[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: arino.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
arino.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
Whatever happened to this guy?
>>
He's still around, but the generals on /vr/ died
>>
>>383713795
He's still making episodes but the fansubbers are slow and lazy.
>>
>>383713795
Probably playing metal slug in a laundromat
>>
>>383713795
People stopped subbing his videos because of discord drama, unfortunately.
>>
Still does GCCX, also does a Minecraft web series with his comedy duo partner now.
>>
>>383713917
WHAT IS JAPAN'S OBSESSION WITH METAL SLUG 3?
I DON'T GET IT
>>
>>383713917
with an old lady
>>
>>383714056
That laughs at Arino's complaints.
>>
>>383713976
Fuck seriously?
I unironically wanna see that now
>>
>>383713953
>People stopped subbing his videos because of discord drama, unfortunately.
Explain this. What the fuck happened and why the fuck should we suffer for some faggot drama?

>>383713976
>Minecraft web series
So cancer has finally reached Japan
>>
>>383713795
videos arent being subbed anymore, so /v/ lost interest
>>
>>383714317
>why the fuck should we suffer for some faggot drama?
because you're too lazy to learn Japanese and sub it yourself?
>>
>>383714243
No subs, but here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs2ORs1lNqY
>>
>>383713795
The subs got really slow after S15 and we are only now getting some new subs after a long time

i can't believe i actually watched all 15 of the fully finished seasons, with each episode being a full hour long.
>>
>>383714317
>finally reached japan
>pretending minecraft wasn't a global phenomenon

like okay you have established your cool cred by not liking minecraft, no need to create your own mental reality where it isn't widely beloved by literally everyone else.

christ it's funny seeing /v/ whine about minecraft when it was /v/ that made it popular in the first place and supported it in early access.

in japan especially minecraft was HUGE, why do you think they made Dragon Quest Builders, literally a mash of DQ art design and minecraft?
>>
>>383714683
>i can't believe i actually watched all 15 of the fully finished seasons, with each episode being a full hour long.
a brief distraction from the crushing emptiness of my life
>>
>>383714945
i've been trying to find subs of the original Terrace House, i need another comedic asian show to binge since subs have all but died for GCCX.
>>
>>383714024
>WHAT IS JAPAN'S OBSESSION WITH METAL SLUG 3?
It's a fucking amazing game
>>
>>383713795
i catch myself muttering "shimataaaa" all the time, his little catchphrases are great
>>
File: Garfield 1978.png (48KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
Garfield 1978.png
48KB, 378x378px
>>383714942
Yo-ge, Kuso-ge.
That has been Japan's mantra since forever "Western game, shit game". Why would Minecraft be/is any different to them?
>>
>>383715127
>i need another comedic asian show to binge
have you watched Gaki?
https://www.teamgaki.com/24-hour-tag/
>>
>>383715369
I am embarrassed for you
>>
>>383715582
Not him but i still have to watch the last two batsu games
>>
>>383715518
minecraft isn't considered a "western game", it's a building sim. they don't hate it inherently for being made by a westerner, it has little to zero resemblance to japan's understanding of "yo-ge kuso-ge". they think every game in the west is gritty, realistic grimdark shit like call of duty and the last of us.

minecraft was actually popular enough to become the best selling game on wii u in japan above anything else, and it was even used to market the Switch in Japan

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/minecraft_plays_a_prominent_role_in_new_japanese_commercial_for_nintendo_switch
>>
>>383714942
>/v/ is one person
I didn't support jackshit.
>>
>>383715793
Huh is that so.
From what I know, the yo-ge, kuso-ge mantra began when they got the Atari 2600... Way after the Famicom was already established there.
>>
>>383715860
No that is my point, /v/ is not one person, it was widely beloved by most of /v/ at the time, notch was "dare i say, /ourguy/" before the game went mainstream.
>>
File: QGEddnX.png (192KB, 610x344px) Image search: [Google]
QGEddnX.png
192KB, 610x344px
>>383715518
japs love some western games
they fucking love skyrim and shit for example
also
>>
>>383715945
also i think that attitude is dying anyway because Skyrim was also insanely popular in Japan. Like to the point where it was most any japanese dev's GOTY when asked.
>>
>>383716096
Wizardry was always popular there too, so much it's now pretty much a Japan-only IP now.
>>
>>383716096
so much that even zelda took inspiration from it
>>
>>383713917
UWA~~, METAL SLUGU
>>
>>383715342
but 3 isn't even the best Metal Slug game.
X is.
>>
>>383715945
>Atari's logo is Mt Fuji, the name Atari is named after a move in the ancient game of Go
>is still the most Western game company to have ever existed
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.