[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That one thing that ruins a great game. Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 49

File: BloodVial.png (167KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
BloodVial.png
167KB, 410x410px
That one thing that ruins a great game.

Pic related
>>
>>383718503
They do kind of ruin early game pacing before you can buy a shitload of them if you die to the first bosses.
>>
What's that smell?
>>
>>383719118
Blood.
>>
Mmmmm...
Always see these people complaining they had to farm bloodvials while I myself never did.

Now that I think about it, it actually makes it all the better because it punishes trash players like OP
>>
That and chalice dungeons, arguably no "resting" at lanterns to respawn enemies as well. I was thinking of ways to improve the blood vial system, I think it would have been cool to just make it refill like in DaS, and maybe just imply you get your blood from specific strains, so instead of having 20 reg blood vials, and carrying one from an NPC that gives you ONE bonus ONCE, you could align yourself with different npcs and they would become who you get your vials from, giving you small passive buffs on all of your vials depending on who you picked. For instance, if you picked adella, you would receive maybe a weaker version of her current buff, and she would be the "blood doll" that gave you your blood between respawns, she could of course be switched out for any of the other npcs that give you unique blood vials.
>>
Just don't be overtly shit and you'll be fine, blood echo scaling is retarded anyway so the cost barely matters.
>>
File: cbc8864b0e329dcf09bab1bad6e239e4.jpg (69KB, 1000x1157px) Image search: [Google]
cbc8864b0e329dcf09bab1bad6e239e4.jpg
69KB, 1000x1157px
Worst boss
>>
>>383720343
that's not micolash
>>
>>383720343
Fuk u rom a cute
>>
>>383720595
Micolash is piss easy though
>>
How do health potions ruin a game?
>>
Didn't really need to farm for these too much. Early game i probably only spent about 20mins all in all farming those two big guys before the elevator near the first lamp on my first playthrough. the hp regain system negates the so called flaw of the blood vial system that everyone here loves to criticize. Just git gud man
>>
>>383720705
This is true, but he's still the worst boss.
>>
>>383720795
>never fought yharnam
>>
>>383720709
It's hard to manage them right.
If you buy too many you'll have to use a lot more since you can't level up as much and will thus take more damage. If you don't buy any and just save points for levelling then there will be a point where you have to farm them.
>>
>>383720595
Micolash is the type of boss that's a breathe of fresh air compared to the rest of the human bosses even if the actual fighting part was roughly the same. I wish they'd gone further with the mirror teleporting for maximum fun.
>>
>>383720968
So the bloodvials only ruin the game for idiots who can't balance their spending.
>>
>>383718503
>dude imagine Dark Souls except spamming the attack button is the right strat in %95 of situations
Bloodborne is pretty overrated.
>>
>>383721042
Yes, but that's exactly the thing. In your first playthrough you are an idiot, since you have no clue how much to spent on what. Unless of course you are a massive faggot that already watched 10 let's plays along with studying the entire wiki.
>>
>>383718503
Blood vials aren't an issue, my main problem with the game is it doesn't spoonfeed me the lore with boss souls, I'm an autistic lore fag but I find a lot of bloodbornes confusing, and not knowing fuck all about the shadows of yarnham or amygdala pisses me off
>>
>>383718503

Seriously, it's Bloodborne's one flaw.

>Have 20 of them
>Half the bosses are now piss easy
>Run out of them
>Lol good luck farming them fuccboi

Dark Souls is the only game that did recovery right. Estus is too scarce in 2, too abundant in 3, and bringing back consumable-only health drops in BB was a mistake.
>>
>>383721172
Or you're not a complete retard.
>>
>>383720705
He was hard, rom was easy
>>
>>383718503
>i had to farm blood vials because i am bad at the game and died a lot
>>
>>383721208
Estus was useless in 2. If you were using Estus and not Lifegems, you're the real idiot.
>>
>>383721172
>Unless of course you are a massive faggot that already watched 10 let's plays along with studying the entire wiki.
Or you're able to see that your levelling currency is also your item currency and you think to yourself "maybe i can spend some here and some there."
>>
File: [Laughter stops].jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughter stops].jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>never use more than 5-10 vials per boss
>people end up having to farm them for hours
How hard is it to judge how well a fight is going? If you're making progress sure, take a vial. If you're sucking, don't just spam it in hopes of winning. Jesus.
>>
>>383721172
I did my first playthrough blind but I'm a huge soulsfag so bloodvials weren't an issue for me, I did a lot of chalices though and felt like grinding chalices to level up was cheap so I spent my chalice souls on vials/bullets
>>
>>383719118
MANFLESH
>>
>>383721302
Seriously though, even at low level if I ran out or chalices I could run around from central yarnham to cleric beast and down that elevator and most enemies dropped at least one, and some 4
Later in game you can just kill shit on the way to shadows of yarnham and get a dick load too
>>
>>383721302
If only there was some sort of self-replenishing system of limited healing items rather than spammable items that have to be farmed afterwards. That'd really make FromSoft's games much better.
>>
>>383721172
>i sure do need to heal a lot
>maybe i should spend some blood echoes on these vials that are for sale
It really isn't much more complicated than that.
>>
>>383718503
Specific sound effects which are way to loud, and makes you grow a reflex to mute the speakers before they play.

Like those fucking chains and the battle starting noise in Persona 5.
>>
>>383720343
Rom was the last boss I killed before I stopped playing
>>
>>383721583
Why is resource management so difficult for younger gamers?
>>
>>383719118
vaginal discharge
>>
>>383721583
>>383721223
>>383721296
I'm not complaining, just explaining (I am not OP).
>>
>>383721728
Dude that's like the worst spot to stop playing, it gets better from there
>>
>>383721816
And we are explaining the bullshit logic you employed.
>>
I don't get it. How do you guys not just go back to first level to get blood vials. Tey always have them and they are one shot kills for me. Easy pickings.

Unless this is some new game + meme I don't know about.
>>
>>383718503
>People complaining about blood vials
Top scrub
The thing that was a hassle was those chalice dungeons.
>>
>>383721537
>healing item that drops often from regular trash mobs
>you can buy them at the store and have a near infinite supply
>damage isnt even immediate allowing you to regain lost health making blood vials a last resort option
If you spam blood vials, it's because you are not very good at the game.
>>
>>383721913
>How do you guys not just go back to first level to get blood vials.
I just buy them.
>>
>>383721954
Point is that it's fucking retarded compared to the Estus system smart guy.
You know you're allowed to admit there's flaws in games you like right?
>>
>>383721859
Your arguments are "Don't be a retard".
People are retarded, that is fact and it is said retarded people that complain.
>>
>>383718503
Only annoying if you get stuck on a boss.
>>
>>383722072
>it is said retarded people that complain
What?
>Your arguments are "Don't be a retard".
Yes. If you're defending being retarded, then you shouldn't tell people they're wrong to call you retarded.
>>
>>383722217
>If you're defending being retarded
Not doing that, again, I just explained why people are having so much trouble with that shit. Stop trying so hard to turn this in some argument.
Also the "said" part refers to what has been said before, this is basic English grammar, look it up.
>>
>>383722419
>Stop trying so hard to turn this in some argument.
You placed an idea and we replied. I don't know what you think an argument is if you think you aren't keeping one going by doing this. If you don't want to argue, don't reply with retarded bullshit logic.
>>
>>383722072
Games and media in general should not cater to the mentally disabled. It encourages decline in society. People should strive to better themselves and not expect the world to lower itself to their level to make them feel good about their shortcomings. If you are too dumb for something, grow a brain or accept that you are too retarded for basic problem solving and a failed concoction of genetics.
>>
Difficulty spikes
>>
>>383721302
Its idiots who never buy any. They spend all their blood echoes on stupid shit and never invest into a supply of blood vials, and then go WOW I HAVE TO GET MORE NOW?!

Just pop a coldblood in the dream and buy like 20-60 at a time, its super easy.
>>
>>383722039
But its not really a problem unless you mismanaged them and then you get punished for it. Sorry you can't figure that out and you want everything to be casualized.

