack of a spear throw or large sword moveset with bigger range really feels like a major gimp compared to him.
>>
>>383724723
Well feel free to crawl back into your contrarian shithole anytime.
>>
File: 1494898124487.png (184KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494898124487.png
184KB, 1000x750px
>>383724520
Yeah, I still don't know what that was about. I'm sure it's yet another thing that's explained in a novel or something, which pisses me off, but it is what it is.
>>
>>383724719
Well yeah I enjoyed Automata a lot too. Hell I would still be playing it wasnt for the port running like shit on PC.
I'm just sad that Automata best part was the gameplay and everything else wasnt as good as first Nier.

Honestly if they had remade first Nier with Platinum combat system I would have liked more.
>>
This game had really good English voice acting!
>SHUT UP!
>>
ywn fug 9s
>>
>>383724902
>Adam and Eve are considered to be the major hubs of machine network, androids think that if they are gone, machines will be an easy prey they will just wipe out and finish the war
>everyone in the Bunker at the end of A/B is already expecting the victory and behaving straight humanlike, not even trying to conceal their emotions anymore
>Commander shows care for 2B and 9S personally on multiple occasions and 6O says that she skips maintenance checks and that her room is a complete mess which is an obvious signs of depression
>by the end of A/B she's clearly fed up with ordering to kill the most advanced unit in his bunker so she decides to give him the info openly because it becomes clear that what keeps him running is not grand ideals about humanity but his love to 2B
>>
>>383724047
The issue with Nier is that the more mind boggling twists are left to lean on side material. You know shades are people, but you don't know what exactly that means or why things are that way just from the game. There is no way at all to know that Nier is the result of a Drakengard ending just from the information provided in the game. You're left to wonder about it, but you aren't told Kaine is a hermaphrodite in the game.

I don't think it's bad that some of this stuff wasn't in the game, Nier's story is very personal and these details don't matter to him as a person, but still. Nier relies on twists to turn a fairly generic premise on its head. I think Automata was weaker than Nier in a few ways, but the premise is more interesting from the beginning, it doesn't need to rely on a huge twist to change everything you know about the story.
>>
>Narrative/characters
NieR

Enemies
NieR

>OST
Tie

>Gameplay
Automata

>Game world
Automata

>Side quests
Automata

Cheers lads
>>
File: 1499337806880.png (1MB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499337806880.png
1MB, 600x800px
I unironicly enjoyed 9s, both his english voice and story. The guy did a good job voicing him
>>
>>383726305
I think english VA makes him too nerdy as opposed to calm and cheerful 9S from the japanese dub. He's not a nerd, he's a people's person who got enough popularity around the Bunker to earn his own nickname, just extremely smart and cunning as well.
>>
>>383726613
He comes across as a huge nerd in the novellas.
>>
>>383725345
That's a reasonable to look at it, but she's just given 9S this huge, life changing secret to hang over his head, and it obviously is distressing to him because he show in Route C/D that he's extremely upset by the information that humanity is gone. On top of that, what if he tells 2B, which the Commander, knowing how much he cares about her, would be left to assume he would? She would have no choice but to kill him, assuming the Commander didn't inform her of all of this, but if she had done then she would have probably also told 9S that she told 2B, so he wouldn't have to worry about breaking the news to her.
>>
>>383726704
Not really. Memory Thorn makes a huge emphasis at him being extremely social and able to read other people like open books, as well as conceal all manners of bullshit behind smiles. He leaves such an impression on poor girl she abandons all thoughts about suicide and pretty much lives only for a vague hope to be together.

I think the only novel where he does something nerdy is Bunker Observation Diary where he improves his hacking patterns, but this really doesn't make him an actual nerd.
>>
>>383726818
If she didn't gave him the secret, it would gnaw him for the entirety of final mission, potentially lowering his performance and he's the key unit to success. Commander knows him well, she knows he has doubts about her and project YoRHa in general, so she decided to go the other way.

2B doesn't kill him by her own free will, she gets execution orders (shown in novels), and there was no order this time, meaning Commander was ready that he will reveal the truth to 2B and eventually to the entire world because by that time the war would be over, there would be no reason to maintain a fake of humanity's presence on Moon to boost the morale of troops.

In some way, Commander gave him the right to decide the future.
>>
>>383727114
Not sure why you think these are mutually exclusive.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.