[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: garbage games and or series that you despise especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

ITT: garbage games and or series that you despise especially because they are wrongfully critically acclaimed

i'll start
>>
File: kR4JRExjdRQ.jpg (188KB, 1500x818px) Image search: [Google]
kR4JRExjdRQ.jpg
188KB, 1500x818px
Even if you don't like souls you should acknowledge the game's strengths and unique place in today's market which not many other games occupy.

Bloodborne especially has so many individual elements to appreciate that saying the game is garbage is a flat out lie. It has some weaker points but the amount of effort that went into designing the games' top tier art direction, atmosphere, and progression is too much to be overlooked unless you just want to be a contrariness faggot.
>>
>>383714002

I didn't realize that the covers of each Dark Souls game show the last boss.

Neat.
>>
>>383714926
Only DaS3 does that though
>>
>>383714285
>you dont like it you you are contrarian

nah it just has

>shit graphics
>shit physics (all canned animations, no physics based anything, looks and feels clunky and repetitive)
>clipping everywhere
>boring repetitive gameplay (the most important factor into why this series is garbage)
>"character creation" is genuinely worse than wwf era wrestling games
>parades itself as an open world game when it isn't really
>inconsistant pacing
>bland and inconsistent world / level design with some exceptions
>no variety
>little replayability factor
>>
>>383715253
Why do you make shit up just to pad your stupid greentext list?
Why the outright lies?
>>
>you will never be this offended by existence of certain video games
>>
>>383714002
"wrongfully critically acclaimed"
jesus christ you are delusional
>>
>>383715253
You're just saying random shit now.
>>
>>383714002
All Souls games are amazing though
>>
>>383714002
I wouldn't say the games are garbage but there too fucking hard for my noobish self.
>>
>>383714002
>garbage games

You first.
>>
>>383714926
I don't see Gwyn, Allant, Nashandra/Aldia or Gehrman anywhere in that pic.
>>
>>383715253
>I don't like popular thing because buzzwords
wew lad
>>
>>383715375
>>383715465
literally no retort

what parts were random or made up ?
>>
File: Anon_u_ok.png (324KB, 579x458px) Image search: [Google]
Anon_u_ok.png
324KB, 579x458px
>>383714926
>Oscar
>final boss of DAS 1
>>
>>383715253
Alright, I'll bite.

>shit graphics
That's an opinion, if anything. I actually thought the souls series did a good job at creating an atmosphere with the graphics. Sure, they weren't Crisis and didn't have a character creation engine like BDO, but it was far from "shit"

>shit physics (all canned animations, no physics based anything, looks and feels clunky and repetitive)
M8, there were like, 25 weapon types and each one had a different animation set. Also, the armor sets had cloth physics in DAS2 and up, can't recall if DAS1 had it.

>clipping everywhere
Like every other game that lets you have custom armor/weapons. That's going to be an issue in every game for the next 10 years m8.

>boring repetitive gameplay
Also an opinion. If you didn't like the gameplay, of course you'll find it boring. Other people enjoyed playing the game with different weapons (because they played completely different you baka) or playing a fatroller or something like that the next go around.

>"character creation" is genuinely worse than a wwf wrestling game
You got me there. I agree with that one. I wore a helmet all the time because of it.

>parades itself as an open world
Literally never ever. The game is a series of somewhat convoluted hallways, often with trees, and it's never pretended otherwise. It's always been about "opening doors to the next area"

>inconsistent pacing
That's hard to argue in any capacity, since the pacing is largely on the player character. You could spend weeks in one area or twenty minutes.

>bland and inconsistent world
>no variety
Nigga what? That's also an opinion, so I can't sit here and say "you're wrong," but holy fuck do I disagree. Souls series has given me my most "woah holy shit" moments when entering a new world.

>little replayability factor
Again, if you didn't like the gameplay the first go around, you're not going to want to replay it with a different setup.
>>
File: 1495465828681.png (237KB, 616x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495465828681.png
237KB, 616x480px
>>383714002
Nice try OP. Here's your (You).
/thread
>>
>>383715253
(you)
>>
>>383716698
Literally this

OP is just plebbing
>>
>>383715253
you probably like undertale
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.