I mean for fucks sake you can have 20 of them and any you pick up go to a stash, and you still bitch? How bad did you fuck up honestly? I only needed to farm one time because on the way to every boss I lost to I would pick up at least 8.
>>
>>383722814
this, buy vials every time you have extra echoes and you will never run out. The people bitching about it are shitters that level up too frequently and probably go back to grind for echoes when they're remotely close to being able to level.
>>
>>383722579
I simply stated that people have a hard time managing vials because they either buy too many and become underlevelled or don't buy enough resulting in the need for farming.
How is this bullshit logic?
The only thing bullshit was that you think "don't be a retard" is a valid argument.
>>
File: Unholy Seaborne Sausage.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Unholy Seaborne Sausage.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
Best ending
>>
>>383723280
>How is this bullshit logic?
It's bullshit logic to think that people don't see that they both come from the same pool and to think they don't immediately figure out that they can just balance their spending. You seem to be stuck on the single post telling you to not be a retard, maybe you should take your own advice and not try so hard to argue.
>>
>>383719587

>I can work around a shitty mechanic that's already been fixed in previous games

Wow anon, you're so hardcore. Tell us more.
>>
>>383723527
I'm saying there are people that have trouble with balancing their spending.
You are saying this is wrong. In other words, there is a different reason other than the one I stated for people complaining about the vials AND no people exist that have trouble with balancing their spending.
>>
>>383723615
You are the only idiot here, I'm afraid. You probably take a vial after every hit, ignoring entirely the recovery mechanics that make this game so easy to breeze through.
>>
>>383723781
>I'm saying there are people that have trouble with balancing their spending.
Nobody is confused about what you're saying. Telling me you said it doesn't keep it from being stupid.
>>
File: 95559154_n7LGS1V.png (368KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
95559154_n7LGS1V.png
368KB, 636x476px
>>
>>383718503
I wish you didn't have to go back to the dream to replenish your shit and respawn the enemies.
>>
>>383723847
Nice dodging the actual argument I placed after it.
Guess I'll have to repeat myself once more because clearly you're incompetent. I say people exist that have trouble for the reasons I stated. You say this is wrong, with this you imply that there is not a single person that has trouble for the reasons I stated. Along with this there must be a different reason to why people complain. I want you to state this reason or proof that retarded people don't exist. That is what is going on here, basic fucking logic.
>>
>>383721302
BSB and Amelia have a lot of damage where its hard to consistenly avoid it.
>>
>>383720709
>>383721042
Bloodvials ruined the game if you managed them well or not. If you sucked they were a pain to get and if you were good, they were too fucking good.
Health potions are usually balanced by how hard it is to find time to use them. Blood vial use time was like half the time to take a chug of estus. It was way too easy to just spam heal.
They should have made vials slower and instead focused more on the stealing your health back after you take damage mechanic.
>>
>>383723904
this was the best part about ttyd, kys
>>
>>383724165
>Nice dodging the actual argument I placed after it.
Nobody's dodging it, I've been replying to the single thing you keep repeating for a while now.
>Guess I'll have to repeat myself once more
Maybe it'll be right this time, and not retarded. It won't.
>>
>>383718503
There's the rally system for a reason you nigger, you're supposed to trade hits with enemies without always resorting to Blood Vials
>>
>>383723795

Nice assumptions dipshit, but you're absolutely braindead if you don't know understand how blood vials are a complete downgrade from estus. And stop speaking like a complete faggot, you're not going to get any upvotes here for acting aloof and enlightened.
>>
>>383721924
>complains that there is too much healing
>scrub
???
>>
>>383724320
Then why do you keep replying to the first sentence?
Proof this wrong:
I say people exist that have trouble for the reasons I stated. You say this is wrong, with this you imply that there is not a single person that has trouble for the reasons I stated. Along with this there must be a different reason to why people complain. I want you to state this reason or proof that retarded people don't exist.
That's all, but apparently you enjoy replying to a small sentence more because you know you can't fucking disprove that shit.
>>
Do any other games besides soulsborne have a mechanic similiar to the rally system, as in the damage you toke can be restored by attacking an enemy until you restore all of your damaged health within a certain amount of time.
>>
>>383724620
lots of action games do this, of the top of my head Toukiden.
>>
>>383721208
but DS1 had the most estus with 20?
>>
>>383723904
I used to think that too, but going back I enjoyed it a lot.
The Excess Express however belongs in a bin, along with Boggly Woods.
>>
That's what ruined Demons Souls for me. You can just endlessly munch on grass to cheese the game.
>>
>>383724496
Not him but you shouldn't ever run out of vials outside of the the first hours and that's only if you really suck.
>broken
It's not broken, it's there to prevent you from mindlessly throwing yourself into the same situations over and over without reprieve. Finite vials means eventually you gotta go do something else if you're consistently failing.
>>
>>383718503
I liked them because they made you take each encounter a little bit more seriously knowing your heals were static. In estus games you can just dumbfuck through knowing you have unlimited heals.
>>
>>383718503
booze ruins a game?
>>
>>383720343
Cleric Beast is worst. Shit set up for the camera and hitboxes make no sense.

Rom is easy. You have infinite room, you just focus on the smaller spiders then lay in on Rom while dodging the magic.
>>
>>383727163
You don't have unlimited room against Rom, the room is about the size of the larger circular boss rooms in the Chalice Dungeons. It just has invisible walls.

Cleric Beast has a shit camera, but I've never had any issue with its hitboxes.
>>
There are niggas in this plane of existence that unironically think the estus system is better.
Must suck that you can just run past everything while sipping on sunny d
>>
>>383718503
how does it ruin the game?
>>
>>383727445
You read the thread
>>
>>383726635
If people are dumb enough to mindlessly throw themselves at the same thing over and over with no change to strategy or mindset they don't deserve to be coddled. They should be left to their own devices to either overcome their own stupidity or get brick walled and never continue the game.
>>
>>383727445
Some babies are grumpy that they can't faceroll BB
>>
>>383719587
seriously, by the end of my first playthrough I had over 300 vials and 500 bullets.
>>
File: pussydestroyer.png (431KB, 556x644px) Image search: [Google]
pussydestroyer.png
431KB, 556x644px
>stuck on hard boss and used up all my bloodvials
>get old save from the cloud so I don't have to grind again

Cmon guys
>>
>>383727578
>they don't deserve to be coddled
The game is telling you "dude, fuck off and go do something else." I'm not sure how you can misconstrue that as "coddling"
>>
File: cancer.jpg (135KB, 808x240px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
135KB, 808x240px
>>383718503
>>
I only got low on these a couple of times after some early bosses that I struggled with. It really doesn't take that long to farm 100 of them, and is completely negligible in NG+ once you have like 50k blood echoes left over after leveling. If you knew how to rally you never needed that many to begin with and my only real complaint is you never got punished for using them like with an estus flask.

I think capping them at 10 and making them an auto-refill like estus would have been a reasonable trade off, I guess.
>>
>>383727397
Blood Vials start at a capacity of 20. The first area in the game has very weak enemies in copious supply that regularly drop them. Blood Vials are pretty much just as good as Estus until late game.

Estus capacity starts at 5 (DS1), 1 (DS2), and 3 (DS3). The most you can EVER have is 20, and that's in DS1 after you kindle. Unless you're experienced enough to know exactly how to do this, you likely won't kindle this high until very late game, and that'll only be one or two bonfires... AND it'll cost you 3 humanity PER bonfire. That's a semi-precious resource used to reach the same amount of healing items so late in the game you won't need that many, whereas Bloodborne STARTS you at that.

And yes, you have to get Blood Vials by farming... but as I said, first area makes this disgustingly easy. It's the best farming area even late game. So all it does is encourage bad players to grind, which most of them ALREADY do, by forcing them to farm.

In short, Blood Vials encourage bad players to continue using bad habits, while simply giving decent players WAY too many healing items.
>>
>>383727509
so far all I seen are bad people complaining that they can't get an infinite supply by resting.
it's funny because people would complain with DaS about not having heals they could farm and had to stick with the few estus they gave you and having to waste humanity to kindle a bonfire.
shitty players will always complain.
>>
File: Frenzy.jpg (8KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Frenzy.jpg
8KB, 480x270px
>>
>>383728263
>It's the best farming area even late game.
not true.
>>
>>383724176
you couldnt have said ludiwg or orphan or one reborn with his little pokes

you had to pick some of the easiest to cheese bosses in the game

amelia you regan 100% like nothing just through rally

bsb literally cannot hit you if you just walk to his left side
>>
File: 42d.jpg (396KB, 2197x2386px) Image search: [Google]
42d.jpg
396KB, 2197x2386px
>>383718503
I'll say it again.
I'm a mediocre player, I have 300+ hours on BB and I don't remember farming for blood vials, ever.
>>
>>383724206
>stealing your health back after you take damage mechanic
which doesn't even work on bosses because they all dodge away from you after 1-2 hits.
>>
File: Winter Lantern.png (175KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Winter Lantern.png
175KB, 300x300px
>>383728331
hey bro
>>
>>383728573
did the majority of the people who are complaining in this thread only beat bosses by summoning? those are always the people I see who have played the game enough to complain about the mechanics, but never enough to actually know them well enough to use them properly.
>>
>>383728263
>whereas Bloodborne STARTS you at that
Because, especially for new players, you WILL get hit. Remember how Souls has shields to mitigate damage?
>It's the best farming area even late game
No, it's not the best farming area. Not even close. It is decent however; decent enough to, say, help inexperienced players when they run out. Almost like it was designed that way huh?
>So all it does is encourage bad players to grind
That's putting the cart before the horse. It's not encouraging grind, it's discouraging infinite failed attempts. It's encouraging taking breaks, looking around, levelling, etc in favor of trying the same boss with the same setup for the nth time.
>In short, Blood Vials encourage bad players to continue using bad habits
In short, it's the exact opposite. Giving players infinite heals to allow them to try the same situations ad nauseam would be encouraging bad habits.

tl;dr quit making up excuses for your own suckage
>>
>>383728792
I've never summoned in BB because I refuse to pay for PS Plus.
The rally mechanic is only useful with certain weapons because unless you deal enough damage to chain stagger a boss, they won't let you get 4-5 hits in a row in to regen all your health.
>>
>>383721728
Same, I have never been so bored with a souls game before. Still not sure how BB gets so much hype, it is easily the worst of the franchise, and it ruined DS3.
>>
>>383728939
You do not need to stagger a boss to get a full rally. Quit making shit up.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (209KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
209KB, 1600x900px
>>383718503
Its soundtrack.
>>
>>383728913
>it's discouraging infinite failed attempts
Which is stupid because there's no strategy involved in BB, it's all a matter of execution. Learning boss tells and timings takes repetition. If they wanted to discourage repetition they should've gone with a different gameplay style.
>>
>>383728939
I only got the game 3 months, have played through 4 times, and the only boss that I can think that the rally mechanic was almost completely useless was BSB and Orphan.
it's useful for a lot of bosses even if you don't have the axe.
>>
>>383729040
I'd love to see you get a full rally off of ludwig, ook, pthumerian descendant or loran darkbeast with no staggers
>>
the floor of wacky workbench
>>
>>383729161
Have you ever tried to do something, failed at it over and over, taken a break, then completed it easily? That's what Blood Vials attempt to fix. It's a mechanic designed to force you out of a slump.
>>
File: XCOM-2-Game-Guide[1].jpg (42KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM-2-Game-Guide[1].jpg
42KB, 800x480px
>>
>>383728939
>hit, dodge, hit, dodge, hit, dodge
You can still rally after dodging, you know. Just keep dodging attacks while hitting the boss. Works wonders. Rallying is perfectly effective on almost every boss in the game unless you're using one of the few weapons that basically have zero rally potential.
>>
>>383729326
No, but I have gradually improved my skills over multiple attempts until finally succeeding.
If you had that kind of thing happen to you chances are you already picked up the skills necessary in your previous attempts and were just tilted and needed a breather and a clear head. You don't need forced farming for that. That's what the trek towards the boss is already meant to do.
>>
>>383728283
Congratulations, I knew you could do it!
Please refrain from making posts in threads you haven't read in the near future.
>>
>>383729326
Which is on the player, not on the game. The game shouldn't force you to do this because you're too steamed to think to do it yourself. Meanwhile players who don't get like this as often are forced to farm whether it helps them or not because after a while you're no longer allowed to play the game until you do. Especially since most enemies beyond Yharnam almost never drop Blood Vials.
>>
>>383729792
>clear out nightmare lecture hall 3 times
>have enough vials for the next few hours of gameplay
wow
>>
>>383729632
>No
Liar.
>>383729792
>The game shouldn't force you to do this because you're too steamed to think to do it yourself
Except then people will give up out of frustration.

You kids will complain about anything, seriously.
>>
>>383729063
2/10, made me reply
>>
>>383727163
If you think Cleric Beast is bad, try Laurence. It's a reskin that leaves trailing hitboxes and is in Vicar Amelia's small building, instead of a open bridge.
>>
>>383729792
>Especially since most enemies beyond Yharnam almost never drop Blood Vials
Which is why you can just buy them for pennies instead, or head into a chalice dungeon where they drop by the boatful
>>
>>383729723
>refrain from making posts in threads you haven't read in the near future.
but I did read it, retard.
>so far all I've seen are bad people complaining that they can't get an infinite supply by resting.
bad people complaining that the game punishes them for being bad, doesn't ruin a game.
>>
>>383729975
Not baiting, I honestly didn't like the soundtrack that much, it made my head ache after a while. Also, incredibly repetitive. Just my opinion though.
>>
>>383730061
>bad people complaining that the game punishes them for being bad, doesn't ruin a game.
This guy gets it
>>
>>383728263
And teaching players to just run past enemies to sit down at a bonfire to get instant refills isnt? At least in BB if you run to a lamp you get sent to hunters dream accomplishing nothing.
>>
>>383723369
>The player turns into a Great One
>And it's the most boring fucking design in the universe

It really is some bullshit. It might as well have just been your character t-posing.
>>
File: Dayz_SA.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dayz_SA.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
>tha glitchs
>>
>>383726635

Again, "le git gud xD" doesn't make its inclusion any less moronic. I didn't have trouble because I played plenty of DeS/DS1/DS2 before it came out, but it's a stupid pointless change that only fucks over new players.

>Finite vials means eventually you gotta go do something else if you're consistently failing.

Like what? Bloodborne is basic as shit and even shallower than Souls games. The only thing you can do during battles is learn tells and proper dodge/parry timings. Having to stop in between battles to kill ogres on the street for a few vials doesn't help you learn boss movesets, it forces you to do mindless busywork just to have another decent chance. It's the worst at the very beginning of the game, since the mechanics are just vaguely explained and the only wall in the game has to be beat.
>>
File: 1490483902471.gif (2MB, 283x313px) Image search: [Google]
1490483902471.gif
2MB, 283x313px
>>383730594
>be born
>parents holding your stupid baby body
>wtf?? it's so small
>they put you in the garbage
>>
>>383730896
Yeah because something like Rom or Ebrietas or Kos totally started out like a cuttlefish too, right? Fuck off and let me be something cool.
>>
>>383730824
>that only fucks over new players.
That's already enough of a reason to justify its exclusion.
>>
File: clothestats.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
clothestats.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
Clothing having stats tied to them. Most recent example is Xenoverse, but any game that does this without some sort of "change this item to look like this item" system.
>>
>>383730824
>"le git gud xD"
That's not at all what I said at all in that post, so I'll return the favor by ignoring your post and assuming you're just a complaining shit.
>>
>>383718503
Farming these things was a real pain when I was going through the old hunters bosses for the first time.

Then I beat orphan again with my underleveled arcane build to get kos parasite and I had to farm to the maximum storage capacity like twice.
>>
>>383731021
>Yeah because something like Rom or Ebrietas or Kos totally started out like a cuttlefish too, right
Well, yeah maybe.
>>
>>383719118
*BBBRRAAPPP*
>>
>>383731069
I'm torn, because on the one hand I really only play games for fashion but on the other I like when equipment means something. Vanity changes/slots seem lazy though.
>>
>>383718503
Being able to R1 spam stunlock just about everything to death ruined the game. Also the fact that they made parrying 100x easier to do ruined it as well.
>>
>>383728406
Thank you for posting this before I had to do it.
>>
>>383723904
I hate the titty nigger cloud too
>>
>>383729326

>every player that gets stuck at some point is punished because some manchildren can't take a break

Thanks Miyazaki. Maybe in BB 2 we can fill out captchas and do simple math equations after dying enough times.
>>
The thing that ruins BB is giving you the best weapons in the game at the very beginning.
>>
>>383731516
>bitch bitch bitch
>>
>>383727163

Only fags take out the spiderlets. Real men just run past them and focus Rom down.
>>
>>383731021
It's pretty likely they did, actually. Or something equally basic.

Mind you, we see newborn Great Ones after the whore gives birth and in the Orphanage. If you look close they have a lot of direct similarities to Ebrietas, but at face value they're just slugs with a weird bloathead and a couple tentacles.
>>
>>383731565
I found all weapons minus stake driver:( pretty viable. Early game weapons are best against early game enemies, late game better against late.
>>
File: 1499071109326.jpg (179KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1499071109326.jpg
179KB, 392x495px
>>383731628
>Using the lightning pizzacutter to stun Rom to death in one volley

What a rush. Shame about the first time I tried where it didn't work and there was just 5 loads of spiders spawned in after me, instead.
>>
>>383731334
I don't care about lazy if it genuinely improves my enjoyment of the game. I see no reason for them to not let me change how my clothing looks so I can have stats how I want and look how I want to.

Or just make two separate systems. Cosmetic items with no stats whatsoever, and 'gear' like Potaras and other accessories that don't show up but give stats.
>>
>>383731798
You know what's worse? Equipment set bonuses. Why bother making shit look different if you're railroaded into a specific look?
>>
>>383723369
How will she "take care" of you?
>>
>>383731673
Those imperfect children aren't 'real' Great Ones, they're an evolutionary dead-end and won't ascend as true Great Ones. They've got human in them bringing them down, which is why their design is a reference to Guts' child post-Griffith, and why they worship Ebrietas and face her direction at all times. They're just human babies someone shoved Great One stuff into.
>>
>>383731035

epic, simply epic.

>>383731141

That's exactly what you meant though, and you're wrong anyways because there's nothing to do in BB other than kill shit and explore, and there's only so much you can explore in Yharnam without having to kill Gascoigne first. The most a new player can do without killing the cleric beast and level grinding is try Gascoigne again, and grinding is inherently anti-skill. Blood vials are a shitty solution to a solved problem.
>>
>>383731703
Saws are the best weapons in the game from beginning to end. Yes, everything's viable, but the saws destroy almost everything in the game to the point where there's little feeling of progression because everything you pick up from start to finish is just worse than what you started out with.
>>
>>383732047
git gud
>>
File: alt right meme man.png (429KB, 399x614px) Image search: [Google]
alt right meme man.png
429KB, 399x614px
>>383732106

hella f*ckin epic my man, mind if I share this on r/Bloodborne?
>>
>>383732058
>Saws are the best weapons in the game from beginning to end
False. You could make a case for LHB or SBB being the "best" but it comes down to preference. Early game saws deal more damage to kin, which is great because you're fighting lots of those in the first half. Past that it's whatever you're comfortable with.
>>
>>383732252
Hey, if all the kid is taking away from my posts is "git gud" then that's what he gets.
>>
File: niggerass.png (5KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
niggerass.png
5KB, 320x224px
>multiple endings based on some gay ass faggot special stages
this is why i will always prefer sonic cd over 2 and 3 and knuckles.
>>
>>383731565
How is that a problem exactly? Your free to go through the game with shit weapons if you want, I hate when my favorite weapon is at the end of the game and I barely get to use it.
>>383732058
The whirlwig saw is way better than those starting saws. The chikage and bloodletter are better weapons to.
>>
>>383732347

Maybe you should try reading before shutting off your brain after seeing a phrase you don't like.
>>
>>383721172
Boy howdy, that new level up sure was the bee's knees! Oh drat, I still have points left.. I know! I'll buy some vials. Better than losing the echos.
Isn't that difficult.

Slightly related, but what exactly are blood echos?
>>
>>383732256
LHB hasn't been good in forever, and "preference" is meaningless. The proven best way to take out bosses is a buffed, beast blood pellet popped saw spear. The combination of serration, phantom range, strong dash R1s, fast, high damage R1 spam and insanely strong comboable L1 transform attacks makes it better in almost every way than other weapons.
>>
>>383731439
I love parrying in DS but if you think making the window larger in lieu of shields was a bad idea you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>383732660
I made my case and the kid ignored it in favor of a strawman. I'm not going to waste my time arguing the point any further.
>>
I hate parrying

Because I can't get the timing right.
>>
>>383720343

I still get flashbacks playing against unpatched Rom. Those meteors were ridiculous.
>>
>>383732602
>major selling point of the game is its trick weapons
>but most of them are total shit compared to the starting one
It kills variety, it kills any feeling of character growth, and it kills replayability.
At least in Souls if you like a certain moveset you can still upgrade to a stronger weapon using that or a similar moveset at a later point, letting you get stronger without having to give up on the playstyle you like.
>>
>>383731771

Man, I didn't even know lightning was effective against Rom. You just got to float like a butterfly and sting like an Eldritch abomination.
>>
File: tumblr_ojopz6IKzd1tk56hxo1_1280.jpg (144KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojopz6IKzd1tk56hxo1_1280.jpg
144KB, 1280x853px
>>383732770
>mfw finally getting the timing right on Maria and Gehrman
>>
>>383731929
Yep. Hate that shit. It's not terrible if the whole set just looks great AND is what you're going for, but even then it defeats the whole customization part of it.
>>
File: 01a.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
01a.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>383718503
You can parry them. It's only a fraction of the health bar.
???
>>
>>383732712
>starting weapon is strong, simple and versatile
>later weapons are trickier to use, gimmicky, and meant for advanced players to fuck around with
How is this bad?
>>
>>383732894
They are not total shit, Bloodborne had the best balanced weapons of the the entire series. In all the souls games like 80% of the weapons went compeletely unused. When I go online in Bloodborne I see people using virtually everything
>>
>>383732047
>grinding is inherently anti-skill
so then don't grind. I don't get the problem
>decent at the game so then you don't have to grind levels or items
>bad at the game so you can grind to make up for being a shitter
either way you're covered, unless you're just bad and pissy and don't want to admit either.
>>
File: 1446925930822.jpg (197KB, 850x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1446925930822.jpg
197KB, 850x1365px
>>383720343
Not One Reborn nice try.
>>
>>383733246
They both suck, but at least One Reborn dies almost instantly. Rom keeps teleporting away and putting fodder spiders in your path, then starts spamming AoEs to put off the inevitable.
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>383721728
>>383728984
>He quit right before the game completely flips itself on his head
>>
>>383732724
Shields actually take some brains to use faggot. When you block with them you have to actually manage stamina. You can't use them as a "skip fight" option like you can do with parrying in BB. Also with shields when you parry you have to get close so if you mess up the timing you're gonna get fucked.
>>
>>383733198
Not much excitement behind getting a new weapon if you're just going to fool around with it for 5 minutes before you realize it's completely impractical compared to what you've been using the whole game.
>>383733223
That's because BB netcode is too shit for people to bother taking its PvP seriously. If people actually bothered to tryhard all you'd see is saw spears everywhere.
And a fully upgraded saw spear with the right build can tear chunks out of bosses' health bars with every L1, while causing huge amounts of stagger, all the while barely consuming any stamina, and your viscerals also hit for insanely high damage.
>>
File: 1363827726905.jpg (84KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
1363827726905.jpg
84KB, 299x288px
>>383728984
>easily the worst of the franchise
ds2 fags don't get to have an opinion.
>>
>>383733467
>saw spear
>PvP
dude what are you doing?
>>
>>383733640
It's the best PvP weapon. And the best PvE weapon.
>>
>>383733750
Oh, you have no clue what you're talking about, got it. Here I thought you were trying to make a valid point.
>>
>>38373346
The saw spear isn't even that good in pvp. Pvp weapons need more range and damage.
Anything that attacks fast can cheese the bosses with beast pellets. Ranged attacks can cheese most of them too. I don't really see what makes the saw spear so special.
>>
File: w3im.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
w3im.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>villain looks cool as shit
>built up the whole game to be a huge threat
>fight is pathetic boring and short

Imlerith in particular did this for me. I know he's not the main villain but he's still this huge fucking juggernaut, the muscle of the Wild Hunt itself, and in my opinion has the coolest looking armor. Plus he's the first one you fight, and given how easy he falls sort of cheapens the others by association. Their leader is even more pathetic, but I didn't think he looked as cool and by this point I expect most games to have disappointing final bosses.

Mage was pretty solid all around, at least. Cool design, easy but at least SOMETHING of a fight.
>>
>>383734089
See: Shadow of Mordor
>>
>>383734012
>>383734056
Saw Spear has insane damage potential, a great dash R1 with phantom range, and some of the best roll catch potential. Everything a top tier PvP weapon needs.
>>
>>383720343
The Watchdog and the Lawrence reskin were the worst soley due to how shit their hitboxes were.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT4McRt9isc
>>
File: 1450219047751.jpg (111KB, 395x324px) Image search: [Google]
1450219047751.jpg
111KB, 395x324px
>>383733358
Took is slow, down to my last bit of health and still beat it on first try.
Ludwig hammered my ass so hard
>>
>>383734216
>insane damage potentia
Never gets above a C grade
>a great dash R1 with phantom range, and some of the best roll catch potential
So does pretty much anything else, and if that's all you're basing it on the Rifle Spear is better.
>>
I don't see how it is possible to not have 600 vials already stored. Even after you use like 10 vials you get them back after killing a few enemies. How the fuck do you actually run out of them?
>>
>>383734290
The only problem I had with Laurence was his massive fucking health pool
>>
>>383734850
Repetitively die to the same shit over and over like an autist
>>
>>383733750
PvE; arguably if you're going dex
PvP; ahahahahaha
>>
>>383734290
Watchdog in the cursed dungeon was such a bitch. Oneshot city.
>>
>>383734997
Arguable nothing, it's the best in PvE.
PvP only the Saif can come close, and that's just the proto-Saw.
>>
why are Bloodborne fans so autistic

I was in a thread the other day and said BB had great worldbuilding/combat but mediocre story/writing and BB fans fucking lost it
>>
File: stake_driver.jpg (10KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
stake_driver.jpg
10KB, 250x251px
Anybody use the Stake Driver as their main weapon? It's the only weapon I never bothered using, and now I'm going to do run using it.
>>
>>383735127
You can keep repeating it but it's not true. I'm glad the weapon works for you, that's one of the cool things about how BB is balanced, everything works for someone. But it is factually, demonstrably not the best weapon.
>>
>>383732514
But Sonic CD has an ending locked behind shitty special stags.
>>
>>383735364
It's trash. Literally the only unusable weapon IMO, which sucks because it has my favorite design. Low damage, short range, not very fast, and a fully charged R2 is next to impossible to pull off.
>>
>>383735276
What do you not like about the story?
>>
>>383735386
>But it is factually, demonstrably not the best weapon.
Even though you've yet to present any facts or demonstrate anything. Versus the dozens of videos of Saw Spears utterly destroying every single boss in the game in just a few hits.
>>
>>383735614
nothing wrong with it, it's just not exceptional. doesn't do anything special.

the context was that Yoko Taro post on PS blog where he didn't list Bloodborne as a favorite game
>>
>>383729723
it doesn't make you sound intelligent to pad out sentences like this
>>
>>383735662
I already did, see >>383734425
>>
>>383735662
>Versus the dozens of videos of Saw Spears
I could find you dozens of videos of the Kirkhammer or LHB or SBB or Chikage or whatever the fuck else destroying bosses too, it's not unique in that regard.
>>
>>383735908
While its letter grade isn't very high, it has them in multiple stats. Some of its moves also have very high modifiers. So at 50/50 you're doing 1000+ damage per hit with blazing fast attack speed and near zero stamina consumption.
>>
>>383736218
At 50/50 you're an overleveled shitter that would win with anything
>>
File: Caestus.png (54KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Caestus.png
54KB, 512x512px
*Equips in offhand*
*Waits for you to attack*
*Switches to sharp dagger for maximum meta*
Git gud *bows mockingly*
>>
>>383736434
it still does insane damage at 25/50 str/skl.
That also happens to be the only build that can have a full 50 vit at level 98. You've got every single advantage going for you with this weapon.
>>
>>383736218
>While its letter grade isn't very high, it has them in multiple stats
So does literally everything else. LHB for example ends up at B/B/A with a higher base damage compared to Saw Spear with D/C/C at lower base damage.
>But it's faster
Other weapons are faster.
>But it has better range
Other weapons have better range.

Saw Spear is middle tier in a very condensed tier scale.
>>
>>383736926
>Other weapons are faster.
Not while dealing saw spear level damage though.
>Other weapons have better range.
Saw Spear has the same range as LHB due to funky hitboxes.
>>
>>383737061
>Other weapons are faster.
>Not while dealing saw spear level damage though.

Chikage says what's up. Also having all that bloodtinge means you're a beast with Evelyn.
>>
>>383735127
arc and BT builds will do way more dmg overall than saw spear dex build; I'm sorry, but no, it's not the best overall.
it also has an extremely limited moveset.
>>
>>383730095
ok
>>
>>383718503
How do you go from Estus to THIS?
>>
File: 1469489490394.png (89KB, 1272x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1469489490394.png
89KB, 1272x1152px
>>383731516
>Maybe in BB 2 we can fill out captchas and do simple math equations after dying enough times.

>pick all street signs to continue
KEK
>>
>>383737360
We already had this discussion ITT. Long story short, if you hate vials you're either shit or an autist or both.
>>
>>383719118
OHHHHHHH
IT
SINGS
I
N
G
S

TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383735364
>>383735487
go for parries and stagger attacks and clean house.
>>
>>383727746
sounds like you just bought shit tons of them instead of leveling then. There's nothing to brag about when you farm blood/souls you scrub, play the game sequentially.
>>
>>383737274
Chikage is slow as shit and its only decent move is the unsheathing attack. Chikage is all about burst, not DPS.
You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>383737493
Or he played a couple chalice dungeons where vials basically grow on trees. Pay attention to the game anon and you may suck a little less at it.
>>
The fuckhuge parry windows and insane i-frames of dodges that take barely any stamina is what ruined Bloodborne for me.

Results in shit like being able to beat Blood-starved Beast by literally standing still and parrying it until it dies, with the poison not even being a threat.

Outside of atmosphere, this game is pretty garbage.
>>
>>383737290
>it also has an extremely limited moveset.
Its R1s are great, its dash R1 is great, its transform attacks are some of the best in the game, it even has solid R2s.
What else do you want?
>>
>>383737534
>Chikage is slow as shit and its only decent move is the unsheathing attack
>Slow and L1 is the best move
So... the Saw Spear?
>>
>>383718735
This. I just played bloodborne earlier today and I have max in my storage, can't even pick them up unless I keep spamming the blood bullet thing to use them up.
>>
>>383737493
I never bought any items until I hand held a friend through his playthough and only did the bare minimum of progression to keep pace with his character.
I also do all my first souls playthroughs without summoning because that just takes the initial fun out of the game.
stop projecting so hard.
>>
>>383737637
R1s are decent, dash R1 is decent, transform attack is decent, and it has a solid R2. It's mid-tier, beat out in a lot of ways by a lot of other weapons. It's good and viable, but not the best.
>>
>>383737647
>saw spear
>slow
nigga what?
>>
>>383737637
>What else do you want?
one of the other half a dozen weapons that have a much better moveset.
>>
>>383737596
>The fuckhuge parry windows and insane i-frames of dodges that take barely any stamina is what ruined Bloodborne for me.
They had to make up for removing blocking somehow. Parrying is such a huge risk in the Souls games that they're not even worth attempting unless you're looking for bragging rights against bosses. Giving huge parry windows and better dodges balances well with the lack of shields.
Bloodborne was not an easy game, so your complaints are pretty silly.
>>
>>383730095
>5/10 for anyone else, 1/10 for me because I see through you
>>
>>383737693
>literally bragging about being good at games on the internet
just end it
>>
>>383719118
Oh, bad dog!
>>
>>383737763
About as slow as Chikage yeah.
>>
File: 1499408108903.jpg (62KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499408108903.jpg
62KB, 542x540px
>>383737804
>Bloodborne was not an easy game
>>
>>383737809
I agree with him. You might just be a little too autistic.
>>
>>383737824
>Literally refuting your shitty argument with personal evidence
ftfy
>>
>>383737569
I got nothing to prove bub, I did everything on that game

It's people who claim ridiculous things that are outing themselves as scrubs. If you brag about something then you're admitting to finding it hard, which ironically does the opposite of what you want.
>>
>>383737804

The fact you can parry from a mile away with little consequence for fucking up is overboard.
>>
>>383737824
I'm not good though, but I'm also not hopeless pathetic enough to blame my shittiness on a game.
>>
File: 1498963305088.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498963305088.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>383737804

>it wasn't easy for me so your legitimate complaints are silly lol
>>
>>383737932
>It's people who claim ridiculous things
Like having a ton of extra vials, which is perfectly understandable if you did any chalice runs? You're the one being ridiculous.
>>
>>383737931
nah man, you just got triggered hard which proves you were bullshitting about a game to try and get some recognition from strangers.

Filthy beasts like yourself can't comprehend anything past the basics, open your fucking eyes.
>>
>>383737982
There's a bit of a consequence considering parries are limited
>>
>>383738085
nobody said anything about chalice runs until you, your attempt at justifying his bullshit is as pathetic as his bragging.
>>
>>383737982
you can't parry from too far away otherwise you can't get close enough to do the VA. the range is large enough though that if you know what you're doing you can miss a parry from far away enough that you will still not get hit for the majority of attacks.
>>
File: Dark Souls fanboys.jpg (107KB, 450x635px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls fanboys.jpg
107KB, 450x635px
>>383737982
>The fact you can parry from a mile away with little consequence
1. Waste of bullets
2. The parry window may be huge but to riposte you need to be dryhumping the enemy in order to get close enough to hit r1 in time.
3. Parries are useless if you can't reposte.
>>383738081
>It was easy for me so it's an easy game for everyone else in the world lol
Hey, there's a reason Souls games are considered hard and gloating about them being the easiest games ever only makes it look like you have something to prove.
>>
>>383727971
>needing SP
>>
>>383735487
>and a fully charged R2 is next to impossible to pull off
And even if you do get it, it isn't nearly worth the time and risk. It does maybe 10% more damage than a kikehammer charged r2.
Steak dinner is a fun weapon at best, meme weapon at worst.
>>
MAN WHO EVEN NEEDS TO HEAL THESE GAMES ARE SOOOOOOO FUCKING EASY HAHA I BEAT ALL SOULS GAMES AND BLOODBORNE WITH ONLY ONE HAND WHILE HALF ASLEEP
>>
>>383738186
>implying you're ever low on bullets

>>383738236
>>383738274
>what is forward double dash that clears the massive gap within seconds
>>
>>383738231
I was in his same situation anon, and I'd built up my stash with chalice runs. You're the one sperging about "NOT POSSIBLE," I was just backing him up.
>ridiculous
>pathetic
Projection
>>
>>383738274
>>383738364

Imagine being so bad at vidya it makes you this mad.
>>
>>383738231
first person you were initially responding to, I also never did any chalice dungeons except the first layer, because I didn't quite get the point of them and they didn't seem too interesting.
I got all my extra vials by exploring and eventually using those runes that replenish health/bullets when parrying.
>>
>PUBG
3rd person
>>
>>383738096
I wasn't the original poster, just pointing out how stupid you are.
He was just providing anecdotal evidence as to why you are wrong, and bad at the game.

I never ran out either btw you fucking casual
>>
>>383738370
>implying you're ever low on bullets
After a 20ish you gotta start dipping into your vials, so yeah, it's a finite resource. You can't just spam shots all day, it takes some strategy.
>>
File: Respec-akara (1).jpg (28KB, 209x239px) Image search: [Google]
Respec-akara (1).jpg
28KB, 209x239px
>>383718503
>>
>>383738370
l2read, man.
>the range is large enough though that if you know what you're doing you can miss a parry from far away enough that you will still not get hit for the majority of attacks.
the gap is large, but it's not like no matter where ever you are if you land a parry that you can pull off the VA.
overexaggerating is the easiest way to loose an argument.
>>
>>383738370
>>what is forward double dash that clears the massive gap within seconds
Yeah try to visceral straight out of a dash, buddy, you need a long enough pause for it to register you're ONLY pressing r1 and no other button combinations. They're also finite, so stop thinking parrying is an auto win button. Parrying is a core mechanic to make up for the fact you die in barely 3 hits and you have to be smart with them.
>>
>>383738538

You don't even need to parry generic enemies, considering you can nothing personal pretty much all of them. The rate of drops makes it so you don't have to worry either.
>>
File: 1321960746599.jpg (63KB, 586x587px) Image search: [Google]
1321960746599.jpg
63KB, 586x587px
>>383738619
Wait.
Are you... are you trying to tell me respecing is bad?
Oh boy.
Oh no, this thread is going somewhere shitty real fast and you're the harbinger.
>>
>>383738410
>>383738457
fucking keked
>>
>>383718503
Nope.
>>
>>383738758
So use normal attacks sometimes, dash sometimes, gun sometimes, and VA sometimes? aka use all your tools? What's your argument again?
>>
>>383738759
No need to post your profilepic d3babby.
This isn't facebook newfriend.
>>
File: 1498767824276.jpg (40KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
1498767824276.jpg
40KB, 576x472px
>yfw majority of people who praise BB are babies who started with Dark Souls
>>
>>383721056
Cool. Show me a webm of you spamming the attack button and winning. Just spamming the attack button too.
>>
>>383738870

That this game is piss easy.
>>
>>383718503
The blood vials are a good mechanic.
Having 20 Blood vials that you can also resupply from enemies allowed the devs to make levels longer and didn't have to sprinkle bonfires every 10 meters like Dark Souls 3 did which in turn created more tension when gameplay isn't broken my a safe zone every 2 minutes.
>>
>>383738913
Started with KF back when, BB is great
>>
>>383738516
well then you either spent an unhealthy amount of blood on them or "explored" a lot to farm blood.

Sorry bro, you're not going to convince me someone on a blind playthrough will be fine with just vial drops from enemies.
>>
>>383738959

Sure thing.
>>
>>383738913
Started with Demon's souls and all souls games are good, even dark souls 2, it's just LESS good. Bloodborne is my favourite. Mechanics, animations, setting, atmosphere, it has everything except armour (clothing?) variety. I want more fashion.
>>
>>383738950
Cool.
>>
>>383738959
Then that puts you on the minority.
>>
>>383718503
I liked blood vials
>>
>>383739079
I like you. I thought they were fine, too. It reminded me of demon's souls.
>>
>>383738979
you didn't happen to playtest for HL2, by any chance did you?
>>
>>383738979
>Sorry bro, you're not going to convince me someone on a blind playthrough will be fine with just vial drops from enemies
Imagine sucking this much
>>
File: girl.png (110KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
girl.png
110KB, 872x632px
>>383738998
You buttmad that I was playing games before you were born?
>>
I'm starting to notice a correlation between people who think convenience is bad and how young they are. Older people tend to enjoy convenience and younger types tend to think it makes things too easy and it'll harm their reputation if they're not challenged all the time.
>>
>>383739428
Cool now perform a scientific experiment on that hypothesis and write a paper on it. Then get back to me.
>>
>>383738979
Dude they are literally everywhere. Like 70% of every enemy drops at least 2. And every area is littered with a random clump of like 6-8 of them just sitting around in a corner. Also if you start a blind run of any souls like game, and don't explore a bunch then what are you even doing? Exploring the world is part of the game.
>>
File: 1335316365553.png (69KB, 222x180px) Image search: [Google]
1335316365553.png
69KB, 222x180px
>>383739501
On it, give me your address.
>>
>>383718503
>ruin
I think you need to learn what that word means.
>>
>>383739610
The early areas have a huge droprate for them to get you started but some later area enemies will rarely ever drop any. The chalice dungeons just pump you full of blood echoes and a good 80% of the items you pick up will just be blood vials, though. That kinda bothers me, like they didn't have any other items to litter areas with.
>>
>>383739428

This

Work smarter not harder you dumbfucking newfriends
>>
>>383739291

Nah, I just don't believe you considering you couldn't even say which KF.
>>
>>383739428

>only young people care about e-peen

Well duh..
>>
>>383739129
>>383739137
>>383739610
All the triggered tryhards, fucking lol. Just know that an anon called you on your shit. Sleep with that information in mind.
>>
>>383723904
Glitz pit was the best part of the Paper Mario series though, you philistine.
>>
>>383739952
KF1(US), DeS, KF2(US), KF4, DaS 1/2, Bloodborne, DaS 3 in that order. I played KF1 through for the first time when I was about 10. My mom took me to EBGames and I got to pick between that or Tomb Raider.
>>
>>383739807
Yeah chalice dungeons are pretty weak in general. Putting a procedurally generated dungeon crawler area in a game with such a cool world was a dumb idea. Like why would I ever want to slog through a bunch of random stone rooms with the same poison knife weirdo's chasing me everywhere. They gave good gems, and that's basically it.
>>
>>383740210

I believe you.
>>
>>383728331
>Frenzy
This is the only acceptable complaint
>>
>>383740030
>Sleep with that information in mind
An anon outed himself as a shit player and we provided basic info about the game to refute his sperging "argument", damn, however will I sleep at night
>>
>>383740271
Thanks man
>>
>>383722658

>He thinks games are a challenging medium

Games are made to be enjoyable and relaxing. Not our fault you have failed at finding a meaningful thing to do in life and it's your only source of challenge.

Anyone who disagrees is a failure.
>>
>>383719587
I only remember having to farm them when I was doing The Old Hunters for the first time.

Ludwig and Orphan especially
>>
>>383740360
keep telling yourself that anon =^)
>>
>>383740516
Games are made for a variety of reasons anon. Anyone who disagrees doesn't realize that every dev has their own influences and ideas they want to present. IWBTG is very different from Papers Please which is very different from Kirby Superstar. Lumping them all into a single, generic category of "games that are enjoyable" is asinine.
>>
>>383718503
This doesn't really bother me because I tend to be very very good at every game that I play. I guess I'm just a natural gamer who doesn't run into these problems that you guys do. Meh.
>>
>getting my shit pushed in by defiled amygdala and ihyll pthumerian descendant
just fuck my shit up famiglia
>>
File: wideeyed.png (169KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
wideeyed.png
169KB, 872x632px
>>383740728
Wow anon you're so cool!~
>>
File: 1498537489833.gif (915KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
1498537489833.gif
915KB, 245x285px
>>383740030
>WOW THIS GAME IS SO HARD I KEEP DYING WHY DON'T I HAVE INFINITE HEALS
>It's not that hard, I never had that much trouble. Most vials can be found fairly easily. Have you tried using the rally system more?
>LMOA look at all these tryhards, fucking losers
Alright bud.
>>
>>383740852
Yeah he's assblasted trying to segue into "i was just trolling XD"
Pretty sad desu
>>
>>383740852
Are there gamers on /v/ who are really that bad at video games? I mean I found personally that bloodbourne was not very that hard comparatively at all.
>>
>>383740719

IWBTG is literally a satire of people like you. You go around accomplishing nothing, beating the hard bosses from literally other games until you essentially give up(which the game is designed around, hence the game being hard) or kill yourself.

The maker of the game itself is trying to show you that it's stupid for you to put in all this effort into a stupid game. Meanwhile people like you are to stupid to realize that.
>>
>>383741213
>The maker of the game itself is trying to show you that it's stupid for you to put in all this effort into a stupid game.

While IWBTG is certainly more difficult than the average game, it's by no means extremely difficult. If the maker of the game was trying to make that point, he did not succeed.
>>
>>383740030
>triggered tryhard
>anon called you
stop samefagging and how am I a tryhard when I admit I'm not a very good player?
>>
>>383740852
nah I'm serious

Later stages in the game don't drop vials often at all, you guys are just proving you never got past yarnham.

You can totally beat the game without "farming" for vials if you simply play like shit and keep repeating the same areas over and over for "exploration" and leveling up, which is just farming with different wording. If you play the game right you won't get that many because you'll only go past the areas where they are plentiful ONCE.

People trying to convince me they beat the game BLIND by simply using the vials they get from mobs, assuming they aren't shitters who repeated areas more than once are delusional. This is hard as fuck and I'm not ashamed to admit it unlike you tryhards.

Not only are tryhards claiming they did this, they also claim it's easy. Kid, learn this well: those who try the hardest to prove themselves are ALWAYS the most insecure.

I'm just calling them on their shit, nothing else.
>>
File: 1496032310695.png (151KB, 527x490px) Image search: [Google]
1496032310695.png
151KB, 527x490px
>>383741478
>Later stages in the game don't drop vials often at all
>>
>>383741435

>Look at me I am a pro at video games

Next you're going to tell me you are a pro TV watcher.
>>
>>383741184
From what I've seen a lot of it is from a fighting style standpoint. One friend of mine usually plays fast dex builds in past Ds games. Another would play as Havel. The first one thought Bloodborne was easy, and fun, but my Havel buddy really struggled with it. At least that's why I think BB is so polarizing, because you have to be fast and aggressive in BB, otherwise you lose to attrition, and some players weren't used to that.
>>
File: catface.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
catface.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>383741478
>Kid, learn this well: those who try the hardest to prove themselves are ALWAYS the most insecure.
The irony
>>
>>383741616
I don't watch TV, and definitely don't consider myself pro at video games - although after reading some of these threads, I guess I am certainly above the curve compared to average /v/ poster.

I mean, yes it's a hard game, but it's obviously a loveletter designed by a guy who likes hard games. If he was trying to make a point about how stupid it was to put so much effort into a game, he would've made it a little bit more impossible.
>>
>>383741213
>IWBTG is literally a satire of people like you
I think you misunderstood my point, and in fact proved it. Not all games are made to be enjoyable and easy.
>>
>>383741478
kill 1 boss

1 boss early gives enough for about 60 vials and if you do well on the zone thats enough for 100 vials

there are like 3 optional bosses in the beginning
>>
>>383741907

Yes, some games are bad. Why you keep playing them is beyond me.
>>
>>383742017
Anon, didn't you read >>383741478 ? It's literally not possible to get vials in this game!
>>
>>383741823

You win the game by basically killing yourself in a boss battle. You're just being dumb if you can't understand what that means.
>>
>>383742063
Where is all this projection coming from? Anon stated "games are made to be enjoyable" and I provided examples otherwise. Don't be so defensive.
>>
>>383742017
I'm sorry, are you admitting to stocking up on vials at the very start of the game? How weird, you don't NEED them in the easiest part of the game so why would you preemptively do that...?

really gets those neurons firing
let me know if you don't get what i'm saying
>>
>>383742192
Now you're just being retarded on purpose.
>>
>>383729063
To be fair, that's a combination of the N64 having shit-tier sound and tiny cartridge space.
Quake 64 literally had its music composed of recycled sound effects from the game because there wasn't enough space on the cartridge for music samples to use.
>>
>>383741478
>Later stages in the game don't drop vials often at all
Nice lie
Everyone here has said nothing more to you than, "oh I didn't have that much trouble, blood vials are easy to find." and you throw a hissy fit acting like we're a bunch or little kids felling proud for beating a videogame. The only time I ever backtracked or repeated an area was to open a shortcut. Yeah not everyone is great at specific video games. I'm shit at overwatch for example, but I don't go whining to people about how having cool downs is bullshit, and unfair. Don't call a game mechanic 'busted', or 'bad design' just because your bad at the game.
>>
>>383741478
>keep repeating the same areas over and over for "exploration" and leveling up, which is just farming with different wording.
No, it's not. exploration means that you keep branching out to make sure you've seen where each path leads. it doesn't mean you keep repeating the same areas over and over that happen to drop the items you need until you have enough to continue. those are two different things.
you never hear anyone saying they're going to "explore north america" in 2017 when they're really just driving through different states on international highways.
stop being an idiot for the sake of it. trolling was never "acting retarded and continuing to argue with them to get people to believe you" it was trying to get retards to openly show their own stupidity.
>>
>>383738913

>order I played the games
DaS>DeS>DaSII>BB>DaSIII

>ranking
DeS>BB>DaSII>DaS>>>>>DaSIII
>>
>>383742180

Games are made to be enjoyable. Some games are not, making them bad games.

How is that projecting?
>>
>>383742281
Nope. If you use the blood from the first bosses to stack up on vials it proves two things:

1. You think you'll need them later
2. You know they get more expensive

Both of which completely and uterrly BTFO of the tryhards saying they got along fine with just the drops with 300 (FUCKING LOL) to spare.

gg m8
>>
>>383742573
shit taste
>>
>>383742442
nope, guy claimed he ended the first blind playthrough of the game with 300 to spare without farming

>>383727746

get fucking rekt kid, you're just all backpeddling now because you got called out.
>>
File: 1499543766921.png (319KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
1499543766921.png
319KB, 532x582px
>>383743417
Yeah I had probably close to that, around 200-300 ish for me. So his claim is entirely possible as long as he explored, and is good at the game.
>get fucking rekt kid
>gg m8
At least you've confirmed for me that you are actually underage, and not some Autistic manchild. It gives me the hope that you will grow out of being a retard someday.
>>
>>383743417
did you even look at who you're replying to?
>>
>>383721010

There was nothing fun with following around.
>>
>>383738913
I started with DeS and BB is probably my favourite because it recaptured that feeling of wonder I had with DeS.
>>
When i played BB first, and read about blood vials being limited, i tought that there was only 200 of them in the entire game, that made me never abuse of them. That helped me to git gud.
>>
>>383719118
The moon/paleblood
>>
>>383728636
would rather redo my entire level 1 file on friede after 250 deaths than ever play bb again cuz of this one enemy fuck this thing and all its creators
>>
File: kos3.jpg (68KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
kos3.jpg
68KB, 960x540px
Please type out the noise this boss makes
>>
>>383746560
"Zoo wee, mama!"
>>
>>383746560
AyylmaooOoOOooOo
>>
I adore Bloodborne so I'm biased but every time I had to farm for blood vials/echoes with which to acquire vials it was because I was fucking around and being a scrub.
>>
File: 1492906184678.gif (87KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492906184678.gif
87KB, 480x270px
>>383728331
>>
>>383722992
There is no vials between the lantern and logarius, Rom, Nurse, Maria nor the orphan.
Considering that I'm a scrub (but a persistent one) and that it took me 20+ tries for some if them, I had to farm on a regular basis, and it was not very fun.
>>
File: sadpepe.jpg (149KB, 784x811px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
149KB, 784x811px
>>383727746
No shit, I never once had to farm vials or bullets. If I was playing particularly shitty I'd use some saved up blood echoes to buy a few vials. /v/ is fucking garbage at vidya.
>>
File: maga.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maga.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
>>383728636
That beast is wearing the Puppet's robes, and its head is made of messengers.

What does it mean???
>>
>>383721302
Farm them for hours?

You can kill those fetus worm things outside the Grand Cathedral Lamp and get like 5k seals a run.

It's only ~15k seals to be fully stocked. And if you suck bad enough to not get to GC then the game gives you a co-op handicap
>>
>>383729632
You've never experienced going to bed after getting your ass kicked by a boss or segment in a level for hours, then waking up in the morning or a few days later to completely whip its ass? The brain adapts and learns, even when we're not consciously aware of it.
>>
I'm about wrapped up everything in the main game. Should I do Chalice Dungeons first or the DLC?
>>
>>383748460
Chalice dungeons suck, so either do them first, and get them out of the way, or just ignore them. The only run I've ever done the chalice dungeons on was my first run, and I only did like the first two before getting bored out of my mind.
>>
>>383718503
Except the time you have to waste in farming, it was convenient than estus though.
>>
>>383748460
I would do chalice dungeons first, if only for the reason to experience them for a quick spell.
either you're going to stick with that build and do PvP to max out your damage more, or you're going to jump ship to another build.
you're likely going to go through them eventually for one reason or another and at least this way you can space out the dungeon levels between playthroughs/bosses. no matter what you choose if you decide to keep at em till you get to the dungeons that matter you are going to be bored with them. might as well learn the route early on while you're OP for the starter ones.
>>
File: MegaManZX-Map(Rough).png (15KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MegaManZX-Map(Rough).png
15KB, 1024x1024px
>>383718503
>>
File: Nani.png (25KB, 188x264px) Image search: [Google]
Nani.png
25KB, 188x264px
>>383747868
>seals

What did he mean by this?

As for BloodBorne, I think the game has a fair amount of flaws. The one that sticks out to me though is that items increase in cost the further you get. I just don't get what the point of it is, it makes the blood vial problem worse and makes the boltpaper and firepaper more of a hassle to get. To what end?
>>
>>383750308
ha, the idiot doesn't even know they're called blood souls, not seals.
the increase in item cost is to offset the exponential increase in souls the enemies give.
>>
>>383750672
Doesn't that just incentivize over-leveling? What else is there to spend your blood echoes on?
>>
>>383750308
>>383750672
fucking blood echoes

calling them seals because i've been grinding to get this vampire bitch in the f2p tekken game for so damn long
>>
'EES TAOON'S FINEESH'D
>>
What's the easiest build? Bloodtinge?
>>
>>383751906

this dad's finished
>>
>>383751798
>Doesn't that just incentivize over-leveling?
no, comparing it to having prices stay static it is doing the opposite. if items cost a couple hundred souls and in the late game you can get 10's of thousands of them in a few minutes with ease then there is nothing to spend souls on but leveling. if you jack up the prices of items along with the amount of souls you give the player then they have to make a choice; do I spend this on the exponential cost of leveling up or on situational but useful items. there is also the insight bath shop for when you don't want to spend souls.
the game makes you choose but you're never really deprived unless you're straight running past everything and losing you're souls a bunch.
>>
>>383747746
someone said that they believed it had something to do with the concept of nightmares and the player-hunter, some shit like that
>>
File: AWAY AWAY.jpg (189KB, 822x617px) Image search: [Google]
AWAY AWAY.jpg
189KB, 822x617px
>>383751906
>>383752793
>>
>>383748460
There's a secret boss you can only find deep in the chalice dungeons.
>>
>>383718503
It should've just been DS3 estus. It's only an item so you can get refills from enemy and item drops, but DS3 solved that problem by having enemies give you back estus charges randomly.
>>
>>383752880
I suppose that's fair. As I was playing the game though it never felt like getting the items was a good investment and it just got worse in terms of a benefit/blood ratio whereas levels were a constant. After beating the Orphan in New Game + I got 177,900 Blood echoes according to the wikis (assuming I am about level 100) I could get about 15 fire papers or I could level up twice. 15 fire papers could last me a while but a level is just about always helpful.

I suppose what you said makes sense though, if the player is getting a sufficiently high number of blood echoes in a short amount of time then it is true that the increase in cost could be used to mitigate the players increase in souls available.
>>
>>383721282
This. The biggest problem was that they change the estus animation to be even slower and it roots you in place, while you can still walk while smashing a lifegem. Sometimes it ends up being safer to smash two lifegems during a boss fight than stay in place and go through the ungodly slow estus animation.
>>
>>383737437
It's enough to make a man sick
>>
>>383754397
I usually stop leveling around 95 because I feel like I can beat any boss fairly easily and have accomplished the most for whatever build I'm going for around that level. after that there is really nothing left to spend souls on. either way though the proper item will get you further in the short run than a quick level. so just like a lot of things, it is a risk-reward scenario.
>>
>>383754397
oh I also forgot to mention that at later levels you're much more likely to end up reaching the hard cap for stats. so whenever you spend souls on that attribute you've been pumping up, you get less back; both in souls and in pure stat increases. all things equal, items give you the same inc, and when used wisely almost any smart item buy will be of more of a raw benefit. obviously if you die a lot on one boss then buffing your weapon and then dying is a waste, but I'm sure you get the idea.
>>
>>383754896
>>383756151
Yeah, I can follow what you're getting at. The item cost increase makes much more sense with it in mind. Just one thing though, Arcane continues to scale well (in terms of Hunter's Tools) even after you pass 50 so it is not quite ubiquitous but what you said is mostly correct

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y7zuCaT_LAqFrKQrdxz8Upe7gBJiVcOjO13XxssSGqE/htmlview
>>
>>383720343
I appreciate how unique this boss is but it was like DS2 tier annoying to fight
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.